Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,090 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Can A Christian Be Ubder A Curse [a Rejoinder] - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Christian Be Ubder A Curse [a Rejoinder] (154 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? / Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? / Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can A Christian Be Ubder A Curse [a Rejoinder] by itu404(m): 10:16am On Dec 18, 2022
To do justice to this topic, we should define who a Christian is and what he possesses or enjoys. A Christian is a person who enjoys some spiritual benefit and has a new spiritual identity, a newness of life and a renewed mind. Most of these are invisible to the ordinary person except when some fruits manifest and his new views become obvious to friends and family members. No wonder the bible says ‘if any man is in Christ he is a new creature’.

What is a curse? A curse is any words, incantation or invocation with a negative effect, issued from any person. It works because it carries with it the potency to achieve its effect. A curse has mobility without borders. Hence, a curse can affect somebody in Cincinnati in America, even if it is from far away cape or Cairo.

Curses don’t just affect anybody, there are reasons that can happen. Some curses are relative, while others go from one generation to the next in a family. To make easily understood i will make use the power of some diseases; take example, if you have a simple headache it only require a pain killer and a little rest on your part; that is simple and headache is not contagious. but if you are an acquired deficiency syndrome, AIDS , patient that could be transferred to your innocent wife. There is a warning in the bible of some acts leading to a generational curse! beware some sin do not end when the perpetrator end; instead the deadly consequent just remain as a sentinel to unleash at interval, the result of those evil acts or practice. The first example is seen in the life of Rueben, the first son of Jacob. Genesis 49:2-4 Gather yourselves together, and hear, ye sons of Jacob; and hearken unto Israel your father. Reuben, thou art my firstborn, my might, and the beginning of my strength, the excellency of dignity, and the excellency of power: Unstable as water, thou shalt not excel; because thou wentest up to thy father’s bed; then defiledst thou it: he went up to my couch. A curse has power and mobility, but there is a doorway before a curse can act. The above passage the father reminded Reuben of what act he did. The bible says curse causeless shall not come; child of God do not open a door for a curse for your lineage. Reuben was the first he had the mandate to carry on the spiritual legacy of that family, but he brought reproach for all and sundry to mock the family. This was a generational curse because it affected his lineage.

A Christian maybe under some kind of a generational curse no doubt, the solution is to identify the kind of curse and get deliverance; it has to be identified and deliverance conducted. Reuben belongs to a chosen race but look what happened to his generational till the great intercessor, Moses broke the curse! saying it can not happen to me is like saying a woman who has lived in sexual purity can not contact AIDS if her partner is positive. After Reuben has departed the children generation were under in achievement and success in every sphere of life; it took a priest of God to brake the curse, see Deuteronomy 33:6 Let Reuben live, and not die; and let not his men be few. I know somebody will say Jesus has broken all curses on the cross. Indeed, true that is!. It is that authority we use in breaking these curses because it has already be done. A correct interpretation of scriptures is to read and juxtapose it with happenings of your time.

MARANATHA!

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens: Monday, January 2,2023 / Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This... / Prayers For The New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.