Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,351 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Java Deployment Help - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Deployment Help (1467 Views)

Asp.net Mvc Deployment / Educational App For Deployment / Deployment In Vb.net Please Urgent Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java Deployment Help by 0yewale(m): 12:22pm On Aug 31, 2011
Pls i am working on java database application(Mysql), i need the steps on how to attached the database with
the application , when am deploying it. Thanks.
Re: Java Deployment Help by naijaswag1: 12:28pm On Aug 31, 2011
read this up and get the basic knowledge you need to get started

http://download.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/jdbc/index.html
Re: Java Deployment Help by Fayimora(m): 1:11pm On Aug 31, 2011
YOu probably talking about an embedded database. I think you can find some info in the link above. However, the way it works is,

- you develop your application
- you download and install a database driver, most people use the jdbc
- you use an embedded database(obviously you gotta create it first), most people tend to use derby as an embedded database
- connect to it and use it the way you want to

Have a look at this topic --> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-737287.0.html
Re: Java Deployment Help by 0yewale(m): 1:14pm On Aug 31, 2011
thanks for your comments, am not using neither derby nor any other embedded database,
but i want to able to install the setup on another PC with out installing the DB separately
Re: Java Deployment Help by Fayimora(m): 1:23pm On Aug 31, 2011
Am confused! cry undecided embarassed
Re: Java Deployment Help by 0yewale(m): 1:40pm On Aug 31, 2011
what am saying is that, i develop an application that connects with mysql as its database, so am trying to deploy, so that installing the application on another system and it will still interact with the DB tables, so am looking for a way to detach the table and deploy it with the application, i have a crook way of doing it,, but i guess its not professional that it why i created this thread
Re: Java Deployment Help by Fayimora(m): 1:47pm On Aug 31, 2011
And thats exactly what i explained. If you have a remote database that has remote access, say online and you want the database to be online then fine. You would still need the driver anyways. However, you have to use derby! Thers no 2 ways, you need an embedded database! Go do some little exercises with derby and then when you are good enough with it, you implement in into your application.

How does your application connect to the database currently? sounds like you already have the driver!
Re: Java Deployment Help by Danyl(m): 3:33pm On Aug 31, 2011
@oyewale what you need is an embedded database it cant be far from that, so far you want the database to be installed along with the application.
Re: Java Deployment Help by cocoon(m): 10:01pm On Aug 31, 2011
I think this is what the guy needs: Connector/MXJ

"MySQL Connector/MXJ is a Java utility package for deploying and managing a MySQL database. Connector/MXJ may be bundled with an existing Java application as a "plain old Java object" (POJO), as a Connector/J socket factory, or as a JMX MBean.

Deploying and using MySQL from Connector/MXJ can be as easy as adding an additional parameter to the JDBC connection url, which will result in the database being started when the first connection is made. This makes it easy for Java developers to deploy applications which require a database by reducing installation barriers for their end-users.

MySQL Connector/MXJ makes the MySQL database appear to be a java-based component. It does this by determining what platform the system is running on, selecting the appropriate binary, and launching the executable. It will also optionally deploy an initial database, with any specified parameters"

this is the download link

http://www.mysql.com/downloads/connector/mxj/

this is a short tutorial on how to embed mysql into java app

http://www.jroller.com/mmatthews/entry/yes_it_really_is_this

hope it helps

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Our Software So Typical( And Mediocre) / Write A Program In Vb 6 Or Vb.net 2010 To Calculate The Value Of N Factorial / Mail Crypt - Safest Way To Send Vital Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.