Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,958 members, 7,828,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? (1374 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? / Canada Desperate To Stop Nigerians From Coming To The Country-SR / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by realogk: 8:51pm On Dec 15, 2022
See, I barely open threads , but I've been thinking about this. Lol

You go hustle, look for money to japa, do interview and all, only to reach yankee and start telling people to stay back in Nigeria grin , why your own papa no stay back?

I've studied this trend, 85% of Japa people in USA and Canada do this sh1t.

You'd see them posting pictures in the snow with captions like : DO YOU STILL WANT TO COME HERE?

Just to discourage people lmao

And I'm sorry to say, Yoruba people are fond of it.
( before you yab me, I'm a Yoruba guy myself)

You dey enjoy good light, good road, good government, good security, good money ( even though you'd work hard n pay tax) . .like life there is good, but for some reason, you no want make your suffering brothers for Nigeria enjoy the benefits cheesy

Eti shiere!

4 Likes

Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by kelvine(m): 8:55pm On Dec 15, 2022
Truth is if you are doing well in Nigeria, you should only travel for vacation or further studies.
Going there as a professional is also fantastic.
Travelling with a purpose is the main issue.

Many people abroad may also want to discourage you because they simply don't want to help you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by mariahAngel(f): 8:59pm On Dec 15, 2022
You go hustle, look for money to japa, do interview and all, only to reach yankee and start telling people to stay back in Nigeria grin , why your own papa no stay back?

LWKMD! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by phorget(m): 9:10pm On Dec 15, 2022
Nah all of us go japa las-las.

2 Likes

Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by realogk: 9:22pm On Dec 15, 2022
kelvine:
Truth is if you are doing well in Nigeria, you should only travel for vacation or further studies.
Going there as a professional is also fantastic.
Travelling with a purpose is the main issue.

Many people abroad may also want to discourage you because they simply don't want to help you.

grin imagine earning 10k per month (pls this isn't tomtom and baba blue story) , I know people pay tax and all, but the werey wey dey earn 10k per month go tell you say " BROS THINGS HARD O, I DEY PAY BILLS, OMO I WISH SAY NA NIGERIA I DEY O, I DEY ENVY YOU O" ....

You go dey wonder say, Ah shey eleyi o ya werey sha, person wey dey beg to eat every week before he traveled out cheesy

Walai Yoruba Japa people dey always muzz me.

They want people to always look up to them as per Yankee vibes , igbo people go try bring themselves over to make money and help family at home...

6 Likes

Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by realogk: 9:26pm On Dec 15, 2022
Na that time them go dey post pictures for snap say weather cold.

Them go dey use snapchat weather filter to show us say them dey -10° ...
Okay we don hear o, Cold wan kee your papa, Oya come back .

No snow dey fall for here , Na sun wan kee us finish for here . Oya book flight na..
Awon Werey grin

1 Like

Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by meobizy(f): 11:31pm On Dec 15, 2022
My guys and ex want me to come over badly. Maybe they are not average Nigerians. After my ex gave me one year, na him she hook Naija boy that way when she see I no serious. Uncle Tinubu will make me japa soon. Make I gather cash first.
Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by realogk: 11:47pm On Dec 15, 2022
meobizy:
My guys and ex want me to come over badly. Maybe they are not average Nigerians. After my ex gave me one year, na him she hook Naija boy that way when she see I no serious. Uncle Tinubu will make me japa soon. Make I gather cash first.

Bulaba grin
Please run away! Run far away.
Your uncle enters, everywhere detty cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by ednut1(m): 1:08am On Dec 16, 2022
There is no one that can convince someone whose mind is already made up from japa.

Some of those who discourage people from coming are trying to prevent future wahala. Someone you know may have travelled in year 2010 when immigration rules were not that strict and has since gotten papers. You in 2022 is asking same person to show you way, meanwhile things may have changed, Housing you when you come and start working illegally can back fire on him or her. Some visit visas now you cant even convert it unless you leave the country. As dem dey try explain all this you can label the person enemy of progress and so them no want make you come at all.

I don see where dem house person and he go use their address receive yahoo boy/credit card goods. Another one dem house babe wey just come from Nigeria, the babe say she no fit do hustle job, meanwhile na wetin the host do when he first come Uk, so she wan just dey house dey waste electricity, food and water till good job show .

When i was in UK 2005 to 2008 many people dey use fake papers work ( Dagbo) , try am today if them no go nab you and the employer.

2 Likes

Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by Papilagreen: 2:17am On Dec 16, 2022
Okay let me shear my own 1cent of what I can say to all those my bro and sis aspiring to Japa.. first of all if u wan come pls come I will be very happy for you. But believe me when I say ur first 4 years will be hell for u cause e no go easy 4 u talking from experience.
Culture shock, currency value... U go carry $4000 think say u carry money come but when u buy one buy two ur eye go clear.

Nobody will accommodate u for free u pay rent minimum 450$ every month u must not miss or dem take u to court internet and water and trash bill 150$ join make am 600 monthly and as a first timer u go pay first month and last month B4 u even get key..
we nova talk phone bill which is 50$ monthly. That is the cheapest network service ooo.. u haven't plan food.. then winter lol if u no get car oga/madam u done for lol u go freeze to death for America car no be big boy or big girl. na necessity u just have to get it my first car I get for America back then I remember na jalopi.. I go roll am climb hill cause I lived in a hilly area then I go roll am down na so e dey start sometimes I go have to do am so like 5 times B4 e start. Na so I go weak B4 I reach class start sleep during lectures.

It wasn't funny.. if u wan come here the best advice I will give is via student F1 visa if u come here as visitor and think say u go make am ogbeni ur own don finish.. America rules for international students is so strict u only allowed to work 20hrs weekly and 89% of the time u can't even get ur full 20hrs.
If u no pay ur school fees on time every semester then u are not allowed to register for classes for the new semester and automatically u lose ur F1 status and as a result of such, ICE go come find u send u back to 9ja. The worst part be say as soon as u land here u nova even dind where to sleep u go dey post picture and people back home go say u don land everybody go start bill u and if u tell them say u no get them go say u wicked...

U go find Undertable jobs u go suffer B4 u even find one and dem go dey underpay u like Kobo Kobo.. u no go fit vex cause u need am or ur die of hunger and bills..

Honestly ur first 5 years won't be easy but at the end it is worth it.. if u smart use ur brain u go fit find ur ways around so u go fit survive..

If anybody wan discourage u tell the person no worry I go still come. But lower ur expectations cause na people wain u never know for ur life B4 go help u the one u know go losegard u 1000 yards no blame them na the street we all dey..

But trust me it will all end in praise at the end.. I am a living testimony if I tell u my full story una go say na lie Say na film I dey talk but all na 100% true my journey here for America too go long....

My advice follow ur dreams no let anybody kill ur dreams if it will be it will be.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by realogk: 9:17am On Dec 16, 2022
ednut1:
There is no one that can convince someone whose mind is already made up from japa.

Some of those who discourage people from coming are trying to prevent future wahala. Someone you know may have travelled in year 2010 when immigration rules were not that strict and has since gotten papers. You in 2022 is asking same person to show you way, meanwhile things may have changed, Housing you when you come and start working illegally can back fire on him or her. Some visit visas now you cant even convert it unless you leave the country. As dem dey try explain all this you can label the person enemy of progress and so them no want make you come at all.

I don see where dem house person and he go use their address receive yahoo boy/credit card goods. Another one dem house babe wey just come from Nigeria, the babe say she no fit do hustle job, meanwhile na wetin the host do when he first come Uk, so she wan just dey house dey waste electricity, food and water till good job show .

When i was in UK 2005 to 2008 many people dey use fake papers work ( Dagbo) , try am today if them no go nab you and the employer.

Hmm I actually no even dey ask for way personally from anyone .
I know the way I typed above may seem like I'm pained about this Japa thing, but I'ts just based on what I've been seeing from twitter and also this same Travel thread .

And thank you for what you said about how people dont want to help others because some might want to drag them into illegal problems. That's true.

He get one of my friends wey we dey talk last week, he just landed in USA like 3 months ago. He said someone was calling him about using his house address to receive credit cards LOL ....

.I always wonder how you can be in a country of opportunities as a Nigerian Hustler and still want to do fraud and not work legitimately LMAO

Sir Ednut, I dey always see your comments for nairaland travel thread, na big Name you be, thank you o grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by realogk: 9:26am On Dec 16, 2022
Papilagreen:
Okay let me shear my own 1cent of what I can say to all those my bro and sis aspiring to Japa.. first of all if u wan come pls come I will be very happy for you. But believe me when I say ur first 4 years will be hell for u cause e no go easy 4 u talking from experience.
Culture shock, currency value... U go carry $4000 think say u carry money come but when u buy one buy two ur eye go clear.

Nobody will accommodate u for free u pay rent minimum 450$ every month u must not miss or dem take u to court internet and water and trash bill 150$ join make am 600 monthly and as a first timer u go pay first month and last month B4 u even get key..
we nova talk phone bill which is 50$ monthly. That is the cheapest network service ooo.. u haven't plan food.. then winter lol if u no get car oga/madam u done for lol u go freeze to death for America car no be big boy or big girl. na necessity u just have to get it my first car I get for America back then I remember na jalopi.. I go roll am climb hill cause I lived in a hilly area then I go roll am down na so e dey start sometimes I go have to do am so like 5 times B4 e start. Na so I go weak B4 I reach class start sleep during lectures.

It wasn't funny.. if u wan come here the best advice I will give is via student F1 visa if u come here as visitor and think say u go make am ogbeni ur own don finish.. America rules for international students is so strict u only allowed to work 20hrs weekly and 89% of the time u can't even get ur full 20hrs.
If u no pay ur school fees on time every semester then u are not allowed to register for classes for the new semester and automatically u lose ur F1 status and as a result of such, ICE go come find u send u back to 9ja. The worst part be say as soon as u land here u nova even dind where to sleep u go dey post picture and people back home go say u don land everybody go start bill u and if u tell them say u no get them go say u wicked...

U go find Undertable jobs u go suffer B4 u even find one and dem go dey underpay u like Kobo Kobo.. u no go fit vex cause u need am or ur die of hunger and bills..

Honestly ur first 5 years won't be easy but at the end it is worth it.. if u smart use ur brain u go fit find ur ways around so u go fit survive..

If anybody wan discourage u tell the person no worry I go still come. But lower ur expectations cause na people wain u never know for ur life B4 go help u the one u know go losegard u 1000 yards no blame them na the street we all dey..

But trust me it will all end in praise at the end.. I am a living testimony if I tell u my full story una go say na lie Say na film I dey talk but all na 100% true my journey here for America too go long....

My advice follow ur dreams no let anybody kill ur dreams if it will be it will be.

You're part of the 10% who will encourage others t come .

I read every single word before I slept off early this morning.
I'm just replying now.

I hope people read and understand too..

Many people feel say once u Japa, make u dey bill people.

Anytime wey I follow my sister talk for phone , na she dey always explain in details how that place be for me.
Dey put me through things..she don even connect me with Job all the way from Yankke before self.

People dont really want to help.

There is this guy that told me he wanted to do masters, he asked his friend over there for help, the guy said no wahala, he go put am through.
My friend in Nigeria said he needed him to help him check something (idk what it was sha, maybe some project work sha wey he wan submit to Prof online ,I'm not really sure)

He said he sent it to his friend on WhatsApp over 3 times , different days , the guy he kept sending it kept on reading is message and not replying him grin

But was very active online , even going to club and posting it on his story but ignoring my friends messages. grin

Nigerian Yoruba Men sha grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by Tradinggiant: 10:35am On Dec 16, 2022
Papilagreen:

big boss.. which state u day for America and how do you cope with the America daily shooting??

While walking on the street, e day bother you say you might get shot ??
Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by Papilagreen: 1:10pm On Dec 16, 2022
Tradinggiant:
big boss.. which state u day for America and how do you cope with the America daily shooting??

Okay so I just moved from Chicago Illinois to Kentucky where I presently live.
America is a gun violent country if u go out, just have it at the back of ur mind that anything related to shooting can happen at anytime.
Almost everybody have guns here a 16 years old kid can go buy gun if they so wish to and ain't nobody is going to stop them and that's just the Sad part about it

As a sharp guy u just gats dey on alert 24/7.
I would say Kentucky is more peaceful than Illinois when it comes to gun violence. But hey.. u never know what might happen.
In America u hardly walk on foot unless u decide to go for a walk or a shot exercise or u going shopping in places like Walmart or Kroger or target. Best buy or the hardware store etc. That's when u see people walking around basically, everybody is always in their car driving nobody dey walk. Here for America u fit dey live for one particular location for like 4 to 5 years and u don't know who ur next door neighbor is cause everybody dey mind their business infact u go hardly hear noise even ur music self no suppose disturb the next person. America their way of life different that's why I miss 9ja where u go dey see okada or danfo.. noise everywhere even their be here na low-key type..
Sometimes it's like a depressing kind of lifestyle but for me I know my ways and I know how to make my day worthwhile for me na u go always create ur own fun if u get what I mean..

Na just work work spend then save the small one u fit.
But anyways it's a whole new experience and a way of life and u get use to it with time..

Me self don dey take gun shooting classes for target accuracy, I go soon go buy my own gun for protection. U never can tell what can happen and time
Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by realogk: 1:22pm On Dec 16, 2022
Tradinggiant:

grin oh my god

I no fit laugh too much.

Abeg for Nigeria, your eyes never see things ? I mean End SARS? Police shooting and beating people up?

For my estate, About 2 months ago, someone was shot just in frontof the Estate Gate, they shot him in his back.
Young Fresh Graduate with no wahala. Small boy
Estate wey I never hear gun before in my life .
He just wanted to buy food .
Thank God say them carry am go hospital fast.

See for yankee, the time wey them shoot them Quavo gang , my Mama call me say she hear the gunshot not too far from her place .

Violence na everywhere. We know say USA own too much , but still we go dey WATCH and PRAY.
Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by Papilagreen: 1:23pm On Dec 16, 2022
realogk:

You're part of the 10% who will encourage others t come .

I read every single word before I slept off early this morning.
I'm just replying now.

I hope people read and understand too..

Many people feel say once u Japa, make u dey bill people.

Anytime wey I follow my sister talk for phone , na she dey always explain in details how that place be for me.
Dey put me through things..she don even connect me with Job all the way from Yankke before self.

People dont really want to help.

There is this guy that told me he wanted to do masters, he asked his friend over there for help, the guy said no wahala, he go put am through.
My friend in Nigeria said he needed him to help him check something (idk what it was sha, maybe some project work sha wey he wan submit to Prof online ,I'm not really sure)

He said he sent it to his friend on WhatsApp over 3 times , different days , the guy he kept sending it kept on reading is message and not replying him grin

But was very active online , even going to club and posting it on his story but ignoring my friends messages. grin

Nigerian Yoruba Men sha grin

All those people going to club showing off believe me them no get money secondly they don't have their permerntent residence and they just be JJC. Also like I said na who u no know go help u for this life when u come America..
As for that ur guy asking the other guy for project stuff, IDK why most people can't just do their own research online u have powerful tools like google YouTube Wikipedia etc na him no wan use am.. to even come here is not that difficult as long as u know what u doing. To apply for school na straight forward although u might need some assistance in the way but that guy wain dey club dey ball etc I have been there done that.. e no get where e reach I bet Sy now the guy don know howfar cause him suppose don see how the working and bills system work here. Time u go waste dey go club u to take am dey strategize. No be club him go na bar cause America most bars go be like club for una eyes for 9ja I know cause I been there..
Now if no be business club invite or matured gathering count me out cause it's just a waste of time. Na from 16 to 20 years old kids u go dey see think say na ball u dey ball na college life sha so he need the fun anyways.. but with time him go calm down..

Anybody wain wan discourage u tell am say make him discourage him brother or sister not u. Just don't losegard when u come here cause most people when they enter here they think say dem don land then get carried away with fun but last last they mess up cause their time waste might take them back to 9ja if u know what I mean
I know people who came here about 5years B4 me and up till today dem dey run hide from immigration. While I am already a permerntent resident working towards my citizenship. So if u know why u here for then stay focused and get it done cause baba time no dey..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by realogk: 1:24pm On Dec 16, 2022
Papilagreen:

America is a gun violent country if u go out, just have it at the back of ur mind that anything related to shooting can happen at anytime.
Almost everybody have guns here a 16 years old kid can go buy gun if they so wish to and ain't nobody is going to stop them and that's just the Sad part about it

I would say Kentucky is more peaceful than Illinois when it comes to gun violence. But hey.. u never know what might happen.
In America u hardly walk on foot unless u decide to go for a walk or a shot exercise or u going shopping in places like Walmart or Kroger or target. Best buy or the hardware store etc. That's when u see people walking around basically, everybody is always in their car driving nobody dey walk. Here for America u fit dey live for one particular location for like 4 to 5 years and u don't know who ur next door neighbor is cause everybody dey mind their business infact u go hardly hear noise even ur music self no suppose disturb the next person. America their way of life different that's why I miss 9ja where u go dey see okada or danfo.. noise everywhere even their be here na low-key type..
Sometimes it's like a depressing kind of lifestyle but for me I know my ways and I know how to make my day worthwhile for me na u go always create ur own fun if u get what I mean..

But anyways it's a whole new experience and a way of life and u get use to it with time..

Me self don dey take gun shooting classes for target accuracy, I go soon go buy my own gun for protection. U never can tell what can happen and time

After your gun lesson, take Sword lesson .
So you go buy Kitana after you get your gun grin
Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by Papilagreen: 1:27pm On Dec 16, 2022
realogk:

After your gun lesson, take Sword lesson .
So you go buy Kitana after you get your gun grin

Lol okay sir noted I think I will do just that..
I go consider am 100%

1 Like

Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by Tradinggiant: 1:33pm On Dec 16, 2022
realogk:

grin oh my god

I no fit laugh too much.

Abeg for Nigeria, your eyes never see things ? I mean End SARS? Police shooting and beating people up?

For my estate, About 2 months ago, someone was shot just in frontof the Estate Gate, they shot him in his back.
Young Fresh Graduate with no wahala. Small boy
Estate wey I never hear gun before in my life .
He just wanted to buy food .
Thank God say them carry am go hospital fast.

See for yankee, the time wey them shoot them Quavo gang , my Mama call me say she hear the gunshot not too far from her place .

Violence na everywhere. We know say USA own too much , but still we go dey WATCH and PRAY.

so if I spend millions of naira to japa from Nigeria because of insecurity, I go still day watch my back for saner clime ?
Just wow
Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by Tradinggiant: 1:35pm On Dec 16, 2022
Papilagreen:

This gun thing serious o..

Normally I been day think say na media exaggeration
Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by Papilagreen: 2:00pm On Dec 16, 2022
Tradinggiant:
This gun thing serious o..

Normally I been day think say na media exaggeration

Yeh bro it's not just the media shit.. it's reality and it's a big deal here.

4 9ja if u and person get fight una go first start fight with hand that's boxing throw punches and if go no go una find wood or bottle etc.. but here nobody dey reason use hand or punch start fight na gun dey open the floor first.

Here to buy gun is just like going to market to buy garri and kulikuli that's how easy it is if u get my point.

1 Like

Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by mariahAngel(f): 2:38pm On Dec 16, 2022
Papilagreen:

Do you plan to finally return to Nigeria someday?

@ the bolded, no carry am come Naija, abegO! undecided

Papilagreen:

Yeh bro it's not just the media shit.. it's reality and it's a big deal here.

4 9ja if u and person get fight una go first start fight with hand that's boxing throw punches and if go no go una find wood or bottle etc.. but here nobody dey reason use hand or punch start fight na gun dey open the floor first.

Here to buy gun is just like going to market to
buy garri and kulikuli that's how easy it is if u get my point.

Na wa O! undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by Papilagreen: 3:17pm On Dec 16, 2022
mariahAngel:

Do you plan to finally return to Nigeria someday?

@ the bolded, no carry am come Naija, abegO! undecided

Na wa O! undecided

Yeah I plan to visit 9ja in the future but not anytime soon.
I have families back home I haven't seen for years so yeah I definitely will be visiting later in the future but not so soon. And as for the gun part lol I reserve my comment on that.. but just so u know back when I was in 9ja on 3 different occasions I was this close to getting killed in 3 different state

One was along Benin-lagos Express road when I was going to buy my first car from Lagos we was attacked by Fulani bandicts I was shot at twice but I didn't know how I survived with no gun wounds

the second time was in benue state 6 months after my first incident in front of a club called ACE of Spade while I was serving there in benue state during my NYSc days one of my friend was killed at the spot and another was shot in his right eye till today he uses artificial eye on that eye also I was shot but I didn't get hit.

Third lol on my way back to visit my parents along Kaduna Abuja Express way same thing that one was like war film even me self no fit talk that story finish and when I arrived home there and then I know 9ja was not for me any more... Funny how am talking about it and laughing while typing.. this life I don see shegeh... When I say my life is like a movie nobody go understand. So I hope with this small answer I take reply u so, u suppose don get the answer to ur bolded reference u quote.. I can't fall for that shit anymore...

2 Likes

Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by realogk: 3:33pm On Dec 16, 2022
Tradinggiant:
so if I spend millions of naira to japa from Nigeria because of insecurity, I go still day watch my back for saner clime ?
Just wow

No watch your back o.
If them dey shoot , put airpods for your ear and dance .
Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by realogk: 3:35pm On Dec 16, 2022
Papilagreen:

I have families back home I haven't seen for years so yeah I definitely will be visiting later in the future but not so soon. And as for the gun part lol I reserve my comment on that.. but just so u know back when I was in 9ja on 3 different occasions I was this close to getting killed in 3 different state

One was along Benin-lagos Express road when I was going to buy my first car from Lagos we was attacked by Fulani bandicts I was shot at twice but I didn't know how I survived with no gun wounds

the second time was in benue state 6 months after my first incident in front of a club called ACE of Spade while I was serving there in benue state during my NYSc days one of my friend was killed at the spot and another was shot in his right eye till today he uses artificial eye on that eye also I was shot but I didn't get hit.

Third lol on my way back to visit my parents along Kaduna Abuja Express way same thing that one was like war film even me self no fit talk that story finish and when I arrived home there and then I know 9ja was not for me any more... Funny how am talking about it and laughing while typing.. this life I don see shegeh... When I say my life is like a movie nobody go understand. So I hope with this small answer I take reply u so, u suppose don get the answer to ur bolded reference u quote.. I can't fall for that shit anymore...

As bad as yankee violence be, the above no fit happen.
I'm certain.
Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by Papilagreen: 3:42pm On Dec 16, 2022
realogk:

As bad as yankee violence be, the above no fit happen.
I'm certain.

Lol bro no believe watin u dey watch for film ooo if e set here everybody dey go hide under bed e get people wain get like 12 AK-47 for their house as gun collection some get RPG if e set here ordinary police dey Japa na SWAT teams dey come finalize the matter..

The last one win happen for my present it took the SWAT teams about 3hrs to neutralize the targets that's when steady exchange of bullets nonstop.

E no dey too happen like that but when it dose men na madness
I get ur point sha for one person for that shit to happen to am on diffrent locations all in 1year it doesn't happen that way here na for school clubs shopping centers church mostly but abduction or all this religious shit no dey happen like that if not for the way oyinbo dem advance ehn... This country for don go.. u call 911 B4 u end the call police don surround ur location already that's just the best part. They always on alert ready to move
Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by realogk: 3:47pm On Dec 16, 2022
Papilagreen:

Lol bro no believe watin u dey watch for film ooo if e set here everybody dey go hide under bed e get people wain get like 12 AK-47 for their house as gun collection some get RPG if e set here ordinary police dey Japa na SWAT teams dey come finalize the matter..

The last one win happen for my present it took the SWAT teams about 3hrs to neutralize the targets that's when steady exchange of bullets nonstop.

E no dey too happen like that but when it dose men na madness
I get ur point sha for one person for that shit to happen to am on diffrent locations all in 1year it doesn't happen that way here na for school clubs shopping centers church mostly but abduction or all this religious shit no dey happen like that if not for the way oyinbo dem advance ehn... This country for don go.. u call 911 B4 u end the call police don surround ur location already that's just the best part. They always on alert ready to move

Omo your eye don see many things o..
Surely Surely , God hand dey your body. grin

You dey always see havoc but he no dey touch you !

This question no be for you o; but I go still ask,
You said 1 minute or so after 911 call, police dey fall in, abeg how many minutes police go use fall in for emergency for naija?
That's even if the 911 dey work. grin
Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by mariahAngel(f): 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2022
Omo! Na WA O!

Papilagreen:

Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by Papilagreen: 4:47pm On Dec 16, 2022
realogk:

Omo your eye don see many things o..
Surely Surely , God hand dey your body. grin

You dey always see havoc but he no dey touch you !

This question no be for you o; but I go still ask,
You said 1 minute or so after 911 call, police dey fall in, abeg how many minutes police go use fall in for emergency for naija?
That's even if the 911 dey work. grin

I believe say if ur time neva reach nothing fit stop u or kill u that's always been my believe..

And for ur question I believe say 9ja own no be 911 na 119 if am correct and lol even if u fail am somethings e no dey even connect lol...
Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by kroger: 7:08pm On Dec 16, 2022
Papilagreen:

In my 7 years in america I have NEVER heard a gun shot before. It's very important that u watch your every move when going out especially at night. There are some places I dont go to no matter what, also I dont buy gas at night I buy my gas during the day and strategic gas stations. U see those shell, citgo etc I dont go there lai lai.

Timaya manager was killed at a gas station also last week a pastor son was shot and killed at a gas station.
My daily prayer is akoba adaba oloun majeri
Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by kroger: 7:14pm On Dec 16, 2022
realogk:
See, I barely open threads , but I've been thinking about this. Lol

I've studied this trend, 85% of Japa people in USA and Canada do this sh1t.

You'd see them posting pictures in the snow with captions like : DO YOU STILL WANT TO COME HERE?

Just to discourage people lmao

And I'm sorry to say, Yoruba people are fond of it.
( before you yab me, I'm a Yoruba guy myself)

You dey enjoy good light, good road, good government, good security, good money ( even though you'd work hard n pay tax) . .like life there is good, but for some reason, you no want make your suffering brothers for Nigeria enjoy the benefits cheesy

Eti shiere!

I wont discourage any body not to travel abroad at all, just be ready to start from the scratch and hustle ur way up. Abroad is not easy as portrayed on social media, the hustle is very real.

The person u stay with when u arrive will determine how far you will go. Your circle of friends also plays a big role.
Re: Why Yankee People Dey Always Discourage Their Naija Brothers from coming over? by Papilagreen: 7:51pm On Dec 16, 2022
kroger:

In my 7 years in america I have NEVER heard a gun shot before. It's very important that u watch your every move when going out especially at night. There are some places I dont go to no matter what, also I dont buy gas at night I buy my gas during the day and strategic gas stations. U see those shell, citgo etc I dont go there lai lai.

Timaya manager was killed at a gas station also last week a pastor son was shot and killed at a gas station.
My daily prayer is akoba adaba oloun majeri

Exactly I don't buy gas at night I only buy during the day time morning or noon.
But it's funny u been here 7yrs and no gun shot heard by u.

When I was in Chicago Illinois na everyday back to back.. when we hear som3 gun sound we already know the model of the gun Chicago boys hoodgang no dey hear word at all..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk Visa Administrative Review Advicee: Help / Obudu Mountain Resort (aka Cattle Ranch) / The Dreaded "sponsorship" Question - F1 Students Only!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 185
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.