Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,408 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres (19017 Views)

Anyone Against Opening Of Churches Will Die – Bishop Oyedepo / Bishop Oyedepo: Anyone Against Opening Of Churches Will Die / Anyone Against Opening Of Churches Will Die – Bishop Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by Maxcole(m): 5:58am On May 10, 2020
The Ogun State Commissioner of Police, Kenneth Ebrimson has warned religious organizations in the state who may be planning to open religious centres and congregate to worship to bury such plans, reminding them that the government order on the ban on large gathering is still in place.

The warning was contained in a release by the Public Relations Officer of the Ogun State Command of the Nigeria Police, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi and made available to newsmen in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.

Ebrimson, who described the plan as a total disobedience to both the state and federal government directives on large gathering, noted that such move can undermine the efforts of both the state and federal governments to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.

The statement read, “It has come to the notice of Ogun State Police Command that some religious leaders in the state are preparing to open their various religious centres for people to converge in total disobedience to both the state and federal government directives”.

“The command hereby appeal to such religious leaders in both Islamic and Christian faith who may be having such intention to have a change of mind because the security agencies in the state will view such with all seriousness”.

“The command will not tolerate any act capable of undermining the determination of the state and federal government to fight the COVID-19 pandemic to standstill”.

“The commissioner of police, therefore, wishes to use this medium to remind all religious leaders that the ban on all forms of gathering be it social or religious is still in force. He also admonished all and sundry to cooperate with the government in its efforts to make the state coronavirus free”.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/police-warn-religious-leaders-against-opening-of-worship-centres-in-ogun/amp/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by helinues: 6:01am On May 10, 2020
Oyedepo himself no go wan to use teeth to remove nails now

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by godfatherx: 6:23am On May 10, 2020
I don't blame him, I blame those who will attend the service.

A real pastor should know that churches are not closed, but millions of churches are opened up in the homes of Christians.

The difference is the tithes and offerings.

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by Dabronze(m): 6:28am On May 10, 2020
pls dady I know u are missing the tithe & offering of your members but don't let ur inner greediness affects your reputation biko?

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by sreamsense: 6:41am On May 10, 2020
Where is your viral video from daily post that confirm this? What he said is different from what you are reporting? Is this how to blog to wealth? And some lunactic individual will just be judging without verifying information from source first?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by Jakumo(m): 7:16am On May 10, 2020
Maxcole:
The police in Ogun State have sent strong warning to Bishop David Oyedepo of the Living Faith Church (Winners Chapel) over his plan to reopen his church.

DAILY POST recalls that Bishop Oyedepo, in a viral video, on Friday, said he had declared churches open, saying "anybody against the reopening of churches will die."

There you have it folks. Pastor Oledepo, desperately needing the free cash from the flock of sheep in his congregation, is now threatening to KILL any police officers drafted to enforce the temporary closure of ALL churches. These death threats are the words of a violent criminal, which is EXACTLY what Pastor Oledepo has revealed himself to be, now that his source of free, unearned cash has been threatened.

By threatening to use violence to KILL officers of the law in the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Pastor Oledepo has challenged the might of the federal government, and threatened to MURDER its officers, should they be drafted to ensure that churches remain closed, in order to prevent the spread of a deadly global pandemic.

This direct challenge to constituted authority, coupled with a threat of violent insurrection, issued by a power-drunk miracle pastor, must be taken VERY seriously by law enforcement officials, when they prepare to forcibly close that demented pastor's cattle sheds, where the poor and rich are fleeced of their cash to feed the greed of that deluded man of dog. The ball is now in the court of the Nigerian Police Force, and they will know exactly how to handle this ridiculous threat issued by a clearly deranged pastor, once and for all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh1kJwKA9Ho&t=19s

Oh, and by the way, the instant the robber pastor is heard muttering nonsensical gibberish like in this video, the police need to just shoot him in the leg to stop the annoying noise, and prevent him from using coded phrases to order his armed bodyguards into attack mode.

Finally, Pastor Oledeopo, if you are reading these words, and getting angry, I suggest you go ahead and dare the police to come and confront you and your armed thugs, so that the honest world can then see what follows in living color. Thank you and phuck you very much in Jeeeeeus name, Amen.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by LibertyRep: 7:24am On May 10, 2020
Police need not break a sweat over this yet to be substantiated story.

No religious leader will reopen his premises without express permission from the government.

Nobody, no matter how highly placed will want to try the government's might.

And I'm certain that the Bishop is wise enough not to allow some small boys to mess him up and use him get promotion.

Some of these big brand religious organizations have branches in foreign countries where lockdown is in place, they dare not test the might of the government over there.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by surgical: 7:35am On May 10, 2020
Oyedepo should not play into these people's hand

5 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by Perfecttouchade: 7:37am On May 10, 2020
Everything don tire us sef..
Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by Karlifate: 7:52am On May 10, 2020
Time will tell.
Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by tubolancer(m): 8:02am On May 10, 2020
Jakumo:

There you have it folks. Pastor Oledepo, desperately needing the free cash from his flock of sheep in his congregation, is now threatening to KILL any police officers drafted to enforce the temporary closure of ALL churches. These death threats are the words of a violent criminal, which is EXACTLY what Pastor Oledepo has revealed himself to be, now that his source of free, unearned cash has been threatened.

By threatening to use violence to KILL officers of the law in the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Pastor Oledepo has challenged the might of the federal government, and threatened to MURDER its officers, should they be drafted to ensure that churches remain closed, in order to prevent the spread of a deadly global pandemic.

This direct challenge to constituted authority, coupled with a threat of violent insurrection, issued by a power-drunk miracle pastor, must be taken VERY seriously by law enforcement officials, when they prepare to forcibly close that demented pastor's cattle sheds, where the poor and rich are fleeced of their cash to feed the greed of that deluded man of dog. The ball is now in the court of the Nigerian Police Force, and they will know exactly how to handle this ridiculous threat issued by a clearly deranged pastor, once and for all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh1kJwKA9Ho&t=19s

Oh, and by the way, the instant the robber pastor is heard muttering nonsensical gibberish like in this video, the police need to just shoot him in the leg to stop the annoying noise, and prevent him for using coded phrases to order his armed bodyguards into attack mode.

Finally, Pastor Oledeopo, if you are reading these words, and getting angry, I suggest you go ahead and dare the police to come and confront you and your armed thugs, so that the honest world can then see what follows in living color. Thank you and phuck you very much in Jeeeeeus name, Amen.
This guy, your mouth is not good at all. For how long have you been fighting with Pastor Oyedepo.If the federal government send you to lockdown the place, I believe you will kill everyone including the Bishop.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by Jakumo(m): 8:04am On May 10, 2020
tubolancer:
This guy, your mouth is not good at all. For how long have you been fighting with Pastor Oyedepo.If the federal government send you to lockdown the place, I believe you will kill everyone including the Bishop.

The police might be left with no option but to apply deadly force, if they arrive at Pastor Oledepo's cattle sheds, only to be confronted by armed thugs.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by lukui: 8:18am On May 10, 2020
Welcome to Nigeria, where there are lawmakers and law breakers
Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by kereman1: 8:21am On May 10, 2020
lies frm d stables of arewa youth forum.
Imagine a learned man of God conderming someone to die.
Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by dazzlingd(m): 8:45am On May 10, 2020
I thought they said bald heads always have sense.

This is not the case with oyedeopo and his sheep

1 Like

Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by Grace001: 9:26am On May 10, 2020
It’s over a month now no free money

All these god of man are missing free tithes and offering money from their zombies sheeple members

8 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by overseer1(m): 9:26am On May 10, 2020
Operation Tight Tithes in Ogun

Men of gods will declare war on the government for restrictions on businesses.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by yinkaOdutuyo: 9:26am On May 10, 2020
Holy cow

They're always after tithes and offerings

7 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by Grace001: 9:26am On May 10, 2020
dazzlingd:
I thought they said bald heads always have sense.

This is not the case with oyedeopo and his sheep

This table you’re shaking eheen, his sheep members are coming for you.

It’s not easy, for like almost a month now, the income from tithes and offerings would have reduce drastically

Papa is really concerned about the church finance

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by StreetFight: 9:27am On May 10, 2020
Okay nah.

St Peter's Square at the Vatican is closed. The Kaabah in Saudi Arabia is closed. Muslims are supposed to be in the Mini Pilgrimage now, but Saudi Arabia has shut its doors. The holy sites in Israel are closed. But you know what? Nigeria's overzealous religious leaders are more religious than the Pope and the Grand Khali. Let's see how it goes.

I will not say negative things with my mouth, but just know that COVID-19 does not respect any human or animal. Over 70 Catholic Priests have been killed by COVID-19, several Islamic Scholars too have been sent to the grave by the same virus. Those who have ears, let them hear.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by GreatResearcher1: 9:28am On May 10, 2020
At the end, religion is just a mere joke. science has put religion where it belongs.

16 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by Fosterica(m): 9:28am On May 10, 2020
They really wanna resume business in Ernest since market can sell...

6 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by afecgivers: 9:28am On May 10, 2020
Dem don dey broke one by one. I'm a christian, but the way these church owners demand for money is as if our salvation depend on it.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:29am On May 10, 2020
A good religious leader (Christian) should know what the Bible says concerning issues like this without being told or forced.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by paulolee(m): 9:29am On May 10, 2020
Good...somethings are better left undone....all religious activities should be kept on pending for now afterall the people dt sold this religion to us are staying at home and not even thinking of resuming church activities for now because of the fear of this pandemic bt i kno dt its more of business for our religious leaders here bt abeg mk una wait till the virus blows cold..dts nt my business...my business is dt am pained and not happy seeing dt comment and username above me because i no jus lyk dt name...no joke

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by jimmyolasun: 9:29am On May 10, 2020
I don dey organize my squad and ponpo for that stubborn man wey dey otta. orders don dey.. na to beat some people enter coma

9 Likes

Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by Razy75g: 9:29am On May 10, 2020
Head slammers will ignore this warning. Fools
Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by iCauseTrouble: 9:29am On May 10, 2020
angry
Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by Fosterica(m): 9:30am On May 10, 2020
GreatResearcher1
]At the end, religion is just a mere joke. science has put religion where it belongs. [/quote]

Aswear..for me Christianity is doing the right thing
Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by Geekbaze: 9:30am On May 10, 2020
Hmm
Re: Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres by Paul667(m): 9:31am On May 10, 2020
This is incredibly bad, churches should be opened along with market.
Nigeria is an Islamic country!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Worship The Nigerian God / Pope Appoints Fortunatus Nwachukwu As Permanent Observer At United Nations / Eat To Live OR Live To Eat, Which Do You Belong To ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.