Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) (51762 Views)

Breakdown Of Inter Miami FC's Astounding Offer To Leo Messi / AFCON 2021: CAF Increases Prize Money For Champions / AFCON 2019: Prize Money For Algeria, Senegal, Nigeria To Be Received From CAF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by Richy4(m): 3:22pm On Dec 18, 2022
UDUJ:

The deed is done already cheesy

Just ignore the mentions from now on bro cheesy
Seriously I don taya with the mention...I double checked and some one below me did as well..
OP come put both of us on a Low IQ scale.. smiley
Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by UDUJ(m): 3:23pm On Dec 18, 2022
Richy4:

Seriously I don taya with the mention...I double checked and some one below me did as well..
OP come put both of us on a Low IQ scale.. smiley

Lol cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by Odingo1: 3:23pm On Dec 18, 2022
This picture is what Qatar look like after spending $280 dollars in the course 8 years to hold the World Cup.

2 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by LOVEGINO(m): 3:24pm On Dec 18, 2022
Afolarin18:
The prize money for participating teams at the 2022 World Cup ongoing in Qatar is a whopping total of $440 million.

The 2022 tournament featured 32 teams from various countries across the globe. 13 countries from Europe, five African teams, four North American countries, four countries from South America and six countries from Asia.

The teams that exited the World Cup at the group stage – Qatar, Ecuador, Wales, Iran, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Denmark, Tunisia, Canada, Belgium, Germany, Costa Rica, Serbia, Cameroon, Ghana, Uruguay – all earned $9 million each

The teams that made it through to the round of 16 – USA, Senegal, Australia, Poland, Spain, Japan, Switzerland, South Korea – all earned $13 million each. While those that reached the quarter-finals -Brazil, Netherlands, Portugal, England – earned $17 million each.

Fourth place team Morocco, earned $25 million.

Third-placed team Croatia earned $27 million.

The runner-up between Argentina or France will earn $30 million, while the 2022 FIFA World Cup winner will earn $42 million.

The tournament will officially come to an end on Sunday (today) December 18, 2022, as holders France will face Argentina for a chance to lift the trophy and win the $42 million grand price.

Source: https://punchng.com/full-list-2022-world-cup-prize-money-breakdown/

make I go buy my boot. i dey dere next world cup.
Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by PDPGuy: 3:24pm On Dec 18, 2022
OfficialP:
Hope these monies are paid to the players, not the federation
The money is paid to the federation, and it will be up to the federation to determine how it’s shared among the players

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by davodyguy: 3:24pm On Dec 18, 2022
Richy4:
What about Second position Nothing? smiley
Learn to read
Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by sylva1(m): 3:27pm On Dec 18, 2022
$30m
Richy4:
Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by Brunicekid(m): 3:28pm On Dec 18, 2022
Mordson:
Nothing for the second positions I guess.
All the 32 participating teams are sharing the $440 million... Definitely, 2nd position have their monetary prize.

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by seaboyzen: 3:29pm On Dec 18, 2022
sircatherine45:
their profit is in heaven.
Does coming from different country na stadium then dey sleep and they don't chop?
Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by tabaralph: 3:32pm On Dec 18, 2022
Richy4:
Second position $30m
Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by Ouchbabe(f): 3:32pm On Dec 18, 2022
Cool money!
See what Nigeria missed.
Let the best team win today.
Come next world cup, Super Eagles will make us proud again
Afolarin18:
The prize money for participating teams at the 2022 World Cup ongoing in Qatar is a whopping total of $440 million.

The 2022 tournament featured 32 teams from various countries across the globe. 13 countries from Europe, five African teams, four North American countries, four countries from South America and six countries from Asia.

The teams that exited the World Cup at the group stage – Qatar, Ecuador, Wales, Iran, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Denmark, Tunisia, Canada, Belgium, Germany, Costa Rica, Serbia, Cameroon, Ghana, Uruguay – all earned $9 million each

The teams that made it through to the round of 16 – USA, Senegal, Australia, Poland, Spain, Japan, Switzerland, South Korea – all earned $13 million each. While those that reached the quarter-finals -Brazil, Netherlands, Portugal, England – earned $17 million each.

Fourth place team Morocco, earned $25 million.

Third-placed team Croatia earned $27 million.

The runner-up between Argentina or France will earn $30 million, while the 2022 FIFA World Cup winner will earn $42 million.

The tournament will officially come to an end on Sunday (today) December 18, 2022, as holders France will face Argentina for a chance to lift the trophy and win the $42 million grand price.

Source: https://punchng.com/full-list-2022-world-cup-prize-money-breakdown/

Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by Promiseisaac(m): 3:35pm On Dec 18, 2022
Huspuppi collected this total amount of money in just a day. grin grin
Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by Lamasta(m): 3:38pm On Dec 18, 2022
OfficialP:
Hope these monies are paid to the players, not the federation
Its paid to the Federation account and the FA in turn pay the players bonuses due for each player
Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by Lionking1913(m): 3:40pm On Dec 18, 2022
Eye dey pain u?
Mordson:
Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by Lionking1913(m): 3:41pm On Dec 18, 2022
Legend�
Promiseisaac:
Huspuppi collected this total amount of money in just a day. grin grin
Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 18, 2022
Mordson:
People like your are the reason why schools introduced " SECOND PERIOD " in school time table ( lessons time ) grin grin grin grin
Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by shegzhkn: 3:42pm On Dec 18, 2022
ATEAMS:
The Host spends about $200B+

To develop the country building roads, hotels and stadium.

Nothing really interesting goes on in the Arab world so that invested is required to host the world cup, Russia didn't spend up to 1/3 of that in 2018 and besides ego matters alot to them - underachievers.

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by benitwater(m): 4:25pm On Dec 18, 2022
Survival of the fittest..
Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 18, 2022
Okk
Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by olusola200: 4:29pm On Dec 18, 2022
Mordson:

English English English

Runner up means second
Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by Bimpe29: 5:00pm On Dec 18, 2022
Mouthwatering prize for the champion

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by kaymart: 5:35pm On Dec 18, 2022
Odingo1:

At least they revamped their country old infrastructures and build a new country with modern metro lines and whole lot of new infrastructures, so the money was well spent. They earn only $1.7b back from the tournament.
I'm sure there will be other benefits other than just these you mentioned

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by kaymart: 5:38pm On Dec 18, 2022
Onyeziokwu:

It's obvious you don't understand English mate hahahaha

Second runner up between Argentina or France, means second position unfortunately and that goes for $30Mil
1st runner up...
Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by fof1: 5:38pm On Dec 18, 2022
Richy4:

DO YOU READ TO COMPREHEND AT ALL? Pls Respect urself and Patiently Study whatever is given to you
Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by Richy4(m): 5:41pm On Dec 18, 2022
fof1:

DO YOU READ TO COMPREHEND AT ALL? Pls Respect urself and Patiently Study whatever is given to you

This was what I saw before.. stop being stupid... There was no second position.. Op just added it

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by Menclothing: 6:08pm On Dec 18, 2022
This money is huge for any team

Turkey shirt 4500

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by nicestguy1: 6:09pm On Dec 18, 2022
Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by naijknight: 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2022
WhatCanIsay:
Nawa oooh see money

See as Super Eagles just loss 9 million dollars as thanks for coming oooh.

Konfam. NG is still here to keep you safe from all scams and fraud encountered from doing businesses. Use our officially certified escrow services to be safe out there! Visit our site
see scammer ooo

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by Afolarin18(f): 6:46pm On Dec 18, 2022
��
Richy4:

This was what I saw before.. stop being stupid... There was no second position.. Op just added it
Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by Afolarin18(f): 6:50pm On Dec 18, 2022
shocked shocked

Bimpe29:
Mouthwatering prize for the champion
Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by meobizy(f): 7:15pm On Dec 18, 2022
It is not a waste of funds when it comes to this stupid sport. If it is prize money for Big Brother, trolls here find issues and remember the country needs saving. Hypocrites, the lot of you.

You people complain there is not enough focus on science. You claim entertainment gets the forefront in life. Soccer no follow for entertainment? Ignorant lot.
Re: Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) by Bentonite1: 7:21pm On Dec 18, 2022
Richy4:

Runner up is second position

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Katsuya Takasu Donates $390,000 To Nigerian Dream Team / Rev.fr Mbaka- Mikel Obi Should No Longer Be In The Nigeria Team / Marjorie Enya Proposes To Isadora Cerullo At The Olympics (PICS&VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.