Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,957 members, 7,814,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Help, I Cant Login To Joomla Admin Page - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help, I Cant Login To Joomla Admin Page (3048 Views)

I Can't Access Wordpress And Joomla Admin Backend With Spectranet / Help!!!!! I Cant Login Into My Wordpress Website Admin Page / I Cant Login To My Paypal Anymore.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, I Cant Login To Joomla Admin Page by toluxa1(m): 1:46am On Aug 31, 2011
Hello Pals. I am just learning Joomla and after installing my Joomla, I did a little homepage yesterday and today i tried accessing the administrator page with my Admin details and this is what I get. I am very sure I am using the correct details. What might be the problem and any ideas how I can solve this?

Re: Help, I Cant Login To Joomla Admin Page by mashnino(m): 3:29am On Aug 31, 2011
don't distrub yourself much, just go to the database and check for the username and password or change it from there
Re: Help, I Cant Login To Joomla Admin Page by toluxa1(m): 5:53am On Aug 31, 2011
How do I do that please? The dbs under my root foldeR?
Re: Help, I Cant Login To Joomla Admin Page by yawatide(f): 8:32am On Aug 31, 2011
Let's be honest here: Chances are that you are not using the correct details otherwise you wouldn't be getting this error cool

Sha, this has happened to me before:

If you have the login module on your actual site, click on "forgot password" and you should be prompted for your email address. Upon matching your records, the system should email you your username and password or email you a link to change your password and you go from there.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
Re: Help, I Cant Login To Joomla Admin Page by Afam4eva(m): 10:12am On Aug 31, 2011
@Mashnino
Even if he goes to the databse, the password is encrypted so he can't see anything. He should do what Yawatide suggested. Click on "forgot password" whether it it hosted on a real or local server as long as you're connected to the internet.
Re: Help, I Cant Login To Joomla Admin Page by toluxa1(m): 11:04am On Aug 31, 2011
Guys, I am not using a web server, I am using WampServer. Just for self training purpose.
Re: Help, I Cant Login To Joomla Admin Page by Afam4eva(m): 12:06pm On Aug 31, 2011
Wampserver is also a web server that you use to run PHP pages on your local PC.
Re: Help, I Cant Login To Joomla Admin Page by toluxa1(m): 2:15pm On Aug 31, 2011
oh yes. I meant that i use a local server. But there is nowhere to click forgot password anywhere on the joomla login page.
Re: Help, I Cant Login To Joomla Admin Page by Afam4eva(m): 2:20pm On Aug 31, 2011
toluxa1:

oh yes. I meant that i use a local server. But there is nowhere to click forgot password anywhere on the joomla login page.
k.
Go to the home page. There a login form by the left. That's where you have the "forgot password" link.
Re: Help, I Cant Login To Joomla Admin Page by yawatide(f): 3:35pm On Aug 31, 2011
OP: afam4eva speaks well. hear ye him grin

Typically, when you install joomla, the admin interface is at www.yoursite.com/administrator. What afam is saying is, go to www.yoursite.com which is what the site looks like (the assumption here is that you installed the sample template, as opposed to the blank template. If you installed the sample template, you will see the login module. If you didn't, then you have a problem.
Re: Help, I Cant Login To Joomla Admin Page by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 31, 2011
Yeah Joomla does use md5. I am not sure it is salted.
What you need to do is to save this as a php script and run-it

olodo.php
<?php
echo md5("olodo"wink;
?>

Dont bother, the md5("olodo"wink = b81a30a9fbf941a8b00e89fc8980a200

Next, open your database - look for maybe users table - replace
the old password with the new one b81a30a9fbf941a8b00e89fc8980a200

Disclaimer: olodo - is just an arbitrary - and is not the name of a person.
Re: Help, I Cant Login To Joomla Admin Page by mashnino(m): 10:41pm On Aug 31, 2011
*dhtml:

Yeah Joomla does use md5. I am not sure it is salted.
What you need to do is to save this as a php script and run-it

olodo.php
Dont bother, the md5("olodo"wink = b81a30a9fbf941a8b00e89fc8980a200

Next, open your database - look for maybe users table - replace
the old password with the new one b81a30a9fbf941a8b00e89fc8980a200

Disclaimer: olodo - is just an arbitrary - and is not the name of a person.

oga has said it all
Re: Help, I Cant Login To Joomla Admin Page by toluxa1(m): 3:14pm On Sep 01, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

OP: afam4eva speaks well. hear ye him grin

Typically, when you install joomla, the admin interface is at www.yoursite.com/administrator. What afam is saying is, go to www.yoursite.com which is what the site looks like (the assumption here is that you installed the sample template, as opposed to the blank template. If you installed the sample template, you will see the login module. If you didn't, then you have a problem.

I have not installed any sample template, the site is not even hosted yet. I didnt even do anything online at all.
Re: Help, I Cant Login To Joomla Admin Page by yawatide(f): 3:38pm On Sep 01, 2011
If you didn't do anything online at all, how do you know you have login problems?

In any event, I assume you at least have it installed on a local server (like wamp. . .Please say "yes" grin). If so, same difference. Follow the same steps. Only that in place of "www", you will type "localhost" or "127.0.0.1"
Re: Help, I Cant Login To Joomla Admin Page by chiwex(m): 2:32pm On Sep 02, 2011
Change the Password in the Database

If the admin user is still defined, the simplest option is to change the password in the database to a known value. This requires that you have access to the MySQL database using phpMyAdmin.

Navigate to phpMyAdmin and select the database for the Joomla! site in the left-hand drop-down list box. This will show the database tables on the left side of the screen.

Click on the table "jos_users" in the list of tables.

Click on the "Browse" button in the top toolbar. This will show all of the users that are set up for this site.
Find the user whose password you want to change and press the Edit icon for this row.

A form will display that allows you to edit the password field. Copy the value

d2064d358136996bd22421584a7cb33e:trd7TvKHx6dMeoMmBVxYmg0vuXEA4199

into the password field and press the Go button. phpMyAdmin should display the message "Affected rows: 1". At this point, the password should be changed to "secret".

Log in with this user and password and change the password of this user to a secure value. Check all of the users using the User Manager to make sure they are legitimate. If you have been hacked, you may want to change all of the passwords on the site.
Re: Help, I Cant Login To Joomla Admin Page by dhtml7(m): 7:32pm On Sep 02, 2011
This is very crazy. . .
Re: Help, I Cant Login To Joomla Admin Page by toluxa1(m): 5:04pm On Sep 12, 2011
thanks yawa-ti-de, afam and co. for all the help but chiwex's solution is EXACTLY what I needed. Thanks so much chiwex, worked like juju.
Re: Help, I Cant Login To Joomla Admin Page by yawatide(f): 5:23pm On Sep 12, 2011
he he, toluxa, yep, me sef follow learn something today.

Thanks chiwex smiley
Re: Help, I Cant Login To Joomla Admin Page by toluxa1(m): 6:24pm On Sep 12, 2011
Haha, Na so oo, One Love Bro!

(1) (Reply)

How To Enhance & Increase Pageviews On Your New Blog For Your Online Store / I Won’t Stop Attacking Nigerian Websites –irish Hacker / Little Tips To Stand Out From The 100 Million Blogs On The Web

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.