Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,664 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian (4255 Views)

Japa: Man Fervently Prays On His Nigerian Passport For U.S Visa, Others (Video) / JAPA: Man Prays On His Nigerian Passport For US & Canadian Visa (VID) / Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by sukkot: 9:29pm On Dec 19, 2022
Gerrard59:
Anyone who does not know this is a profound ignoramus, no ifs or buts. Those who know it but intentionally dissuade or discourage others from doing it are wicked and barbaric. There are many of them here, from Redsun (who has been in the UK for donkey years) to Sukkot (who is a British citizen) to 1Sharon (another British citizen) to my favourite - Dasparrow - a woman who loathes Nigerians and in particular Nigerian men. Hers is even crueller as she relocated from the west to Nigeria, hated what she experienced and fled to a no-name country in Central America. What does she do on Nairaland? Internet Witchcraft! She dissuades and tells young and ambitious Nigerians not to relocate abroad. What she does not say is that she has not let go of her European citizenship. Another one is EgunMogajji, who is an American citizen and a proud serial divorcee that stays somewhere in Ibadan and married a 20-something year lady. He constantly preaches that you should not bother having a second passport, but he has one and even his first daughter studies at Stanford as an American citizen. What about Nairaland's richest brostitute? Seatrade, who with his previous moniker, mocked diasporans only for him to create a thread disguising that his friend wants to know how to obtain American citizenship. https://www.nairaland.com/6742025/citizenship-investment-canada-usa#105611566 No wonder he is lurking around Covenant University or Babcock to grab a girl from an upper-middle-class family (hoping that she is a dual citizen), even though his character befits women from IMSU or Oko Polytechnic.

Additionally, THERE IS NO NIGERIAN ELITE WHO DOES NOT HAVE A SECOND CITIZENSHIP OR CHILDREN ARE PREPPED TO OBTAIN ONE Apart from skit makers who are new in the game, no notable comedian's wife birthed in Nigeria. ALL gave birth in the US, thereby making their children Americans. The same applies to musicians. It is the reason I am pissed when wicked misfits constantly vagabond this section opening their smelly mouth waaaaaa chanting that young people should not japa. You mean like Akin Alabi who hustled in the UK? Don Jazzy, who did the same? DBanj, whose dad is an ex-military officer that did the same? Mike Adenuga, who rode taxi in the US? What about Banky W whose mom worked in ExxonMobil, gave birth to him in the US and he studied at Corona Schools, the same school Osibanjo studied? Only for him to come and lie that his parents struggled, which is why they rented a flat in Yaba during the '70s. You mean the same Yaba that was home to the then middle class? shocked Or him being a Nigerian-American married to Adesuwa, a British-Nigerian? Or his friend, the pilot, a Canadian-Nigerian who is married to Toolz, daughter of the Oniru of Lekki, who is a British-Nigerian? Or her friend Stephanie Coker, a British-Nigerian, who is married to the younger brother of the co-founder of GTB, who too is a British-Nigerian? Or Mo Abudu who is a American/British-Nigerian and son studied at Duke University? Or her erstwhile employee presenter Zainab Balogun, another British-Nigerian who married an American-Nigerian? Or the other erstwhile employee I used to crush on - Cynthia Kamalu, who married a Nigerian-American? Or Iyin Aboyeji, whose wife is an American citizen, and father worked at ExxonMobil and whose sister studied in the UK? Or Hakeem-Bello, whose daughter studied at Harvard and Stanford and ALL members of his family are dual nationals between the UK and US? Or Nnamdi Kanu who is a British-Nigerian? Or Sunday Igboho who is a German citizen or Sowore who is an American citizen?

C'mon!

There is no Nigerian elite, dead or alive, that does not or did not have a second passport to ease travel whether for leisure or business or academic-related events. I have stated it recently that visa free access is hinged on wealth not race. The reason the olodos on Twitter think it is race is that sub-Saharan Africa is home to the largest number of black people, and as a result, many black Africans are denied visas. Even at that, citizens from countries like Namibia, Botswana, South Africa and even far-flung black-dominated places like Bahamas, Bermuda and Barbados don't face similar scrutiny as their contemporaries in sub-Saharan Africa. Have you seen African Americans complained that they were denied visas because of their skin colour? Are they not black people too? But woke olodos on Twitter don't understand simple economics, the reason they spend time chanting and whining that bOrDeRs ArE rAcIsT. As if they would offer unfettered access to a poor black stranger instead of Elon Musk. Except you want to have hope that sub-Saharan countries would be as rich as Malaysia before her citizens begin to enjoy visa-free travel.

As for returning to Nigeria, trust me, many would return. One reason many would return is the weather. The new wave of emigres lived in the tropics for at least 25 years, so it won't be easy to adjust to temperate climates. My friend in Canada complains about the same thing. She told me clearly "once I attain citizenship status and the passport, G59, I am out of this place". Again, the vast majority of Nigerian elites once worked or studied abroad. From Tayo who is Paga CEO (has American citizenship) to Segun Agbaje who also studied and worked in the US to Emi Lokan and many many others. What about Okechukwu Enelamah who studied Medicine at UNN and did his MBA at Harvard? He co-founded African Capital Alliance, Nigeria's first private equity firm. Ibe Kachikwu nko? Studied Law at UNN and went to Harvard for his MSc and PhD? There is even one I used to admire who studied at Cambridge University and started his consulting business in Lagos. He, too, just like his contemporaries, is a British-Nigerian. One might say Northern elites don't do the same. That is a very big fat lie! Which child of any Northern elite studied in Nigeria? Sanusi's children studied in the UK ditto for El-Rufai's. What about Buhari? He claimed to be poor before the 2015 elections. However, ALL his children studied in the UK. Do poor people's children study in the UK? Esp when they did not attend top schools that have lot of scholarships to offer? Let's not even go to the south, where Amaechi's son is in Canada or Okorocha's son who finished from University of Manchester?

The effects of having a second and, most importantly, a strong passport cannot be over-emphasised. To buttress it, before 2010, Nigerians could travel to 76 countries without obtaining a visa. Ten years later, it plunged to 46. What do the next ten years hold? DrCheif on Twitter narrated his experience when he visited one African country. Upon the usual show me your passport, he showed the official a Nigerian passport. Even though it is visa-free for Nigerians (e fit don change sef), the official dilly-dallied. As time was going, Cheif brought out his American passport and showed the official. What did the official say? "You should have brought this out in the first place". Today, Cheif stays in Ghana. I have met a Belgian-Swiss missionary who has only applied for visa once and that was when she visited Benin Republic. She was confused about how to apply for a visa because prior to that, she had never done it. Also, the woman who owned the travel agency I bought my ticket through has travelled to over 80 countries, including places where black people are very few. Her parents migrated to study in the US, gave birth to her and siblings and returned to Nigeria. Today, all her siblings are American citizens and ditto their children. But she stays in Nigeria because she likes it there. No harm feelings. However, unlike the witches and wizards here, she encourages young people to do the same and take advantage of the opportunities. In life, always seek for more options as those with options have more opportunities. There are even foreign politicians that are tri-nationals.

Also, the aspect of entrepreneurship sef. Except for very few folks who are mostly in tech (most studied in top schools or had rich backgrounds), the most successful entrepreneurs started their businesses after working for some years. It is only in Nigeria I have read that young graduates should start their businesses even if it is POS or cyber-cafe or selling 1kg of gas. Elsewhere, young people work in companies (co)-founded by people who have worked and honed their skills elsewhere. That is how it is done. While there, you gain expertise, knowledge and network. You can decide to return to Nigeria, nobody will stop you. The Paga CEO did it after studying at two top universities, the most recent being Stanford for his MBA. PayStack folks worked for almost ten years before setting up theirs. But the online miscreants in the programming section believe anyone who knows how to type "Hello Word" should open a tech firm to create the next fAcEbOoK. Bloody olodos! Nevertheless, very few people will become entrepreneurs as there are more employees everywhere than employers, regardless of what the ignoramuses who learnt elementary economics by standing near the windows during their SS1-SS3 stages parrot. So, in the nearest future, many of your bosses will be those who did Express Entry or submitted Proof of Funds.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by logik29(m): 11:08pm On Dec 19, 2022
@gerard59

Nice input boss

You forgot to mention another online wizard which is originalsly and dru23

dru23 lives in the US, flaunts henessy and a good life he lives but actively discourages anyone from japa and even learning an IT skill to be prepared for japa.

His reasons are racism and that he can't work two jobs just to give all the earning back to white men in the name of tax lol... so he's telling everyone not to learn a tech or med skill or work two jobs so as to earn high

....very wicked fellow I must say...
Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:10pm On Dec 19, 2022
logik29:
@gerard59

Nice input boss

You forgot to mention another online wizard which is originalsly

Originalsly lives in the US, flaunts henessy and a good life he lives but actively discourages anyone from japa and even learning an IT skill to be prepared for japa.

His reasons are racism and that he can't work two jobs just to give all the earning back to white men in the name of tax lol... so he's telling everyone not to learn a tech or med skill or work two jobs so as to earn high

Funny enough he japaed to the USA using a tourist visa o grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by logik29(m): 12:01am On Dec 20, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Funny enough he japaed to the USA using a tourist visa o grin grin grin

Nawa o

Can you imagine...

People wicked o

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by Originalsly: 12:38am On Dec 20, 2022
logik29:
@gerard59

Nice input boss

Originalsly lives in the US, flaunts henessy and a good life he lives but actively discourages anyone from japa and even learning an IT skill to be prepared for japa.

I never suspected you were a busy body.... quote where I ever discouraged anyone from learning a skill before going abroad. Quote where I ever discouraged anyone from going abroad legally ... or doing research and making solid preparations before doing so otherwise. What did I flaunt that made you conclude I live a good life? .... Hennessey?... I don't even drink. I can only imagine if you were a female and some random guy flash you a pix of Hennessey the kind of female you would be.... but I also know some guys think the same... just saying. Or was it my 2004 Big Daddy with 260K miles .... my only possession anyone on SM knows about made you conclude I'm living the good life? It is not good to be poor ... having little or no worldly possessions but it is ten times worse to be mentally poor or an ignoramus.

@ topic ... anyone who says one should not get more than one passport would sound foolish defending that statement. If someone has two passports.... Passport A may make it easier for him to enter a country than his Passport B and vice versa. If one has a US Passport and a Nigerian Passport .... traveling to let's say Singapore . If he uses the US Passport.... no hassle entry. If he uses the Nigerian Passport... Room 106.... interrogation. Destination Russia.... US passport presented.... Room 106 Express. Nigerian Passport presented.... questioning and released.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by logik29(m): 1:06am On Dec 20, 2022
Originalsly:

I never suspected you were a busy body.... quote where I ever discouraged anyone from learning a skill before going abroad. Quote where I ever discouraged anyone from going abroad legally ... or doing research and making solid preparations before doing so otherwise. What did I flaunt that made you conclude I live a good life? .... Hennessey?... I don't even drink. I can only imagine if you were a female and some random guy flash you a pix of Hennessey the kind of female you would be.... but I also know some guys think the same... just saying. Or was it my 2004 Big Daddy with 260K miles .... my only possession anyone on SM knows about made you conclude I'm living the good life? It is not good to be poor ... having little or no worldly possessions but it is ten times worse to be mentally poor or an ignoramus.

@ topic ... anyone who says one should not get more than one passport would sound foolish defending that statement. If someone has two passports.... Passport A may make it easier for him to enter a country than his Passport B and vice versa. If one has a US Passport and a Nigerian Passport .... traveling to let's say Singapore . If he uses the US Passport.... no hassle entry. If he uses the Nigerian Passport... Room 106.... interrogation. Destination Russia.... US passport presented.... Room 106 Express. Nigerian Passport presented.... questioning and released.
my bad its dru23, your colleague I was referring to that discourages people from earning well while he flaunts good life.

sorry sir for the wrong allegation but nevertheless i've come across your several posts discouraging people from japa
Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by lionlee216(m): 1:16am On Dec 20, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by TWoods(m): 2:02am On Dec 20, 2022
logik29:
@gerard59

Nice input boss

Isn’t that the Originalsly who supposedly got a visa to “visit” NY and never left? grin Smart guy but his thread always gives me a chuckle anytime i remember it.

3 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by Gerrard59(m): 5:16am On Dec 20, 2022
Treadway:
at the italicized, aside maybe Iyin Aboyeji and Paga, who else in this long list you surmised came back to become a boss?? Ezra didn't have to use express entry to be successful today, just as Toolz and Tunde Demuren are from privileged households and would have money whether in Naija or Poughkeepsie. Examples like Dbanj and Donjazzy and many of the other you reeled out even further hurt this your point If you wanna get passports to travel and all what not, your choice, all well and good, but let's keep it at that. Boss mindset aint made overseas, you either have it or you don't.

Most of those middle aged japa people that have come back now, how many you know of that are bosses? Traveling abroad for whatever reason/purpose and being a 'boss' in the way I think you meant it, are very mutually exclusive. No need riveting them together.

My point is, people would always migrate as long as the economic reason makes sense for them to do it. They can decide to return or not. This your boss mindset is your personal opinion. Some people are not interested in being entrepreneurs, earn well, and that is enough. I have stated in the last sentence that many would be employees, not employers. This belief that everyone must be an entrepreneur is the reason POS stalls outnumber hospitals in Nigeria. Why? cReAtE a bUsInEsS. I was part of the interview coaching assessment where a man in his mid-30s came for prep to be interviewed at Sahara Group. This man studied at one of the federal universities in the South West and did his MSc and PhD at the University of Georgia. To you, since he is returning to Nigeria, he must start his own energy company. That is not how it is done elsewhere. There will always be more employees than employers. Even the Sahara Group sef was co-founded by a man - Tonye Cole - who japa'd to Brazil to do his MSc in Architecture even though his dad was a one-time ambassador.

BTW, middle age people that came back? The man I mentioned who studied at Cambridge returned and started his business. Others decided to work in Nigerian companies either as expats or Nigerian nationals. Every mallam to his kettle. About Ezra and Shola, they honed their skills and made it. However, their contemporaries are also leaving so that they attain those citizenships and currently work in top firms in the abroad. It is their choice to remain there or not. Whether they become boss or not is their personal problem. Ezra and Shola as they are can decide to buy Grendaian citizenship as they have the money (https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2020/12/10/wealthy-nigerians-buying-citizenship-overseas), but should the next Tom and Harry wait till they blow? Again, Ezra and Shola are entrepreneurs who made it, but what about the numerous others who will be employees? Should they not utilise the opportunity when it is available? Without sounding like a broken record, many will return, give it time. Unless you want to propose a bill prohibiting diasporans from returning to Nigeria. But hey, that bill has to pass through Mr Femi of the HoR, who once studied and worked in the US. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by Gerrard59(m): 5:21am On Dec 20, 2022
logik29:
@gerard59

Nice input boss

You forgot to mention another online wizard which is originalsly and dru23

dru23 lives in the US, flaunts henessy and a good life he lives but actively discourages anyone from japa and even learning an IT skill to be prepared for japa.

I knew there are many witches, but it was midnight at the time I typed my response. As for the bold, he fled using a tourist visa. I had posted a screenshot of where he narrated his journey.

That is what they do - online witchcraft and sorcery.

Demons who manage to have access to the Internet.

Young and ambitious Nairalanders should steer clear of them. They are cruel, heartless, terribly wicked and vicious. If you see them and a snake, run away from them as 92% of snakes are non-venomous.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by Spandau: 5:37am On Dec 20, 2022
[quote author=sukkot post=119282619][/quote]

Serious gbasgbos
Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by Gerrard59(m): 6:05am On Dec 20, 2022
Raalsalghul:
Gerrard.59, you too smart. Solid take on the whole issue.

Meanwhile, you forgot to add our one and only egbon Munamoqel

Apparently, there are too many. Ednut1 already exposed him. Honestly, if I were in Nigeria, I would be extremely glad people are leaving the country. It is an opportunity to amass many assets at low prices. You think I would create threads discouraging people from relocating? Me that is a ruthless capitalist? shocked grin grin grin

BTW, his ally of him with something oilandgas tried Express Entry, did not succeed and thus, became anti-japa. They should make their money quietly and purchase any citizenship of their choice. if they want.

All of us go jam for front.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by sukkot: 6:11am On Dec 20, 2022
Spandau:

Serious gbasgbos
bros i weak ooo grin

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by ednut1(m): 9:31am On Dec 20, 2022
Gerrard59:

Apparently , there are too many. Ednut1 already exposed him. Honestly, if I were in Nigeria, I would be extremely glad people are leaving the country. It is an opportunity to amass many assets at low prices. You think I would create threads discouraging people from relocating? Me that is a ruthless capitalist? shocked grin grin grin

BTW, his ally of him with something oilandgas tried Express Entry, did not succeed and thus, became anti-japa. They should make their money quietly and purchase any citizenship of their choice. if they want.

All of us go jam for front.
Those guys are clowns lol . Second passport is necessary if the opportunity comes abeg grab am.

4 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by gforce5: 10:36am On Dec 20, 2022
This man here has said it all. Nuff said. He has summarized the hypocritical nature of Nigerians. Many diasporians who have second passports don't want other Nigerians to have to same opportunities as them. They want to be the only ones with options. If they are so patriotic, why not renounce their citizenship and use their Nigerian passport only?? The same problem with the Nigerian 'elite'. Most of their kids were born abroad,studied abroad and reside abroad. Zaria Buhari did not give birth to any of her children in Nigeria. That should tell you something.Non of Osinbanjo's kids studied in this country. Both the Senate President and Speaker of the House of Assembly have second passports. The Adeleke clan have American passports courtesy of them studying and working there. Okocha, Kanu and half of the old guard of Nigerian footballers have second passports.

Any one who preaches that you should focus on just making money in Nigeria and not consider options is a bloody liar, hypocrite, delusional and anti-progress. Young people need to open their eyes. The value of that green passport gets worse and worse as each year passes. With the way things are, Nigerians may only have visa access to West African countries by the next decade. A second passport puts you among the elite in this country. The elites know this hence why they are discouraging many Nigerians from getting one.

Gerrard59:
Anyone who does not know this is a profound ignoramus, no ifs or buts. Those who know it but intentionally dissuade or discourage others from doing it are wicked and barbaric. There are many of them here, from Redsun (who has been in the UK for donkey years) to Sukkot (who is a British citizen) to 1Sharon (another British citizen) to my favourite - Dasparrow - a woman who loathes Nigerians and in particular Nigerian men. Hers is even crueller as she relocated from the west to Nigeria, hated what she experienced and fled to a no-name country in Central America. What does she do on Nairaland? Internet Witchcraft! She dissuades and tells young and ambitious Nigerians not to relocate abroad. What she does not say is that she has not let go of her European citizenship. Another one is EgunMogajji, who is an American citizen and a proud serial divorcee that stays somewhere in Ibadan and married a 20-something year lady. He constantly preaches that you should not bother having a second passport, but he has one and even his first daughter studies at Stanford as an American citizen. What about Nairaland's richest brostitute? Seatrade, who with his previous moniker, mocked diasporans only for him to create a thread disguising that his friend wants to know how to obtain American citizenship. https://www.nairaland.com/6742025/citizenship-investment-canada-usa#105611566 No wonder he is lurking around Covenant University or Babcock to grab a girl from an upper-middle-class family (hoping that she is a dual citizen), even though his character befits women from IMSU or Oko Polytechnic.

Additionally, THERE IS NO NIGERIAN ELITE WHO DOES NOT HAVE A SECOND CITIZENSHIP OR CHILDREN ARE PREPPED TO OBTAIN ONE Apart from skit makers who are new in the game, no notable comedian's wife birthed in Nigeria. ALL gave birth in the US, thereby making their children Americans. The same applies to musicians. It is the reason I am pissed when wicked misfits constantly vagabond this section opening their smelly mouth waaaaaa chanting that young people should not japa. You mean like Akin Alabi who hustled in the UK? Don Jazzy, who did the same? DBanj, whose dad is an ex-military officer that did the same? Mike Adenuga, who rode taxi in the US? What about Banky W whose mom worked in ExxonMobil, gave birth to him in the US and he studied at Corona Schools, the same school Osibanjo studied? Only for him to come and lie that his parents struggled, which is why they rented a flat in Yaba during the '70s. You mean the same Yaba that was home to the then middle class? shocked Or him being a Nigerian-American married to Adesuwa, a British-Nigerian? Or his friend, the pilot, a Canadian-Nigerian who is married to Toolz, daughter of the Oniru of Lekki, who is a British-Nigerian? Or her friend Stephanie Coker, a British-Nigerian, who is married to the younger brother of the co-founder of GTB, who too is a British-Nigerian? Or Mo Abudu who is a American/British-Nigerian and son studied at Duke University? Or her erstwhile employee presenter Zainab Balogun, another British-Nigerian who married an American-Nigerian? Or the other erstwhile employee I used to crush on - Cynthia Kamalu, who married a Nigerian-American? Or Iyin Aboyeji, whose wife is an American citizen, and father worked at ExxonMobil and whose sister studied in the UK? Or Hakeem-Bello, whose daughter studied at Harvard and Stanford and ALL members of his family are dual nationals between the UK and US? Or Nnamdi Kanu who is a British-Nigerian? Or Sunday Igboho who is a German citizen or Sowore who is an American citizen?

C'mon!

There is no Nigerian elite, dead or alive, that does not or did not have a second passport to ease travel whether for leisure or business or academic-related events. I have stated it recently that visa free access is hinged on wealth not race. The reason the olodos on Twitter think it is race is that sub-Saharan Africa is home to the largest number of black people, and as a result, many black Africans are denied visas. Even at that, citizens from countries like Namibia, Botswana, South Africa and even far-flung black-dominated places like Bahamas, Bermuda and Barbados don't face similar scrutiny as their contemporaries in sub-Saharan Africa. Have you seen African Americans complained that they were denied visas because of their skin colour? Are they not black people too? But woke olodos on Twitter don't understand simple economics, the reason they spend time chanting and whining that bOrDeRs ArE rAcIsT. As if they would offer unfettered access to a poor black stranger instead of Elon Musk. Except you want to have hope that sub-Saharan countries would be as rich as Malaysia before her citizens begin to enjoy visa-free travel.

As for returning to Nigeria, trust me, many would return. One reason many would return is the weather. The new wave of emigres lived in the tropics for at least 25 years, so it won't be easy to adjust to temperate climates. My friend in Canada complains about the same thing. She told me clearly "once I attain citizenship status and the passport, G59, I am out of this place". Again, the vast majority of Nigerian elites once worked or studied abroad. From Tayo who is Paga CEO (has American citizenship) to Segun Agbaje who also studied and worked in the US to Emi Lokan and many many others. What about Okechukwu Enelamah who studied Medicine at UNN and did his MBA at Harvard? He co-founded African Capital Alliance, Nigeria's first private equity firm. Ibe Kachikwu nko? Studied Law at UNN and went to Harvard for his MSc and PhD? There is even one I used to admire who studied at Cambridge University and started his consulting business in Lagos. He, too, just like his contemporaries, is a British-Nigerian. One might say Northern elites don't do the same. That is a very big fat lie! Which child of any Northern elite studied in Nigeria? Sanusi's children studied in the UK ditto for El-Rufai's. What about Buhari? He claimed to be poor before the 2015 elections. However, ALL his children studied in the UK. Do poor people's children study in the UK? Esp when they did not attend top schools that have lot of scholarships to offer? Let's not even go to the south, where Amaechi's son is in Canada or Okorocha's son who finished from University of Manchester?

The effects of having a second and, most importantly, a strong passport cannot be over-emphasised. To buttress it, before 2010, Nigerians could travel to 76 countries without obtaining a visa. Ten years later, it plunged to 46. What do the next ten years hold? DrCheif on Twitter narrated his experience when he visited one African country. Upon the usual show me your passport, he showed the official a Nigerian passport. Even though it is visa-free for Nigerians (e fit don change sef), the official dilly-dallied. As time was going, Cheif brought out his American passport and showed the official. What did the official say? "You should have brought this out in the first place". Today, Cheif stays in Ghana. I have met a Belgian-Swiss missionary who has only applied for visa once and that was when she visited Benin Republic. She was confused about how to apply for a visa because prior to that, she had never done it. Also, the woman who owned the travel agency I bought my ticket through has travelled to over 80 countries, including places where black people are very few. Her parents migrated to study in the US, gave birth to her and siblings and returned to Nigeria. Today, all her siblings are American citizens and ditto their children. But she stays in Nigeria because she likes it there. No harm feelings. However, unlike the witches and wizards here, she encourages young people to do the same and take advantage of the opportunities. In life, always seek for more options as those with options have more opportunities. There are even foreign politicians that are tri-nationals.

Also, the aspect of entrepreneurship sef. Except for very few folks who are mostly in tech (most studied in top schools or had rich backgrounds), the most successful entrepreneurs started their businesses after working for some years. It is only in Nigeria I have read that young graduates should start their businesses even if it is POS or cyber-cafe or selling 1kg of gas. Elsewhere, young people work in companies (co)-founded by people who have worked and honed their skills elsewhere. That is how it is done. While there, you gain expertise, knowledge and network. You can decide to return to Nigeria, nobody will stop you. The Paga CEO did it after studying at two top universities, the most recent being Stanford for his MBA. PayStack folks worked for almost ten years before setting up theirs. But the online miscreants in the programming section believe anyone who knows how to type "Hello Word" should open a tech firm to create the next fAcEbOoK. Bloody olodos! Nevertheless, very few people will become entrepreneurs as there are more employees everywhere than employers, regardless of what the ignoramuses who learnt elementary economics by standing near the windows during their SS1-SS3 stages parrot. So, in the nearest future, many of your bosses will be those who did Express Entry or submitted Proof of Funds.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by shegzhkn: 11:06am On Dec 20, 2022
gforce5:
Dear young Nigerians aged 35 and below, I cannot stress the importance of acquiring a second passport from a functional society. In this era of globalization and technology, the freedom to travel without any restriction cannot be overestimated. It doesn't mean that you have to abandon Nigeria totally for another country. It's about having options to make life easier for you. Nigerians often brag that all you need is money and everything else falls in line. That's not totally true. Yes, money helps make life easier but it's not enough. The way foreign countries are treating Nigerian passport holders this days, money is immaterial. They don't rate your money at all. Even Dangote himself, the richest black man in the world, complained a few years ago that with all his money, he needs a visa to travel everywhere within his own continent.

Benefits of dual nationality: With a second passport, you have visa-free access to most countries in the world. No more queuing a foreign embassies and thereby subjecting yourself to rubbish. Being a dual national means that you have an option. A plan B if you like, in case you are fed up with the situation in Nigeria. That backup plan is very important with the state of the country. You can also transfer citizenship to your children and grandchildren thereby ensuring that your descendants future is secured. They will be very grateful for what you have done for them. Many parents in the 70s and 80s didn't take advantage of those opportunities and they are now regretting their actions. Having a second passport is also good for business and career advancement as you can travel anywhere for business, conferences and job opportunities without restrictions.

So, young people, if you have the opportunity, try and acquire a second passport either by JAPA or investing a significant amount of money to get one. Don't listen to people telling you to just focus on making and spending money in Nigeria. These people are short-sighted and are unable to see the big picture. There's a reason why a lot of the 1% are now acquiring second passports from countries such as St Kitts. Most politicians have second passports. You think they are fools? Saraki will never relinquish his British passport in the name of patriotism. Do you think that Ben Bruce Mr. "grow the naira" would renounce his US citizenship for Nigeria? Many rich people envy those with dual nationality as they don't have the same limitations as those without one have.

If I am not mistaken you are referring to the EB5 visa, it is now 900k USD and also I doubt MC oluomo has that kind of money no matter how you want to spin this thing.
Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by shegzhkn: 11:09am On Dec 20, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Na wa o. So which Nigerian political leader or captain of industry has just a Nigerian passport. Even in tech, all the tech founders of the hottest Nigerian startups all have foreign citizenship or permanent residency. The ones who don't have married foreign citizens. All the top tech bros who just had kids gave birth to their kids in the USA. Is it that only me believes in Nigeria ni.

Iyinoluwa you mean ??
Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:17am On Dec 20, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

With such travel history. You can hardly be denied a visa again.

Excuse me sir, please what's the implication of having a rich travel history when it comes to visa application?
Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:24am On Dec 20, 2022
shegzhkn:

Iyinoluwa you mean ??

Na not him another prominent tech person. Iyinoluwa the savior of Nigeria is married to an American citizen which entitles him to a green card and his son was born in Canada which entitles the son to an American and Canadian citizenship.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:24am On Dec 20, 2022
ferhyntorlah:

Excuse me sir, please what's the implication of having a rich travel history when it comes to visa application?

Makes the visa officers look at you at someone Less desperate and likely to return if given a visa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by shegzhkn: 11:27am On Dec 20, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Na not him another prominent tech person. Iyinoluwa the savior of Nigeria is married to an American citizen which entitles him to a green card and his son was born in Canada which entitles the son to an American and Canadian citizenship.

Girl is an American ??, I don't know I just saw his 'co- founder for life tweet' .

Damn
Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:29am On Dec 20, 2022
shegzhkn:

Girl is an American ??, I don't know I just saw his 'co- founder for life tweet' .

Damn

Yeah there was a time he denied not having a green card on Twitter until someone called this out and he deactivated.

4 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by gforce5: 11:43am On Dec 20, 2022
I didn't mention MC Oluomo. Somebody else did. MC is a U.S. citizen. He said it himself. All his kids have American citizenship. How he got it, i don't know.
shegzhkn:

If I am not mistaken you are referring to the EB5 visa, it is now 900k USD and also I doubt MC oluomo has that kind of money no matter how you want to spin this thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 20, 2022
gforce5:
I didn't mention MC Oluomo. Somebody else did. MC is a U.S. citizen. He said it himself. All his kids have American citizenship. How he got it, i don't know.

See the link that explains it all here: https:// twitter.com/ DoubleEph/status/1083676925116248064

He allegedly also has an Irish passport.

Copy it and remove the blanks.
Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 20, 2022
shegzhkn:

He did something like this in 2012. Underrate him at your own peril.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by shegzhkn: 12:37pm On Dec 20, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah there was a time he denied not having a green card on Twitter until someone called this out and he deactivated.

Lol, looking at it logically it inconceivable that he only has a Nigerian Passport with that level of success.
Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:40pm On Dec 20, 2022
shegzhkn:

Lol, looking at it logically it inconceivable that he only has a Nigerian Passport with that level of success.
None of them do. The tech person I know is someone I hold in high esteem and someone that even mentored me into tech. The first time I went to his house, I didn't know that people lived like that in Nigeria. Even in Nigeria they live in very expensive serviced estates. Their neighbors are other wealthy people. Whites, indians and co. They have 24/7 electricity, running water, food, and everything. That one still no do them they still run go get another passport grin grin grin. Na person wey never see clean water drink they go say make he stay lol.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by shegzhkn: 12:41pm On Dec 20, 2022
truthsayer009:

He did something like this in my2012. Underrate him at your own peril.

All just talk - an opinion on Twitter and why the fxck will you need a recommendation letter for the EB5, Lol.
Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by shegzhkn: 12:44pm On Dec 20, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

None of them do. The tech person I know is someone I hold in high esteem and someone that even mentored me into tech. The first time I went to his house, I didn't know that people lived like that in Nigeria. Even in Nigeria they live in very expensive serviced estates. Their neighbors are other wealthy people. Whites, indians and co. They have 24/7 electricity, running water, food, and everything. That one still no do them they still run go get another passport grin grin grin. Na person wey never see clean water drink they go say make he stay lol.

Lol, for real this basic stuffs are things we should be taking for granted here. Life is much bigger than that, even good health care is enough to desire a second passport.
Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:03pm On Dec 20, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Makes the visa officers look at you at someone Less desperate and likely to return if given a visa.

Thanks
Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 20, 2022
shegzhkn:

All just talk - an opinion on Twitter and why the fxck will you need a recommendation letter for the EB5, Lol.

Alright can't be arguing on this issue, all i know is that his daughter is a US citizen & he didn't get it by climbing a tree.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian by shegzhkn: 2:35pm On Dec 20, 2022
truthsayer009:

Alright can't be arguing on this issue, all i know is that his daughter is a US citizen & he didn't get it by climbing a tree.

Lol, ok you win.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flight Attendant Spills Drinks On Airline CEO. See What Happened Next. Photo / 9 Of The Most Polluted Places In The World / Fuoye Travelling Cost From Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.