Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,766 members, 7,813,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path (1128 Views)

Shocking Before & After Photos Of A Man After Giving His Life To Christ / Remember, The Gate That Leads To Life Is Narrow. Follow the Narrow path. / The Narrow Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by WinningEleven(m): 1:33pm On Dec 28, 2019
I am here for advice and guidance... no other thing.
I have realised that a young chap like me depends relatively on expectations on solving problems rather than using experience
it has been manageable.for me this far but I wanna change things into high gear
I'm moving to new grounds come 2020, leaving my parents, new school, new environment. new faces, new problems and new opportunities
what advice do you have to give to a young chap like me? I really need your help Sirs/ Ma
I find that this is the only section I feel I can meet my target audience. so please keep the advice coming smiley
how can I become a responsible man?
how do I avoid the numerous pitfalls in life?
how do I deal with failure with loss and how do I deal with pride with victory?
feel free to gimme bible verses and source materials too so I may Go and dig deeper personally smiley

2 Likes

Re: Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 28, 2019
Next pls.
Re: Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by WinningEleven(m): 1:54pm On Dec 28, 2019
justnock:
Next pls.
anything for the boys?
Re: Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by muehonyx22: 2:38pm On Dec 28, 2019
Hey.... I can refer you to someone...he helped me when I was in this stage too. He goes by the moniker nnamdiosu.
Re: Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by nnamdiosu(m): 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2019
WinningEleven:
I have realised that a young chap like me depends relatively on expectations on solving problems rather than using experience
I'm moving to new grounds come 2020, leaving my parents, new school, new environment. new faces, new problems and new opportunities
what advice do you have to give to a young chap like me? I really need your help Sirs/ Ma
I find that this is the only section I feel I can meet my target audience. so please keep the advice coming smiley
feel free to gimme bible verses and source materials too so I may Go and dig deeper personally smiley

Hello brother,
Trust me, its very hard to see a young man In this present era, that acknowledges that he doesn't know, and seeks wisdom from those around him. Trust me, thats one of the greatest humility a young person cam display.

That being said, I'll go straight to the point.
Based on my little experience in life, there are three things a young person MUST NOT DO to be responsible or avoid pitfalls. Majority of young people have fallen through them.
There are called the big three by me. They are...

1. Alcohol (drunkess)
2. Drugs
3. Women.

If you can avoid these three successfully, youve made it 50% successfully in life.
The other 50% trap is another aspect of life that trapped people who avoided the big three

Its peer pressure. This is so powerful, its 50% alone.

If you can do your best to be close to God, as much as you can and ask him to help you avoid these things above....youll come back here some Years time and acknowledge the words I've spoken were true and right.
May God help you. Amen.
Psalm 1 would be fine for now.

Cheers bro.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by WinningEleven(m): 11:27pm On Dec 29, 2019
nnamdiosu:

Hello brother,
Trust me, its very hard to see a young man In this present era, that acknowledges that he doesn't know, and seeks wisdom fr those around him. Trust me, thats one of the greatest humility a young person cam display.

Based on my little experience in life, there are three things a young person MUST NOT DO to be responsible or avoid pitalls. Majority of young people have fallen through them.

1. Alcohol (drunkess)
2. Drugs
3. Women.

If.you can avoid these three successfully, youve made it 50% successfully in life.
The other 50% trap is another aspect of life that trapped people who avoided the big three

Its peer pressure. These is so powerful, its 50% alone.

If tpu can do your best to be close to God, as much as you can and ask him to help you avoid these things above....youll come back here some Years time and acknowledge the words a I've were true and right.
May God help you. Amen.

Cheers bro.
Thank you for this sir.... I really Appreciate

1 Like

Re: Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by Ihedinobi3: 8:43am On Dec 30, 2019
WinningEleven:
Hello.

At the risk of offending you, I already gave you an answer for this several months ago, at the beginning of the year, I believe. You didn't listen to me then. I'm almost sure that you won't now either, but just in case you only forgot...

Spiritual growth is the only way for a believer to make the most of their lives here on Earth for the Lord.

You grow spiritually and build up your faith in the Lord by learning everything that the Bible teaches with the help of gifted and qualified pastor-teachers who can answer your questions and are willing to, by believing what you learn, and applying it to your life. That way, you will become able to use your unique spiritual talents (or gifts, as the Bible calls them) to help others to do the same as you do and through doing so earn great eternal rewards for yourself.

As I did before, I am offering you https://ichthys.com and www.bibleacademyonline.com, either of which is a great place for you to learn the whole system of Truth in the Bible and grow and become able to help others as well. I studied under the first and I am continuing to rely on the pastor-teacher's help there to become a full-fledged pastor-teacher myself. The second is highly recommended by the first and is run by a colleague of his. These are the only two extant pastor-teaching ministries that I know that are worthy of being listened to. You can always find others, if you prefer, but I don't know any other worthy ones. All the other worthy pastor-teachers I know are still in training and preparation and have not started full-fledged ministry yet.

If you decide to use any other pastor-teaching ministry, the same principle that the Bible teaches for all ministry testing is what I used to identify worthy teachers and what I recommend to you now: compare what they say to what the Bible actually says. If there is consonance between them, then you can settle down and listen to what they have to say. Give them the benefit of the doubt when you hear things that you have never heard before, if the Scripture endorses them. Be careful to listen to the Holy Spirit within you, but also beware that your own flesh has a voice too, so don't be too mystical with the business of listening to the Holy Spirit. Try to ask questions when things don't make sense, but do it respectfully. If a pastor-teaching ministry shows respect for the Bible, it deserves to be treated respectfully by you even if you disagree with what it teaches in some respect.

If you do this, it will help you grow in your discernment and ability to make the best decisions for your life. If you don't, beware that you are risking get swept up into the madness of Laodicea and are likely to be unprepared when the storm of the Tribulation hits, if the Lord keeps you alive until then.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by Finallydead: 4:50pm On Dec 30, 2019
WinningEleven, I think I'm liking your desire for God. if you stay this way, help will always come your way. About your question, there is such a concept of mentorship/discipleship in the gospel and if rightly done by those who have really walked with God with fruits of the Spirit overflowing in their lives, you would gain a lot. However, truth is its not always an available option and God knowing gave us the Holy Spirit. Even the best men won't always be there for you but He is.
1.What you need first is to be taught by one with quality experience how to walk with the Spirit. So you can always hear Him and follow His perfect leading in every circumstance that comes your way. He is the ever present help.
2. Someone has rightly said up there to stay away from sex and other vices. To be honest, its easier said than done to subdue the flesh and all its vices except you are taught the secret of keeping full of the Holy Spirit Eph5:18-19. This is your sure fleshproof formula. Be filled daily and you'll be so satisfied in His presence you'll never crave anything of this world. But, ah! Do you know how to be filled daily?
3. Equally important if you want to stay on course is what many youths lack resulting in getting carried away in vices. Get a vision for your life from God. Seek God until He reveals His plans for your life, your purpose and calling. When you get this, you'll be so focused on it you won't get caught up in the flesh.
4. Stay away from false doctrines. This is hard to tell sometimes but any which does not tell you to pursue righteousness and develop Christlikeness(1Tim6:11-12, 2Pet1:5-11) by depending on the help of the Spirit is bad for you no matter how good it sounds. e.g the doctrine that says you need not do any works now that you're converted because you're automatically justified by faith. (Jam2:17-20, Php2:5-13) and some others. So don't get carried away just because a doctrine is reigning amongst your peers. Any doctrine you ever accept should produce practical spirituality in your life, otherwise throw it away. From an experienced viewpoint, I tell you after many years in Christ, the most important thing you'll look back to and always be proud of is that you got closer to God and knew Him more intimately and personally over the years and grew in your character to be more Christlike. This is what you'll also regret in eternity if you miss.
Theres more but let me stop and wait for you to digest this. I await your reply to the other post.

1 Like

Re: Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by ochibuogwu5: 10:48pm On Dec 30, 2019
Surrender *your flesh 100% and forever* to the grace of the Cross of Jesus Christ and be Crucified together with HIM. (John 19:30)

Die daily with Jesus Christ on the Cross (2 Corinthian 4:10-12)

Study God's word with the intention to know more about Jesus Christ Crucified (John 5:39, Matthew 16:17)

Fellowship with the Holy Spirit in prayer, praises and dialogue every tick of time (John 14:16)

Do not try to impress God rather submit to His leadings (James 4:7-8 )

Always seek mercy to receive grace because every time on this earth is a *time of need* (Hebrews 4:16) especially with campus *distractions*

Locate your Christian fellowship in Skol and become active member with the intention of *discovering more about God's grace and glory in your life* not to impress student pastors/girls/boys/lecturers in your fellowship.

Also locate your state/local government indigenes in Skol and identify with them, they will help you with their experiences that will give you an edge instead of making their own mistakes however do not allow Skol politics to distract your studies unless you have the grace to combine both.

Stay in general Skol hostel because of security or else find accommodation very close to Skol which has security *guard*

Draw a study time-table, paste it beside your bed, people will mock you for that but ask God for grace to assiduously follow it up, your test, examinations and academic results will never make you shameful.

Associate with any person male or female in whose company you find *inner peace and purity* not people who will coerce into *tempting environment and relationships* that will distract you.

Make a decision that you are going to Skol to study, develop yourself in any righteous skills not to *belong to bad-boys, cults/capon or sexual escapades/relationships, partying and clubbing, alcoholic-competitor/boss e.t.c*

Make a decision that God's grace will pull the through with a *first class in your course* because you are going to impart your generation.

Trust God to protect you without you belonging to cults, bad-boys, happening guys in campus. If you truly fellowship with Jesus Christ Crucified, all those people carrying *fowl-spirit* cannot *intimidate or influence you* rather they will flee from you. Bear in mind they will approach you, try to intimidate but *as long as you stand your ground in Christ Jesus Crucified* they will flee from you. I am talking from experience of 5-years in the University.

You are not going to marry any girl within your university days hence do not *enter into soul-ties/curses* under the disguise of *fun* which is *sexual-immoralities*. You will have more time to focus on your studies and developing your future as well as *spend less* in terms of finances.

Always attend your lectures and be prompt, discover what each lecturer focuses while teaching, check past questions from each lecturer then ask God for grace and wisdom to adequately attend to each lecturers methodology within God's righteous standards.

Any lecturer that tries to intimidate you, humble yourself and say *I am sorry even when you did nothing wrong* however if he/she starts making unrighteous demands *submit him/her to the throne of God's grace*; "the heart of a king is in the hand of the Lord and like a flowing stream, He directs it to wherever it pleases him" (Proverbs 21:1)

Be appreciative of whatever your parents can afford, do not spend money wasteful, cultivate the habit of savings. If you have the grace, you can do *genuine networking biz like longrich* or other students side-biz that is *righteous* to support whatever your parents will be giving you even for life after Skol.

Great Grace Brethren!!!

2 Likes

Re: Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by madprophet(m): 2:18pm On Jan 04, 2020
WinningEleven:

Bros just follow the below

nnamdiosu:

Hello brother,
Trust me, its very hard to see a young man In this present era, that acknowledges that he doesn't know, and seeks wisdom fr those around him. Trust me, thats one of the greatest humility a young person cam display.

Based on my little experience in life, there are three things a young person MUST NOT DO to be responsible or avoid pitalls. Majority of young people have fallen through them.

1. Alcohol (drunkess)
2. Drugs
3. Women.

If.you can avoid these three successfully, youve made it 50% successfully in life.

Its peer pressure. These is so powerful, its 50% alone.

If tpu can do your best to be close to God, as much as you can and ask him to help you avoid these things above....youll come back here some Years time and acknowledge the words a I've were true and right.
May God help you. Amen.

Cheers bro.
Re: Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by WinningEleven(m): 6:19pm On Jan 29, 2020
Finallydead:
WinningEleven, I think I'm liking your desire for God. if you stay this way, help will always come your way. About your question, there is such a concept of mentorship/discipleship in the gospel and if rightly done by those who have really walked with God with fruits of the Spirit overflowing in their lives, you would gain a lot. However, truth is its not always an available option and God knowing gave us the Holy Spirit. Even the best men won't always be there for you but He is.
1.What you need first is to be taught by one with quality experience how to walk with the Spirit. So you can always hear Him and follow His perfect leading in every circumstance that comes your way. He is the ever present help.
2. Someone has rightly said up there to stay away from sex and other vices. To be honest, its easier said than done to subdue the flesh and all its vices except you are taught the secret of keeping full of the Holy Spirit Eph5:18-19. This is your sure fleshproof formula. Be filled daily and you'll be so satisfied in His presence you'll never crave anything of this world. But, ah! Do you know how to be filled daily?
3. Equally important if you want to stay on course is what many youths lack resulting in getting carried away in vices. Get a vision for your life from God. Seek God until He reveals His plans for your life, your purpose and calling. When you get this, you'll be so focused on it you won't get caught up in the flesh.
4. Stay away from false doctrines. This is hard to tell sometimes but any which does not tell you to pursue righteousness and develop Christlikeness(1Tim6:11-12, 2Pet1:5-11) by depending on the help of the Spirit is bad for you no matter how good it sounds. e.g the doctrine that says you need not do any works now that you're converted because you're automatically justified by faith. (Jam2:17-20, Php2:5-13) and some others. So don't get carried away just because a doctrine is reigning amongst your peers. Any doctrine you ever accept should produce practical spirituality in your life, otherwise throw it away. From an experienced viewpoint, I tell you after many years in Christ, the most important thing you'll look back to and always be proud of is that you got closer to God and knew Him more intimately and personally over the years and grew in your character to be more Christlike. This is what you'll also regret in eternity if you miss.
Theres more but let me stop and wait for you to digest this. I await your reply to the other post.
How do I be filled everyday? How to I get wood to Lee my spirit fire burning constantly?
I await your answer sjr
Re: Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by Finallydead: 5:10pm On Feb 02, 2020
WinningEleven:

How do I be filled everyday? How to I get wood to Lee my spirit fire burning constantly?
I await your answer sjr
Have you ever been filled before?
Re: Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by WinningEleven(m): 8:16pm On Feb 18, 2020
Finallydead:

Have you ever been filled before?
I don't know sir
How does it feel to be filled?
Re: Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by Finallydead: 6:38pm On Feb 20, 2020
WinningEleven:
I don't know sir
How does it feel to be filled?
Your initial infilling will have given you the experience of being immersed in the consciousness of the presence and influence of the Holy Spirit in your life. A new awareness of Him being with you always, a higher level of fellowship than when you first made Jesus your Lord. It may have also developed into gifts of the Spirit and/or inundation in the living Word of God and scriptures emitting life. You should know if you've ever been filled. Do you?

1 Like

Re: Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by WinningEleven(m): 7:22pm On Feb 21, 2020
Finallydead:

Your initial infilling will have given you the experience of being immersed in the consciousness of the presence and influence of the Holy Spirit in your life. A new awareness of Him being with you always, a higher level of fellowship than when you first made Jesus your Lord. It may have also developed into gifts of the Spirit and/or inundation in the living Word of God and scriptures emitting life. You should know if you've ever been filled. Do you?
Yes I think I have experienced certain dimensions of this filling phenomenon before.
How do I get this please?
Re: Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by MFMRevivalist: 8:26pm On Feb 21, 2020
Your Divine purpose should be your priority now.

When you discover it, you'll live well.

You'll know the do's and dont's you need to engage in. It will also come with you growing spiritually and going closer to God. Discovering your Divine purpose will help you not find God or serving him boring, but exciting, as he will constantly be revealing to you more of who you are in HIM.

Discovering it will keep you going, through the thick and thins of life, pending that you KNOW WHERE GOD IS TAKING YOU TO regardless whatever you may face or any condition you find yourself in.

God is interested in what he has created you for and only through that DIVINE PURPOSE can you live fulfilled , now , afterwards and forever. Amen!
Re: Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by tobechi74: 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2020
read atheist book without becoming an atheist, it will sharpen your reasoning skills
Re: Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 21, 2020
Please check your mail.
Finallydead:

Re: Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by Finallydead: 10:48pm On Feb 21, 2020
WinningEleven:

Yes I think I have experienced certain dimensions of this filling phenomenon before.
How do I get this please?
If you can relate to this, then it means you've already been filled else we would have asked God to fill you. But since you've been filled before, you only need to learn the principle of keeping filled. PM me and we'll talk.
Re: Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by Finallydead: 10:49pm On Feb 21, 2020
Bodydialect57:
Please check your mail.
Ok, Body, I will look at it and get back to you.

1 Like

Re: Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by WinningEleven(m): 9:16pm On Feb 23, 2020
Finallydead:

Ok, Body, I will look at it and get back to you.
I have sent a reply mail sir
Re: Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by Nobody: 10:40pm On Feb 23, 2020
Still waiting...
Finallydead:
Re: Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by Finallydead: 3:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
Bodydialect57:
Still waiting...
Ok. Check.
Re: Help A Boy Set His Life On The Narrow Path by Finallydead: 3:28pm On Feb 26, 2020
WinningEleven:

I have sent a reply mail sir
Ok. Check.

(1) (Reply)

Virginia Controversial Pastor Died Of Covid19 After A Jam Parked Service / I Have This From A Pastor Close To My House / Prophetic Prayers For Divine Healing : Deliverance. (4)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.