Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,381 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn (21281 Views)

10 Nigerian Celebs Who Skipped Voting Day / Mercy Johnson Is Wanted By Nigerian Police / Pictures Of Celebrities At Mercy Johnson's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by aloyemeka2: 11:38pm On Aug 30, 2011
[size=14pt]Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedding[/size]
By staff 6 hours 52 minutes ago

Guys pls dont crucify me before you read this, to me this is very strange. I haven't seen a wedding where the official in charge of the wedding (especially a Pastor) will skip the VERY Important question, (objection to the wedding) this question is always supposed to be asked even in a law court. "IS THERE ANYONE WHO OBJECTS TO THIS WEDDING?"

For me I believe this question is very important because this is the main part of the wedding ceremony, and this is done to make sure that neither party wasn't already married and to make sure that both parties are in consent to the marriage and It used to be part of the ceremony for legal reasons as this will help the officiating minister stay out of legal trouble having declared that neither party was already married.

[img]http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=wedding_mercy_johnson_356607594.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

Well for me it goes to show that the church knows something was not right and they just squeezed all the scenes together because the pastor was smart, Pastor Tom Obiazi of Christ Embassy smartly skipped all the wahala Question/scenes and he went ahead to officiate and bless the union.

Well against all odds, Mercy Johnson is a married woman, once married your status can no longer be single, the next option is either seperated or divorce (Thats not my prayer for them) I wish them a successful marriage.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headlines/109060-christ-embassy-pastor-skipped-most-important-question-at-mercy-johnson039s-wedding.html
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by HighChief4(m): 12:55am On Aug 31, 2011
The Pastor must have been paid heavily, so he wouldnt bother
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by r231(m): 12:57am On Aug 31, 2011
pastor dont want trouble grin grin
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by Dicon1: 1:55am On Aug 31, 2011
D purpose of the usual question is to clear ensure that there is no reason, which has not been cleared, why the parties should not be join. It does not mean that every objection will suffice to stop d activity. If the alleged fact has arisen before the wedding day and has been dealt with, it wil not act to halt a wedding. In this case, the issue has arisen and i believe it must have been investigated by the church
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by haryourmi: 8:21am On Aug 31, 2011
Asking dat question is one of every pastor Addict in every union, bt i tink the pastor nd the couples really undastand best. We all knw mercy.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by chelseabmw(m): 8:49am On Aug 31, 2011
lol grin
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 31, 2011
this is d part where I blame dat Lovely  or wateva her name is! She suppose pack all documents and photos wey dey relivant, then attend d weddin, while she sits and waits for dis question to pop up! But she revealed her info too early and thus, she got defeated b4 d weddin! So at dis juncture, i wish MJ a happy married life! Ciao.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by donem: 9:02am On Aug 31, 2011
well thats their cup of tea
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by Lexusgs430: 9:06am On Aug 31, 2011
And who was she expecting a call from ??
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by NancyKing: 9:09am On Aug 31, 2011
considering the whole saga surrounding the wedding it thinks it a wise decision by the pastor not to have asked that question. lipsrsealed
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by NJV: 9:09am On Aug 31, 2011
Are u pple not tired of discussing this mercy johnson's issue?
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by anishe(m): 9:11am On Aug 31, 2011
the pastor was just being diplomatic going by the events leading to the marriage. i cant blame him
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by nimma(f): 9:18am On Aug 31, 2011
Well in my own church, those questions are asked way before the wedding during every service! That is more than enough time for any one with objections to come with proof! It is usually not asked on the wedding day! I think thats how Christ Embassy operates too cuz i have attended a wedding there once. So it has absolutely nothing to do with Mercy!

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by daomi(m): 9:20am On Aug 31, 2011
What do u expect frm such a church? By your fruit we shall knw them
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by b0dnel: 9:58am On Aug 31, 2011
In as much as I hate MJ for going ahead with the wedding, the said question:

aloy-emeka:

"IS THERE ANYONE WHO OBJECTS TO THIS WEDDING?"

is NOT IN THE BIBLE and ITS NOT EVEN SCRIPTURAL, the whole church wedding white wedding thingy is Man's contraception,
because of ifnorance, we see it as a spiritual exercise!
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by strangest(m): 10:16am On Aug 31, 2011
Lets stop pointing accusation hands on the Pastors, if lovelyn really have a case, I believe what she would have done is to present a copy of the Church wedding certificate duly certified by the appropriate authorities in Italy to the church(Christ Embassy) before the wedding or to Linda Ikeji since she has been using her blog as a point of contact. Since there was no thing, abeg lets leave this case to rest.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by Gluckdude(m): 10:17am On Aug 31, 2011
and i care because?
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by brainpulse: 10:29am On Aug 31, 2011
2 Pet 2: 1-3, 13,18- talks about what we will see in this end times. Christ embassy is the church of the end time for those that knows the bible very well. Rev 2: 14 , 20 talks about them again. Those that have ears let them hear. for Christ is coming for a church without wrinkles or blemish. We should also know the difference btw religion gathering and church
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by deloon(m): 10:39am On Aug 31, 2011
undecided wareva,
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by Enotfare: 10:40am On Aug 31, 2011
SIGNS of the TIMES!!!!!!!!!! sad
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by BigMeat2: 11:33am On Aug 31, 2011
I don't see this as anything important if the suppose question is not asked.
I personally think that statement should be removed from the wedding programme.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by whyMMM: 11:37am On Aug 31, 2011
maybe d pastor forgot
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by uche77zero(m): 12:02pm On Aug 31, 2011
Why ask questions when you already know the answer
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by tpia5: 12:20pm On Aug 31, 2011
This question isnt asked at christ embassy weddings?
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by Misscherrybaby(f): 12:31pm On Aug 31, 2011
@strangest
na wa for you. Were u rlly following d MJ saga on linda ikeji? Lovely said d marriage certificate was with Odi wen she was asked 2 produce it.
Wen pple insisted d only way to prove d marriage was by producing it, she went 2 d registry in italy and got another copy which she published on linda ikeji together with d divorce papers he served on her father frm one customary court in uromi (which is still pending btw).
Pls ensure u get ur facts straight b4 u post. I dnt knw wat they want d poor woman to do again.
If u're still doubting, go to Linda's blog and search for it. Cant post d link. Lovely posted d marriage certificate, divorce papers, wedding invitation card, pictures of her kids birthdays dt her husband attended. What proof do u need again?!
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by WhyAWhy(m): 1:10pm On Aug 31, 2011
The point is where did the issue of structure of words in wedding ceremony originate from? As far as i am concerned whatever structure we use today is not entirely based on the bible, we only adopt it as we found it reasonable

The most important part of joining is for the two concerned individuals to consent to it and that's why they say "Do you,  take,[your name here]  as your lawfully wedded,[spouse] bla bla bla ",  Every other thing is AJASA. angry angry angry
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by laj1(m): 2:24pm On Aug 31, 2011
but i read in today's puch today at the entertainment section that the question was asked.check punch(31st of august,2011)
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by shegosay: 2:33pm On Aug 31, 2011
While let wait and see what come out of the marriage,one thing i believe is
,that if truly MJ ,collect some other man one day same to happen to her ,it could
even be the child that she will have ,that will suffer for .I just hope this will not
affect her children in the future.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by favour101(m): 2:33pm On Aug 31, 2011
Please let me enlighten you Believers Loveworld AKA Christ embassy don't ask such question in any marriage so don't your precious time blaming pst. Tom Obiazi he is a senior pastor
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by kizito96(m): 2:39pm On Aug 31, 2011
The pastor did the right thing so as not to cause a scene
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by bakenda(m): 2:48pm On Aug 31, 2011
You can trust Nollywood, soon the Part 1 of a film based on this
story will be out, they may call it "Emotional Wedding Part 1" or something.
smiley
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by bravedude(m): 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2011
If the pastor had asked,so many would have opposed the wedding considering her past sins.Too bad the pastor conspired in an ungodly deed.Na wa oh!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Patrick Elis Pictured With His Baby Mama And Daughter / Patoranking Celebrates His 25th Birthday Today! / Is Yvonne Nelson Too Skinny?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.