Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,486 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo (1059 Views)

You Can’t Be Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency, LP Tells Atiku / Atiku Abubakar: I Will Be the Stepping-Stone To Southeast Presidency / 2019 Presidency: Atiku Abubakar Cries, Obtains PDP Nomination Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by ECASH120: 5:13pm On Dec 15, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiTDJMej_W0
(Video of Atiku's visit to Soludo)

The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar on Thursday urged the people of the southeast region to vote for him to pave way for the Igbo presidency.

The former Vice President described himself as the stepping stone to the Igbo presidency. Naija News reports he made the submission in Anambra State while addressing supporters during his party’s presidential campaign in the state. Atiku boasted that he has shown his support for the Igbo presidency by running with an Igbo man on three occasions while seeking the country’s presidency.

He told the people of Anambra that a vote for the Atiku/Okowa ticket in 2023 is a faster route to realizing the dream of an Igbo presidency. He said: “The people of Anambra State, I am sure, you know that I am going to be the stepping stone to an Igbo president in this country.

“I have shown it by my action because this is the third time I am running with an Igbo man. “If you really want to produce the president then vote Atiku/okowa ticket. “So the people of Anambra State, believe me we are not going to forget you, we are going to reward you handsomely.” What I Discussed With Soludo Atiku during the campaign also revealed that the Anambra State Governor, Charles Soludo made some requests from him during their closed-door meeting when he welcomed him and his team to the state.

He revealed that the Governor asked him to look at the Onitsha port, road construction, and erosion control in the state if he emerges the winner of the 2023 presidential election. According to him, Soludo said, “

'‘Make sure you help control our erosion because Anambra State is the erosion headquarters of the world. ‘Erosions are destroying our farmlands, destroying our houses is destroying everything we have.” In response, he promised to do what the Governor requested. “That’s a very very gigantic project. And I promised him I’m just going to do that,” Atiku said he promised.

Read more at Naija News: https://www./2022/12/15/2023-i-am-the-stepping-stone-to-igbo-presidency-atiku-declares/

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44, mukina2, seun

1 Like

Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by SmartPolician: 5:18pm On Dec 15, 2022
Atiku that hasn't been able to save himself is talking about being the stepping stone of an entire tribe.

Huncle, 93 million Nigerians will determine who becomes the next president

6 Likes

Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by Moh247: 5:21pm On Dec 15, 2022
Igbo leaders should give us a serious candidate like Soludo or Umahi and get serious in PDP

Obi can't win anything and that's a fact

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by Gossipninja: 5:22pm On Dec 15, 2022
Moh247:
Igbo leaders should give us a serious candidate like Soludo or Umahi and get serious in PDP

Didn't Umahi contest under APC?

Lmao.. Goal post shifting as usual.

Back to the topic.

Atiku should stop using this word because it pains Igbos the more and Even the 5% he's likely to get, keeps diminishing with that uncouth statement of his.

11 Likes

Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by Moh247: 5:24pm On Dec 15, 2022
Gossipninja:

Didn't Umahi contest under APC?

Lmao.. Goal post shifting as usual

He contested and lost even with Ebonyi delegates all voting Tinubu

Do you want Tinubu not to contest because you guys are weak politically?!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by Praxis758: 5:24pm On Dec 15, 2022
That means either Peter Obi or Soludo will be the two major contenders from the South East extraction when the time comes.
Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by Peterobiisathie(f): 5:25pm On Dec 15, 2022
Obiano is far better than supreme monkey

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by worldTina(f): 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2022
Atiku won't stop amusing me

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by Gossipninja: 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2022
Moh247:

I don't blame you.

Same SE that your shaky shaky god rushed to Campaign and even went for town hall different.

Let's see where your Political strength will lead you guys next year February.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by Gossipninja: 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2022
Peterobiisathie:
Obiano is far better than supreme monkey

Fashola and Ambode are far better than Tinubu.

Where Fashola stands, your urine dispenser will use ladder to climb it.

1 Like

Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by Moh247: 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2022
Gossipninja:

I don't blame you.

Same SE that your shaky shaky god rushed to Campaign and even went for town hall different.

Let's see where your Political strength will lead you guys next year February.

Stop hating and start building bridges of love and tolerance

You guys think hate would win you anything by lies and decieit but you are damn wrong

1 Like

Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by descarado: 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2022
Atiku actually raised his hopes high in igboland. Who is deceiving him?.
Especially anambra. He should have known how an average igbo reason.
If soludo don't take care, he will lose second term cos the goodwill he had before has dwindled.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by descarado: 5:30pm On Dec 15, 2022
SmartPolician:
Atiku that hasn't been able to save himself is talking about being the stepping stone of an entire tribe.

Huncle, 93 million Nigerians will determine who becomes the next president
Very insulting. Such an arrogant fella.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by bluebay(m): 5:49pm On Dec 15, 2022
This fool hoping to pass presidency over to Okowa. Loo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by asanausana91: 5:50pm On Dec 15, 2022
Only intelligent people will understand. If Peter Obi support Atiku and they sent the satanic party out with their Muslim Muslim ticket, then an igbo man has the chance to succeed Atiku but if Tinubu win it will definitely be a northerner after Tinubu 8 years. Therefore, with Atiku as a president igbos will have Atleast 8 years to be President but if Tinubu win then the igbos should just forget about being president of Nigeria.
Election is about calculations not emotion or nzougbu nzougbu politics.

1 Like

Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by Eyesstone(f): 5:51pm On Dec 15, 2022
Atiku that cannot keep to his promise?
Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by yomi961: 5:54pm On Dec 15, 2022
A vote for obi is a vote for tinubu.
Peter obi is working for tinubu and apc demonic agenda
Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by yomi961: 5:57pm On Dec 15, 2022
Eyesstone:
Atiku that cannot keep to his promise?

Structure is key to winning elections. I have heard many Obidients debating over this, but there's no two ways about it, you need concrete structure to win election in Nigeria. Maybe you don't understand what we mean by structure, let me break it down for you. If you have governors, senators and members of the federal house of reps contesting under your platform, you've got a structure. Even so, a party that has this structure in government before now has an edge. This is because they must have had a hold on their followers and can determine where the votes go. Whether we like it or not, PDP and APC have this on ground and may edge LP in that regard. Note that even in the south east, if Peter Obi wins, it means the state governors decided to work against PDP which I don't see them doing so. Working against PDP means ruining their chances. I give you a simple example, in 2015, many PDP parliamentarians from the north asked their followers to vote out Goodluck Jonathan. They taught only Jonathan will be affected but they too were voted out and a lot of them did not return to the national assembly. This is what will happen if PDP gubernatorial candidates/parliamentarians from the south east choose to work against PDP.

Finally, Obidients should note that a vote for an Obi will give an edge to Tinubu because it will reduce Atiku's chances. By not supporting PDP, Obidients are unconsciously brightening Tinubu's chances since the odds are obviously against Peter Obi. Tinubu is having a fill day seeing the crumbling of Atiku's support base. And if he can, he will support the Obidients so as to further meander Atiku's chances so he can emerge winner. Obi was Atiku's VP in 2019, what stop him from being his running mate yet again? An Igbo presidency is better achieved with a PDP than with an APC. Obidients, please shine your eyes!
Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by Gossipninja: 6:09pm On Dec 15, 2022
Moh247:

Stop hating and start building bridges of love and tolerance

You guys think hate would win you anything by lies and decieit but you are damn wrong

Voting for OBJ (Yoruba), Yaradua (Fulani), GEJ(Niger Delta), Atiku (Fulani), isn't bridge building?

You will be alright last las.

But your urine dispenser won't be President.

Know this and have peace
Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by Gossipninja: 6:10pm On Dec 15, 2022
yomi961:
A vote for obi is a vote for tinubu.
Peter obi is working for tinubu and apc demonic agenda

How old are you again?

Stop clowning.

2 Likes

Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by FreedomfromtheT: 6:18pm On Dec 15, 2022
Moh247:

Obi can't win anything and that's a fact
Peter Obi is your next president. The opinion polls say so. The words on the street say so. Your structure or rigging pans cannot stop him. That is why you are so obsessed with him. Don't worry, after his 8 years' tenure, your region should provide us with a serious candidate to consider. Thanks.
Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by Amumaigwe: 6:25pm On Dec 15, 2022
asanausana91:
Only intelligent people will understand. If Peter Obi support Atiku and they sent the satanic party out with their Muslim Muslim ticket, then an igbo man has the chance to succeed Atiku but if Tinubu win it will definitely be a northerner after Tinubu 8 years. Therefore, with Atiku as a president igbos will have Atleast 8 years to be President but if Tinubu win then the igbos should just forget about being president of Nigeria.
Election is about calculations not emotion or nzougbu nzougbu politics.

You are very foolish. Buhari sold the same dummy to the likes of Orji Kalu, Umahi et al to win substantial Igbo votes in 2019 and we're summarily disappointed after coughing out 100m. Now after 8 full years, another Fulani is selling the same dummy, but right now from another party currently populated by those who were in APC when Buhari made that promise. When Atiku wins and is done with his 8 years rule, the current northerners in PDP will go back to APC and bring out another Fulani that will sell the same dummy in 2031 and some idiots like you will dangle it hoping that some equally dimwit Igbos will buy it.

We don't want any stepping stone. Let all the candidates lurk their horns and let the electorate cast their votes and live with the consequences of our choices.

4 Likes

Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by asanausana91: 6:31pm On Dec 15, 2022
Amumaigwe:

You are very foolish. Buhari sold the same dummy to the likes of Orji Kalu, Umahi et al to win substantial Igbo votes in 2019 and we're summarily disappointed after coughing out 100m. Now after 8 full years, another Fulani is selling the same dummy, but right now from another party currently populated by those who were in APC when Buhari made that promise. When Atiku wins and is done with his 8 years rule, the current northerners in PDP will go back to APC and bring out another Fulani that will sell the same dummy in 2031 and some idiots like you will dangle it hoping that some equally dimwit Igbos will buy it.

We don't want any stepping stone. Let all the candidates lurk their horns and let the electorate cast their votes and live with the consequences of our choices.
I will not indulge in your childish reaction.
Buhari never, I mean never promise that to orji kalu nor Umahi
Secondly, igbos didn't vote for Buhari
Thirdly ,2011 northers voted for GEJ even when it was not Southerners turn.

1 Like

Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by Gjrich(m): 6:37pm On Dec 15, 2022
yomi961:

Structure is key to winning elections. I have heard many Obidients debating over this, but there's no two ways about it, you need concrete structure to win election in Nigeria. Maybe you don't understand what we mean by structure, let me break it down for you. If you have governors, senators and members of the federal house of reps contesting under your platform, you've got a structure. Even so, a party that has this structure in government before now has an edge. This is because they must have had a hold on their followers and can determine where the votes go. Whether we like it or not, PDP and APC have this on ground and may edge LP in that regard. Note that even in the south east, if Peter Obi wins, it means the state governors decided to work against PDP which I don't see them doing so. Working against PDP means ruining their chances. I give you a simple example, in 2015, many PDP parliamentarians from the north asked their followers to vote out Goodluck Jonathan. They taught only Jonathan will be affected but they too were voted out and a lot of them did not return to the national assembly. This is what will happen if PDP gubernatorial candidates/parliamentarians from the south east choose to work against PDP.

Finally, Obidients should note that a vote for an Obi will give an edge to Tinubu because it will reduce Atiku's chances. By not supporting PDP, Obidients are unconsciously brightening Tinubu's chances since the odds are obviously against Peter Obi. Tinubu is having a fill day seeing the crumbling of Atiku's support base. And if he can, he will support the Obidients so as to further meander Atiku's chances so he can emerge winner. Obi was Atiku's VP in 2019, what stop him from being his running mate yet again? An Igbo presidency is better achieved with a PDP than with an APC. Obidients, please shine your eyes!

You be mumu
Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by Ogbuefi2020: 6:42pm On Dec 15, 2022
There I nothing like Igbos presidency. The clueless Igbo politicians waiting for Igbo presidency will wait forever while they are being played. Peter Obi is not contesting on Igbo presidency, he is telling Nigerians what he has to offer and Nigerians will vote for him

4 Likes

Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by Ojiofor: 6:47pm On Dec 15, 2022
We want Peter Obi presidency next year not Igbo presidency after Atiku.

3 Likes

Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by Think9ja(m): 8:03pm On Dec 15, 2022
Atiku I know

Obi is a political nonentity who lies with reckless abandon

Tinubu is a sick, old fraudster

Vote Atiku
Vote PDP

1 Like

Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by stanluiz(m): 8:13pm On Dec 15, 2022
Mr Atiku. If you support Peter obi will heaven fall ?

You Atiku a Northerner want to replace Buhari another Northerner. It is not fair. It is Injustice.

Allow us to vote for Labour party Peter obi since PDP can't reward Support and loyalty South East gave them for 23 years by Zoning their presidential ticket to the South East instead they prefer to throw the ticket open.
Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by stanluiz(m): 8:21pm On Dec 15, 2022
See how Soludo is smiling. Now I see the reason why he write such provoking essay against Peter obi. Peter obi should not trust him.

He is hoping for Atiku to win so that he will decamp to PDP and then contest under Igbo presidency in 2031.

That why he see Peter obi as a threat and stumbling block to his ambition.
Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by Greatkenny2: 8:45pm On Dec 15, 2022
Moh247:

you said igbos should bring umahi if they’re serious, and he reminded you that umahi contested APC primaries but you and your inks didn’t vote for him… if he had won the APC primaries you and your fellow Yoruba moslems wouldn’t have still voted for him….. so stop shifting the goal post
Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by Jnkay: 9:25pm On Dec 15, 2022
Now the truth has been revealed. Atiku is fooling Soludo. He promised him this so Solo thinks Atiku will make him Igbo president for this Solo is working against Peter Obi.
Re: I Am The Stepping Stone For Igbo Presidency - Atiku Tells Soludo by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 15, 2022
Two fools fooling themselves..kilo n je Igbo presidency?

Peter Obi is for the whole Nigeria and not a tribal president

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oppositions Cry Foul As Tinubu Said " Emilokan" again in Benue / Prepare For ‘bring Back Our Old Notes’ Protest —group / Why Has Emefiele Not Been Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.