Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,593 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition (48031 Views)

Brixton Academy Stampede: Gabrielle Hutchinson Dies, One In Critical Condition / Sadiq Khan Reacts To Asake's Brixton Academy Concert Incident / Burna Boy Shows Off His O2 Brixton Academy 'sold Out' Status Plaque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by Omoluabi16(m): 5:46pm On Dec 17, 2022
See all these new generation artistes, I can't keep up with them. They're too much, all look alike and sing same kind of song. I'm just surprised people would go that far because they want to hear Asake sing. Very tragic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by meobizy(f): 5:47pm On Dec 17, 2022
drimzsmoke:

grin grin grin grin cheesy grin
Very funny....I get you now.Bros,you don't know what you're talking about!!!
I can say the same for you since proof didn’t back your original statement.
Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by Menclothing: 5:50pm On Dec 17, 2022
She left 2 sons at home for a show to look for new friends and met stamped
I wish she didn't die rip

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by Corrinthians(m): 5:50pm On Dec 17, 2022
silvoclaira:
undecided
Oh Naija. Anything associated with Nigeria gives us joy and also brings so much pain.

Life is just like that

My sympathy to the families of those affected
Nothing like that. WizKid, Davido, Burna Boy, etc have been organising concerts without incident. This is just an unfortunate first.
Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 5:51pm On Dec 17, 2022
Fedrick100:
Wetin be stampede

Someone should explain
some people wanted to enter the venue for the event without ticket , thought you said what caused the stampede, stampede is when there's a large crowd and all of them struggling to leave a crowded gathering now leading stepping on eachother and now cause bodily harm
Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by dominique(f): 5:55pm On Dec 17, 2022
observanc1:
it was ruthless, mindless Nigerians that didn't buy ticket and breached security walls and forced themselves into the venue and suffocated those already inside. Like they do in Nigeria.
As a reasonable person, if u didnt buy ticket, dont even go there. Gatecrashers and intruders.

Most of them bought fake tickets from the black market, they didn't know till they got to the venue

1 Like

Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by observanc1: 5:55pm On Dec 17, 2022
ahnie:

Yu don't believe what?my dear better snap out of your riverie,I won't lie that m working in an insurance company or with Exxon Mobil.
It's what it is

Good pm.
good evening my sister, how family? All d best. I always enjoys your posts. U don't have to claim to be working in an oil industry, but I know u are not frying any akara. God bless you.
Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by osazuwa23: 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2022
asake is overhyped and rubish music i dont see the hype of all these mulieial afrobeat artist. only artist i will stampede to see is fela kuti tupac lucky dube sonny okosun
fergie001:

@MetPolice

Asake', London's Mayor mourn

Sadiq Khan (Mayor of London)

'Asake music'

Previous Threads:
https://www.nairaland.com/7482920/asakes-brixton-show-shut-down

https://www.nairaland.com/7483866/sadiq-khan-reacts-asakes-brixton#119204454

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by seguno2: 6:00pm On Dec 17, 2022
ahnie:
Sane country,if it were to be Nigeria them go just dump her corpse for mortuary,give the copse to medical students to play pingpong with it,all in the name of autopsy,after harvesting her kidneys,hearts,breast and liver then sweep the case under the carpet.
Case study...
Late Miss bamise
Late Sylvester oromoni

Rip beautiful lady.
Speedy recovery to the 2 others affected.

May Nigeria never happens to us.

What is Nigeria without us Nigerians?
Should you not be praying that- May Nigerians never happen to us
Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by observanc1: 6:03pm On Dec 17, 2022
dominique:

Most of them bought fake tickets from the black market, they didn't know till they got to the venue
u see naa. When it's very cheap, dont buy. I always take keke napep chatter from my house to a certain place. Always btw 300 and 400. Last week Monday, I stopped a keke guy and asked him how much, he say 150. I say what? He say i should enter 100. I told him to go. The next keke that came told me 400, I price 300, he say enter. And I did. And he took me to where I was going. When the price difference is so much against the original one, dont buy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by FireUpNow(m): 6:06pm On Dec 17, 2022
ahnie:
Sane country,if it were to be Nigeria them go just dump her corpse for mortuary,give the copse to medical students to play pingpong with it,all in the name of autopsy,after harvesting her kidneys,hearts,breast and liver then sweep the case under the carpet.
Case study...
Late Miss bamise
Late Sylvester oromoni

Rip beautiful lady.
Speedy recovery to the 2 others affected.

May Nigeria never happens to us.
This organ harvesting is becoming a serious problem. So they still harvest organs of dead people? Will the organs be still be useful to them? Just asking for knowledge sake?
Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by Masama: 6:10pm On Dec 17, 2022
meobizy:
Nigeria is a cunny country. Churches are wealthy enough to hide such encounters from the media.
Not in this era of social media, everybody has a phone now and can easily take videos or photos of such incidents and upload online for all to see. If a stampede ever happen at the experience, no amount of money the church has can hide it from the public, it will be all over social in media in less than 30 minutes.

1 Like

Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by Starzo: 6:11pm On Dec 17, 2022
meobizy:
Nigeria is a cunny country. Churches are wealthy enough to hide such encounters from the media.
Agent of Lucifer....why e b say na churches first enter your head??

You leave political rallies plus the unending concerts wey dey happen for nigeria everyday begin attack church

Funny thing na say na even concerts we dey talk about here but that one fly over your head to begin attack churches.

Devil is in full control of many people in this country

3 Likes

Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by Starzo: 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2022
Omoluabi16:
See all these new generation artistes, I can't keep up with them. They're too much, all look alike and sing same kind of song. I'm just surprised people would go that far because they want to hear Asake sing. Very tragic.
Pls which other artist sings like or those asake type of songs?

Una go just dey make if ignorant comments with confidence

2 Likes

Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by Fujiyama: 6:15pm On Dec 17, 2022
Litmus:

Eh, mister man, when Nigerians boast about "Sane Countries!" for example in instances such as this, they would typically mean that unlike Nigeria people won't die in Abroad nations due to attending something as simple as a concert. In short, Abroad is a fantastic country above reproach in any form. Nigerians wouldn't mean about how the Great and Glorious Abroad nations handle death matters. Deaths and crimes don't occur Abroad!

Lets make no excuses for Abroad or try to save face for Abroad Nations in the name of keeping the people of Nigeria brainwashed. They bleeped up in the UK. These things unfortunately happen.

^^^
undecided

Stop this. You've been at this for a long time here.

Of course they mess up in these other countries. Their systems fail and sometimes people die. It happens all the time.

The difference is they tend to learn from their errors - and even then some countries learn better than others. The Heysel stadium disaster took place nearly 40 years ago. After an investigation, officials guilty of negligence lost their jobs and people went to prison for manslaughter. To this day lessons are still being learned from that tragedy.

On the other hand a so called personnel recruitment exercise organized by a Nigerian federal ministry a few years ago led to a stampede and several deaths. Nobody was held accountable. Abba Moro (then minister of the Interior) got away with absolutely no punishment whatsoever.

You see the difference?
Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by micflo28(m): 6:16pm On Dec 17, 2022
A sweet vaguyna wasted
Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by membranus: 6:18pm On Dec 17, 2022
observanc1:
u see naa. When it's very cheap, dont buy. I always take keke napep chatter from my house to a certain place. Always btw 300 and 400. Last week Monday, I stopped a keke guy and asked him how much, he say 150. I say what? He say i should enter 100. I told him to go. The next keke that came told me 400, I price 300, he say enter. And I did. And he took me to where I was going. When the price difference is so much against the original one, dont buy.

You dodged a kidnapping scheme. Thank your God.

1 Like

Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by ComeToJesus: 6:19pm On Dec 17, 2022
Something eerie about that guy's music and appearance. Nah!
Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by membranus: 6:21pm On Dec 17, 2022
Fujiyama:

^^^
undecided

Stop this. You've been at this for a long time here.

Of course they mess up in these other countries. Their systems fail and sometimes people die. It happens all the time.

The difference is they tend to learn from their errors - and even then some countries learn better than others. The Heysel stadium disaster took place nearly 40 years ago. After an investigation, officials guilty of negligence lost their jobs and people went to prison for manslaughter. To this day lessons are still being learned from that tragedy.

On the other hand a so called personnel recruitment exercise organized by a Nigerian federal ministry a few years ago led to a stampede and several deaths. Nobody was held accountable. Abba Moro (then minister of the Interior) got away with absolutely no punishment whatsoever.

You see the difference?

Africans have no respect for life. When any tragic death happens, they accept it as fate ordained and move on.
Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by ComeToJesus: 6:23pm On Dec 17, 2022
osazuwa23:
asake is overhyped and rubish music i dont see the hype of all these mulieial afrobeat artist. only artist i will stampede to see is fela kuti tupac lucky dube sonny okosun
Very noisy weirdo with the wackiest sound.

Yet, they'll be making him feel he's dropping hits. Music wey no get level.
Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by Fujiyama: 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2022
membranus:

Africans have no respect for life. When any tragic death happens, they accept it as fate ordained and move on.

^^^
It has to stop.

To this day I still remember the pictures of young people sad on mortuary slabs - the casualties from that Nigeria Immigration Service disaster. Some of those pictures may still be on this platform. No government official paid a price for that failure. And all the applicants had paid a non-refundable fee. angry (Abba Moro, Nigerian Immigration Service - you all have blood on your hands).

We have to drop this 'forgive & forget', 'lef am for God' mentality. It is not a sin or a crime to hold people accountable!

It has to stop!

2 Likes

Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by Truthshscrazy: 7:03pm On Dec 17, 2022
Asake!
Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by Oxala17: 7:08pm On Dec 17, 2022
fergie001:

@MetPolice

Asake', London's Mayor mourn

Sadiq Khan (Mayor of London)

'Asake music'

Previous Threads:
https://www.nairaland.com/7482920/asakes-brixton-show-shut-down

https://www.nairaland.com/7483866/sadiq-khan-reacts-asakes-brixton#119204454

She resemble who dey do olosho work...

RIP still, even tho no sensible person should be found at an Asake concert where all they do is hop around onstage while the artiste lip-syncs his own songs karaoke style
Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by osazuwa23: 7:13pm On Dec 17, 2022
very weird sound and noise it sound almost like cult music. i see the singer seyi vibez copying that sound cry. burna boy and davido is the only one that makes sense but the rest i dont know. i didnt hear a good afrobeat album this year
ComeToJesus:
Very noisy weirdo with the wackiest sound.

Yet, they'll be making him feel he's dropping hits. Music wey no get level.

1 Like

Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by jaxxy(m): 7:19pm On Dec 17, 2022
MarketDispatch:

Is it his fault for people to show up without paying for show tickets? The Police were chasing people out . As you know, people that don't have correct immigration papers in London always run when they see anything Police.

But this never happened in other concrrts. why now?
Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by simplesearch: 7:26pm On Dec 17, 2022
If your woke mentality takes you to where your creator and maker won't venture to send his Spirit, this is usually the end result. People who would argue on the necessity of paying tithe but Can empty their account to watch a show where both the singer and the organizers are aliens to the common wealth of Israel and the inheritance of the elect above, what exactly do we want God to do again.

Hebrews 2:3 (KJV) How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by meobizy(f): 8:32pm On Dec 17, 2022
CaptMarvel:
Aww.
Too bad
Rip

Stampede is dangerous, suddenly you'll just discover that your strength left you, and you are at the mercies of thumbing foots of hundreds or thousands of people.

Anywhere you find yourself full of crowds, be very careful and watchful. Stampede is 80%possible, hold your friends by the hands and stay at a safe corner.
Moreso: if you need an email extractor or bulk mailer, pm me kiss
Which kind of cheap fearmongering is this? Hain! Do you stay in safe corners when in church? Do you hold loved ones to ensure their safety?
Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by kestolove95(m): 8:57pm On Dec 17, 2022
Kpekus just waste
Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by lereinter(m): 8:59pm On Dec 17, 2022
zanshi:
People can't conduct themselves over a stupid music concert.

They should ban Asake visa like they did to snoop dogg.

Music concerts are an utter waste of money.

The people that attend are they forced
Re: Brixton Academy Stampede: Rebecca Ikumelo Dies, 2 Others In Critical Condition by isunday: 9:05pm On Dec 17, 2022
You can see a sane clime. Police opened a portal for people to drop videos and also encourage people to come forward to testify what happened to aid their investigation. But here in Nigeria, if u try it, the police will just rope you in and the next thing you are arrest as culprit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

All Wizkid's 2017 International Awards In One Picture / Nathaniel Bassey On Absence Of Anita Ebhodaghe At Daughter, Sharon's Wedding / Omotola Amazingly Transforms The Home Of A Widow In 4 Days (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.