Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

A Picture Of Pure Grace - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Picture Of Pure Grace (648 Views)

Pastor Ugoeze Elendu Chukwuebuka Shares A Picture From His Dramatic Past / The Amazing city of pure Gold, Diamonds and precious stones. / Picture Of A Mosque & Church Side-By-Side In Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Picture Of Pure Grace by thesolutions(m): 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2022
Years ago, I was sitting in my living room, just spending time in the Word, when the Lord spoke to me and said, “Son, study the journey of the children of Israel from Egypt to Mount Sinai, for this is a picture of pure grace. Not a single Israelite died during this period although they murmured and complained.”

I had never heard anyone preach that before or read it in any book. So, feverishly, I turned to that portion of the Scriptures, trying to find someone who had died, so that I could prove God wrong! Have you been there before, trying to prove God wrong? Well, you can never succeed, and indeed, I could not find any Israelite who died even though they murmured and complained.

God had rescued the children of Israel from their Egyptian slave masters by performing great signs and wonders, yet, the children of Israel failed to honor Him, and murmured and complained over and over again.

When the Egyptian army came thundering toward them from behind and the Red Sea was before them, the Israelites cried out to Moses saying, “Because there were no graves in Egypt, have you taken us away to die in the wilderness? Why have you so dealt with us, to bring us up out of Egypt?” (Exod. 14:11).

That was a complaint against God, and murmuring and complaining are sins. But what was God’s response? He opened up the Red Sea and they crossed over to dry land on the other side, safe from their enemies.

Then, even after God had brought them safely to the other side of the sea, they complained about the bitter waters at Marah. What was God’s response? He made the bitter waters sweet (Exod. 15:23–25). In the wilderness, they cried out against Moses when they were hungry.

What was God’s response? He rained bread from heaven (Exod. 16:2–4). But still, the children of Israel complained. When there was no water again, they cried out against Moses, saying, “Why is it you have brought us up out of Egypt, to kill us and our children and our livestock with thirst?” (Exod. 17:3). What was God’s response? He brought water out of the flinty rock.

Every time the children of Israel murmured and complained, it only brought forth fresh demonstrations of God’s favor, supply, and goodness. Why? Because during that period, the blessings and provisions they received were not dependent on their obedience or goodness. They were dependent on God’s goodness and His faithfulness to the Abrahamic covenant (Exod. 2:24), which was a covenant of grace.

Can you see what the Lord was showing me? The Israelites’ journey from Egypt to Sinai was a picture of pure grace. Their blessings were not dependent on their goodness but His goodness, not on their faithfulness but His faithfulness. Before the Ten Commandments were given, they were under grace and nobody was punished even when they failed. But immediately after the law was given (Exod. 20), their failure resulted in punishment.

Beloved, the good news is that we are no longer under the old covenant of law. We have been delivered from the law through Jesus’ death on the cross. Because of Jesus Christ, we are now under the new covenant of grace. This means that today, God does not assess and bless us based on our performance, but on His goodness and faithfulness.

If you have been struggling with a challenge for some time now, look away from yourself, your mistakes, your lack, and your imperfections. Look instead at and give thanks for the pure grace God extends to you today because of the finished work of His Son. Let your confidence and trust not be rooted in your imperfect performance, but in His constant and unwavering goodness, love, and undeserved, unmerited, and unearned favor toward you, and see Him supply all that you need.

This devotional is taken from the book Reign in Life—90 Powerful Inspirations for Extraordinary Breakthroughs.

Joseph Prince

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by muyico(m): 7:04pm On Dec 17, 2022
[quote author=thesolutions post=119228304]

Years ago, I was sitting in my living room, just spending time in the Word, when the Lord spoke to me and said, “Son, study the journey of the children of Israel from Egypt to Mount Sinai, for this is a picture of pure grace. Not a single Israelite died during this period although they murmured and complained.”

I had never heard anyone preach that before or read it in any book. So, feverishly, I turned to that portion of the Scriptures, trying to find someone who had died, so that I could prove God wrong! Have you been there before, trying to prove God wrong? Well, you can never succeed, and indeed, I could not find any Israelite who died even though they murmured and complained.

God had rescued the children of Israel from their Egyptian slave masters by performing great signs and wonders, yet, the children of Israel failed to honor Him, and murmured and complained over and over again.

When the Egyptian army came thundering toward them from behind and the
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by Kobojunkie: 8:05pm On Dec 17, 2022
thesolutions:

This devotional is taken from the book Reign in Life—90 Powerful Inspirations for Extraordinary Breakthroughs
Joseph Prince
Op, I hope you don't swallow up this gobbledygook pretending it is what is claimed, a picture or grace. God's grace instead refers to Eternal life which He gifts only to those who obey His commandments. undecided
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by thesolutions(m): 8:31pm On Dec 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Op, I hope you don't swallow up this gobbledygook pretending it is what is claimed, a picture or grace. God's grace instead refers to Eternal life which He gifts only to those who obey His commandments. undecided
This is not posted to create a religious debate about what is grace. It is a reminder that death came when the law came into effect. For by the law, all is dead or marked for death. But the law can not be overturned, hence a new law. Law of Grace.
Grace is not the same as eternal life. But it leads to eternal life. Not everyone that had grace received eternal life if not we won't be having the phrase 'fallen from grace'.
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by Kobojunkie: 8:34pm On Dec 17, 2022
thesolutions:
1. This is not posted to create a religious debate about what is grace. It is a reminder that death came when the law came into effect. For by the law, all is dead or marked for death. But the law can not be overturned, hence a new law. Law of Grace.

2. Grace is not the same as eternal life. But it leads to eternal life. Not everyone that had grace received eternal life if not we won't be having the phrase 'fallen from grace'.
1. What you posted has absolutely nothing to do with grace given that the grace of God instead refers to Eternal life. This is what scripture records. undecided

2. The only thing that leads to Eternal life, according to scripture, is obedience of the teachings and commandments of God, in our case Jesus Christ. As for the phrase, if you read through what God said in Ezekiel 18 vs 1 - 32 and Ezekiel 33 - 9 - 20, you will come to understand where the idea in bold comes from. undecided
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by thesolutions(m): 8:45pm On Dec 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. What you posted has absolutely nothing to do with grace given that the grace of God instead refers to Eternal life. This is what scripture records. undecided

2. The only thing that leads to Eternal life, according to scripture, is obedience of the teachings and commandments of God, in our case Jesus Christ. As for the phrase, if you read through what God said in Ezekiel 18 vs 1 - 32 and Ezekiel 33 - 9 - 20, you will come to understand where the idea in bold comes from. undecided
Just like I said, we should not be debating about this. Those it is meant for will read and get the message. You are probably advanced and need not the milk anymore but you stirring up argument indicates that you are holding up to a kind of religious philosophy.
The scripture said "You are saved by grace through faith......." If grace is same as eternal life, it means we are saved by eternal life making eternal life a separate entity.
Again, there was no sin until the law. The scripture you quoted came centuries after the law had been given. Try to understand.
Please, allow others to read and understand. I read, I got inspired to share.
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On Dec 17, 2022
thesolutions:
1. Just like I said, we should not be debating about this.
Those it is meant for will read and get the message.

2. You are probably advanced and need not the milk anymore but you stirring up argument indicates that you are holding up to a kind of religious philosophy.
The scripture said "You are saved by grace through faith......." If grace is same as eternal life, it means we are saved by eternal life making eternal life a separate entity.

Please, allow others to read and understand. I read, I got inspired to share.
1. Why shouldn't we ensure the Truth of God is taught above all lies out there? Lies told using the name of God are meant for who exactly? undecided

2. Milk? LOL.... undecided

Grace does not save you or anything. Like the phrase "fallen from grace", the phrase "saved by grace" also requires careful understanding of the teachings of God in order to fully grasp the meaning behind it. Again, from as far back as Adam, the only thing that saves is obedience. This is true even to this day. Grace is simply one of several rewards that awaits those who obey. undecided
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by thesolutions(m): 9:08pm On Dec 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Why shouldn't we ensure the Truth of God is taught above all lies out there? Lies told using the name of God are meant for who exactly? undecided

2. Milk? LOL.... undecided

Grace does not save you or anything. Like the phrase "fallen from grace", the phrase "saved by grace" also requires careful understanding of the teachings of God in order to fully grasp the meaning behind it. Again, from as far back as Adam, the only thing that saves is obedience. This is true even to this day. Grace is simply one of several rewards that awaits those who obey. undecided
It is really of no use arguing about your religious philosophy. It is yours.
Obedience is necessary for eternal life but it is not all there is. But someone did that in Matthew 19:17-22. Obedience without grace is not different from those holding on to a particular philosophy like most cults do.
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by Kobojunkie: 9:12pm On Dec 17, 2022
thesolutions:

It is really of no use arguing about your religious philosophy. It is yours.
Obedience is necessary for eternal life but it is not all there is. But someone did that in Matthew 19:17-22. Obedience without grace is not different from those holding on to a particular philosophy like most cults do.
To you this is some religious philosophy but God never gave no man religion. Instead He gave them His Law, commanding them to obey Him if they seek to benefit from Him. undecided

The only mandate God gave man is obedience of His teachings and commandments. This has been the case since Adam. So to insist that it is comes after a mere reward God promised only to those obey Him is to reveal ignorance of God's Truth and Law. undecided
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by thesolutions(m): 9:19pm On Dec 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
To you this is some religious philosophy but God never gave no man religion. Instead He gave them His Law, commanding them to obey Him if they seek to benefit from Him. undecided

The only mandate God gave man is obedience of His teachings and commandments. This has been the case since Adam. So to insist that it is comes after a mere reward God promised only to those obey Him is to reveal ignorance of God's Truth and Law. undecided
Which of God's law are you talking about so I can understand if we are on the same page or not please. There seems to be a lot of faith out there.
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On Dec 17, 2022
thesolutions:
Which of God's law are you talking about so I can understand if we are on the same page or not please. There seems to be a lot of faith out there.
God's mandated obedience when He gave His Law to Adam in the beginning. God mandated obedience when He gave His Law to Noah, Abraham, Isaac, and even Jacob. God mandated obedience when He gave His Law - the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel - to the children of Israel in the Land of Canaan. And the same God declares obedience to the mandate as far as His Law, Jesus Christ, His New Covenant in the Kingdom of God. God is God of Laws, and with each and every one of His Laws to men, He has required nothing short of obedience by men as the only way to honor the agreement He makes with them. undecided
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by thesolutions(m): 9:40pm On Dec 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
God's mandated obedience when He gave His Law to Adam in the beginning. God mandated obedience when He gave His Law to Noah, Abraham, Isaac, and even Jacob. God mandated obedience when He gave His Law - the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel - to the children of Israel in the Land of Canaan. And the same God declares obedience to the mandate as far as His Law, Jesus Christ, His New Covenant in the Kingdom of God. God is God of Laws, and with each and every one of His Laws to men, He has required nothing short of obedience by men as the only way to honor the agreement He makes with them. undecided
I was hoping you will mention whose law you are keeping so I can be sure we are of the same faith. You can only debate the laws of your faith with people you share the same faith with else you become accentric.
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On Dec 17, 2022
thesolutions:

I was hoping you will mention whose law you are keeping so I can be sure we are of the same faith. You can only debate the laws of your faith with people you share the same faith with else you become accentric.
So, you don't belong to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob? His are all of the Laws I mentioned. undecided
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by thesolutions(m): 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So, you don't belong to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob? His are all of the Laws I mentioned. undecided
God is the God of all flesh. Unfortunately, people I intended my post for are under grace. Obviously we are not on the same page.
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by Kobojunkie: 9:51pm On Dec 17, 2022
thesolutions:

God is the God of all flesh. Unfortunately, people I intended my post for are under grace. Obviously we are not on the same page.
God of all flesh? I don't understand. Are you suggesting God’s Laws and mandates are of no value? undecided
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by thesolutions(m): 9:58pm On Dec 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
God of all flesh? I don't understand. Are you suggesting God’s Laws and mandates are of no value? undecided
You have already answered yourself. God gave laws to different people and nations you mentioned and non to you. You probably believe in a universal law if it exists and if at all you have any law. What ever law God had given you is of value to you in specific. Those whom Grace has been given values it.
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On Dec 17, 2022
thesolutions:
1. You have already answered yourself. God gave laws to different people and nations you mentioned and non to you.

2. You probably believe in a universal law if it exists and if at all you have any law. What ever law God had given you is of value to you in specific. Those whom Grace has been given values it.
1. What are you talking about? undecided

The Old Covenant was God’s National Constitution to the Nation of Israel. God's New Covenant, Jesus Christ, He gave as the Constitution in the Kingdom of God which Jesus Christ told you belongs only to the lost sheep of israel. So what diffrent people and nations do you mean exactly? undecided

2. Universal Laws? For Pete's sake, He is God of Israel, not God of any other nation meaning if you are not of Israel, you can't belong to Him. undecided
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by thesolutions(m): 10:24pm On Dec 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. What are you talking about? undecided

The Old Covenant was God’s National Constitution to the Nation of Israel. God's New Covenant, Jesus Christ, He gave as the Constitution in the Kingdom of God which Jesus Christ told you belongs only to the lost sheep of israel. So what diffrent people and nations do you mean exactly? undecided

2. Universal Laws? For Pete's sake, He is God of Israel, not God of any other nation meaning if you are not of Israel, you can't belong to Him. undecided
So can you stop mentioning God since you are non Israelite and allow those grafted in by grace to abide. Now I am back to grace.
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by Kobojunkie: 11:56pm On Dec 17, 2022
thesolutions:
So can you stop mentioning God since you are non Israelite and allow those grafted in by grace to abide. Now I am back to grace.
I can't stop mentioning Him since you here claim to speak these lies of yours in His name. There are none grafted since He never said He grafted anyone in by grace — there is no scriptural backing for any such. undecided

As for your claim that I am a non-Israelite. According to Jesus Christ, only those who are of the lost sheep of Israel were He sent to meaning no one outside of that ancestry can gain access to the Kingdom of God. i.e. you cannot be born-again if you are not of HIs flock. undecided
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by thesolutions(m): 5:46am On Dec 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I can't stop mentioning Him since you here claim to speak these lies of yours in His name. There are none grafted since He never said He grafted anyone in by grace — there is no scriptural backing for any such. undecided

As for your claim that I am a non-Israelite. According to Jesus Christ, only those who are of the lost sheep of Israel were He sent to meaning no one outside of that ancestry can gain access to the Kingdom of God. i.e. you cannot be born-again if you are not of HIs flock. undecided
Because we are not of the same faith, that is if you have one, you will always make my comments to be questioned by your unbelief. I believe you have studied the scripture to be making some quotes but for argument sake, read Romans 11 from verse 1 to where you will want to raise another objection since that is what you are out for.
I will share some of the scripture even though it means nothing to you.

Romans 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again. 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree? 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
Jesus himself said "those that come to him, he will by no means cast out".
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by Kobojunkie: 6:11am On Dec 18, 2022
thesolutions:
1. Because we are not of the same faith, that is if you have one, you will always make my comments to be questioned by your unbelief. I believe you have studied the scripture to be making some quotes but for argument sake, read Romans 11 from verse 1 to where you will want to raise another objection since that is what you are out for.
I will share some of the scripture even though it means nothing to you.

2. Jesus himself said "those that come to him, he will by no means cast out".
Never inject your private interpretation into what is written so you do not end up casting the author of the material as a liar. undecided

The Jews are only a subset of the Israelite tribes that Jesus Christ came to save. So in the passage below, Paul makes a note to separate them from the rest of the Israelites in his address. i.e. the Non-Jewishish people mentioned in verse 23 below.
22 So you see that God is kind, but he can also be very strict. He punishes those who stop following him. But he is kind to you, if you continue trusting in his kindness. If you don’t continue depending on him, you will be cut off from the tree.
23 And if the Jews will believe in God again, he will accept them back. He is able to put them back where they were.
24 It is not natural for a wild branch to become part of a good tree. But you non-Jewish people are like a branch cut from a wild olive tree. And you were joined to a good olive tree. But those Jews are like a branch that grew from the good tree. So surely they can be joined to their own tree again.
25 I want you to understand this secret truth, brothers and sisters. This truth will help you understand that you don’t know everything. The truth is this: Part of Israel has been made stubborn, but that will change when enough non-Jewish people have come to God.
26 And that is how ALL Israel will be saved. The Scriptures say,
The Savior will come from Zion; he will take away all evil from the family of Jacob.
27 And I will make this agreement with those people when I take away their sins.”
28 The Jews refuse to accept the Good News, so they are God’s enemies. This has happened to help you who are not Jews. But they are still God’s chosen people, and he loves them because of the promises he made to their ancestors.
29 God never changes his mind about the people he calls. He never decides to take back the blessings he has given them.
30 At one time you refused to obey God. But now you have received mercy, because the Jews refused to obey.
31 And now they are the ones who refuse to obey, because God showed mercy to you. But this happened so that they can also receive mercy from him.
32 All people have refused to obey God. And he has put them all together as people who don’t obey him so that he can show mercy to everyone. - Romans 11 vs 22 - 32
In verse 26, Paul then comes back to highlight the fact that God's plan has always been to save all of Israel meaning both the Jewish tribes and the non-Jewishish tribes whom God sent into exile will be saved by God. In verse 29, Paul reminds his Jewish brethren that God does not change HIs mind about His people, Israel, and will never take away from them the blessings He has promised only to them. undecided

2. Jesus Christ's teaching is meant to be compiled together as one, not cherry-picked. Since the same Jesus Christ declared that He was sent by God, the Father, only to the lost sheep of Israel, it follows that when He said that all those who come to Him He will in no wise cast out, He meant all those of the lost sheep of Israel who comes to Him, He will in no wise cast out. The same Jesus Christ is written to have also said that only those who are sent by the Father can come to Him. And since the Father does not lie, what it means is that those who are not called by the Father cannot even approach the Truth of God as presented by Jesus Christ or the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by thesolutions(m): 7:49am On Dec 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Never inject your private interpretation into what is written so you do not end up casting the author of the material as a liar. undecided

The Jews are only a subset of the Israelite tribes that Jesus Christ came to save. So in the passage below, Paul makes a note to separate them from the rest of the Israelites in his address. i.e. the Non-Jewishish people mentioned in verse 23 below.
In verse 26, Paul then comes back to highlight the fact that God's plan has always been to save all of Israel meaning both the Jewish tribes and the non-Jewishish tribes whom God sent into exile will be saved by God. In verse 29, Paul reminds his Jewish brethren that God does not change HIs mind about His people, Israel, and will never take away from them the blessings He has promised only to them. undecided

2. Jesus Christ's teaching is meant to be compiled together as one, not cherry-picked. Since the same Jesus Christ declared that He was sent by God, the Father, only to the lost sheep of Israel, it follows that when He said that all those who come to Him He will in no wise cast out, He meant all those of the lost sheep of Israel who comes to Him, He will in no wise cast out. The same Jesus Christ is written to have also said that only those who are sent by the Father can come to Him. And since the Father does not lie, what it means is that those who are not called by the Father cannot even approach the Truth of God as presented by Jesus Christ or the Kingdom of God. undecided
That was quite a translation.

I read through and a lot of questions came up.
There was Abraham, then Isaac and the Israel.
Who are the Jews and who are the Jewish tribes.
Who are the non Jews and non Jewish tribes if they are separate entities.
Who are the gentiles and are they the same as the non Jewish tribes of Israel or generally pagans.

When God said that through Abraham shall nations be blessed, different nations of the Jews or does it mean all nations literally. Why did Jesus use the phrase "that the blessings of Abraham might come to the gentiles" and these gentiles are they particularly the lost tribes of Israel?

The concluding part is the great commission by Jesus, was it for the disciples to preach the good news to all nation or to the lost sheep of Israel?
Even though Jesus boldly stated that he came to save the lost sheep of Israel, the faith of a non Israelite whom he saved changed everything.
John 1:11 says "He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by Kobojunkie: 8:23am On Dec 18, 2022
thesolutions:
1. That was quite a translation. I read through and a lot of questions came up.
A.[/b]There was Abraham, then Isaac and the Israel. Who are the Jews and who are the Jewish tribes.
[b]B.
Who are the non-Jews and non-Jewish tribes if they are separate entities.
C. Who are the gentiles and are they the same as the non Jewish tribes of Israel or generally pagans.

2. When God said that through Abraham shall nations be blessed, different nations of the Jews or does it mean all nations literally.
3.Why did Jesus use the phrase "that the blessings of Abraham might come to the gentiles" and these gentiles are they particularly the lost tribes of Israel?
4. The concluding part is the great commission by Jesus, was it for the disciples to preach the good news to all nation or to the lost sheep of Israel?
5. Even though Jesus boldly stated that he came to save the lost sheep of Israel, the faith of a non-Israelite whom he saved changed everything.
6. John 1:11 says "He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
1. Easy-to-read translation. undecided
A. God had divided Israel into two Nations as punishment for Solomon's sins. The main Nation, still Israel by name, was home to 10 of the 12 tribes of Israel, whereas, the other nation, Judea, had the remaining 2 tribes along, these, the Jewish tribes. undecided
30 Ahijah took his new coat and tore it into twelve pieces.
31 Then he said to Jeroboam, “Take ten pieces of this coat for yourself because the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘I will tear the kingdom away from Solomon, and I will give you ten of the tribes.
32 I will let David’s family keep only one tribe. I will do this because of my servant David and because of Jerusalem, the city that I chose from among all the tribes of Israel.
33 I will take the kingdom from Solomon because he stopped following me and began worshiping Ashtoreth, the goddess of Sidon; Chemosh, the god of Moab; and Milcom, the god of the Ammonites. Solomon stopped following my ways and doing what I say is right. He does not obey my laws and commands as his father David did.
34 So I will take the kingdom away from Solomon’s family. I chose David because he obeyed all my laws and commands. So for my servant David, I will let Solomon be the king for the rest of his life.
35 But Jeroboam, I will take the ten tribes away from his son and give them to you.
36 I will let Solomon’s son keep one tribe to rule over. I will do this for my servant David, so he will always have someone to rule near me in Jerusalem, the city that I chose to be my own.
37 But I will make you king of Israel. You will rule over everything you want.
38 If you live right and obey all my commands as David did, I will be with you and make your family a family of kings, just as I did for David. And you will have Israel as your kingdom.
39 I will punish David’s descendants because of what Solomon did, but not forever.’” - 1 Kings 11 vs 30 - 39
B. The non-Jewish tribes of Israel refer to the other 10 tribes of Israel. undecided
C. Given that there was no nation called Israel during the time of the apostles — God had destroyed the nation and sent most of the people of the 10 tribes into exile at that point in time — the non-Jewish Israelites were counted among the gentiles. They were of Israel but many of them were also of gentile blood at that point. undecided
2. I believe God's plan, from the beginning was to use Israel to gain power over all the Nations of the earth. And this is what He meant when He said He would bless the Nations of the world through Abraham's descendants. undecided
3. Jesus Christ was sent by God to save Israel both the Jewish remnants and the Israelite exiles. His mission as the Good Shepherd is to gather them all back from every tribe, every tongue, and every nation on this earth back to Israel at the time of the resurrection, meaning every race and people of the world will be represented in God's Israel at that time— the DNA of every tribe and Nation, not only preserved in His Israel but also, in a form that He is God over. The entire story is indeed fascinating to realize. So, that is a blessing for both Israel and all gentiles tribes on the planet. undecided
4. Again, you have to compile Jesus Christ's Truth together as one to better understand the Truth of God. That Jesus Christ made it clear that He was sent by the Father only to the lost sheep of Israel, means Jesus Christ sent His followers to preach to the lost sheep of Israel in all nations of this earth— after all God scattered Israel, His sheep, to all nations of the earth. undecided
5. Do you, folks, even listen to yourselves at all? Do you claim the faith of a non-Israelite was enough to change the mind of God Himself? Is God that much of a joke to you that you would believe He is able to change His mind because of the mere faith of a non-Israelite? Try to pay close attention to what you read so you do not confuse one thing with another. Jesus Christ healed several gentiles who had faith that he would heal them, but Jesus Christ did not save any non-Israelite Gentile because Jesus Christ had no power to do such, as He clearly informed you when He said that He does only the Will of His Father, and His Father sent Him only to the lost sheep of Israel. undecided
6. Jesus Christ was born a Jew in Judea. His own were the Jews, and the Jews rejected Him. That was what God said would happen when He said in Isaiah 66 that He would put His mark on some people, and then send those people out to gather Israel's brothers and sisters back from exile. Those "some people" whom God marked and sent out were Jews, so do not be deceived into believing God abandoned the Jews as a result of that. That never happened. undecided
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by thesolutions(m): 9:15am On Dec 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Easy-to-read translation. undecided
A. God had divided Israel into two Nations as punishment for Solomon's sins. The main Nation, still Israel by name, was home to 10 of the 12 tribes of Israel, whereas, the other nation, Judea, had the remaining 2 tribes along, these, the Jewish tribes. undecided
B. The non-Jewish tribes of Israel refer to the other 10 tribes of Israel. undecided
C. Given that there was no nation called Israel during the time of the apostles — God had destroyed the nation and sent most of the people of the 10 tribes into exile at that point in time — the non-Jewish Israelites were counted among the gentiles. They were of Israel but many of them were also of gentile blood at that point. undecided
2. I believe God's plan, from the beginning was to use Israel to gain power over all the Nations of the earth. And this is what He meant when He said He would bless the Nations of the world through Abraham's descendants. undecided
3. Jesus Christ was sent by God to save Israel both the Jewish remnants and the Israelite exiles. His mission as the Good Shepherd is to gather them all back from every tribe, every tongue, and every nation on this earth back to Israel at the time of the resurrection, meaning every race and people of the world will be represented in God's Israel at that time— the DNA of every tribe and Nation, not only preserved in His Israel but also, in a form that He is God over. The entire story is indeed fascinating to realize. So, that is a blessing for both Israel and all gentiles tribes on the planet. undecided
4. Again, you have to compile Jesus Christ's Truth together as one to better understand the Truth of God. That Jesus Christ made it clear that He was sent by the Father only to the lost sheep of Israel, means Jesus Christ sent His followers to preach to the lost sheep of Israel in all nations of this earth— after all God scattered Israel, His sheep, to all nations of the earth. undecided
5. Do you, folks, even listen to yourselves at all? Do you claim the faith of a non-Israelite was enough to change the mind of God Himself? Is God that much of a joke to you that you would believe He is able to change His mind because of the mere faith of a non-Israelite? Try to pay close attention to what you read so you do not confuse one thing with another. Jesus Christ healed several gentiles who had faith that he would heal them, but Jesus Christ did not save any non-Israelite Gentile because Jesus Christ had no power to do such, as He clearly informed you when He said that He does only the Will of His Father, and His Father sent Him only to the lost sheep of Israel. undecided
6. Jesus Christ was born a Jew in Judea. His own were the Jews, and the Jews rejected Him. That was what God said would happen when He said in Isaiah 66 that He would put His mark on some people, and then send those people out to gather Israel's brothers and sisters back from exile. Those "some people" whom God marked and sent out were Jews, so do not be deceived into believing God abandoned the Jews as a result of that. That never happened. undecided
It is unfortunate we both will continue to justify what we believe or what we assume as the truth. I wanted to bring in the case of Cornelius but you will want to link him to a tribe in Israel when there was non of such evidence. But Peter that ministered to his salvation said this in Acts 10:34. "34 Peter began to speak: “I really understand now that God does not consider some people to be better than others. 35 He accepts anyone who worships him and does what is right. It is not important what nation they come from".
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by Kobojunkie: 9:34am On Dec 18, 2022
thesolutions:
1. It is unfortunate we both will continue to justify what we believe or what we assume as the truth. I wanted to bring in the case of Cornelius but you will want to link him to a tribe in Israel when there was non of such evidence.

2. But Peter that ministered to his salvation said this in Acts 10:34. "34 Peter began to speak: “I really understand now that God does not consider some people to be better than others. 35 He accepts anyone who worships him and does what is right. It is not important what nation they come from".
1. The clues presented in the story of Cornelius does indeed lead one to conclude that He was an non-Jewish Israelite. For starters, what the angel said to Him in verse 31 links Him to God’s Old Covenant. God’s declarations in Ezekiel 18 vs 1 - 32 & Ezekiel 33 vs 9 - 20 applies only to those who are of the house of Israel suggesting that since his giving to the poor was recognized by God, Cornelius must have been of Israel. In addition to that, the statement made by Cornelius's men to Peter regarding Cornelius's righteousness also points to his Israelite connection. Only Israelites were made righteous through the following of God's Old Law. That provision was never extended by God to the foreigners living in the land. undecided

Peter's problem was that the world ended with the Jewish people meaning all those from all the other 10 tribes were excluded from his world. However,the Spirit of God opened His eyes to the fact that God's plan included all Israelites regardless of the Nation they may have been exiled to by God. undecided

2. I am afraid I don't follow your reasoning at all in this. Are you suggesting the context as far as the Truth of God is no longer as dictated by God, the Father, but instead according to your private interpretations of the words of the apostles in this? undecided
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by thesolutions(m): 12:25pm On Dec 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. The clues presented in the story of Cornelius does indeed lead one to conclude that He was an non-Jewish Israelite. For starters, what the angel said to Him in verse 31 links Him to God’s Old Covenant. God’s declarations in Ezekiel 18 vs 1 - 32 & Ezekiel 33 vs 9 - 20 applies only to those who are of the house of Israel suggesting that since his giving to the poor was recognized by God, Cornelius must have been of Israel. In addition to that, the statement made by Cornelius's men to Peter regarding Cornelius's righteousness also points to his Israelite connection. Only Israelites were made righteous through the following of God's Old Law. That provision was never extended by God to the foreigners living in the land. undecided

Peter's problem was that the world ended with the Jewish people meaning all those from all the other 10 tribes were excluded from his world. However,the Spirit of God opened His eyes to the fact that God's plan included all Israelites regardless of the Nation they may have been exiled to by God. undecided

2. I am afraid I don't follow your reasoning at all in this. Are you suggesting the context as far as the Truth of God is no longer as dictated by God, the Father, but instead according to your private interpretations of the words of the apostles in this? undecided

I am calm now. We shouldn't be arguing but you were presenting the other fold of the flock as a race. The Israelite of God comprises of Jews and Gentiles. But These gentiles are not your definition non Jewish Israelite.They are not marked by blood or race as that will be a difficult task with men since they are scattered all over the world. So this other fold are not lost tribes of Israel. So Any one who hears this gospel of Jesus and Believe and is baptized and is keeping/Obeying the commandment of Jesus is an Israelite of God. It is not by race or blood birth but by Grace through faith. This is how the blessings of Abraham reaches the world.
Galatians 3:26You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise.
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by Kobojunkie: 6:16pm On Dec 18, 2022
thesolutions:
1. I am calm now. We shouldn't be arguing but you were presenting the other fold of the flock as a race. The Israelite of God comprises of Jews and Gentiles. But
These gentiles are not your definition non Jewish Israelite. They are not marked by blood or race as that will be a difficult task with men since they are scattered all over the world. So this other fold are not lost tribes of Israel.

2. So Any one who hears this gospel of Jesus and Believe and is baptized and is keeping/Obeying the commandment of Jesus is an Israelite of God. It is not by race or blood birth but by Grace through faith. This is how the blessings of Abraham reaches the world.
1. Jesus Christ, the one who was sent to gather even the "other fold" which are His flock as well made in emphatically clear to you that they are the Lost sheep of israel. The flock he had with him at the time ---- those marked by God --- were from the Jewish tribes. The Jewish followers were the ones God then sent out into the world to fish out the rest of Israel from among the peoples of the world. To aide them in accomplishing this job of fishing out the lost sheep, God set His own Spirit as a guide/compass to lead them to those who are of His lost sheep. undecided

2. Jesus Christ, in His teachings, explained that only those who the Father sends Him to hear His voice and only those who are taught by the Father belong to Him. He went on and on about how He only does the Will of His Father in Heaven and how every one of His commandments and teachings, his declarations, come directly from the Father who sent Him. He even told His followers that the work they are called to do is to believe in the one who sent Him, the Father. Thinking Jesus Christ lied when He declared that He was sent by the Father only to the lost sheep of israel is one thing. Concluding that God is also in on the lie is another level of delusion abeg! undecided

So, my question again to you is this, are you of the mind that Jesus Christ is a liar? undecided
Re: A Picture Of Pure Grace by thesolutions(m): 7:23pm On Dec 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Jesus Christ, the one who was sent to gather even the "other fold" which are His flock as well made in emphatically clear to you that they are the Lost sheep of israel. The flock he had with him at the time ---- those marked by God --- were from the Jewish tribes. The Jewish followers were the ones God then sent out into the world to fish out the rest of Israel from among the peoples of the world. To aide them in accomplishing this job of fishing out the lost sheep, God set His own Spirit as a guide/compass to lead them to those who are of His lost sheep. undecided

2. Jesus Christ, in His teachings, explained that only those who the Father sends Him to hear His voice and only those who are taught by the Father belong to Him. He went on and on about how He only does the Will of His Father in Heaven and how every one of His commandments and teachings, his declarations, come directly from the Father who sent Him. He even told His followers that the work they are called to do is to believe in the one who sent Him, the Father. Thinking Jesus Christ lied when He declared that He was sent by the Father only to the lost sheep of israel is one thing. Concluding that God is also in on the lie is another level of delusion abeg! undecided

So, my question again to you is this, are you of the mind that Jesus Christ is a liar? undecided
Even though we are saying the same thing, you are bent on making the lost sheep of Israel to appear to be a particular race and God that said they are not marked by blood or race is all wise and all knowing. Just like I have said before and I am saying it again, The lost sheep of Israel are not any race but all that were grafted in by Grace. The Holy spirit is their seal of sonship. Cornelius was called a righteous man but yet needed Peter to receive the Holy Spirit. So what this implies is that the lost sheep are not missing people from Israel.

(1) (Reply)

When Did Yahweh Becomes The God Of The Entire World? / God Forbids Father Sacrificing Their Son To Gods / Husband0 Kille Wife Because Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.