Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,209 members, 7,815,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

The Narrow And Wide Gate - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Narrow And Wide Gate (177 Views)

Remember, The Gate That Leads To Life Is Narrow. Follow the Narrow path. / Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path / The Narrow Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Narrow And Wide Gate by madegreatbygrace(m): 8:03pm On Dec 18, 2022
THE NARROW AND WIDE GATE

13. “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.

14. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.'
Matthew 7:13-14

Jesus describes himself as the way in a certain place

'Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.'
John 14:6

And also as the door (Gate)...

'I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. '
John 10:9

Combining the two texts above, it means Jesus is the medium (way and gate) through which a man is saved.

Evidently, Jesus is not saying many people will eventually go to hell

Neither is He saying few will end up in heaven

Why is the gate narrow and why is the way difficult, which both lead to life ?

It’s because Jesus is the only way and only door to eternal life!

A narrow road can only accommodate few people

Same reason why there were few that found it at that time

For Jesus was the only voice with the complete message of redemption

Why is the gate that leads to destruction wide , and the way that leads to destruction broad?

It’s because the means or intervening agencies are many

False prophets, New age, Judaism, Buddhism and every conflicting stand against The Way

A broad way will let in many

Same reason why there were many who went in by it

Therefore, I beseech you my friend who is still on the broad way to accept the love and forgiveness found in The Only Way

His love doesn’t wane and His faithfulness will never fall short

Blessings to you

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens Sunday, December 25,2022 / Strength For The Journey / My Travelling Out Movement Has Been Cancelled Twice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.