Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

How Religious Leaders Have Failed Us - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Religious Leaders Have Failed Us (312 Views)

Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres / COVID-19: Enugu Religious Leaders Urge Residents To Obey NCDC’s Regulations / How Religious People Think The Burden Of Proof Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Religious Leaders Have Failed Us by Passionnn: 10:13am On Dec 18, 2022
" Not everybody saying to me "Lord Lord" will enter into the kingdom, but the one doing the will of my Father.
Many will come to me on that day and say, 'Lord, Lord, did we not cast demons in your name and perform many powerful works in your bame?'
And I will confess to them, 'I know you not. Get away from me you workers of iniquity'"
(Matthew 7:19 - 23)
The above scripture clearly illustrates the fact that not all 'ministers' of God will inherit eternal life. The reason is obvious: they have deviated from The Gospel of Christ and we're teaching the doctrines of men.
One easy lure today is the case of materialistic pursuits. One might argue that ministers are also human being who also have human desires. Agreed. But succumbing to those desires is their major undoing. They are not super humans. Agreed. But the role they define for themselves places an enormous task on them to fear God. As leaders, their main role is to lead people to God, and not Satan.
Through their undisguised love for money and their desires for Ministerial expansion, many have dabbled into a lot of things. Some have even begun to advocate that it is the end that justifies the means. Such generalisations are not only destructive but harmful as well.
Today, most churches are silent on the issue of the so-called Yahoo Yahoo scam business. As long as these miscreants pay their tithes and submit offering, their sins are forgiven. Some pastors even accept car presents from these scammers. I've personally seen pastors conducting house opening ceremonies for these scammers.
I am not of the opinion that they be sent from the church. Rather, the church should be vocal in condemnation of these inhumane acts instead of silently condoning them.
Holiness is mine, says the Lord
Re: How Religious Leaders Have Failed Us by MindHacker9009(m): 1:23pm On Dec 18, 2022
Because they know na mumu dey follow Jesus Christ that was invented by the Roman Empire.

God Almighty of the Old Testament is the only true GOD.

JESUS Christ was a fictional character invented by the Romans as a form of ‘psychological warfare’ against Jewish people, a biblical scholar has sensationally claimed.

Joseph Atwill, author of ‘Caesar’s Messiah’, claims to have found ancient confessions from the Romans which states authorities created a ‘messiah’ to pacify Jews in Palestine. The American author says Jesus was not based on a historical figure, but the Romans drew inspiration from historical figures from the First Jewish-Roman War. Mr Atwill said: “Jewish sects in Palestine at the time, who were waiting for a prophesied warrior Messiah, were a constant source of violent insurrection during the first century.

“When the Romans had exhausted conventional means of quashing rebellion, they switched to psychological warfare. They surmised that the way to stop the spread of zealous Jewish missionary activity was to create a competing belief system.

“That’s when the ‘peaceful’ Messiah story was invented. Instead of inspiring warfare, this Messiah urged turn-the-other-cheek pacifism and encouraged Jews to ‘give onto Caesar’ and pay their taxes to Rome.

“The biography of Jesus is actually constructed, tip to stern, on prior stories, but especially on the biography of a Roman Caesar.”

Mr Atwill says he first discovered this revelation when noticing Jesus is “the only fictional character in literature whose entire life story can be traced to other sources”.

By comparing the New Testament to the ‘War of the Jews’ by Josephus – the sole surviving account of first century Judea – he found the parallels between the two.

Mr Atwill: “What seems to have eluded many scholars is that the sequence of events and locations of Jesus ministry are more or less the same as the sequence of events and locations of the military campaign of [Emperor] Titus Flavius as described by Josephus.

“This is clear evidence of a deliberately constructed pattern.

“The biography of Jesus is actually constructed, tip to stern, on prior stories, but especially on the biography of a Roman Caesar.”

Source: https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1152674/christianity-news-jesus-christ-hoax-bible-romans-jewish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmEScIUcvz0
Re: How Religious Leaders Have Failed Us by OkCornel(m): 5:03pm On Dec 18, 2022
MindHacker9009:
Because they know na mumu dey follow Jesus Christ that was invented by the Roman Empire.

God Almighty of the Old Testament is the only true GOD.

JESUS Christ was a fictional character invented by the Romans as a form of ‘psychological warfare’ against Jewish people, a biblical scholar has sensationally claimed.

Joseph Atwill, author of ‘Caesar’s Messiah’, claims to have found ancient confessions from the Romans which states authorities created a ‘messiah’ to pacify Jews in Palestine. The American author says Jesus was not based on a historical figure, but the Romans drew inspiration from historical figures from the First Jewish-Roman War. Mr Atwill said: “Jewish sects in Palestine at the time, who were waiting for a prophesied warrior Messiah, were a constant source of violent insurrection during the first century.

“When the Romans had exhausted conventional means of quashing rebellion, they switched to psychological warfare. They surmised that the way to stop the spread of zealous Jewish missionary activity was to create a competing belief system.

“That’s when the ‘peaceful’ Messiah story was invented. Instead of inspiring warfare, this Messiah urged turn-the-other-cheek pacifism and encouraged Jews to ‘give onto Caesar’ and pay their taxes to Rome.

Mr Atwill says he first discovered this revelation when noticing Jesus is “the only fictional character in literature whose entire life story can be traced to other sources”.

By comparing the New Testament to the ‘War of the Jews’ by Josephus – the sole surviving account of first century Judea – he found the parallels between the two.

Mr Atwill: “What seems to have eluded many scholars is that the sequence of events and locations of Jesus ministry are more or less the same as the sequence of events and locations of the military campaign of [Emperor] Titus Flavius as described by Josephus.

“This is clear evidence of a deliberately constructed pattern.

Source: https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1152674/christianity-news-jesus-christ-hoax-bible-romans-jewish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmEScIUcvz0

Is Joseph Atwill a Jewish historian?

Wow, I didn’t know an American author suddenly knows the history of the Jews better than the Jewish rabbis and historians. Lol

Re: How Religious Leaders Have Failed Us by Kobojunkie: 5:20pm On Dec 18, 2022
Passionnn:
" Not everybody saying to me "Lord Lord" will enter into the kingdom, but the one doing the will of my Father.
Many will come to me on that day and say, 'Lord, Lord, did we not cast demons in your name and perform many powerful works in your bame?'
And I will confess to them, 'I know you not. Get away from me you workers of iniquity'"
(Matthew 7:19 - 23)
The above scripture clearly illustrates the fact that not all 'ministers' of God will inherit eternal life. The reason is obvious: they have deviated from The Gospel of Christ and we're teaching the doctrines of men.
Rubbish! undecided

From His Old Covenant, God fired all your so-called ministers and mogs, declaring from that point on that He alone will shepherd His sheep - Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 32. In addition, God declared cursed all those who put their trust in men, those who make role models of flesh and blood -Jeremiah 17 vs 5 - 11. He sent you Jesus Christ, His very agreement and told you that He alone is the good Shepherd, the one whom you should trust and obey- John 10 vs 1 - 16 - the only way you should look up to since He is Law and King in God's Kingdom. undecided

God never gave men religion nor did He give to men religious leaders. So men had nothing to do with God from their beginnings. So why drag the name of God into that which was never of Him to begin with? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right To Pay Taxes To A Corrupt Government? / How Dark Powers Control And Manipulate The Nigeria Politics / Elon Musk Bans Gender Fluid Anti-Christ Promoting Paedophilia Flag From Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.