Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Legend Of The Human God: Legacy Transfer - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Legend Of The Human God: Legacy Transfer (778 Views)

Emi(legend Of The Human God): Reboot / Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God / Legend Of Ikogosi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Legend Of The Human God: Legacy Transfer by Devilpen(m): 10:56am On Dec 17, 2022
Legend of the Human God: Legacy Transfer

Written by: Ayomide Shedrach (Devilpen)

Introduction.
Scene: Complete darkness
"Unfortunately, he died without an heir to inherit his power, the promise of the gods eventually came to an end, not because they went back on their promise, but because Remi died without an heir to inherit his power.
How does someone immortal dies?
Do anyone of you realizes the trauma that comes with immortality? Sure, you can achieve all you want, you can become whatever, get whatever and think you have a fulfilling life. But underneath, it's a life filled with traumas and pains.
Your loved ones dying right before you, outliving every of your generations, witnessing wars, deaths. It's a lot more pains than can be explained.
He didnt want this for any of his offspring, so he took the toughest decision. Even with his unending powers, he knew the world would never fall short of protectors. As to how he died, it's a story covered in mystery. WE WILL GET THERE.
The transfer of power started from EMI, to Ireti and to Remi (who had a deep sleep, and woke up to civilization).
Somethings just cant be undone, thus the search for a new power wielder began.

Chapter 1:
My Burden
Man 1: "Let him be, he is not in a good mood"
Man 2: "I could at least try to cheer him up, he has struggled so much"
Man 1: "Leave him, at this point it will out break him, his burden is more than him, his story from grace to grass. Imagine graduating from an Ivy League School, got a good job with crazy figures, then two weeks into that, you lost your parents, still mourning and planning the burial, your twin daughter fell sick and died same day, your wife went into a shock and has been in coma for three years, you got fired, you the discovered all the properties owned by your parents were used as collateral and the little that was left was claimed by government"
Man 2: "If suffering needed a home, he is the right person to stay with"
Man 1: "Truth be told, I dont want him staying here with us, one of these days his bad luck will come for us"
Man 2: "Hmmm, for someone who is going through a whole lot, he still looks good, no one would ever know he is suffering"
Fikayo, a well built man in his late 20's slowly raised his head up and stared at his room mates who were obviously talking about him and took a deep sigh. He ran his right fingers through his red tinted hair and stood up, grabbed his sweater and hung it around his shoulder as he walked out of the room.
Walking down the busy road, with his eyes looking lifeless, and very unaware of his surrounding, his attention was slowly drawn to the little girl that held tight to the hem of his shirt with her right hand and her left hand stretch out
"Brother give me money, I dey hungry" the girl said staring at Fikayo.
Not thinking much about it, Fikayo dipped his hand into his pocket and brought out the last five hundred naira note with him and handed it over to the very skinny girl, who immediately had a bright smile on her face. She grabbed the money and dashed off, shouting at the top of her voice
"Thank you brother" she shouted as she disappeared into the distance.
"Today is my last day on earth anyways" Fiakyo said and had a smile on his face.
Fikayo sighed and resumed his aimless walking and all of a sudden, he felt light headed and fell to the ground.

"You're awake" a shooting feminine voice said
Still trying to adjust his eyes to the light that filled the room, Fikayo spoke
"Did I die? That would have been a good option " he muttered
"Yes, you died and reborn a new man, reborn a demi god" the lady said
For a split second, Fikayo felt a massive energy flow though his body, somehow he felt renewed.
"Stand up, there is a lot of catching up to do, and your wife is to be discharged today"
Fikayo heard the last words and suddenly sat up on the bed, it was then the whole scene was clear to him.
Sitting on the well furnished cushion was a lady who he could tell was about 9 feet tall, well structured legs, her jaw lines were so perfect, it was the best he had ever come across. She smiled brightly at him, the bracelet on her hands felt like they had life in them, he could tell. Her braids fitted so well, it would take an expert to make them with an infinite level of patient.
"Hello Fikayo" she said, this time her voice had a very different tone to it, it was much more intimidating
"What is happening?"
"I'll save you the stress of expaining" she said and snapped her right middle finger and her thumb, which instantly sent Fikayo into a quick trance.
Fikayo collapsed on the bed, breating heavily.
"What you just saw now, is a lifetime of history, lost history"
"Who are you?" Fikayo asked, still trying to catch his breath
"Osoronga, mother of all mothers" she said and stood up "Well that is all, you'll figure out the rest yourself "
"What happened to Remi?" Fikayo asked
"Well, it is not for you to know" she said and had a soft chuckle.
Fikayo opened his eyes and saw himself in the midst of a large crowd, buckets of water were littered around, it was then he realized he had passed out.
"He don wake, make una give am milk and malt" a man from the crowd shouted.
"Was that all a dream" he thought within himself, while two men helped him to his feet.
He felt that same jolt of energy run through him and he could tell everything was real.

3 Likes

Re: Legend Of The Human God: Legacy Transfer by slimsophiediva(f): 8:07am On Dec 18, 2022
More please
Re: Legend Of The Human God: Legacy Transfer by silverlinen(m): 7:25pm On Dec 18, 2022
Devilpen bring us more updates
Re: Legend Of The Human God: Legacy Transfer by Dybala11(m): 8:00pm On Dec 19, 2022
Devilpen is here with another banger, more updates Oga OP.
Re: Legend Of The Human God: Legacy Transfer by Devilpen(m): 7:10pm On Dec 20, 2022
Chapter 2
Selfish Desires
Miracle managed to put on a weak smile, while on the bed as soon as she saw her husband walk into the room. She tried as much as she can to be vocal, somehow she found it impossible.
"I love you too" Fikayo said calmly and sat down next to her.
He reached for her left hand and fondled it tenderly. He took a deep sigh and uncontrollable tears dropped down his eyes. His emotion was torn between being sad and being happy. It was good news his wife was having a steady recovery, and they could fall back and depend on his wife savings until everything gets back to normal. Then there was the other side of his emotion which was grieving his children and every other things he had lost.
There was a long silence, Fikayo trying to figure out the next step to take, where their lives go from here and how he was going to get their life back on track. He looked at his beloved wife and he was moved.
"It only gets better" he said and gently wiped off the tears on her face.
Fikayo walked into one of the rooms in the house and shut the door behind him. He took a deep sigh, forced spit down his throat and rubbed his palms together.
"How does this power work?" He asked himself.
Fikayo sat on the floor, and took a meditation pose, hoping it works out, although he didnt know what to expect, all he was doing was all based on instinct.
He closed his eyes and tried shutting every thought out of his head, and soon he could feel changes on his environment.
"I see the gods has found someone else to place this burden disguise as power on" a masculine voice said.
He opened his eyes and saw a younger man leaning by the window.
"You called me" the man said and stood right.
"You must be.."
"The last holder of that power in you"
"Remi" Fikayo said and stood up "I have a lot to ask, but first, does this power bring people back from the dead?" Fikayo asked.
"And what do you intend? All you should be thinking about is how to get rid of that power"
"Tch. It is an embodiment of pain" Remi replied
"But according to history, this power liberated your village from Esu and other invaders, your village became the starting point of ancient and modern civilization " Fikayo responded.
"Experience will make you understand. Who do you intend of bringing back from the dead?"
"My children" Fikayo replied
Remi sighed. He could tell Fikayo's mind was fixed on doing what he wanted. This power came with a very strong will and determination, until you achieve what you wanted you wouldn't be at rest.
"This power comes with a price. Resurrection is not what I've done, although possible. It comes with a price" Remi answered.
"I'm ready to pay anything"
"Then, your enemy expects you, pay him a visit in hell, you have the power to open portals to worlds, I'm out, I wont be seeing you in a very long time" Remi said and vanished.

2 Likes

Re: Legend Of The Human God: Legacy Transfer by slimsophiediva(f): 7:14pm On Dec 20, 2022
The pressure is getting wessser
Re: Legend Of The Human God: Legacy Transfer by slimsophiediva(f): 3:03pm On Dec 23, 2022
We are waiting for update your majesty
Re: Legend Of The Human God: Legacy Transfer by Devilpen(m): 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2022
Chapter 3
What Master Do You Serve?
"What you look for is not here" Esu said as soon as Fikayo entered into his realm.
Feeling overwhelmed, Fikayo began to breath heavily, every cell in his body was against his visit to hell. He knew what was happening but he was there already and if he didnt get a satisfactory response, he was leaving.
"I know how you feel, that power is a complete opposite of what is here" Esu said and smiled.
Seated on an almost infinite throne that reach up to the red fury clouds of hell. The throne was completely made of human bones that seemed to be alive and in anguish.
"Esu" Fikayo said.
"Isnt it funny, how you all have seen Esu who is the god of mischief as the ring leader of hell, funny isnt it, especially Yorubas"
"I'm not here for talks" Fikayo said and grit his teeth.
"Calm down, learning a bit of history wont hurt will it?" The demon said and smiled "You see, yorubas needed something to qualify evil then choose Esu, only if they knew Esu was not anything close to a demon, but rather a god worthy of worship"
Fikayo began to run out of patience and his body was beginning to move involuntarily out of hell.
"You see, Lucifer is very different from Esu, but do you know why there is the misconception that Esu is Lucifer?"
"Where are my children!" Fikayo screamed
"Blah blah blah, you serve Eledumare the main anchor of Orun, who commands Obatala the source of your power and you think of all places, your children will be in hell? What kind of faith do you have?" The demon asked. "Even I still has Lucifer as my commander, but because he is forever chained in Jedecca until the end of the world, I am in charge, for now, until we have a proper meeting, you can call me Demon Head" Demon Head said and stood up.
"Now leave my realm"
Fikayo opened the door to the living room of his house and was surprised to see his wife, moving around, she looked so healthy no one would have believed she had a rough time and was in coma, she looked so healthy and had gained weight, and her beauty had returned and she looked even better.
"Babe" Fikayo said surprised and ran to hug her.
"I dont know how it happened, but I think I had a dream" she said still hugging her husband. She took a deep breath and continued "A man dressed in casual attire, very tall and huge, walked into my room and offered me a cup of water, said his name was Babalu-Aye, he had his finger in the cup and offered me to drink and when I opened my eyes I could walk and I was completely fine"
Fikayo couldn't hold back his tears. He let them all out like a child who spilled his milk.
"It isnt real right?" His wife asked and broke the hug, staring at Fikayo with a mesmerizing look.
"It was" Fikayo said and took few steps back "I dont know how to explain but" he said and took a deep breath.
Fikayo slowly began to elevate into the air, and slowly lightning began to emerge out of his eyes, then moved to his hands, his skin turned bright blue, and the lightning bolt could be seen running through his vein and channeling through his entire body.
While all these happened, Mirace began to shiver, her body could no longer keep up with the thrill and fear that ran through her body.
"What master did you serve? What did you do to become this?" Miracle asked her husband, while they were both in the kitchen making dinner.
Fikayo took his time to explain everything to her and how he had attempted to get their children back and figured they were in a better place and they had to move on.
"Hmmm, so what now?"
"I dont know"
"But I do know" Miracle said seductively and got closer to her husband who didnt hesitate in placing his hands around her waist and pulled her closer.
"The powers are for you to protect people, you know like every other heroes in this country, they cant be at everywhere at the same time, which means this city is yours to protect and from what you told me, you are meant to be a leader, you know, lead the whole solo heroes in this city" Miracle said
"That is too much of a burden" Fikayo replied
"For the legacy of our children, that aside, he who has and doesnt do is a coward, you always say that" Miracle said and learned in for a kiss.
"Hmmm" Fikayo muttered and broke the kiss "I dont know where to start from"
"First, we get you a job, I still have few strings that could land you a job that still gives you time to do the hero thingy" Miracle said and placed her right palm on Fikayo's face "I love you"
"Love you more"

1 Like

Re: Legend Of The Human God: Legacy Transfer by slimsophiediva(f): 3:17am On Dec 27, 2022
Hmmm

Sounds like a love story with super human
God bless you for the update as Christmas gift

(1) (Reply)

When Nairaland Becomes Entertainment. / Need Some Books / How To Copyright My Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.