Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,702 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu (32239 Views)

Organ Harvest: I Thought I Was Being Scammed By Doctors - Ekweremadu Tells Court / Ayo Olowonihi: My Travails In The Hands Of Magu - EFCC Director / PDP Leaders Behind My Travails - Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by Islie: 1:24pm On Dec 15, 2022
Embattled former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, on Thursday told Justice Inyang Ekwo of a Federal High Court in Abuja that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission was responsible for his travails at the London Court where he had been in detention over alleged organ harvest.

The Senator who has been in custody in London over an alleged organ harvest told the Federal High Court that the EFCC wrote a letter to the London Court which made the foreign court refuse to admit him to bail.

Ekweremadu’s allegations were contained in an application he filed before the Nigerian court seeking an order of the court to set aside interim order granted in favour of the Federal Government for forfeiture of his 40 properties in the country and outside the country.

The ex-Deputy Senate President in the application by his counsel, Chief Adegboyega Awomolo (SAN), claimed that the forfeiture order was granted to the Federal Government in error because the EFCC suppressed information and facts in respect of the properties.

Specifically, the detained Senator alleged that the EFCC fraudulently obtained the forfeiture order for the government by concealing information that the investigation on the 40 properties started as far back as 2008.

Among others, he alleged that the EFCC was fully aware that he was in detention in London when the application for forfeiture of the properties was filed and argued.

He said that the anti-graft agency deliberately refused to disclose to the court that he was in London detention and would not be able to counter the forfeiture request.

Ekweremadu, therefore, prayed the court to set aside the forfeiture order and stay proceedings in the matter until he resolves his ordeal before the London Court.

However, counsel to the EFCC, Silvanus Tahir (SAN), denied that the commission was behind Ekweremadu’s ordeal.

While admitting that EFCC wrote the London Court based on a special request, he said that it was a normal routine for anti-graft agencies to exchange information that would be of help to one another.

Tahir did not oppose the request for a stay of proceedings till Ekweremadu fully resolve his matter before the London Court but however, vehemently opposed the request for setting aside the forfeiture order.

Justice Ekwo after taking arguments from parties fixed January 25 next year for ruling in the matter.

The Court had on Friday, November 4 ordered interim forfeiture of 40 landed property linked to Ekweremadu in some parts of the country and outside the country.

Justice Ekwo issued the order following an ex -parte motion filed and moved by Ibrahim Buba, lawyer to the EFCC.

The Judge, who granted the motion, ordered the EFCC to publish the interim forfeiture order of the property in a national daily within seven days.

He had directed anybody who has an interest in the forfeited property to indicate within 14 days of the publication of the interim forfeiture order why the property should not be permanently forfeited to the Federal Government.

The affected properties included 10 property in Enugu, three in the United States of America, two in the UK, one in Lagos, nine in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates and 15 located in the Federal Capital Territory.

https://punchng.com/alleged-organ-harvest-efcc-behind-my-travails-ekweremadu/?amp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by SmartPolician: 1:31pm On Dec 15, 2022
Ekweremadu has stolen so much from the system. Yet, he wants to be the governor of Enugu State. I just hope that his confiscated properties will be sold and the proceeds given to Enugu State government. The black man has no conscience.

225 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by Cubalabloo(m): 1:33pm On Dec 15, 2022
Afterall, Buhari and his administration started the blame game, so let it continue.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by bennybuhari: 1:33pm On Dec 15, 2022
Ekwe, na EFCC advise you to use that boy?

139 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by owobokiri(m): 1:35pm On Dec 15, 2022
The nepotistic inbreds at the EFCC headquarters are cleverly trying to use his London situation to hold him down over there while that crook at The EFCC head office sells off his choice estates to pro establishment characters from the north and Niger republic. It may sound wild to you but follow this news item going forward. All they want to do is to use corrupt judges here to seize his heavy landed properties all over the place and redistribute those to their lazy ethnic henchmen.

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by NOC1(m): 1:46pm On Dec 15, 2022
Must you drag EFCC to your self inflicted issue?

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by NOC1(m): 1:49pm On Dec 15, 2022
owobokiri:
The nepotistic inbreds at the EFCC headquarters are cleverly trying to use his London situation to hold him down over there while that crook at The EFCC head office sells off his choice estates to pro establishment characters from the north and Niger republic. It may sound wild to you but follow this news item going forward. All they want to do is to use corrupt judges here to seize his heavy landed properties all over the place and redistribute those to their lazy ethnic henchmen.

Shut up and seek for your welfare, you can't be in chains and be an advocate to those that chained unless you are doing it under duress.

114 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by Racoon(m): 1:49pm On Dec 15, 2022
Mr Ekweremadu please leave the EFCC out of your predicament. The whiteman does not take law based on sentiments.

100 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by duro4chang(m): 1:50pm On Dec 15, 2022
Victim mentality

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by ibechris(m): 1:55pm On Dec 15, 2022
U see how Nigerians stole money to develop abroad.

Nine properties in Dubai.

How can we develop when all the monies are being taken out of the country?

I sorry for Nigeria.

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by Newton2024: 1:57pm On Dec 15, 2022
Tell your story to Tinubu's surpporters, they are the only set of urchins that can believe you. That it was EFCC who asked you to trick an innocent poor guy to UK in order to harvest his organs for your spoilt bleaching daughter.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by BossGerald: 1:59pm On Dec 15, 2022
This one no wan rest..

One of the enemies of the people...go and build international standard hospital in your constituency first. Oloriburuku

Vote wisely

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by citygarden(m): 2:15pm On Dec 15, 2022
This Man just finished his cocaine, what is efcc business with organ harvesting? When they are out of lies, next is speaking rubbish

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by mecuries(m): 2:18pm On Dec 15, 2022
the UK government should hurry up and jail this man......

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by LadyRosa(f): 2:23pm On Dec 15, 2022
owobokiri:

Stop supporting criminals .
I'm an igbo woman, may Ekweremadu spend the rest if his criminal life in jail.

Even our most deadly dieties hates injustice.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by Pakute: 3:17pm On Dec 15, 2022
LadyRosa:

Stop supporting criminals .
I'm an igbo woman, may Ekweremadu spent the rest if his criminal life in jail.

Even our most deadly dieties hates injustice.
You of all people, are you trying to prove that you have sense and ain't worse?
It is the men that are the fall guy whereas it's the greedy women like you standing beside them, egging them on, that are much worse. Back in the days, deadly deities wound have turned a woman like you into a stone or a fowl.

4 Likes

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by DIKEnaWAR: 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2022
Na dem send you to wan thief organ after thieving our resources?

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by MoneySEASON: 6:50pm On Dec 15, 2022

1 Like

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by LiveWithIt: 6:50pm On Dec 15, 2022
Very typical of Igbo ppl. Developers them

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by Sacchi1162(m): 6:51pm On Dec 15, 2022
You do am abi you no do am??

Efcc no do you anything h

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by jamalnation(m): 6:51pm On Dec 15, 2022
This people no dey tire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by BESTScientist1: 6:51pm On Dec 15, 2022
Joker

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by Eriokanmi: 6:51pm On Dec 15, 2022
EFCC abi Karma had come calling? All our greedy, corrupt and unfeeling politicians will meet their comeuppance.

Those who go shit for bodi openly go shit
Those who will pee in disgrace openly, will pee.

Those who will become crippled will be crippled.

Those who will collapse and be rushed abroad will collapse

Those who will enter jail will enter.

None of them will die without being punished here on earth, irrespective of how much they have stolen from the poor....Those who have cheated the poor, stolen their portion and made them cry

Karma isn't wicked oo, its only doing it's normal job.

9 Likes

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by Akfrenzy(m): 6:53pm On Dec 15, 2022
grin Hahahahahah this guy is just a joker

Always pointing fingers up and down

He should go and sort himself out bcuz when he was enjoying none of us benefited , even his constituents

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by Nigerialabalaba: 6:54pm On Dec 15, 2022
He go soon blame villagw people. Nansense and ingredient. No be efcc na nnpc

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by sofiscatedmoron: 6:54pm On Dec 15, 2022
We give u to afonja skull miners

1 Like

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 15, 2022
Not again! A unique characteristic of our compatriots from Eastern Nigeria is the penchant to heap blames which are naturally and reasonably theirs on the other Nigerians. As a father myself I felt for Senator Ekweremadu in his travails, but to blame others for a case that's evidently his is stretching Victimisation and Marginalisation beyond their elasticities.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by Pwettylinda(f): 6:55pm On Dec 15, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: Alleged Organ Harvest: EFCC Behind My Travails – Ekweremadu by DSC7: 6:55pm On Dec 15, 2022
Dem go sha find whom to blame...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Again, Senate Passes Vote Of Confidence On Saraki. Leadership. / Rivers Rerun: Corps Member's Experience As INEC Worker / Dr Bukola Saraki Has emerged the new Opposition Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.