Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari (23918 Views)

Naira Withdrawal Limit: APC Government's Scamming Nigerians – Kachikwu / Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech / Amosun And Adekunle Akinlade Meet Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by tizteezy(m): 8:13pm On Dec 18, 2022
Lol
Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by JuanDeDios: 8:16pm On Dec 18, 2022
Islie:
•Say CBN’s policy will hurt rural dwellers

•Claim cash limit may set masses against president

https://thenationonlineng.net/governors-reject-naira-withdrawal-limit-offer-to-meet-buhari/
Seems naira withdrawal limit is a good thing. For governors to be against it.
Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:16pm On Dec 18, 2022
As an economist, I support CBN Policy. When soludo embarked on bank consolidation and some stringent measures nobody supported it, almost everyone in government criticized it. But thank God for a responsible President who did not bulge.

1 Like

Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 18, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Paint it the way you want, this policy is very wrong. You can't just go copy one system from Europe and impose it on us without taking note of the structures on which they were built in that Europe.

Network is even the main challenge here, why not get at least 90% perfection on this first? Imagine after shopping in the mall, you either make a transfer or use the POS only for the money to get stucked, call the bank, they tell you to wait for 5 working days before reversal.

Secondly, why punishing over 200 million Nigerians because of less than 10k politicians? Recently, the cbn says there are over 1.4 million pos agents nationwide, with 20k daily maximum withdrawal limits, how can they continue their business?

This is just a tip of the Iceberg on the attendant issues with this policy, there over 100 other cases that are yet to be noticed and will largely affect SMEs which this govt claim to be its main apostle.

And for those thinking they are doing Tinubu, I just dey laff. grin grin grin

Anyway, what do I know?
Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:20pm On Dec 18, 2022
onatisi:
it will destroy the economy, you are ok because you are in a city where there is telecom networks, atm, pos and you have the luxury of being educated. there are many who are in remote areas where the network is very bad, how will they transact? how will food sellers going deep into rurarl areas pay farmers when even ppl in the cities are rejecting the new notes / we don't have the infrastructure yet to do these things.

LeoDeKing:
Paint it the way you want, this policy is very wrong. You can't just go copy one system from Europe and impose it on us without taking note of the structures on which they were built in that Europe.

Network is even the main challenge here, why not get at least 90% perfection on this first? Imagine after shopping in the mall, you either make a transfer or use the POS only for the money to get stucked, call the bank, they tell you to wait for 5 working days before reversal.

Secondly, why punishing over 200 million Nigerians because of less than 10k politicians? Recently, the cbn says there are over 1.4 million pos agents nationwide, with 20k daily maximum withdrawal limits, how can they continue their business?

This is just a tip of the Iceberg on the attendant issues with this policy, there over 100 other cases that are yet to be noticed and will largely affect SMEs which this govt claim to be its main apostle.

Anyway, what do I know?
Soludo did worse than these when he was Governor and criticism more reasonable than yours poured in. And most government officials lamented that it will destroy the economy. But an understandable presidency ensured they were not moved by public opinion. And in the long run it was a success
Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by Anambra1stS0n: 8:21pm On Dec 18, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Anyway, what do I know?
After election CBN will review let test run it first to see the effect
Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by ForgetfulJones: 8:26pm On Dec 18, 2022
onatisi:
it will destroy the economy, you are ok because you are in a city where there is telecom networks, atm, pos and you have the luxury of being educated. there are many who are in remote areas where the network is very bad, how will they transact? how will food sellers going deep into rurarl areas pay farmers when even ppl in the cities are rejecting the new notes / we don't have the infrastructure yet to do these things.
it will be hard at first but we will adjust, I know some communities that still use coins as medium of exchange in Nigeria and I believe you will not accept that being in the city, we need draconian laws to thrive in this country.

1 Like

Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by Dreamhighnow(m): 8:27pm On Dec 18, 2022
God1000:
They should mount pressure on president buhari and CBN to reverse this policy abeg.

But i hope they are not doing this for their own selfish interest sha because elections are coming and these governors will like to spend their slush funds without hindrances

You think governors need cash from atm. They get directly from source �

Even the likes of Tinubu will use influence of Lagos and many states to get fund

1 Like

Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by Annistars: 8:33pm On Dec 18, 2022
ayenale1:
That policy has come to stay...bubu will not answer them...
I

I trust him, he doesn't have ear to hear them out
Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by Elidrisy20: 8:34pm On Dec 18, 2022
Na who get money,dey complain. Congratulations Messi
Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by davidtemi(m): 8:37pm On Dec 18, 2022
another1:
I wish this 20k daily withdrawal will stand.
I swear my last wish from buhari
Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by sukar886: 8:38pm On Dec 18, 2022
Criminals, tinubu is sending them to buhari... It can't work , I trust buhari on this one , no going back
Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by olaniyilukman(m): 8:42pm On Dec 18, 2022
imadiyi:

Onatisi, the chief economist of Nigeria. Na you know economic policy pass for Nigeria; you know pass all CBN hierarchy. Do you know the number of persons (economists, bankers, policy makers, accountants, data analyst etc) that sat down to discuss it out, before implantation.

How many renowned economists, bankers, policy makers, etc have come out openly to criticize this policy.
Stop the thrash bro and think forward for once without depending on any theory, the same professors of Economics, statistician that has been sat down and formulate policies for years without no tangible results, yet inflation keep rising day by day, month by month and years by years, we need to sit down and look at how we can develop economy model that will be suitable for our country. It is not a must that we must do copy and paste model

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by Jagsconcept887(m): 8:44pm On Dec 18, 2022
I don’t support the reversal of the cash withdrawal limit. This politicians are only fighting for there selfish interest because it’s an election year we are gearing into.
The policy will make it difficult to spend there stolen funds during the election period. This is in fact the best policy the president has ever dished out

1 Like

Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by Donpenny(m): 8:57pm On Dec 18, 2022
Have they ever move against cost of living crisis killing the common man or the insecurity ravaging the rural dwellers. Bunches of selfish greedy men fighting for their pockets hiding under the guess of fighting for the commoners. This policy must stay, let's see if it will correct the economy. The CBN is also govern by a Governor and it is an autonomous institution. They should mind their business
Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by Aboguede(m): 9:02pm On Dec 18, 2022
Weather they reverse the withdrawal limit or they no reverse am, na the same.

All I know is that Nigeria is growing.

Weather we are growing in the right direction or in wrong direction, we are growing!

All the problems in Nigeria today especially inflation are curses of properganda, fake news and falls alarms.

American Democrats will not allow the world to drink water and have peace. They always want to be the senseless chief slave without benefit or pride.

God bless trump
Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by Okechinwadike: 9:04pm On Dec 18, 2022
this is the best achievement of buhari,baba abeg no gree ooooo we are ok with it
Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by do4luv14(m): 9:15pm On Dec 18, 2022
Lovenorth:
Who is preventing you from doing transfer?

It seems you don't know how small business are being Run,
BTW it is well
Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by Roboto11: 9:43pm On Dec 18, 2022
1.4 million POS operators in Nigeria.

grin
Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by Mrbenny001: 9:50pm On Dec 18, 2022
The people in rural area can't survive this policy...last last people will stop putting their money in the bank

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by AfroKnight: 9:52pm On Dec 18, 2022
Emefiele is looking for their trouble. They will boot him out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by victooman: 10:09pm On Dec 18, 2022
bluefilm:

Is there ever a right time to do anything in your country?

You guys are always resisting every policy the government wants to put in place.

You guys keep on giving excuses why so, so and so cannot happen in your country meanwhile you keep comparing your country to those other countries where such policies are working out fine.

See, lemme tell you something, the best time to do something is NOW.
is this the priority? why are some of you spewing trash like illiterate? did other countries start developing their country by implementing cashless policy? what is wrong with some of u self? electricity here is epileptic, network itself is below average,no good roads,, nothing of any significant improvement and you jump in by implementing cashless policy? the bvn and NIN you people introduce what use has it been to Nigerians,, u want to render 1.4 million Nigerians jobless because u are interested in living in a digital world in a dipilidated country?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by yemi1504: 10:12pm On Dec 18, 2022
Islie:
•Say CBN’s policy will hurt rural dwellers

•Claim cash limit may set masses against president

https://thenationonlineng.net/governors-reject-naira-withdrawal-limit-offer-to-meet-buhari/

This is great news! That draconian anti-people policy must be reversed and rescinded!

1 Like

Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by yemi1504: 10:15pm On Dec 18, 2022
Indispensable85:
Very useless policy

You can say that again!

1 Like

Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by yemi1504: 10:20pm On Dec 18, 2022
Sky506:
This would just increase the rate of crime in the aspect of fake transfer

You can say that again!

1 Like

Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by yemi1504: 10:27pm On Dec 18, 2022
Mrbenny001:
The people in rural area can't survive this policy...last last people will stop putting their money in the bank

Abi. The people here living in cities think bank network is the same for those living in rual areas. I laugh in French. Once people are unable to send or transfer money due to regular bad bank networks in rural areas, people will start keeping money in their houses which is wholly against the objective of this policy and that will invite thieves and armed robbers into such places. This is an ill-thought out policy that is a copy and paste model of functioning societies where bank network issues are the least of their problems. My 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by chiol: 10:27pm On Dec 18, 2022
saintopus:

In fact anything opposed by Governors know that it's the right thing.

They only protested because it will hurt them terribly.

Take for instance my Rivers State governor still paying N18k minimum wage without employment or promotion for the past seven years also crying for the review of the policy.

The minimum wage is already less than the withdrawal limit so why complaining if you never had an ulterior motives.

Politicians are evil

Run whenever you see your enemy pretending to be caring for you. In as much as the limit needs to be increased small, it will help in stopping the way these governors are embezzling our money, especially the LG funds.

They normally mandate LGAs to withdraw their allocation cash and return same to them. They are crying foul because it will be difficult for them to continue their business. Don't be deceived that the care about the rural dwellers.

1 Like

Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by vee22: 10:34pm On Dec 18, 2022
It would make kidnapping less lucrative

1 Like

Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by ufotunang: 10:37pm On Dec 18, 2022
RuddyFusion:
Let it stand till after the elections
Then CBN can review it
...yes after the election...so as to discourage voting buying by those corrupt politicians
Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by Babathanks(m): 10:43pm On Dec 18, 2022
another1:

But at least let it stand till after election.
So Pos operators and rural communities should be susuffering because of your yeye election? For ur information all politicians are the same so stop this ur ur sentiments

1 Like

Re: Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari by onatisi(m): 10:51pm On Dec 18, 2022
the truth is when naira cash becomes scarce, people will be forced to turn to other means of cash, don't be surprised if some companies or transactions start demanding foreign currencies as means of payment.
my assumptions or opinions are not personal and this is a view shared by many pos operators, bankers, and also politicians. we all know this move is political, it was initiated to curb politicians' excessive spending during the election period, and they will definitely change it after the elections. CBN itself knows this and the reason why they are rushing for its implementation before the elections
even as we speak and write, the new naira notes the CBN is hinging their cashless policy and saying you and I will be entitled to just 20k per week is already been sold at owambe parties and people are spraying it on politicians so please, why are people been punished? the very few naira notes they are giving to the public is not in many Nigerians' pocket and ATMs don't have them but it is been sold at parties.

darthv:
Naira go dey valuable that's all that matters

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

In One Year, Buhari Succeeded In Running Nigeria Aground – Fayose Blasts / Owerri Jail Break: FG To Pardon Escaped Inmates, If They Voluntarily Return / Tinubu Donates ₦‎20 Million As Church Marks 100 Years Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.