Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs (34214 Views)

Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) / Smart Family Food Global- Stuck Your Kitchen With Foodstuffs / Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by BossGerald: 5:15am On Dec 16, 2022
Isusu as its widely called here, is a form of daily,weekly or monthly contribution paid into an account periodically till the end of a specific period of time, basically month or year.

This particular one isn't the regular type where the accumulated money is shared, rather the money is gathered from multiple persons and used to get food stuff in large quantity then shared between the participants.

Pros
1. Cheap: food stuffs when purchased in wholesale always come with reduced prices, that means you spend less for more.
2.time saver: to people like myself who doesn't like do grocery shopping themselves wink...the purchasing is made by few other participants, you just go and collect your share jejely and go home grin
3. Lasts long: thus depends on the money contributed, the larger the money, the larger the goods and the longer the time lasted grin

I only got back from school and saw these foodstuffs my brother's wife got from her monthly contribution, she'sa nairalnder but i told her I'd do it on her behalf grin, to be honest, the food items are very good for the money and it's best recommended for married and family men and women wink.

Atleast you have 3months from January next year not to worry about food stuffs.

Can you guess how much the monthly isusu contribution was??

Cc. Lalasticlacla front page

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by BossGerald: 5:15am On Dec 16, 2022
The good thing is she only contributed #6200 monthly, with many others grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Icarus99(f): 5:24am On Dec 16, 2022
Nice
What a great Isusu

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Zonefree(m): 5:25am On Dec 16, 2022
these foodstuffs my brother's wife got from her monthly contribution, she'sa nairalnder but i told her I'd do it on her behalf

Wow. Unbelievable shocked

So, we still have sensible ladies here

Your brother's wife is a great woman. She got my total respect. Other ladies would have been saving to buy wigs or weavon to put on an empty head that can't recite the 36 states and capitals.

God bless your brother's wife and the family.

194 Likes 14 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by muyico(m): 6:11am On Dec 16, 2022
We ve co-operative here in SW

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Alusiizizi(m): 6:31am On Dec 16, 2022
BossGerald:
Isusu as its widely called here, is a form of daily,weekly or monthly contribution paid into an account periodically till the end of a specific period of time, basically month or year.

This particular one isn't the regular type where the accumulated money is shared, rather the money is gathered from multiple persons and used to get food stuff in large quantity then shared between the participants.

Pros
1. Cheap: food stuffs when purchased in wholesale always come with reduced prices, that means you spend less for more.
2.time saver: to people like myself who doesn't like do grocery shopping themselves wink...the purchasing is made by few other participants, you just go and collect your share jejely and go home grin
3. Lasts long: thus depends on the money contributed, the larger the money, the larger the goods and the longer the time lasted grin

I only got back from school and saw these foodstuffs my brother's wife got from her monthly contribution, she'sa nairalnder but i told her I'd do it on her behalf grin, to be honest, the food items are very good for the money and it's best recommended for married and family men and women wink.

Atleast you have 3months from January next year not to worry about food stuffs.

Can you guess how much the monthly isusu contribution was??

That looks like #100k worth of foodstuff. Even if the combined Isusu bought a container-load of foodstuff
you probably will be hard pressed for a 30% markdown. Let's say the contribution period was 3 months or so with weekly contribution I would estimate somewhere about #4k a week contributions for a 3 month period.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by BossGerald: 7:37am On Dec 16, 2022
Zonefree:

Your brother's wife is a great woman. She got my total respect. Other ladies would have been saving to buy wigs or weapon to put on an empty head that can't recite the 36 states and capitals.

Hahaha cheesy zonefree

If they come for your head my hand no dey oo grin

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by BossGerald: 7:45am On Dec 16, 2022
Alusiizizi:

That looks like #100k worth of foodstuff. Even if the combined Isusu bought a container-load of foodstuff
you probably will be hard pressed for a 30% markdown. Let's say the contribution period was 3 months or so with weekly contribution I would estimate somewhere about #4k a week contributions for a 3 month period.

Nice try Alusiizizi

It's actually #6200 monthly...totalling #74,400 for the year.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Alusiizizi(m): 8:03am On Dec 16, 2022
BossGerald:

Nice try Alusiizizi

Well I assumed it was a 3 month period.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by KingMack(m): 9:43am On Dec 16, 2022
now that's dope!! A lot of us look down on this things like adashi, osusu or contribution but it pays more than running a one man one mopol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Mumben(f): 4:32pm On Dec 16, 2022
Congrats, it's not easy. Many know about things like this but the money to participate in it is not even available.

12 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by pretydiva(f): 4:35pm On Dec 16, 2022
This is good. She's indeed wife material

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by mariahAngel(f): 4:37pm On Dec 16, 2022
BossGerald:

Nice try Alusiizizi

How do they all agree on what and what to buy?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Alusiizizi(m): 4:57pm On Dec 16, 2022
mariahAngel:

In principle they don't . Everyone eats rice(presumably) so rice is included. Fish, canned tomatoes and such, all these are ubiquitous food-stuff, shared by (most) everyone. So in principle there is no pre-arrangement, whatever you see, you take.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by BossGerald: 5:10pm On Dec 16, 2022
mariahAngel:

The rice, crayfish, okporoko, tomatoes and groundnut oil are basic...

They can add anyother thing if there's enough money.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Jozilinn: 5:39pm On Dec 16, 2022
Hmmm,is she a business woman? I think business people have more privileges than we the salary earners.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Samfloxin(m): 6:48pm On Dec 16, 2022
We did that in our yard, we will share our own on Monday. We contributed 1k every week,that is 52 k in a year. We bought bag of rice, 3 litters of ground nut oil, Milo and peak milk satchets, detergent, half carton of big tin tomato (20 tins) knorr Maggie, one carton of 100 Gram of noodles,

19 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by CodeTemplar: 10:07am On Dec 19, 2022
Osusu or thrift contribution without wholesale buying at the end to help significantly lower average cost is just sukuk or 0% interest saving.
Nice idea.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by ahnie: 9:06pm On Dec 19, 2022
God that capture mosdii will capture you.
Zonefree:

Your brother's wife is a great woman. She got my total respect. Other ladies would have been saving to buy wigs or weapon to put on an empty head that can't recite the 36 states and capitals.

I thought you're an avid advocate of Nigerian women are useless?

I come in vawulence.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 24, 2022
Nice.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by obembet(f): 5:37pm On Dec 24, 2022
Congratulations
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by HealthKelvin: 5:38pm On Dec 24, 2022
The importance of saving can not be overemphasized.
We should as individuals and as a nation cultivate the saving habit.
……………….

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by petertega9(m): 5:43pm On Dec 24, 2022
osusu, which one be isusu

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Isabi4lov: 5:43pm On Dec 24, 2022
shocked lovely
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Kharol1234: 5:44pm On Dec 24, 2022
Tell us how much the contribution cost.

Christmas is set already

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by FuckSilly: 5:44pm On Dec 24, 2022
cool
Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Fedrick100: 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2022
I’m planning to do this contribution for my mum next year by God grace

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Gboom: 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2022
petertega9:
osusu, which one be isusu
na esusu for Yoruba language

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Emeskhalifa(m): 5:46pm On Dec 24, 2022
Eating the children of your children?? cry

Pls if you have time, read "the richest man in Babylon" sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Monthly Contribution: Look How My Isusu Paid Me With Foodstuffs by Nawttiboi007(m): 5:48pm On Dec 24, 2022
For the spread of how many months?
BossGerald:
The good thing is she only contributed #6200 monthly, with many others grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kiddies Cake Gallery / The Creative Design A Pregnant Woman Made With Abacha Ingredients (Photos) / Christmas With Chicken Head!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.