Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer (17474 Views)

Video: How I Was Tortured While In Prison - Lawyer Inibehe Effiong / Doyin Okupe: The Number Of Votes Atiku May Get In 2019 To Win Buhari / Osun Rerun: Omisore Agrees To Work For APC Victory On Thursday - Doyin Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by lovinagbad: 8:50pm On Dec 19, 2022
Joevics:

Lol. Look at the judgement. Hey didn't say he stole money. They said he recieved cash which was more than allowed.

While Dasuki who dished out the cash is chilling somewhere.
Excuse me . Is it half education that is worrying you Someone is convicted for.money laundering and here you are saying he didn't stole the money. So where is the money. We are talking about over #200 Million cash and 200 naira. OKUPE IS A CONVICT. If it were to be you that committed that offence, they will send you to jail without option of fine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 19, 2022
backnbeta:

Counts 35-59 were not broken down and fined apiece from the write-up I read...the implication is that he is guilty of those crimes and he is to serve 2 years or pay 500k in option of fine, while 34 alone also gives him another 2 years which he's to serve concurrently should he choose prison over fine. However, if perchance you are counting 35-59 apiece, then it's 24x500+500=12.5M
This will help
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/12/okupe-pays-n13m-conviction-fine-for-n240m-fraud/amp/
Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by stickle(m): 8:52pm On Dec 19, 2022
This statement is pathetic
Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by lovinagbad: 8:54pm On Dec 19, 2022
Joevics:

Lol. No body is stopping you from taking Okupe anywhere you like. He broke the law. So he should face the music. But he's just a DG. So no one cares.
A director General of a campaign party just convicted for money laundry and LP is still keeping him. Unbelievable. He should be kick out. Okupe is a stain to. Lp and it's candidate
Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by Roger3D(m): 8:54pm On Dec 19, 2022
Joevics:

Lol. Look at the judgement. Hey didn't say he stole money. They said he recieved cash which was more than allowed.

You're a typical Obidient zombie. Finding excuses for a criminal. Na una way

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by Dybala11(m): 8:55pm On Dec 19, 2022
Buccalcavity2:

You are still rationalizing. Is money laundering a communal act or not? Stop the rigmarole.
You should care. That's the image maker of your candidate.
Don't go down this rabbit hole though, Tinubu was indicted and had to make a deal with the government to forfeit a fortune in drug case too. Or does this make Tinubu fit for office too??
All Nigerian politicians na thief. grin
Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by Jnkay: 8:55pm On Dec 19, 2022
The funny thing is that APC ganged up against Okupe. My questions is why haven't they made any judgement on him since 8 years ago that PDP left office. Why now that Okupe is in the opposition party and the brain behind Labour Party that is peppering APC. Was he the only person that was involved in the case? If Keyomo and APC leader like let them hold Okupe captive, Labour Party will still win them. They raised the case to bring labour party down but they can't because it is a movement that they cannot stop.

Funny again they go as far as paying Igbo barrister to make it look real and tribal but we know APC crooks and methodology.
Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by asanausana91: 8:56pm On Dec 19, 2022
Tareq1105:

EFCC is appealing the judgement.
good
Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by FireUpNow(m): 8:56pm On Dec 19, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Another side of the story

But we don't want anybody with a questionable character in labour party. Okupe should go back to PDP where he committed the crime
Was Peter Obi not part of PDP previously? I laugh
Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by Basic123: 8:58pm On Dec 19, 2022
GoooodHardDick:

Obi is the saviour of Nigeria and Nigerians are tired of APC and PDP. They desire a change and they see in Obi that change. God bless our incoming president peter Obi
Saviour of Biafra

Nnamdi Kanu,the messiah sent by chuku abiamala will be his deputy by God grace
Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by alekuwodo(m): 9:03pm On Dec 19, 2022
Babachir Lawal wey used over #400M to clear grass under Buhari's watch dey waka up and dan. Person wey dem alleged to have collected more than what he can receive in cash is convicted meanwhile, the father Christmas Dasuki wey dey share the money dey enjoy himself for one arena. Pls how far about the accountant general wey stole over #100B. Las las we go get sense.
Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by NovusHomo(m): 9:04pm On Dec 19, 2022
Joevics:
This is a tweet made by his lawyer. He says Okupe is a victim.of the Money Laundering Act, which is why the court gave him the payment option.
Okupe will pay N500,000 for each of of the counts he was found guilty of.

https://twitter.com/_agubandieze/status/1604871070783537153?t=6YSjdOyd3-03nMb5lCY2cQ&s=19

He remains a thief.
Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by Tareq1105: 9:05pm On Dec 19, 2022
azikiweironsi:
No matter how they colour it. He is a CONVICT
Don't come here with abracadabra explanation.
Doyin Okupe is a CONVICT!!!! grin

For 23 yrs of present 4th Republic, Doyin Okupe was in government for 13 yrs (8yrs with Obasanjo and 5yrs with Jonathan).

He knew he was guilty and that explains why he wants to pay the Fine instead of appealing the judgement. We said Doyin Okupe na thief, dey said he no be thief. See how ojukwu send am go prison. I guess he was lenient with him bcoz judge self de obidient.

2 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by Zaydbat: 9:10pm On Dec 19, 2022
Joevics:

He received cash meant to buy weapons to fight Boko Haram for campaign nd you still think he did no wrong.

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by Tareq1105: 9:11pm On Dec 19, 2022
Jnkay:
The funny thing is that APC ganged up against Okupe. My questions is why haven't they made any judgement on him since 8 years ago that PDP left office. Why now that Okupe is in the opposition party and the brain behind Labour Party that is peppering APC. Was he the only person that was involved in the case? If Keyomo and APC leader like let them hold Okupe captive, Labour Party will still win them. They raised the case to bring labour party down but they can't because it is a movement that they cannot stop.

Funny again they go as far as paying Igbo barrister to make it look real and tribal but we know APC crooks and methodology.

That's your view which you're entitled to. However, Doyin Okupe was never in APC therefore he couldn't have left a party (APC) he never belonged.

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by Tareq1105: 9:18pm On Dec 19, 2022
Dybala11:

Don't go down this rabbit hole though, Tinubu was indicted and had to make a deal with the government to forfeit a fortune in drug case too. Or does this make Tinubu fit for office too??

Where's your evidence?

Don't show me newspaper cuttings that are not tenable. Tinubu that US Ambassador dey visit every weekend. What does that suggest to you?

When Ogun State LP accused Doyin Okupe, the LP leadership defended him. Leadership of LP defending a known obidient thief. The image maker of Labour Party. Are they not vindicated now? Obasanjo called him Okupe ole. He's only out to steal more under obituary nothing more.

As a medical doctor, he sold his Hospital in Ikoyi Lagos to join politics. As we speak today, Okupe has forgotten medicine. He's now into quick money.

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by Oju4190: 9:21pm On Dec 19, 2022
Arapmoi22:

Thanks.
He is a Convict.
Fine payment is just for him to avoid sitting behind the bar.

However, he has the right to appeal if he wants to.
if he appealled,the appeal court will send him straight to jail with no option of fine
Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by syntekelite(m): 9:21pm On Dec 19, 2022
intruder15:

Mr A gave 240m out of over 10 billion dollars to Mr B.
Mr B is convicted 2 months to election. Mr A is a free man as we speak.
Add 2 and 2 together you will see that it is a political move.

No mind most nigerians.. they dont know the political game(chess) yet will keep giving themselves high bp over issues they cant control. mr A wey share assumed billions yet hin case no get docket number after 8years...
Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by Tareq1105: 9:24pm On Dec 19, 2022
Oju4190:
if he appealled,the appeal court will send him straight to jail with no option of fine

He knew he was guilty.
Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by porthouse7(f): 9:26pm On Dec 19, 2022
Chiefwhip001:
The judge gave an option of fine of 13million which is total equivalent of all charges on him
I don't know why they won't verify before pushing threads to fp.
thief na theif the stain is for life

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by Dybala11(m): 9:28pm On Dec 19, 2022
Tareq1105:

Where's your evidence?

Don't show me newspaper cuttings that are not tenable. Tinubu that US Ambassador dey visit every weekend. What does that suggest to you?

When Ogun State LP accused Doyin Okupe, the LP leadership defended him. Are they not vindicated now?
Where's the relationship between what I said and what you replied with sir??
Evidence of his involvement have been dropped on this forum before bro, it wasn't even a newspaper whatever. The evidence was actually gotten via the case code or so.
All Nigerian politicians are thieves, like Tinubu like Buhari, Obi is not exempted also. Now some of you lots want to deceive us into thinking that Tinubu is the Messiah, while others are clamouring that it's Obi. The same tactics used by APC in 2015, I for one also fell for it that time sha. Na the Tinubu issue dey funny pass though, you lots are trying to suggest that he's coming to save us from the same Buhari he deceived Nigerians into voting for. grin
Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by DLuciano: 9:35pm On Dec 19, 2022
BigSarah:
Lol I can't believe Peter Obi made this guy VP placeholder and DG of his campaign while he still had a pending court case.

What sort of miscalculation is this, Obviously Obi hasn't finished his apprenticeship under his boss Atiku.

He better ends his campaign and learn more.

Vote Atiku say no to rookies and drug barons
what is this drunkard saying? Is Obi God to know who is righteous and who is pure? Is Atiku not dirtier, is Tinubu not dirtiest? Are they not having huge followers singing their praises? If Nigerians must vote a no crook, and if election is to be won by clean slate, only Peter Obi stands tall and that doesn't mean he has no blemish.
Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by Tareq1105: 9:46pm On Dec 19, 2022
Joevics:

I don't know what to tell you.

What was he doing with Security Fund? Is he an ammunition surplier?

Olisa Metuh too collected a share of #400m. Just sharing government money.

I thought you obidients are different but I've come to realize that you guys are just waiting for your opportunity to come so that you can steal more than Atikulooooter and Tinubu put together.

Among all obidients here, only princeofLagos spoke reasonably.

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by mechanics(m): 9:50pm On Dec 19, 2022
Those young barristers standing with him.
Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by Yankee101: 9:53pm On Dec 19, 2022
Only 500k for millions?
Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by donnie(m): 10:05pm On Dec 19, 2022
BigSarah:
Lol I can't believe Peter Obi made this guy VP placeholder and DG of his campaign while he still had a pending court case.

What sort of miscalculation is this, Obviously Obi hasn't finished his apprenticeship under his boss Atiku.

He better ends his campaign and learn more.

Vote Atiku say no to rookies and drug barons

Where were you that he did not make you his campaign DG?
Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by casualobserver: 10:21pm On Dec 19, 2022
He is a convicted felon whether he pays fine or not. Let’s see what “Mr Character Obi” will do.

2 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by maestroferddi: 10:25pm On Dec 19, 2022
duro4chang:
As it stands today he is a convict. The party itself is a den of thieves. The same man was accused of stealing two weeks ago by his party man. Pronto the accuser was sacked. I am surprised you are insulting because Doyin was jailed. What is your concerned?
He was jailed?

By you?

He will still torment you guys to no end...

A Tinubu supporter calling someone else a convict...

When you think you can't hear worse...
Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by Buccalcavity2: 10:46pm On Dec 19, 2022
Dybala11:

Niceee.lol. I am not one to just a thief with another theft analogy. Let the law take its course.
It might also be helpful to differentiate between indictment and conviction. Helpful.
Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by Tareq1105: 11:00pm On Dec 19, 2022
Dybala11:

Where's the relationship between what I said and what you replied with sir??
Evidence of his involvement have been dropped on this forum before bro, it wasn't even a newspaper whatever. The evidence was actually gotten via the case code or so.
All Nigerian politicians are thieves, like Tinubu like Buhari, Obi is not exempted also. Now some of you lots want to deceive us into thinking that Tinubu is the Messiah, while others are clamouring that it's Obi. The same tactics used by APC in 2015, I for one also fell for it that time sha. Na the Tinubu issue dey funny pass though, you lots are trying to suggest that he's coming to save us from the same Buhari he deceived Nigerians into voting for. grin

See my guy, Tinubu to me is not a do or die. Also, I'm not part of those that said Tinubu is the messiah. My Bible did not teach me to rate any mortal man to such level bcoz he can fail just as Buhari failed me. Tinubu is not a messiah. I'm supporting him bcoz I know he has the ability to unite Nigeria and Nigerians, he has the ability to identify and manage human resources, and get the best out of them, he would not allow anyone to be killed for religious beliefs, I feel more comfortable with Tinubu Muslim Muslim ticket than Atiku Muslim Christian ticket bcoz the president is the president I don't see Okowa challenging Atiku if killing happened and we saw that in VP Osinbajo who couldn't say anything when the RCCG woman evangelist was killed in kubwa and when Deborah Samuel was killed. Our VP couldn't talk. Tinubu is a Yoruba Muslim where there's religious harmony. Tinubu is experienced and he understands the economy. He also know how to generate revenue which is critical today bcoz revenue aren't being taken seriously. These and more are my reasons I support Tinubu but it's the will of God that would prevail finally and not my will.
Furthermore, I don't think Obi has the liver to handle the North. Jonathan tried he failed. Obi doesn't have the network of friends and acceptability that would enable him take decisive decision where northern interest is involved. Obi doesn't keep friends and he tries to avoid North gathering. I'm sure he never knew he would be in this position today he would have done better. Then Tinubu has better achievement than him as governor. He has had good successors which Obi cannot even talk about. So, I see him to be better than Obi and Atiku. Atikulooooter on his own has never been in charge. He was just a deputy. He worked under someone.
Re: Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer by pfadom: 11:15pm On Dec 19, 2022
Whether going to prison or not does not change the fact that Doyin Okupe is a certified convict. By going for the option of fine is an admission of guilt and cannot challenge the verdict at an appeal court.

The bottom-line is that Doyin Okupe is an ex-convict without any arguments. N500k for each of the 26 charges he was convicted of. This makes the fines N23 million.

By implication, the fact that Doyin Okupe is the DG, Presidential Campaign Council for Obi-Datti is a big question mark on the crediblity of his principal. In addition, by rushing to pay the fine is an admission of guilt and still remains a convict.

Peter Obi is a bad product since his chief campaign director general is a certified convict. We reject the hypocritical product for Nigeria in Jesus's Name.

Shameless!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vehicle Rams Into Amaechi 's Convoy. / Is Remi Tinubu Next Lagos Governor? / PDP's Comfort Amwe Wins Kaduna Assembly Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.