Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,613 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? (11328 Views)

Edo: How Bayelsa Verdict Weighs Against Oshiomhole - The Guardian / Where Is Oshiomhole’s Wife, Lara? / Oshiomhole: The Gang-up Thickens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by real777(m): 10:09am On Dec 19, 2022
Nigeria governors are the laziest and the least intelligent in the world. Collect allocation from Abuja, pay salaries. Next is to reconstruct few substandard roads in already concentrated areas. All of these for 8 years and then the next one does his. No innovation, no well planned cities, no human capital development, no social security.

The difference between Oshiomole and Obaseki is this: while Oshio was building roads with wider views and some side walks, the current one is a sitting duck making all major roads in Benin city narrower. Two vehicles can hardly pass each other in opposite direction. The former used generator to power street lights while the latter is using Ossiomon gas plant. The both are very useless and a total failure in Edo State. The roads left by Ogbemudia is what they can't even maintain or expand let alone building their own world class roads. Nigeria and black Africans in general can't even show a local government in their state with close resemblance to the developed nations of the world.
Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 19, 2022
Superwave16320:
What state is your Igbo mother n father let's see if it's a world class state n your you can take all you wailing about not being Igbo with your father to hell.

Asunu. I m not Igbo
Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by olarid01: 10:26am On Dec 19, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
I be Bini....both mama and papa Bini

I agree

But he later messed up
Thinking he was a messiah

He wanted to do the tinubu control here in Edo
Thinking we are fools and slaves....
Not only that... how he go say iyamu na criminal but because now that he and obaseki are no longer in good terms he started saying iyamu is no longer a criminal

See, this your statement is why I'm not a strong believer of youths.
You mentioned he's behaving like a god, what exactly did he do? Did he disallow Obaseki from rulling? Was he the one that refused to swear in democratically elected house members? What exactly did he do, please be specific.

All we're hearing is he's behaving like a god with no concrete proof whatsoever. Hell, he worked like crazy for that ingrate Obaseki and yet he only have one member in his cabinet which the guy later removed.

1 Like

Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by babsbolad: 10:27am On Dec 19, 2022
EjaikreTheViper:
This cheap shameless APC stipend collector has come again with his rotten threads.

By the way, where is the wife of the orangutan?
Why are you dodging the question? Give your opinion and possibly list the achievements of whoever you believe has been the best governor ever in Edo State.

1 Like

Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by jice(m): 10:38am On Dec 19, 2022
Roboto11:

Why not tell us who has done better?

Ogemudia and Alli outwit Oshomole in performance. Ask your father.
Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by johnsaniolu(m): 10:41am On Dec 19, 2022
Yes he is the best for now
Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by Roboto11: 10:45am On Dec 19, 2022
jice:

Ogemudia and Alli outwit Oshomole in performance. Ask your father.

You must be a dunce.

Was Ogbemudia a democratic ruler?

Are you aware it was even Bendel state?

Ask your mother.

Likely you don't know your father.

1 Like

Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by Indispensable85(m): 10:45am On Dec 19, 2022
Undisputed best governor Edo State has had thus far is oshiomhole.

Mumu Obaseki is commissioning a 3km street light on a road constructed by oshiomhole.

Lucky igbinedion the ex convict is not worth a mention.

Edo is usually unlucky with governors from Edo south. They're disasters!

2 Likes

Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by monex(m): 10:58am On Dec 19, 2022
Ogbemudia & Ambrose Ali are ahead.
Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by observanc1: 11:01am On Dec 19, 2022
Roboto11:

ambrose alli
Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by Nlkay(m): 11:06am On Dec 19, 2022
edoairways:
He is not

Pls butress. I want to hear your view.
I very much agree Obaseki has being better when you weigh the balances due to the enabling environment for SMEs to thrive and business influx.
Obaseki has never owed civil servants and even paying 40k as minimum wage unlike Osho that killed pensioners with hunger and LG with no pay for 2yrs n still counting.
No employment was recorded in 8years under Osho baba but you can attest to the series of jobs and recruitment currently going on now.
With so much resources available under Osho baba during GEJ, Edo state is still paying and servicing debt incurred unlike this man who has decided not to borrow but looked to utilize PPP.
Osho had good roads with monitoring but Obaseki has being poor with monitoring but more in human capital development which is the bedrock for any society to develop. You can attest to the reforms and training with public servants.
Obaseki has building infrastructures springing up daily whereas the previous administration has none except the Edo hospital.
Overall, I still rate Obaseki above as a good manager of an economy and a visioneer.
Alot is going on in Benin but as usual, people are not seeing it. I can go on and on. Na funke matter and streetlight or gelegele of which the geophysical survey was handled by a partner. There's a lot going on. I rest my case
Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by Roboto11: 11:10am On Dec 19, 2022
observanc1:
ambrose alli

You do know Alli was Governor of Bendel state and not Edo state?

1 Like

Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:12am On Dec 19, 2022
freshkpomo:

who is saying you should insult him for sharing rice and buying Keke napep for you people or giving you one stand to bully people for ticket money ozuor... What did he do special than failure lucky igbinedion apart from the weak roads that did not las and fake street lights that used Diesel so he frew can steal from there Instead of using solar. Tell me just one thing he did better apart from talking and taxing Edo people? Edo state economy was much better under lucky.... Oshiomole sold fully Bendel breweries, under him Bendel insurance died, tell me with facts and stop crying at your age.... Lucky nor do road but him and oshimole nor be mate in so many ways... I don't base my judgement on bias like many of you... Ogbemudia and Abrose Ali even did far better than this short, crafty creature that decieved us to vote Buhari, obaseki and almost ize iyamu who he called a thief.
No matter what you say the reasonable people of Edo will continue to hold Adams dear to their hearts, and come 2023 our people will go to the polls demonstrate their love for Oshobaba by giving him an unprecedented landslide victory.

1 Like

Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:23am On Dec 19, 2022
Nlkay:

Pls butress. I want to hear your view.
I very much agree Obaseki has being better when you weigh the balances due to the enabling environment for SMEs to thrive and business influx.
Obaseki has never owed civil servants and even paying 40k as minimum wage unlike Osho that killed pensioners with hunger and LG with no pay for 2yrs n still counting.
No employment was recorded in 8years under Osho baba but you can attest to the series of jobs and recruitment currently going on now.
With so much resources available under Osho baba during GEJ, Edo state is still paying and servicing debt incurred unlike this man who has decided not to borrow but looked to utilize PPP.
Osho had good roads with monitoring but Obaseki has being poor with monitoring but more in human capital development which is the bedrock for any society to develop. You can attest to the reforms and training with public servants.
Obaseki has building infrastructures springing up daily whereas the previous administration has none except the Edo hospital.
Overall, I still rate Obaseki above as a good manager of an economy and a visioneer.
Alot is going on in Benin but as usual, people are not seeing it. I can go on and on. Na funke matter and streetlight or gelegele of which the geophysical survey was handled by a partner. There's a lot going on. I rest my case
I stopped reading your terrible write up when I got to the bolded. I can conclude that all you posted here are lies upon lies.
I was a beneficiary of Oshobaba employment scheme which took in about 10,000 employees within his first 1yrs in government. I was employed in the 2nd batch of that scheme and I made my first 45k in life.
That employment was what God used to save me from total collapse, and it became the launch pad of my success story.
You people should stop Lieing abeg

1 Like

Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by steeltrust: 11:52am On Dec 19, 2022
I agree with you To some extent
For infrastructure oshomole did well
But not total oh that is to say major road construction

Oshomole was so corrupt
If you look the other way

But for obaseki and ogbenedion
Those two are wayward like okezie ikpeazu of Abia state

Oshomole was very authoritarian during his time as governor

He was the all and all
And wanted to continue after he left office that brought his disgrace

Oshomole is an example of politicians that get what ever they want no matter what it take even if it takes in killing.
Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by Mistermamus(m): 12:10pm On Dec 19, 2022
He's the best but he eventually messed up.

Benin ppl saw him as a "wayo" man
Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by Belleful: 12:52pm On Dec 19, 2022
EjaikreTheViper:
This cheap shameless APC stipend collector has come again with his rotten threads.

By the way, where is the wife of the orangutan?

Ashawo dog wen dey find another man wife
Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by Belleful: 12:53pm On Dec 19, 2022
The best labour leader ever.
Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by Bizibi(m): 1:00pm On Dec 19, 2022
I agree....
Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by Bigchristo: 1:32pm On Dec 19, 2022
oikirodah:
Oshiomhole Is Still the Best Democratically Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had- Nigerians Open Up

What is your opinion of the former Edo State governor? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/oshiomhole-is-still-the-best-democratically-elected-governor-edo-state-has-ever-had-nigerians-opens-up/

Source iReporteronline.
Oshiomole remains the best governor Edo state ever had after Ogbemudia, regardless of his political affiliation Oshiomole tried his best, not that Kpomo mouth Obaseki that’s commissioning street lights grin grin
Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by Nlkay(m): 1:37pm On Dec 19, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
I stopped reading your terrible write up when I got to the bolded. I can conclude that all you posted here are lies upon lies.
I was a beneficiary of Oshobaba employment scheme which took in about 10,000 employees within his first 1yrs in government. I was employed in the 2nd batch of that scheme and I made my first 45k in life.
That employment was what God used to save me from total collapse, and it became the launch pad of my success story.
You people should stop Lieing abeg

Thank you for drawing my attention.
Kindly state the ministry in which you were employed?
Information available has no state civil service employment record.
I'll like to know the scheme you're talking about or is it casual workers and Edstma?
Do well to inform me pls. Thank you
Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by hopexter(m): 1:40pm On Dec 19, 2022
Fira09:

Can you explain how he was better than igbenedion? though I don't see any of them better. I consistently prefer Igbenedion to Oshiomhole. On a safer note; none of them are better.

Obaseki is the worstest. Oshiomhole did more projects in the northern region of Edo State than the rest, are we supposed to call that 'better'?

I’m from Esan south east which is not a Northern region transformed by Oshiomhole, both roads and schools were rebuilt to modern standard. He linked a road from my village to Igueben, from Igueben to Ekpon and Ekpon to Agbor. He might have not done enough but all these were done in his first tenure. If he did this in Esan south east and Northern part of Edo where he came from and other communities we don’t even know of, imagine what he did in the state’s capital. There’s nothing to attribute igbenedion with in Edo state and Obaseki is following his footsteps. undecided
Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by aspher: 1:40pm On Dec 19, 2022
oikirodah:
Oshiomhole Is Still the Best Democratically Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had- Nigerians Open Up

What is your opinion of the former Edo State governor? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/oshiomhole-is-still-the-best-democratically-elected-governor-edo-state-has-ever-had-nigerians-opens-up/

Source iReporteronline.

No sir. No one but late Professor Ambrose Ali.
Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by Fira09(m): 1:44pm On Dec 19, 2022
hopexter:

I’m from Esan south east which is not a Northern region transformed by Oshiomhole, both roads and schools were rebuilt to modern standard. He linked a road from my village to Igueben, from Igueben to Ekpon and Ekpon to Agbor. He might have not done enough but all these were done in his first tenure. If he did this in Esan south east and Northern part of Edo where he came from and other communities we don’t even know of, imagine what he did in the state’s capital. There’s nothing to attribute igbenedion with in Edo state and Obaseki is following his footsteps. undecided

Ok bro, elite explanation.

1 Like

Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by Class01: 2:02pm On Dec 19, 2022
Oshomole can say this before his Kingsmen but if he comes out to say this openly, we will happily stone him �. Given the chance we wil beat him like a thief that he is. ���.

1 Like

Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by fabson21(m): 2:59pm On Dec 19, 2022
Abi oh make he talk na
Roboto11:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by tonididdy(m): 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2022
…when “we” say Edo not be Lagos.
We aren’t comparing high-rise buildings or Amala eating competition

We were comparing intellectuals, youthful force, saneness and everything progressive as individuals .

OSHIOMOLE FELT EDOLITES WERE FOOLS, the type of persons with amala in place of brains. Persons that will choose a great grand father over a man in his 50s to rule a nation full of vibrancy!
Hence we had to remind him, Edo not be Lagos.

At your question….a capital NO!
Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by egopersonified(f): 5:36pm On Dec 19, 2022
Between igbenidion, osunbor, obaseki and oshomole. Oshomole is 100 times better. Don't even compare oshomole to these other three.
Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by Abdul4trust1(m): 6:30pm On Dec 19, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
I be Bini....both mama and papa Bini

I agree

But he later messed up
Thinking he was a messiah

He wanted to do the tinubu control here in Edo
Thinking we are fools and slaves....
Not only that... how he go say iyamu na criminal but because now that he and obaseki are no longer in good terms he started saying iyamu is no longer a criminal
how far with Obaseki now?
Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by freshkpomo(m): 7:51pm On Dec 19, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
No matter what you say the reasonable people of Edo will continue to hold Adams dear to their hearts, and come 2023 our people will go to the polls demonstrate their love for Oshobaba by giving him an unprecedented landslide victory.
him don turn no matter what I say, I thought you were going to debunk the allegations with facts.... My man, Adams was a politician who know how to make noise and that's all the made people feel he over performed. But I won't say he did not perform but the hype is too much please. Even the storm water project started with Osunbor.

1 Like

Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by Deadlytruth(m): 8:25pm On Dec 19, 2022
cassidy1996:
Its Ogbemudia, oshomole is far behind him
Ogbemudia was governor of Bendel State not Edo State.
If however you want to equate Bendel to Edo, then Ambrose Alli remains the all time best.

1 Like

Re: Is Oshiomhole The Best Elected Governor Edo State Has Ever Had? by Deadlytruth(m): 8:50pm On Dec 19, 2022
Fira09:

Can you explain how he was better than igbenedion? though I don't see any of them better. I consistently prefer Igbenedion to Oshiomhole. On a safer note; none of them are better.

Obaseki is the worstest. Oshiomhole did more projects in the northern region of Edo State than the rest, are we supposed to call that 'better'?
Per the bolded, it is obvious you are plain dishonest. Over 50% of all Oshiomhole's projects were concentrated in Edo South particularly Benin City. The only places he did reasonable number of projects in Edo North is his Etsako areas and Etsako alone doesn't make up Edo North. Akoko-Edo and Owan put together beat Etsako in terms of population and landmass but if you get to either of these two parts of Edo North you would be compelled to ask if Oshiomhole ever saw them as part of Edo State during his tenure. Oshiomhole so favoured you Binis and Esans at the expense of Akoko-Edo and Owan, yet you Binis turned around and rewarded him with hatred. Though it serves him right because no one who tries to please outsiders at the expense of his own people doesn't end up in regret.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Refineries Plan Supply To 150,000 IPMAN Stations / Lagos Set To Begin Second Light Rail Project / Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.