Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio (1602 Views)

Tinubu Asks Security Agencies To Caution Obi Over Inciting Comments / NBC Sanctions Brekete Family Radio For Recurring Unprofessional Conduct / Sowore: SERAP, 48 CSOs Calls On UN, AU To Caution FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by FullBlastLight: 5:10am On Dec 17, 2022
Arewa Youth Organisation Calls on FG to Caution Ahmed Isah, Brekete Family Radio, Gives Reasons

The Arewa Youth Assembly has called on the Federal Government to act fast and caution a human rights activist and chief anchor of the Brekete Family Radion, Ahmed Isah.

Speaking at a press conference on Friday, December 16, the publicity secretary of the organisation, Ali Muhammad, accused Isah, popularly known as Ordinary President, of professional misconduct and positioning himself as a constituted authority.

Muhammad also alleging that Isah had used his platform to malign the integrity and reputation of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and its key staff; the immediate past president of the Nigerian Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick among others have continued to pose as an assault to the nation's judiciary.

Muhammad citing a case of Gudaji Kazaure, a lawmaker of the House of Representatives who raised alarm over perceived corruption within the Central Bank of Nigeria , said Isah has made his station available for maligning public figures and reputable government agencies.

He said:

"We wonder what or who has given Ahmed Isa this much power to a point of calling himself a President, using his radio house as a courtroom, where various cases are heard and verdicts and passed with him as the lawyer and the judge as well.

"He thinks of himself as so powerful that he can decide to call any calibre of Nigerian whenever he wishes to, not minding the nature of work and how busy the individual could be at that material time.

He alone has taken up the responsibility of acting as the commander in chief of our dear country, continuously undermining and making a mockery of the office and person of President Muhammadu Buhari severally as was seen in the case of the ASUU strike, where he was quoted to have said he would pay up ASUU, inciting Nigerians against their one, and true President.

"With the way things are going, if Ahmed Isa is left unchecked, we might one day witness a coup de tat, Ahmad Isa is power drunk and can do unseen things to acquire it, since he has undermined every legally constituted authority in this country."

Arewa Youths Assembly's prayers to FG:

Making the demands known, the organisation urged the FG to ensure that Nigeria's broadcasting codes are strictly adhered to while punishing those that veered off with full wrath of the law.

Alleging that Isah seems to be forming a parallel government in Nigeria, Muhammad called on the Nigerian government and all security agencies to look into the activities of the broadcaster and the Berkete family to authenticate their source of funding and their overall activities.

He added:

"The Arewa Youth Assembly is vigilant, attentively paying attention, hence calling with a strong voice of caution on those individuals who go to the Brekete radio house to not discuss sensitive national issues that are capable of causing chaos, disorderliness or incite the youths to violence."

Ahmed Isah reacts...

Speaking to Legit.ng, Isah said although he doubts the authenticity of the organisation making the claims, he would, however, appreciate it if they point to the section of the broadcasting code he has violated.
His words:

"I am human and I keep saying it I am not perfect, I am ready to make amends where necessary. Let them identify the sections of the code I have breached and if there is a need for me to make corrections, I take them. I am not a perfect human being.

"I say this all the time, I am only being moved by the zeal to see a better society in Nigeria."

Also, stating that the attack on his person and his broadcast station is sponsored by some supposedly high and mighty corrupt Nigerians, Isa says he is optimistic that Nigeria will become a better place once the country is rid of corruption.

Isa added:

"It is corruption that is fighting back, the table is shaking and it is affecting a lot of people. Again, the target is for the radio stations to shut down, we've never had it this bad but will we get it right."

Also addressing some of the issues raised by the organisation, Isa for every issue handled by his radio station, his team make a concrete effort to balance their reporting.

He said:

"On Pinnick's allegation, I reached out to Pinnick to hear his own side of the story same with that of the CBN and its governor, Godwin Emefiele and that is what we always do - seek balance."

FG backtracks, announces suspension of shut down of broadcast stations

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that the National Broadcasting Commission has suspended the shutdown of some broadcast stations across Nigeria over the failure to renew their broadcasting licences.

NBC had on Friday, August 19, issued a shutdown notice to the licensees including DAAR Communications Ltd and Silverbird TV/Rhythm FM and others that are indebted to the commission.

However, a statement signed by NBC's director-general, Balarabe Shehu Ilelah, said the commission would be reneging on its initial declaration.

NBC revokes licences of Silverbird, AIT, Raypower, Rhythm FM, gives them 24 hours to shut down

The National Broadcasting Commission had taken strong action against 52 radio and TV stations across the country.

A statement by the commission indicates that it has revoked the licenses of Silverbird TV, AIT, and others over failure to renew their broadcast licences.

The media stations, according to the NBC, have also been given 24 hours to shut down their operations.

https://www.legit.ng/nigeria/1509972-arewa-youth-organisation-calls-fg-caution-ahmed-isah-brekete-family-radio-reasons/

Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by Freestainworld(m): 5:18am On Dec 17, 2022
This Arewa people no get problem, aswear

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by pafra(m): 5:34am On Dec 17, 2022
F
Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by SmartPolician: 5:45am On Dec 17, 2022
These northerners are just a bunch of annoyingly sick people!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by Zonefree(m): 5:51am On Dec 17, 2022
Seems Ahmed Isa is pressing their necks rigourously.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by ceragon123: 6:07am On Dec 17, 2022
Ordinary is trying to be a fencist in this upcoming election yet they are still attacking him. If he has gone ahead to support the People's choice as he promised earlier this year, by now they would have burnt that place down.

I pray for him because so many big People hate him so much

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by tempest01(m): 6:22am On Dec 17, 2022
These Jobbers will stain the work of the real CSO,s.
Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by Richy4(m): 6:22am On Dec 17, 2022
But I heard that the guy helps ordinary individual whom nobody would have dreamt of helping in the country...

Is that how some group of people want their fellow citizens to suffer because of their selfish interest in the country?

3 Likes

Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by femisplash: 6:25am On Dec 17, 2022
He openly slapped a man during his show and got way with it, he arrogates so much power to himself thinking himself as an authority. I fear how dangerous he would be if he comes close to power. He needs to be tamed.
Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by matrixme(m): 6:26am On Dec 17, 2022
First of all, Hausa people are fond of suppressing human rights. That's a given. You could literally be undergoing abuse in their different hierarchies especially as an underdog or a woman, but you must not open up, as is against the norm.
Back to Ordinary President, I will have to agree with their standpoint on this matter. Only those who don't live in Abuja and its environs, who don't follow his Radio and TV programmes don't know how much power he carries.
the man is like a mini-god in this part of the country. He literally has worshippers.
and yes, he pleasures on media trial. He could one day give commend to many of his minions to go lynch someone they perceive as bad or corrupt and they will see it as a righteous command. I agree that he is doing so much for the less-privileged; but it is a terrible thing if someone with influence has manipulative tendencies.
We all know the story of how he slapped a wicked girl on TV and went away with it. The man needs to be checked. His influence is growing beyond control.
Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by Kastonkastroll(m): 6:27am On Dec 17, 2022
98% of Nigerians are very foolish people
Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by duality(m): 6:30am On Dec 17, 2022
They printed a big banner with his picture?
Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by worldTina(f): 6:47am On Dec 17, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by Urheadmaster(m): 6:57am On Dec 17, 2022
Zonefree:
Seems Ahmed Isa is pressing their necks rigourously.

Ahmed Isa Sabi yap people very well.

He doesn't care who you are tongue

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by Preferito(m): 7:11am On Dec 17, 2022
He was fined and suspended for a month when he slapped the lady. He was also remorseful about the incident. In fact the said incident did not happen on air. When it happened he quickly realized his mistake and apologized. He even pleaded with the person who recorded it to let go of it. But you know that blackmailers are always looking for any slight opportunity. Of a truth the lady is really devilish. Why will she burn her niece's hair all because she was told that the niece was possessed. I hope you know how much money Ahmed Isah spent on the niece to fix her rotting head. The lady deserved more than a slap but journalism profession does not permit any physical attack.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by FrancescoFarino(f): 7:15am On Dec 17, 2022
AREWA youths self like wahala
Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by FrancescoFarino(f): 7:16am On Dec 17, 2022
AREWA youths self like wahala....
Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by Asquare84(m): 7:28am On Dec 17, 2022
Where is this mushrooms group coming from again na

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by jumper524(m): 7:42am On Dec 17, 2022
This is either a news paid by one top elite or a regular non existing news. That area organisation is non existent

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by Obidient4life2: 8:19am On Dec 17, 2022
Arewa clowns!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by Seefinish: 8:48am On Dec 17, 2022
Those of us who lives in Abuja and listening to that program knows that Ordinary Ahmed Isa is fair to everyone.
The so called Arewa Youths have never spoken against 12 million almajiri children roaming the streets here in the north. They never spoken against banditry and herdsmen killings in the north. But to hold a useless press conference and talked of something irrelevant.
May God continue to bless the ordinary Ahmed Isa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by tungamaje: 8:55am On Dec 17, 2022
I have followed this man's radio programs and I can say he is the kind of person present day Nigeria needs. A man who is selfless, fearless and who has the zeal for the right things to be done. It's because we don't have such leaders that we are facing the current downward trend in every sphere. In the Nigerian society, I have realized that if you bring yourself out to do the right thing, you would rather create enemies for yourself. But the encouraging part of the Ordinary President's saga is that ordinary Nigerians see him as a beacon of hope, that God can one day raise a humble, caring, selfless leader who would be firm and make sure the right things are done

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by GHOSTTALK: 9:02am On Dec 17, 2022
femisplash:
He openly slapped a man during his show and got way with it, he arrogates so much power to himself thinking himself as an authority. I fear how dangerous he would be if he comes close to power. He needs to be tamed.
please do well to know what happened before you say a thing like this...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by Mandate2023: 9:06am On Dec 17, 2022
Wetin make tinubu come do, person wey all sort of hungry dogs and cat on across social media will insult including asleep tv and some mumu newspapers grin grin grin
Re: Arewa Youth Organisation Urges FG To Caution Ahmed Isa, Berekete Family Radio by FullBlastLight: 11:13am On Dec 17, 2022
Kastonkastroll:
98% of Nigerians are very foolish people

Yap, mostly APC & PDP supporters!

Dude, hope u're not in d equation, though!

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi & Labour Party Are Coming To Lagos / APGA Floors Labour Party In Anambra State Mercilessly / Beating Of Children Is NOT African Culture. It Is Colonial. So Stop It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.