Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,219 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) (71802 Views)

I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara / How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN / Hawkers Fight Dirty On Lagos Ibadan Express Road Over Customer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by Sophicent(f): 7:54pm On Dec 18, 2022
Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by traihit: 7:55pm On Dec 18, 2022
inoki247:
lol Money wey some bank branch neva get access to people for party don get access to it....

There's no way you can cage Nigerians deu will always look for loopholes just to rip the system....

Those who made the law hate following the law.

So, they created loopholes to favour themselves. The crafty ones among ordinary people discover the loopholes and exploit it to favour themselves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by Stevosty: 8:01pm On Dec 18, 2022
oyeb15:
The money have to be low quality so as to discourage stocking it for long. Once your money begin to fade nobody go tell u to spend am or deposit it in bank
Tell me more, counterfeiting made easy.

2 Likes

Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by Bluntemperor: 8:03pm On Dec 18, 2022
SocialJustice:
DSS will soon start arresting them. The business is very lucrative though.

It's wrong for Nigerians to do this now!
Where did they got the new notes from - Bankers,off course or one tick Madam doing their Corruption somewhere!
Meanwhile,99.9% of Nigerians are yet to have or seen the colours of the New Naira!
Shameful
Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by Indispensable85(m): 8:03pm On Dec 18, 2022
I laff
Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by blowjohn(m): 8:04pm On Dec 18, 2022
How can there be no option of fine?
But there is option of fine when millions are stolen

1 Like

Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by Thepolo999(m): 8:27pm On Dec 18, 2022
My people my people.CBN HOW MARKET
Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by theamazonguru(m): 8:29pm On Dec 18, 2022
inoki247:
lol Money wey some bank branch neva get access to people for party don get access to it....

There's no way you can cage Nigerians deu will always look for loopholes just to rip the system....

Don't be surprised,it's the manager of that branch claiming he has not received the new note that is supplying this woman.

Imagine making N200 on N1000. That is 200k on N1m. If they share the profit on 50%-50% or even if it's 60% -40% it still makes sense.
Better side hustle.

Are you aware that bank staff use bank money to do loan business.
They collect the interest, they pocket it. Though no single person does it alone, they do it as a team. As in the person running the show, carries 2-3 other people along in case the thing wan gas, they can help out.

See there are many many back yard deals happening in the banking sector.
Trust me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by einsteine(m): 8:31pm On Dec 18, 2022
Mumu Emefiele go dey give people lamba.

The only he reason they did a redesign was because it would be a chance to do some spending. You can draw your conclusions on things like contract inflation, for example.

Also, the demonetisation is stupid knowing that Nigeria has an informal economy.

Middlemen with access to CBN cash would be the beneficiaries of Emefiele's policies as the cost of getting cash would increase

1 Like

Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by SocialJustice: 8:31pm On Dec 18, 2022
Bluntemperor:

It's wrong for Nigerians to do this now!
Where did they got the new notes from - Bankers,off course or one tick Madam doing their Corruption somewhere!
Meanwhile,99.9% of Nigerians are yet to have or seen the colours of the New Naira!
Shameful
Nazo
Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by Skyehigher1: 8:33pm On Dec 18, 2022
All Nigerians are the problem f this country both politicians. Bankers. Everybody is behind the naira devaluation. Because of bitcoins they destroy naira value

1 Like

Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by WelcomeToBiafra: 8:35pm On Dec 18, 2022
Evidence of a failed state.
When Biafra government will start printing currencies for Biafrans economic/commerce everybody will hail Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by Famofamo: 8:38pm On Dec 18, 2022

Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by jamess32: 8:47pm On Dec 18, 2022
Menclothing:
This country na scam it's not only president that will make it better
Cbn don't even have money to print enough reason for new policy of 20k withdrawal they even use low quality paper and ink

Cbn want to scatter this economy the new currency is easy to mint the standard is low
I said this recently and someone attacked my comment. The truth is remain that CBN can't afford new note printing
Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by boldtruthalways: 8:57pm On Dec 18, 2022
Btw now and January when the withdrawal limit will take effect, the corrupt politicians must have packed enough to store for the election its difficult to control Nigeria's corruption.
May God give Nigeria Peter Obi to save the terrible situation.
Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by Faposky95: 9:00pm On Dec 18, 2022
Believe a fib low character government like APC...with it plethora of confusionists.....
We would have continued to love them....but unknown to many...jaguars and leopards are dangerous and cannot change.....which they promised......
New Naira my aassss.....animal
Go arrest the situation...only to see banks now copy numbers on notes they dispense....
Dreamers....
PDP tot same and look at them......
We're waiting...not too long now
Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by Zane2point4(m): 9:01pm On Dec 18, 2022
AchichaMmuo:
Got the 1k notes today, looked very inferior and fake, the color is just too dull, no difference, just the color and texture change. Had to spend it immediately. The former notes are better.
That is nigerian under this usless retrogressive administration,upon all graduate wey full Nigeria wey deh design mad stuffs am not supprised they chose one quota system person to gv the contract,this is why things seems not to work

2 Likes

Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by sirwhyteB(m): 9:54pm On Dec 18, 2022
Naija is under curse

2 Likes

Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by Heffalump(m): 10:41pm On Dec 18, 2022
Menclothing:
This country na scam it's not only president that will make it better
Cbn don't even have money to print enough reason for new policy of 20k withdrawal they even use low quality paper and ink

Cbn want to scatter this economy the new currency is easy to mint the standard is low

What do you expect when you have half educated people from one particular tribe in the North in charge of affairs?
Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by faceland: 10:44pm On Dec 18, 2022
oyeb15:
The money have to be low quality so as to discourage stocking it for long. Once your money begin to fade nobody go tell u to spend am or deposit it in bank

The stupid Buhari must have given contract to the same people printing Ghana money so they just use the Ghanaian ink on old Nigerian plates.

1 Like

Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by Menclothing: 10:45pm On Dec 18, 2022
Heffalump:

What do you expect when you have half educated people from one particular tribe in the North in charge of affairs?
North in charge of CBN?
Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by faceland: 10:47pm On Dec 18, 2022
AchichaMmuo:
Got the 1k notes today, looked very inferior and fake, the color is just too dull, no difference, just the color and texture change. Had to spend it immediately. The former notes are better.

It wasn't any design. Na shortcut, then Buhari release the money with limited ink (from Ghana).
Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by Heffalump(m): 10:52pm On Dec 18, 2022
Menclothing:

North in charge of CBN?

Emefiele is just sitting there as a figure head. Majority of the Directors in CBN are all from one segment of Nigeria. Should I mention names hear b4 you believe me?

Same thing applies in virtually most of the government parastatals.
Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by Menclothing: 10:54pm On Dec 18, 2022
Heffalump:

Emefiele is just sitting there as a figure head. Majority of the Directors in CBN are all from one segment of Nigeria. Should I mention names hear b4 you believe me?

Same thing applies in virtually most of the government parastatals.

Mention

Cbn is independent

All decision are made by gov and deputy gov
Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 18, 2022
Wellcome to the fantastically corrupt shithole in Africa.
Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by ibinaboonline: 12:12am On Dec 19, 2022
Crispy kwa? I hope it's not too salty. grin
xpressionx:
Crispy note have always been sold at parties in nigeria.
So it's no new thing

1 Like

Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by ibinaboonline: 12:14am On Dec 19, 2022
Tell me why in God's name the ATM is still dispensing notes that are been withdrawn. What sort of a country is this for Pete's sake?
Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by SaLongs1(m): 5:52am On Dec 19, 2022
Fiscus105:
Oh Naija my country!

Oyinbo brought religion we turned it to business.
Oyinbo brought education, it became nonsense.
They bring democracy, it's now crazydemo
They bring internet, but changed to yahoo
Now cashless economy........?
We sabotage ourselves and blame the leadership and everyone else but ourselves and wait for some almighty to rectify it for us
Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by BennyDGreat: 7:10am On Dec 19, 2022
Menclothing:

Mention

Cbn is independent

All decision are made by gov and deputy gov

Subject to the influence of a largely northern influence...
Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by BennyDGreat: 7:11am On Dec 19, 2022
mechanics:
Even the ATM in my bank branch is still dispensing the old notes, it seems the old naira note deadline won't be feasible.

It doesn't seem....it is.
You can't mop up money in a rush....
They know these things nau...

It's suppose to be 3-6 months timeline

1 Like

Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by JoeNL22(m): 8:41am On Dec 19, 2022
How na?
Sumtin dey just released 2 days ago.
Na wa!
At the metion of peter obi.....every urchin & mikanoites must bow, every sane Nigeria must confess that Omoluabi Obi is the best among the rest and President of the Federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) by Menclothing: 10:40am On Dec 19, 2022
BennyDGreat:

Subject to the influence of a largely northern influence...
Name them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of Wigwe Hosting Dangote And Otedola In His Lagos Mansion 2 Weeks Ago / Postal Codes Of Nigerian Cities / Understanding The Basic Principle Of Generating Income Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.