Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos (1955 Views)

Kesmira Autos Presents This Beautiful Tokunboh Peugeot 206 For Sale (cheap) / Mustang Gt 2014 Custom For Sale (autos) / Do You Know You Can Buy A Car & Pay On Installment @ Banix Autos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by Holi(m): 2:37pm On Dec 16, 2022
Oloworay Autos is a registered car dealer in Nigeria. Their branches are in Akure, Lagos and Abuja. The head office is in Lagos and it controls other branches.

My ugly experience started when I was looking for a car to buy for Uber after collecting a loan. A friend of mine recommended them to me, that their cars are good irrespective of the location.
I checked their site online and saw a KIA Cerato(Nigerian used) 2009 model within my budget that was advertised at their Akure car stand. I visited their Lagos office and I was assured that the car is in a good and perfect condition. I spoke with their Admin at Akure who assured me that everything is okay. I was asked to pay and assured that I will be refunded if the car did not meet the standard advertised. That they are a registered and reputable company that I don't have anything to worry about.

I paid for the car in August 2022(my major mistake). The delivery of the car was delayed for more than a month, they will be coming up with one story to another, that I should be patience with them, that the car is on the way. It took them more than a month to deliver a car fully paid for within Nigeria. When I was asked to come and pick the car at their Lagos office in September, I realised the AC is not working, the engine very bad, and the car is 2008 model instead of 2009 model advertised. I refused to collect the car because it contradicts the assurance they gave me before I made payment.

I was told that they will not refund me, they tried forcing me to pay more money so that they will give me another vehicle, which I refused because the trust I have for them has been compromised.

I reported the matter to Lagos state mediation centre at Alausa. The two parties were summoned in September. They came with a lawyer rather than looking for a way to balance me my money. After the mediation, all parties agreed that I would be refunded within a week.

Till date, they only paid back only N500,000 out of the N1,450,000 that they're supposed to refund back, without considering my lost as regards to naira value and the loan i have to service. They are doing all these because they think they're above the law or probably cos they know one or two people in high places, but nevertheless, I'm not going to be intimidated by whatever they have, because this is not a way to make Nigeria better.

Many people will be looking for a place to purchase a car this season, they should be mindful of the company so that they won't fall a victim this festive period. Their online presence and adverts is so convincing, but please don't fall a victim.
They promise nationwide delivery on their adverts, but please thread with caution while dealing with them so as not to fall a victim.

From Emmanuel

6 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by Eleken: 2:41pm On Dec 16, 2022
hmmm
Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by Eleken: 2:42pm On Dec 16, 2022
mod should help you push it to FP

8 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 16, 2022
Hmmm... We beseech God to settle your matter lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by Pickmycall: 3:20pm On Dec 16, 2022
I have stopped buying and paying for goods online.Nigerian online merchants are dubious.Na so jumia sell dtv cable give me wey no dey work at all.
If you no take time na phishing sites you go enter them go hack your debit card.

12 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by Holi(m): 3:46pm On Dec 16, 2022
Amen
Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by Holi(m): 3:47pm On Dec 16, 2022
UnusualEmissary:
Hmmm... We beseech God to settle your matter lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided
Amen

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by Holi(m): 3:49pm On Dec 16, 2022
Pickmycall:
I have stopped buying and paying for goods online.Nigerian online merchants are dubious.Na so jumia sell dtv cable give me wey no dey work at all.
If you no take time na phishing sites you go enter them go hack your debit card.
It's a mistake that will never happen in my life again. And I want others to learn from it.

5 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by Holi(m): 3:54pm On Dec 16, 2022
Eleken:
mod should help you push it to FP
Admin please help and push to FP for others to learn.
Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by ACRI: 4:19pm On Dec 16, 2022
Don’t pay for anything online no matter how convincing!
If you inspect physically gan you can still buy rubbish not to talk of trusting strangers

I did it in the past since then I learnt my lesson. If you can collect your money by any means please use it

10 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by abrahambest(m): 4:19pm On Dec 16, 2022
Too bad

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by Holi(m): 4:20pm On Dec 16, 2022
ACRI:
Don’t pay for anything online no matter how convincing!
If you inspect physically gan you can still buy rubbish not to talk of trusting strangers

I did it in the past since then I learnt my lesson. If you can collect your money by any means please use it
Lessons well learnt. Thanks for the advice.
Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by thegame(m): 9:07pm On Dec 16, 2022
Lesson learnt but it is not a new lesson. Never pay for a car without physically inspecting it. If it is not in your location, look away.
The ones you physically inspect are even problematic, not to talk of phone inspection. They were probably fixing the car before bringing to you in Lagos, hence the delay from the dubious people.

God will punish them but you must also collect your money in full. b@stards

6 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by engeen(m): 11:09pm On Dec 16, 2022
Please post this on their Instagram page to warm others.
Holi:
Oloworay Autos is a registered car dealer in Nigeria. Their branches are in Akure, Lagos and Abuja. The head office is in Lagos and it controls other branches.

My ugly experience started when I was looking for a car to buy for Uber after collecting a loan. A friend of mine recommended them to me, that their cars are good irrespective of the location.
I checked their site online and saw a KIA Cerato(Nigerian used) 2009 model within my budget that was advertised at their Akure car stand. I visited their Lagos office and I was assured that the car is in a good and perfect condition. I spoke with their Admin at Akure who assured me that everything is okay. I was asked to pay and assured that I will be refunded if the car did not meet the standard advertised. That they are a registered and reputable company that I don't have anything to worry about.

I paid for the car in August 2022(my major mistake). The delivery of the car was delayed for more than a month, they will be coming up with one story to another, that I should be patience with them, that the car is on the way. It took them more than a month to deliver a car fully paid for within Nigeria. When I was asked to come and pick the car at their Lagos office in September, I realised the AC is not working, the engine very bad, and the car is 2008 model instead of 2009 model advertised. I refused to collect the car because it contradicts the assurance they gave me before I made payment.

I was told that they will not refund me, they tried forcing me to pay more money so that they will give me another vehicle, which I refused because the trust I have for them has been compromised.

I reported the matter to Lagos state mediation centre at Alausa. The two parties were summoned in September. They came with a lawyer rather than looking for a way to balance me my money. After the mediation, all parties agreed that I would be refunded within a week.

Till date, they only paid back only N500,000 out of the N1,450,000 that they're supposed to refund back, without considering my lost as regards to naira value and the loan i have to service. They are doing all these because they think they're above the law or probably cos they know one or two people in high places, but nevertheless, I'm not going to be intimidated by whatever they have, because this is not a way to make Nigeria better.

Many people will be looking for a place to purchase a car this season, they should be mindful of the company so that they won't fall a victim this festive period. Their online presence and adverts is so convincing, but please don't fall a victim.
They promise nationwide delivery on their adverts, but please thread with caution while dealing with them so as not to fall a victim.

From Emmanuel

Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by Itsrm(m): 11:33pm On Dec 16, 2022
engeen:

Waste of time. It will be deleted and his account blocked

4 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by yusufidoko: 12:43am On Dec 17, 2022
Some car dealers use juju to convince customers beware.

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by Ovieemmanuel: 1:51am On Dec 17, 2022
Kindly drop their number . Everyone should try and place a call everyday as regards this.

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by tsnoop(m): 2:05am On Dec 17, 2022
As a car dealer I always advise everyone to inspect the car physically or send someone you trust n that's honest to inspect the car for you before paying...

Forget about say company get big name..just focus on what you want to buy n verify everything before paying n it's not a must you buy from company because of name oo

I pray you win the case n get ur Money back

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by occfx: 5:53am On Dec 17, 2022
Just go where the car is, inspect it and zoom off with it. E get somethings we dey buy online not Nigerian used car.

4 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by Holi(m): 6:44am On Dec 17, 2022
Ovieemmanuel:
Kindly drop their number . Everyone should try and place a call everyday as regards this.
0806 615 4051
Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by Holi(m): 6:45am On Dec 17, 2022
tsnoop:
As a car dealer I always advise everyone to inspect the car physically or send someone you trust n that's honest to inspect the car for you before paying...

Forget about say company get big name..just focus on what you want to buy n verify everything before paying n it's not a must you buy from company because of name oo

I pray you win the case n get ur Money back
Amen.
Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by zera(m): 7:01am On Dec 17, 2022
MOD please push to front page

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 17, 2022
Just track the person you feel is sitting on your money, and take his life after taking his family's life in front of his face... without being seen of course to avoid you going to jail and you can hire someone to do it...and let him know it's because of the money (greed) he is losing everything he has

Case closed

6 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by Holi(m): 12:05pm On Dec 17, 2022
engeen:
Thanks. I will do that now.
Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by lokotamak(m): 4:32pm On Dec 17, 2022
Antimarraige:
Just track the person you feel is sitting on your money, and take his life after taking his family's life in front of his face... without being seen of course to avoid you going to jail and you can hire someone to do it...and let him know it's because of the money (greed) he is losing everything he has

Case closed
cheesy cheesy cheesy
This judgement choke ooo

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 17, 2022
A whole 950k gone like DAT op pls carry soilder go there make dem beat all of dem.
Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by Holi(m): 5:02pm On Dec 20, 2022
Niftkid:
A whole 950k gone like DAT op pls carry soilder go there make dem beat all of dem.

People are heartless
Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by Oloworay: 7:44am On Jan 28, 2023
We are sorry for the inconvenience. There was an inspection error. Car engine was damaged on transit, during delivery. We took all responsibilities, engine was replaced and refunds were made appropriately.
Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by Holi(m): 9:38am On Jan 28, 2023
Oloworay:
We are sorry for the inconvenience. There was an inspection error. Car engine was damaged on transit, during delivery. We took all responsibilities, engine was replaced and refunds were made appropriately.
Please refund me my full money Oloworay Autos

I plead with the Admin and everyone here to help me tell this people to refund me my complete money.

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by Donedeal1(m): 9:59am On Jan 28, 2023
Automobile is a dicey matter

Maybe the owner had collected the payments

The car developed fault in transit

The engine replaced or repaired

But kia
Hyundai
Rio
etc
Are very risky.
Cooperate for resolution.

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by Holi(m): 10:03am On Jan 28, 2023
For a car that I saw at their stand?

Do you think I will pay if I was told that they going to use my money to buy from the owner?
Re: My Ugly Experience With Oloworay Autos by Holi(m): 10:04am On Jan 28, 2023
Donedeal1:
Automobile is a dicey matter

Maybe the owner had collected the payments

The car developed fault in transit

The engine replaced or repaired

But kia
Hyundai
Rio
etc
Are very risky.
Cooperate for resolution.
For a car that I saw at their stand?

Do you think I will pay if I was told that they going to use my money to buy from the owner?

(1) (2) (Reply)

SOLD OUT Registered 2015 Mercedes-Benz Ml350 N12.350mil Ajah / Waste/refuse/gabbage Truck For Sale - Just Arrived From USA / MET With Osina Nwata Buru Ogalanya 1 Of Nairaland Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.