Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum (26329 Views)

Niger Military To Prosecute Mohamed Bazoum For ‘High Treason’ As Sanctions Bite / Mohamed Bazoum, Niger’s Ousted President Reduced To Eating Dry Rice / Niger Soldiers Announce President Bazoum's Removal From Office (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by dre11(m): 11:05am On Dec 18, 2022
Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives, Niger Republic President

The president of Niger Republic, Mohamed Bazoum, said he has forbidden all his ministers from marrying extra wives as a measure to tackle poverty and birth control in the country.

According to the World Bank, the country is one of the poorest countries in West Africa with a GDP per capita of $567.7 and population of 25 million.

In an interview with VOA Hausa, Mr Bazoum, who is in Washington for the US-Africa summit, blamed the high rate of illiteracy in the country for the population explosion.

He said even the Arab nations, which his people see as role models for practicing Islam, don’t give birth to many children.

The Arabs are role models in the practice of this religion (Islam). But you hardly find more than three children in a house, each family has two or a maximum of three children, and that’s the case in all Arab and Muslim nations.

In our own case, you will find 10, 20 and even 30 children in one house, that is the first step to poverty,” Mr Bazoum said.

“The major cause of this is because our people are not educated. A lot of us didn’t go to school, and it’s only when you seek knowledge that you would understand that giving birth to plenty will led you to poverty.

“Take the elites for example: ministers, security chiefs, and top government officials. You will never find 30 children in their houses, and these are the rich people in our society.

When asked if that was the reason for his decision to ban his ministers from marrying more wives, Mr Bazoum answered in the affirmative.

He noted that any cabinet member who intends to marry an extra wife must drop his appointment.

Yes, I gave that order, you can’t be a minister in my administration and marry two wives, and none of them have flouted that order.

“However, those who have two wives before taking office are allowed to retain their wives
,” he added.

https://dailynigerian.com/why-banned-ministers-marrying/

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by SLAP44: 11:06am On Dec 18, 2022
These men all married more than one wife each grin

They are the problems of Nigeria.

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by God1000(m): 11:06am On Dec 18, 2022
I like this president and his approach.

The best way to escape poverty is having one wife with at most two kids, especially for poor families.

Having numerous wives and children you can't cater for is a big societal problem.

137 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by MandelaLives: 11:07am On Dec 18, 2022
The Arabs are role models in the practice of this religion (Islam). But you hardly find more than three children in a house, each family has two or a maximum of three children, and that’s the case in all Arab and Muslim nations.
African Muslims try to appear more Muslim than the Arabs in many ways. They keep breeding children to use for manipulation and violence and think they are serving God. Africans are mostly scum, I swear.

107 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by Eriokanmi: 11:07am On Dec 18, 2022
You can't preach this in the north, where someone like Ado Doguwa of kano who had no other means of livelihood than politics is bragging over 30 children. Let them lose power and see how poverty would bombard the entire family cos the money stolen won't be there forever.

People should ask MKO's family. Despite being one of the successful families in Nigeria at a time, they tasted poverty. One of his sons was caught up in a fraud of over 30m naira some years back. What's 30b naira sef, when his dad was alive talk less of 30m? It took the efforts of those his dad had helped to pay that money. We need to begin to teach these people some sense. You keep giving birth like rats yet, your region remains number one in the world on poverty and out of school children list. This was what Sanusi Lamido preached against and they removed him unceremoniously.

I keep saying this, if care isn't taken, we'd lose our giants of Africa status to a mushroom country in near future. Anyone who has been to Rwanda would relate. See Niger, I'm short of words. Go to Niger Republic, an arid country today, the rate of development there is so high. Does anybody know Niger had a functional refinery where Nigeria imports petrol from? Nigerians are busy investing in Niger as I speak. Though an Islamic country, its one of the most peaceful nations in West Africa. Most of their people doing gateman and maiguard job here in lagos have returned home. There must be a change of leadership next year. We can't continue like this.

172 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by Creamypie(m): 11:08am On Dec 18, 2022
Great. Meanwhile down here, one accountant general dey steal over 100 billion, dey marry a teenager to add to his harem of wives. In a country wey 15 years after graduation, no employment

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by JoeNL22(m): 11:09am On Dec 18, 2022
dre11:

https://dailynigerian.com/why-banned-ministers-marrying/

Nlfpmod

Lol.....
Obi hope you are taking note?

Will you implement this strategy?

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by MarketDispatch: 11:09am On Dec 18, 2022

20 Likes

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by Moh247: 11:23am On Dec 18, 2022

China implemented similar policy and now they are very happy and developed

A wife and 4 children is ok

But why are some people seeing Tinubu all around even on thread not related

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by xratedxG: 11:26am On Dec 18, 2022
Great. Meanwhile down here, one accountant general dey steal over 100 billion, dey marry a teenager to add to his harem of wives

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by SLAP44: 11:27am On Dec 18, 2022
Moh247:

How many wives and children does the presidential candidate you support have.

Hypocrite.

20 Likes

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by MufasaLion: 11:27am On Dec 18, 2022
Nobody should have more than one wife and at most, two kids.

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by Moh247: 11:28am On Dec 18, 2022
SLAP44:

How many wives and children does the presidential candidate you support have.

Hypocrite.

Tinubu has just one wife

And she has a career as a Senator

What's Obi's wife's career

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by SLAP44: 11:29am On Dec 18, 2022
Moh247:

Tinubu has just one wife

Is Remi the mother of Iyaloja?

They said the Iyaloja is older than Remi.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by Moh247: 11:29am On Dec 18, 2022
SLAP44:

Is Remi the mother of Iyaloja?

No, Iyaloja's mother died long time ago

Do you have anything against a man remarrying

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by SLAP44: 11:30am On Dec 18, 2022
Moh247:

Tinubu has just one wife

And she has a career as a Senator

What's Obi's wife's career

Senator? grin
Dino melaye was also a Senator, stop attaching any respect to Nigerian senators.

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by SLAP44: 11:31am On Dec 18, 2022
Moh247:

No, Iyaloja's mother died long time ago

Do you have anything against a man remarrying

When did she die? Who was she?

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by Moh247: 11:32am On Dec 18, 2022
SLAP44:

Senator? grin
Dino melaye was also a Senator, stop attributing any respect to Nigerian senators.

Distinguished Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Remi got more votes in her Senatorial district than what Obi got in Anambra

Respect her

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by SLAP44: 11:33am On Dec 18, 2022
Moh247:

Respect her

Bullion van stories grin

Just like Atiku who used looted funds to become governor and VP

23 Likes

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by NwaMamaIwota(f): 11:34am On Dec 18, 2022
Moh247:

Respect her
keep deceiving yourself

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by Moh247: 11:36am On Dec 18, 2022
SLAP44:

Bullion van stories grin

Do you have any evidence to back up this

Or it's another lies due to envy?!

Like Obi like supporters... Him to lie the lies with statistics

Go and verify

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by NwaMamaIwota(f): 11:40am On Dec 18, 2022
Moh247:

Do you have any evidence to back up this

Or it's another lies due to envy?!

Like Obi like supporters... Him to lie the lies with statistics

Go and verify
Tinubu is a criminal
he'll never rule this country
Kiss the truth

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by Moh247: 11:40am On Dec 18, 2022
SLAP44:

Bullion van stories grin

Obi stole his own money and took it abroad for his wife

Tinubu used his own money in Bullion Vans to give poor people that came to beg at his house

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by CanineOfJackal: 11:44am On Dec 18, 2022
Moh247:

Tinubu would have had children everywhere but his penis is leaking more of urine than sperm

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by Moh247: 11:44am On Dec 18, 2022
CanineOfJackal:
Tinubu would have had children everywhere but his penis is leaking more of urine than sperm

Why are you obsessed with a 70 years old man's penis

Dude you are wierd and creepy

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by NwaMamaIwota(f): 11:45am On Dec 18, 2022
Moh247:

Obi stole his own money and took it abroad for his wife

Tinubu used his own money in Bullion Vans to give poor people that came to beg at his house

Oyedele are you Drugnified ?

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by NwaMamaIwota(f): 11:46am On Dec 18, 2022
Moh247:

shatap my love

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by CanineOfJackal: 11:55am On Dec 18, 2022
Moh247:

Tinubu's penis is 94 years old grin

Did you call Tinubu 70 year old?

Anyone that believes Tinubu is 70 year old will never make headway in life, may his/her children suffer calamity for saying an obvious lie

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by emmanuelbrown26: 12:43pm On Dec 18, 2022
Moh247:

HIS ORGANS DUN DAMAGE THATS WHY HE URiNATES ANYWHERE HE GOES. ABEG MAK UNA CLEAN BAbA NYASh AND CHAnGE HIS PAMPERS

Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by GOFRONT(m): 1:03pm On Dec 18, 2022
Re: Why I Banned My Ministers From Marrying Extra Wives - Mohamed Bazoum by omowolewa: 1:08pm On Dec 18, 2022
What of Extra concubines and side chicks

Side chick is costlier o

Tennessee Floods: 15 Killed Including Twin Toddlers, More Than 30 Missing(Pix) / Ukraine’s Zelenskiy Agrees To Peace Talks With Russia / Tonga Hit By Tsunami After Underwater Volcano Erupts (Photos, Video)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126