Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:27 AM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 3 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 3 (152 Views)

Why Faith Is Delusional / SERIES: What Faith Is / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 3 by PastorSomba(m): 9:57pm On Dec 18, 2022
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 3

Hebrews 11:1, 6 (KJV) "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.....6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Romans 1:16-17; 3:19-28; 4:1-16; 14:23; Hebrews 11:1-40; Habakkuk 2:4.

3. Under the ministry of Jesus no one was healed or blessed because of his observance or obedience to the law. All were healed by faith only and were blessed by faith only. Jesus never found any of anyone guilty of the law even lepers and the adulteress, but He constantly found people guilty of the lack of faith. Only those who oppossed Him in the name of the law He found guilty of the law. Salvation and all the promises and blessings of God in the new testament are only available to us by the gift of the faith of Jesus which we receive freely when we hear and believe the word of God who is Jesus. Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV) "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Faith comes only by hearing and hearing the word of God who is Christ. When we hear Him and believe Him we receive the gift of His faith as if all that Jesus did by faith we did it together with Him and in Him. Since we did everything He did with Him and in Him, we are also entitled by right to receive and enjoy all that the Father blessed Him for what He did in obedience to the will of the Father. The faith of Christ is a free gift we receive when we hear the word and believe it. Faith therefore is an inheritance we receive by promise as children of Abraham. Every believer is given a measure of the faith of God as part of our inheritance in Christ. It is not of works because it is an inheritance not a reward or wages. Children don't receive wages from their father but inheritance. Having received the gift of the faith of Christ we become sons of God and heirs of God, joint heirs with Christ and heir of all things owned by God the Father. Hence all things are yours.

After God's promise of faith to Abraham the law was added until the coming of the promise. The law only paused the promise till the coming of the promised seed. When Jesus the promised seed came He fulfilled the law and unveiled the promise to all mankind that through Abraham by faith all the families of the earth will be blessed. Now by faith all men have access to the promises and blessings of God. While the law was only for the natural seed of Abraham but faith is for all men and all the families of the earth. Through the law it was impossible for God to fulfill His promises to Abraham that Genesis 12:2-3 (KJV) "And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: 3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. Genesis 15:5 (KJV) "And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be." Genesis 15:14 (KJV) "And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance." Genesis 17:2 (KJV) "And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly." Genesis 17:6-7 (KJV) "And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee. 7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee." Genesis 22:17-18 (KJV) "That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice." Matthew 6:30; 8:26; 13:58; 14:31; 17:20; Mark 2:5; 5:34; 6:1-6; 10:52; Romans 6:2-6; 8:17; 10:4,17; 12:3; John 1:1-2,14; 1Corinthians 3:21;

There was no way Isaac the natural seed or Israel would have been able to fulfill all these promises and blessings. It is only in Christ and the Church nation that all these promises and blessings are fulfilled exceeding abundantly. Thank you.

If you need healing the bible says In Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.
Re: Understanding What Faith Is. Part 3 by AntiChristian: 10:16pm On Dec 18, 2022
About faith!

Check this out...

Matthew 15:22-28
A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession."

Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us."

He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." (Jesus was not sent to everybody)

The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said.

He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."

"Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table."

Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

I would expect that a 'God incarnate' person who is ultimately merciful wouldn't think twice before helping a sick child, especially since he has the power to do so.

Can we say this is a racist comment? He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."

Who are the Children and who are their dogs?

(1) (Reply)

Speak To The Enemy / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 10 / Swamiji, How Should A Student Prepare For Exams To Get Good Marks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.