Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? (9408 Views)

Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? / Don’t Let Them Stop You From Traveling Abroad Due To Cold – Us-based Man (video) / Swiss Official Wants To Stop Nigerians From Traveling Abroad Completely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by Madlov3: 2:20pm On Aug 18, 2019
Over time, I have noticed that Nigerians abroad will always want to discourage other people from traveling.
Anytime you tell them your plans of traveling,they will start giving you long epistles.
If indeed there are no green pastures abroad, why not come back to Nigeria? Please come back and rebuild the country.
For me i think it’s black man’s mentality. An average china man that travels to America and makes it will ensure at least all his town people who are Intrested in coming over get settled abroad. Little wonder why you have China towns in most developed countries.
Same with the Indians.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by Madlov3: 2:25pm On Aug 18, 2019
This Nigerian mentality is the exact reason i will avoid Nigerians like plaque if am opportuned to travel outside this country.
I am going to live in States or provinces with very little or no Nigerians because the average Nigerian man does not want a fellow Nigerian to succeed abroad

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by Spanishmilf(m): 2:28pm On Aug 18, 2019
Because they are mad

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by Madlov3: 2:32pm On Aug 18, 2019
justwise please help move this post to front page, maybe there are things we in Nigeria don’t know about abroad.
Help my curiosity

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by Pvssy: 2:35pm On Aug 18, 2019
Madlov3:
This Nigerian mentality is the exact reason i will avoid Nigerians like plaque if am opportuned to travel outside this country.
I am going to live in States or provinces with very little or no Nigerians because the average Nigerian man is will not want a fellow Nigerian to succeed abroad

You said it all.

Run from Nigerians in any country you find yourself.

You are safer with Pakistan's, Kurdish and Afghanistan's.

Don't come, it's tough, but they are not ready to come back.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by SilasNwude: 2:51pm On Aug 18, 2019
[s]
Pvssy:

You said it all.

Run from Nigerians in any country you find yourself.

You are safer with Pakistan's, Kurdish and Afghanistan's.

Don't come, it's tough, but they are not ready to come back.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by ednut1(m): 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2019
Madlov3:
justwise please help move this post to front page, maybe there are things we in Nigeria don’t know about abroad.
Help my curiosity
when you are abroad legally and the process is defined like in canada or australia. You would tell your guys to come. But when you are abroad illegally( over 80% of nigerians abroad fall into this category). Trying to get stay thru marriage or asylum. You can't be encouraging your enemy to come na .that is why dey send their money home gotten from menial jobs or hustle . Because at any time dem fit catch and deport u

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by pseudonomer: 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2019
Madlov3:
Over time, I have noticed that Nigerians abroad will always want to discourage other people from traveling.
Anytime you tell them your plans of traveling,they will start giving you long epistles.
If indeed there are no green pastures abroad, why not come back to Nigeria? Please come back and rebuild the country.
For me i think it’s black man’s mentality. An average china man that travels to America and makes it will ensure at least all his town people who are Intrested in coming over get settled abroad. Little wonder why you have China towns in most developed countries.
Same with the Indians.

The reason I guess is, most people think when you travel abroad, you’ll immediately started having things easy... the truth is, it takes an average of 1-2 years for most people to find their feet...and it may even take longer for others, and it’s usually very extreme hard times... If you asked anyone going through that phase you wanted to travel down, they are likely going to discourage you.

Secondly, some people are showing off fake lives on social media... and they know you coming to them will be “casting”. This is why you’d notice, that uncle that promised to come pick you at the the Airport never showed up or reachable. And some people are always believing you’re going to be a burden to them during your first few months and they are actually finding it difficult themselves.

And finally, if the person sense you don’t have clear plans and goals to succeed in your new location(You just want to leave Nigeria because you’re tired of living Nigeria), they are likely not going to welcome the idea of you traveling out. But if they sense, you’d have a bright future or you’re going to be an asset... They will mostly do anything to help you.

19 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by LewinskyMon: 3:07pm On Aug 18, 2019
grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by prettyynx(m): 3:10pm On Aug 18, 2019
They only discourage when they know you are coming to over stay your visa.Experience is the best teacher, i am sure that at some point they have encouraged someone to leave naija and when that person got to either uk or usa , that person saw that life isnt a bed of roses at all, hence they we blamed for not been 100% truthful about leaving without papers in another country. but like i tell people , instead of discouraging just tell them how it is and tell them how you can help, do not promise what you cannot do.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by prettyynx(m): 3:12pm On Aug 18, 2019
[quote author=pseudonomer post=81366694]

Secondly, some people are showing off fake lives on social media... and they know you coming to them will be “casting”. This is why you’d notice, that uncle that promised to come pick you at the the Airport never showed up or reachable. And some people are always believing you’re going to be a burden to them during your first few months and they are actually finding it difficult themselves.

this happens alot lol

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by Madlov3: 3:14pm On Aug 18, 2019
ednut1:
when you are abroad legally and the process is defined like in canada or australia. You would tell your guys to come. But when you are abroad illegally( over 80% of nigerians abroad fall into this category). Trying to get stay thru marriage or asylum. You can't be encouraging your enemy to come na .that is why dey send their money home gotten from menial jobs or hustle . Because at any time dem fit catch and deport u
bros even amongst thee legals. I had a phone session with a Nigerian big man based Abroad recently.it was same old talk
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by ednut1(m): 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2019
Madlov3:
bros even amongst thee legals. I had a phone session with a Nigerian big man based Abroad recently.it was same old talk
where is he based If he brings u. U be liability to him. Maybe d route he used to become legal is now closed or hard. So no blame am. Abroad is not a place u go house person. Cold weather means d person u bring will be home all day using the heater , light and gas. Those in canada are encouraging their friends and siblings to come if dey meet the requirement . Imagine if am in the usa hustling for my stay for this trump era. I will invite u?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by prettyynx(m): 3:21pm On Aug 18, 2019
he probably thinks you would be a burden as he might have seen that happen to himself or a freind, dont blame him for thinking about himself first.
Madlov3:
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by dingbang(m): 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2019
Please go and get your own money and stop depending on people abroad.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by Mancala: 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2019
I will speak for myself and myself only. I asked this question a couple times on this forum......Outside of family ties/direct employment/schooling, how does a Nigerian legally migrate to the U.S? The vast majority of Nigerians looking to move to the States are doing so on a tourist visa and expect those that are residing legally in the country to help/advice them on how to execute an illegality. This may sound sanctimonious, but anyone that openly aids and abets an illegal act is foolish and may pay some unintended consequences. I will not denigrate other nationalities, but when it comes to immigration shenanigans, Nigerians are learners so don't compare them to us unless you condone illegal acts.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by Madlov3: 3:26pm On Aug 18, 2019
ednut1:
where is he based If he brings u. U be liability to him. Maybe d route he used to become legal is now closed or hard. So no blame am. Abroad is not a place u go house person. Cold weather means d person u bring will be home all day using the heater , light and gas. Those in canada are encouraging their friends and siblings to come if dey meet the requirement . Imagine if am in the usa hustling for my stay for this trump era. I will invite u?
This guy is based in USA. He’s loaded. During the phone session, i made him know my plans and how i had carefully arranged them and how resolute i was. Oga just changed the tone of the discussion o.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by ednut1(m): 3:32pm On Aug 18, 2019
Madlov3:
This guy is based in USA. He’s loaded. During the phone session, i made him know my plans and how i had carefully arranged them and how resolute i was. Oga just changed the tone of the discussion o.
usa in trump era. U see ya life. Abeg wake up from ur dreams

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by prettyynx(m): 3:34pm On Aug 18, 2019
Well if you send him some cash to rent you an apartment for 5 months before your arrival , this story might change.
For the mere fact that he knows you think he is loaded, it will forever linger in his mind that you would want his help .
Madlov3:

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by flourishing247: 3:35pm On Aug 18, 2019
Madlov3:

Are you relocating legally? If no then he's not trying to discourage you, he's just telling you the bitter truth. Legal Relocating favours the youth much more than an older person. I know someone that actually bought a ticket to come back to Nigeria cos he was just frustrated. Mind you they went with green card. If it's not a legal process,I will tell you to forget it. It's only a person that loves you that will tell you the truth. America is not a bed of roses for anyone not to talk of an illegal immigrant.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by Madlov3: 3:35pm On Aug 18, 2019
Mancala:
I will speak for myself and myself only. I asked this question a couple times on this forum......Outside of family ties/direct employment/schooling, how does a Nigerian legally migrate to the U.S? The vast majority of Nigerians looking to move to the States are doing so on a tourist visa and expect those that are residing legally in the country to help/advice them on how to execute an illegality. This may sound sanctimonious, but anyone that openly aids and abets an illegal act is foolish and may pay some unintended consequences. I will not denigrate other nationalities, but when it comes to immigration shenanigans, Nigerians are learners so don't compare them to us unless you condone illegal acts.
can i ask you a question? These so called people living legally in the Abroad, how did they get there? Is it all that went via family based or employment? Some went via tourist visa too and legalize their stay. These ppl will still come here tomorrow to discourage ppl. I know of a popular nairalander that went to the us on tourist visa, overstayed and married an akata to get papers. The same guy came here to open a thread discouraging ppl from traveling. Imagine that

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by Mancala: 3:36pm On Aug 18, 2019
Madlov3:

For the sake of intellectual discussion, and don't take this the wrong way, but let's say you were planning to land in his place on a visiting visa. What next? Work illegally on a student visa, overstay your visa then do an arranged marriage? That makes him an accessory to immigration violations and could jeopardize all he has achieved in the States.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by ednut1(m): 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2019
Mancala:
100%. This is what many don't want to understand. Those who went to the uk 10 15 years ago could use fake passport to do menial jobs. Most must have found a way to become citizens now. Today u cannot use fake passport to work in the uk even if na menial job as home office will come for you soonest. If u then tell that your cousin how he dey go . He says you are a hater . Smh

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by Madlov3: 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2019
flourishing247:

Are you relocating legally? If no then he's not trying to discourage you, he's just telling you the bitter truth. Legal Relocating favours the youth much more than an older person. I know someone that actually bought a ticket to come back to Nigeria cos he was just frustrated. Mind you they went with green card. If it's not a legal process,I will tell you to forget it. It's only a person that loves you that will tell you the truth. America is not a bed of roses for anyone not to talk of an illegal immigrant.
i have neva thought of becoming an ilegal if am opportuned to Travel.at least not with my level of education

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by ednut1(m): 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2019
Madlov3:
can i ask you a question? These so called people living legally in the Abroad, how did they get there? Is it all that went via family based or employment? Some went via tourist visa too and legalize their stay. These ppl will still come here tomorrow to discourage ppl. I know of a popular nairalander that went to the us on tourist visa, overstayed and married an akata to get papers. The same guy came here to open a thread discouraging ppl from traveling. Imagine that
do you follow immigration news at all By the way. What stops you going alone and perfect your plans.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by Spanishmilf(m): 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2019
ednut1:
if u keep discouraging your fellow nigerians not to come over and be a liability it a shams bro..
That why indians and pakistans are more friendlier and bettrr than us they help each other alot abroad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by flourishing247: 3:42pm On Aug 18, 2019
Madlov3:
i have neva thought of becoming an ilegal if am opportuned to Travel.at least not with my level of education

Do a proper research. Personally just the mere thought of trying to leave everything here to relocate scares me. I love Nigeria so much. Here you can do multiple businesses.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by Spanishmilf(m): 3:44pm On Aug 18, 2019
flourishing247:

i think that thing as not happen to u before
What u arr talking about is offpoint (not insultive)... U maybe an american or maybe u are not living in nigeria
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by Madlov3: 3:46pm On Aug 18, 2019
flourishing247:

Do a proper research. Personally just the mere thought of trying to leave everything here to relocate scares me. I love Nigeria so much. Here you can do multiple businesses.
thats for you bro! One day i will relocate legally and no Nigerian can discourage me from relocating legally.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by prettyynx(m): 3:47pm On Aug 18, 2019
Bottom line is its all FEAR!fear that youll be come a liabilty, fear that you wil jeopardize they own status. This is because it might have happened to them before or they have seen it happen to a friend to heard stories. No matter how much you have planned in naija, that plan usually doenst work out the way you planned it once you get abroad.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by ednut1(m): 3:50pm On Aug 18, 2019
Spanishmilf:
if u keep discouraging your fellow nigerians not to come over and be a liability it a shams bro..
That why indians and pakistans are more friendlier and bettrr than us they help each other alot abroad
indians and pakistanis create companies and use it to bring their people. How many Nigerian can do that Even you wont . We cannot blame a leopard for being solitary while the lions has prides. Its nature

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? by Mancala: 3:50pm On Aug 18, 2019
Madlov3:

A lot of Nigerians migrated through the green card lottery. Not saying there are none that came on visiting visas, I even know quite a few that did. But you will not hear of the many that got caught and were prosecuted. It is not as easy as you think. Perhaps the person of whom you speak turned over a new leaf and is now a law abiding citizen grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FAAN To Divert All MMIA Flights To E Wing On Saturday / Truck Drivers Protest Against Law Enforcement Agents At The Apapa Port (VIDEO) / Need location of Ireland visa embassy in Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.