Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,045 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

The Act Of Female Self Esteem Issues. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Act Of Female Self Esteem Issues. (682 Views)

Curcumcision Of Female Children / Ten Steps To Better Self-esteem / Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Act Of Female Self Esteem Issues. by dealordea(m): 3:20pm On Aug 31, 2011
I have acquired a few female friends over the last couple years. They often open up to me and we have very personal conversations. One thing i have noticed is that most females have struggled or are still struggling with self esteem issues. It seems almost ubiquitous among them. This is especially true for the extremely attractive ones, and the extremely unattractive ones. Its gotten to the point where when a new female friend or romantic partner gets candid with me, i can predict that they will reveal to me that they secretly have self esteem issues.

It always amazes me because alot of these women are very good looking and get tons of external praise from both men and women. Maybe they secretly know that they are not that special inside? It seems like the low self esteem is completely unjustified. Alot of these chicks are upper middle class, and have alot going for them. Im not sure what it is. Maybe its the media(body image thing), or maybe its physiological. I don't want to overgeneralize here, not all women have self worth issues but the majority do.

I realize that all men also have some sort of self esteem issues but i don't think its as common or as severe as female self esteem issues are. The problem is so bad that on college campuses they have whole organizations just dealing with female self esteem. Any other men/women notice this?
Re: The Act Of Female Self Esteem Issues. by ronkebp(f): 4:10pm On Aug 31, 2011
It depends on what they complain about, 'self esteem' is a broad term. ( a total evealuation of one's/ persons' worth), and it is not just how they are being perceived that bothers them, but what they are not.

(1) (Reply)

Multiple Income Streams / A Deaf Man Giving Birth To A Deaf Child / Peeps Would You Marry An Actress Or Allow Ur Wife To Go Into Acting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.