Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan (2828 Views)

Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians / Pro-jonathan Come Let Us Pray / Let Us Pray For Asup Meeting Coming Up Tomorrow 24th June, 2013. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by OAM4J: 3:26am On Aug 31, 2011
[size=13pt]Security: Let us pray —Jonathan[/size]

TONY AILEMEN, Abuja

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday charged the Muslim Ummah to pray for the nation to overcome the current challenges it is passing through.
He gave this charge when the Muslim Community in Abuja led by Vice President Namadi Sambo paid him the traditional Sallah homage at the Presidential villa, Abuja.

The President who wore a blue Babanriga and cap to match said he was participating in the fasting for the fifth time and noted that it takes sacrifice to fast through the whole month.

"First let me sincerely congratulate all the Muslim Ummah for successfully bringing the ramadan fast to an end in line with the tenets of Islamic religion.

"It is not an easy to fast for a month and having participated in if for the past five years,I know that it takes a lot of sacrifice, commitment, dedication and faith to do that successfully.

Adding that "We are happy that the Ramadan fast has come to an end and the Muslims Ummah have been able to keep faith with that. And we believe that this is the period being an holy month that will also transform us as individual sand as a nation.

The President stated that he interacted with quite a number of Muslims during the Ramadan period, adding that he even hosted some people during the break fast sessions and listened to radio and television commentaries on the Ramadan and was convinced that this is a period where people have to be our brothers keepers irrespective of the language or the part of the world or country we come from.

"It is a period that Allah has made it possible for us interact" he said.

He noted that Allah had a reason for creating us differently and the diversity should be used to develop the country.

According to him, "If we look at ourselves, some of us are tall, some are short, some are fair, some are dark and all is designed by Allah. If Allah wanted all of us to be of the same height, we would have been the same height. So there is a reason for the diversity and the diversity should be used help us develop not to separate us" he said.

The President therefore, charged them to continue praying for the country even though the Ramadan period was over.

He said "We thank all of you and we know as a nation we have challenges within this period, all Nigerians are clamoring for development, we need employment for our young people, we need power for our household use, commercial and industrial activities, we need fold for our people, we need security for those who want to move around safely from one point to another. All these are possible if all of us collectively call on Allah to make it possible.

"All the break fast sessions I used it to urge on our Muslims brothers to pray for the development, economic growth, peace and security in the land so that we will get foreign direct investments. No country stands on its own now even the giant countries need to live with other countries, they even send their own people out more even the richer countries, no one nation is an island. And for us go get attracted then we must maintain peace and security in the country

"I urge you to continue to pray even though the Ramadan has come to an end, continue to pray that the commitment of this country that myself and the Vice President and others have made to transform this country comes to a fruition.

"No matter the efforts we make we are humans and if Allah does not sanction it, it will not work. We believe that with your prayers things will be well in this country".

Also speaking at the ceremony leader of the group, Vice President Namadi Sambo prayed that the lesson gained during this period of fasting will continue to assist the country in ensuring a lasting peace for Nigeria.

He also seized the opportunity to pray for good health and wisdom for the president and that "Mr. President will lead us and transform this country as we have already been witnessing within this short period and pray also that we have peace, love, progressive and poverty is driven out of this country".

He also commiserated with victims of the "recent heinous violent attack at the United Nation’s office in Nigeria and the world in general and prayed that this act will be stopped by the grace of Almighty Allah".

On the delegation were the two ministers of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Bala Mohamed and Olajumoke Akinjide; former PDP chairman, Ahmadu Ali, Corps Marshal of the Federal road Safety Commission (FRSC), Osita Chidoka; and Chief Imam of National Mosque, Ibrahim Mohammed as well as Chief of Naval Staff, Ola Ibrahim, Chief of Air Staff, Ibrahim Dikko, Inspector General of Police, Hafiz Ringim and principal staff of the Presidential villa.

http://www.champion.com.ng/displaycontent.asp?pid=12235
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by Nobody: 3:32am On Aug 31, 2011
What a fool.

This is like praying for protection and well-being while building a house in the middle of a train track.
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by mekaboy(m): 4:04am On Aug 31, 2011
I see nothing wrong with this? The president is just trying to promote peace and equality.in other words, he mentioned the the problems of Nigeria and is asking the muslims to allow him to concentrate and solve these problems.
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by asunaobi(m): 4:16am On Aug 31, 2011
This man is 2 civilised for Nigeria.
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by umechuma: 4:21am On Aug 31, 2011
We don't need prayers to deal with terrorist,we need to kill them before they bomb us while praying.Enough of this carrot and stick approach on terrorist!!
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by Beaf: 4:23am On Aug 31, 2011
It is normal and expected to tell people to pray at religious gatherings.

asunaobi:

This man is 2 civilised for Nigeria.

Sad, but true.
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by lagcity(m): 4:36am On Aug 31, 2011
Not Bad. Papa Jona chose his words carefully and i'm impressed, especially with the Allah created diversity talk. Good job Jona! cool Jona needs to shore up enough soft power/goodwill with muslims and northerners so that they won't frustrate his efforts or see his actions as "anti muslim/north" when he begins to crack some harami skulls and that of their influential godfathers.
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by seanet02: 4:46am On Aug 31, 2011
What Nonsense?
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by TenKobo1: 4:50am On Aug 31, 2011
Some are just realising that they voted in a fool to rule over them.
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by lagcity(m): 5:15am On Aug 31, 2011
enough with the Jonathan bashing. Let face the IG and the heads of security agencies. they are the ones dropping the ball.
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by PointB: 5:18am On Aug 31, 2011
Spot on GEJ. Those who pray against terrorism will be vigilant against it, and of course withdrawn their support!
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by 9jafreak: 5:57am On Aug 31, 2011
Na today
we don dey pray?
Nigerians no dey tire
for all these ceasless palava?
Abeg save your stress
If God dey recess
since Nineteen Sixty
when we don they clamour for peace and prosperity
na today Baba Jehovah go send the Manna?
If na only cry Hannah cry no sleep with Elkanah
Samuel for become their newborn baby?
Or is Nigeria now the Virgin Mary?
With all that religious and political corruption?
Chai, our people don chop enough concoction!

Politics and Religion are the masks corruption
uses to numb the Masses into delusion and utter subjection.

Fellow Nigerians: you better wake up
before the break up!
And just in case you are thinking a breakup will be better
Think again: BIG BROTHER GOES, BIG BROTHER RETURNS. Any which way, LONG LIVE THE BIG BROTHER!

---O.S. Emmanuel (ARISE & SHINE YOUR *EYES* of UNDERSTANDING, Understanding the Times ---not the Paper/Media)
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by 9jafreak: 6:27am On Aug 31, 2011

The only Prayer Nigeria needs is for COMMON SENSE to prevail.
To expect God to do for man what man can do for himself is the pinnacle of all foolery.
The Highest form of insanity is to do the same thing again and again and expect a different result.

It is madness. No other word for it.

Please DO NOT not listen to Mr. President. He is only interested in securing political points. He knows, like the rest of us, that prayers alone wouldn't change a thing. Why is he not telling the religious leaders the truth?
DO NOT LISTEN to the so-called Men and women of God: They are only interested in securing and proctecting their greed-inspired earthly empires.

But their days are all numbered!
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by wazobiang: 7:23am On Aug 31, 2011
hai! we are doomed now. this guy does not understand what leadership is all about. pray!? was prayers part of the presidential campaign and election? i have not seen a president faced with bombing or terrorism that resorted to prayers.
this guy wants to make me talk like an unbeliever but it is annoying to hear him say "lets pray".

is it prayer that he used to win the last nigerian presidential election? now that it is bombing time and our entrails are getting blown all over the place, he's saying "lets pray".

to get there he would do anything but to save us as our president, he has abandoned us to our fate. well a people deserves the leader they get.
LET US PRAY!
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by olaolabiy: 8:04am On Aug 31, 2011
grin grin
So convenient.

They are asking Nigerians to pray again? Gowon did too. If they truly believe in God why do they steal so recklessly. The other day one went to church to ask for help (prayer?) in order to complete Lagos-Ibadan expressway.

These people are clowns.

Hilarious.
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by tunnytox(m): 8:07am On Aug 31, 2011
na today? even when OBJ was asked how he's going to solve Nigeria's electricity problem he replied that he need prayers from Nigerians grin grin they knew how guilible many Nigerians are and i'm sure many of his supporters will be hailing him after hearing this call for prayers! deluded zombies
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 31, 2011
wazobia-ng:

hai! we are doomed now. this guy does not understand what leadership is all about. pray!? was prayers part of the presidential campaign and election? i have not seen a president faced with bombing or terrorism that resorted to prayers.
this guy wants to make me talk like an unbeliever but it is annoying to hear him say "lets pray".

is it prayer that he used to win the last nigerian presidential election? now that it is bombing time and our entrails are getting blown all over the place, he's saying "lets pray".

to get there he would do anything but to save us as our president, he has abandoned us to our fate. well a people deserves the leader they get.
LET US PRAY!

U re right. We re doomed! Doomed, i tell u. Wot a mess. Woteva happens 2 d proverb wich saygs ''an eye 4 an eye, n a tooth 4 a tooth''?
God can't come down n help us, he had beta start livin up 2 responsibility else he resigns. Wot nonsense. Doom!!
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by olaolabiy: 8:12am On Aug 31, 2011
Nigerians are praying why some politicians have children in some private secondary schools in the UK paying up to 8 million tuition/year.

Even the people who brought these religions enslaved, maimed and killed our forefathers. Now, we are dying to uphold the tenets of these religions. Pray pray pray.

O ga oo. Something is truly seedy about us.
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by balium(m): 8:25am On Aug 31, 2011
prayer and prayers.we nigerians think we are very religious but in the real sense we are not.we go to churches and mosques to pray and we still dont practice what they teach.how will u explain an armed robber that prays for mercy and guidance right b4 going for an operation and that one too will say i am religious.pastors and alfa impregnating followers and yet they are religious.governors them steal money and still go to holy land for mercies and in bracket we are all religious.we nigerians love to pray and yet dont do the good stuffs we are suppose to be doing and maybe that why God is even punishing us for the atrocities we commit and still pray to him to help us commit them[religious my foot]
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by symbianDON(m): 9:03am On Aug 31, 2011
ola olabiy:

grin grin
So convenient.

They are asking Nigerians to pray again? Gowon did too. If they truly believe in God why do they steal so recklessly. The other day one went to church to ask for help (prayer?) in order to complete Lagos-Ibadan expressway.

These people are clowns.

Hilarious.

kaiiii! diz guy na bad guy o! laff wan kill me so tay my early mornin akamu don troway. which kain wahala b diz now?!!
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by pokur: 10:53am On Aug 31, 2011
Any catholic on this board will tell u we've bn praying for Nigeria in distress since 1993,still things have not really changed.God can only help us avert a serious calamity that is beyond our ability to cope,as to the rest the maxim 'Heaven help those who helps themselves' holds true.We currently have issues which we can solve ourselves without God coming down from His abode to do it for us,so if Jonathan feel he can't cope,let him resign n stop taking us for a ride.
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by gossips(f): 11:52am On Aug 31, 2011
so much for all the promises he vomitted during his campaign.
i think it has got to the point where whatever this president says becomes a pain in one's nerve.
and i don't blame anybody for feeling so.

"It is not an easy to fast for a month and having participated in if for the past five years,I know that it takes a lot of sacrifice, commitment, dedication and faith to do that successfully.

but i like the fact that he mentioned that he's been there for five
so please, people who make excuses for him by arguing that he has only spent a few months there should seriously have a rethink.
i personally think GEJ isn't meant for responsibilities beyond the confinement of the home and classroom.
he just doesn't fit into a big task as heading a country.(my opinion)

i just hope that for the sake of the suffering masses, something good happens
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by Gbenge77(m): 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2011
Prayers;Nigeria needs lots of it.
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by LoveKing(m): 5:28pm On Aug 31, 2011
prayer is the common substitute for incompetence
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by dayokanu(m): 5:35pm On Aug 31, 2011
Lets pray for terrorist and criminals to come out and confess
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by aletheia(m): 8:57pm On Aug 31, 2011
There are a bunch of illiterate dolts on this thread who are incapable of reading and processing the news article:

1. Ileke-IdI
2. seanet02
3. Ten Kobo
4. wazobia-ng
5. ola olabiy
6. tunnytox
7. Floxyluv
8. gossips
9. dayokanu

More idiots will presently show up to comment without reading the article in question.
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by deadie(m): 9:22pm On Aug 31, 2011
Yea, pray to the imaginary Allah, God, Mohammed and Jesus to come down to earth let's see them. I wonder who they are hiding from while perpetuating evil: Tsunami, earthquake, Hurricane, famine, etc. This imaginary being is more wicked than all the evil men combined together. I am beginning to think that this God, Allah and Satan are all one and the same creature.
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by violent(m): 9:35pm On Aug 31, 2011
George Bush on 9/11:

"THIS IS AN ACT OF WAR AGAINST D UNITED STATES. WE'LL HUNT DOWN D TERRORISTS. THEY CAN RUN BUT THEY CANT HIDE, "

Gordon Brown on 7/7:

"WE'LL TRACK DOWN D TERRORISTS AND BRING THEM TO JUSTICE"

Goodluck Johnathan on UN House bombing:

"TERRORISM IS A GLOBAL PHENOMENON. MAYBE IT'S NIGERIA'S TURN"

. . . .now who's the clown?
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by olaolabiy: 9:51pm On Aug 31, 2011
aletheia:

There are a bunch of illiterate dolts on this thread who are incapable of reading and processing the news article:

1. Ileke-IdI
2. seanet02
3. Ten Kobo
4. wazobia-ng
5. ola olabiy
6. tunnytox
7. Floxyluv
8. gossips
9. dayokanu

More idiots will presently show up to comment without reading the article in question.
Are you dopey? Effing i.diot.

Scab!
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by tunnytox(m): 9:52pm On Aug 31, 2011
aletheia:

1. Ileke-IdI
2. seanet02
3. Ten Kobo
4. wazobia-ng
5. ola olabiy
6. tunnytox
7. Floxyluv
8. gossips
9. dayokanu

You're a stupeed fool its obvious you read the article upside down, you must be a product of PDP education system
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by olaolabiy: 9:53pm On Aug 31, 2011
aletheia:

1. Ileke-IdI
2. seanet02
3. Ten Kobo
4. wazobia-ng
5. ola olabiy
6. tunnytox
7. Floxyluv
8. gossips
9. dayokanu

You are a mule. Weirdo.
Effing airhead.

Come back here and let's do it. I.diot!
Re: Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan by olaolabiy: 9:56pm On Aug 31, 2011
aletheia:

1. Ileke-IdI
2. seanet02
3. Ten Kobo
4. wazobia-ng
5. ola olabiy
6. tunnytox
7. Floxyluv
8. gossips
9. dayokanu

I am waiting for you, i.diot

(1) (2) (Reply)

How North Sidelines S/west In Civil Service * No South Westerner In Top Ten / Military Takeover Imminent In Nigeria - SENATOR DECLARES!! / After Dancing Kirikata, Kirikata Many Nigerians Have Not Ported, See Why – SAKA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.