Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,893 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Creating Content That Gets Your Business Noticed... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Creating Content That Gets Your Business Noticed... (178 Views)

I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account / This Software Gets Your Article Or Content Viral On The Internet In 3 Minutes!!! / 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Creating Content That Gets Your Business Noticed... by TavershimaAyede(m): 11:00am On Dec 17, 2022
So if you have decided that talking to strangers isn't for you when it comes to developing your business, then there are some viable options open.

One of those is called demand generation where you try to create awareness and interest around your product or service.

These activities are usually carried out online and its goal is to have people find you desirable enough to pick up the phone and start chasing you instead.

This is the dream and it takes all the heartache out of the personal rejection that you get when talking to people face to face and when you have to physically leave your house, go for trade fairs, client meetings, and networking sessions to look for your daily bread.

Unfortunately demand generation isn't without it's problems because it usually boils down to content CREATION and PROMOTION.

Content is the creative media assets that you have to put "out there" for people to discover you and find you intriguing.

Content is blog posts, interviews, podcasts, photos, videos, etc and whatever you can think of that'll make you look pretty, interesting, and desirable online so that the crowds will start flocking to your business.

Content has to be created CONSISTENTLY for it to be effective.

If you create just one video and hope it will go viral and give you all the money you need to buy your mansion on Banana Island, then you are SORELY MISTAKEN!

Content has to be created on a regularly repeated schedule.

If you create 10 videos in a year and post them all in January and February and you hope that one of them will go viral and bring in your millions, you are in for a lot of heartache.

You are better off posting those videos once a month for the whole year and your odds increase that the videos will create some awareness and interest.

How much awareness and interest?

We don't know! This process involves a lot of creation, reiteration, taking feedback and going at it again and again.

What if you don't like this hassle of waking up everyday and thinking, "what piece of content am I going to create today? How can I think up something that will bring the whole world to my doorstep?"

The answer is, unfortunately you have to do the work. It's either you go and talk to strangers, or you do demand generation. Ideally you should be doing BOTH in your business!

The best you can do with demand generation is to come up with a CONTENT CALENDAR to cure for the times when you aren't motivated enough to create, or you aren't feeling particularly inspired.

A content calendar allows you to keep going when you can't think of anything to create, or you don't feel "jazzed up" enough to create.

How do you come up with this content calendar?

In the early days it doesn't have to be anything fancy.

Journal entries and calendar entries can suffice! If you write into a diary or actual calendar several days or weeks ahead with what you think would be good things to write on, or videos to make, that's sufficient to give you some editorial direction.

This is simple and inexpensive.

I keep a running list of questions on my phone that I haven't answered yet.

That's where my content ideas come from.

This is piece is the answer to a question I was asked by a student in a live question and answer session.

These simple and uncomplicated methods are enough to keep you going for weeks and weeks!

That's why I now have over 530 episodes of my business podcast, and over 380 posts on the blog.

This is part of the journey you'll have to take when you get on the demand generation side of business promotion.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Up To 500k A Month With Digital Skills / Land Banking - An Investment In Real Estate World. / What Is The Process Of Developing An On Demand Delivery App?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.