Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed (34988 Views)

Viral Video Of A Policeman Arresting His Twin Brother (Pictures/Video) / Yahoo Boy Kills His Twin Brother In Delta, Found Seated Beside Decomposing Body / Man Butchers His Twin Brother In Imo During Fight Over A Girlfriend (Graphic Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by Asawesd: 10:17am On Dec 20, 2022
ahnie:
The best thing is to seat tight in the comfort of your homes.
Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 20, 2022
UrPapa:
Tinubu why attacking innocent OBidient tourists

It would be a good question..if Tinubu was in PDP....

Though then again..PDP and APC are one party, so....
Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by daberechi8(f): 10:19am On Dec 20, 2022
Everybody should disregard this story. Akwa ibom is safe any day any time twice in a week, 24/7 sad
Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by tempest01(m): 10:20am On Dec 20, 2022
MandelaLives:
Not just Ákwá Ibom Christmas Village, but everywhere in Nigeria. They practice Nzogbu Nzogbu politics while accusing other people of doing so instead.

Nlfpmod
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun

This foolish post sounds sensible to you?
Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by BreconHills(m): 10:23am On Dec 20, 2022
ClearFlair:
This is why APC and PDP need to be thrown out

So that Nigeria can become like imo and anambra ba?
Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by ComeToJesus: 10:24am On Dec 20, 2022
Citytalk:
For those that are planning to visit Akwa Ibom CHRISTMAS VILLAGE, better have a rethink because the place is not safe for sit out this christmas.
It happened that a Popular blogger by name Atuekong Paul Bassey and his twin brother almost lost their lives at the venue on 18th December 2022.

The Akwa Ibom State Christmas village that was supposed to be a place of fun, leisure, relaxation and hangout has been politicized by Stâte Govérnment.

It is noted that the only group of people that return safely after visiting Ibom Christmas village are those supporting PDP and Pastor Umo Eno the gubernatorial candidate.

The story has it that Atuekong Paul Bassey was Matchet down like an animal by PDP thugs just because of his support for Ephraim Inyangeyen and Senator Bassey Albert Akpan of the YPP.
The blogger and his twin Peter Bassey, are now lying helplessly in Police Hospital Ikot Akpanabia, Uyo.

Atuekong Paul, according to a source who pleaded to remain anonymous reportedly went to Ibom Christmas village, yesterday 18th December 2022 to celebrate his marriage anniversary when this unfortunate situation occur.

It's also gathered that the purveyors of this deadly act asked of one Immaculate James who is also an ardent supporter of Ephraim Inyangeyen and Senator Bassey Albert Akpan.
Immaculate, who was to be in the company of Otuekong Paul at the arena stayed back from the arena yesterday after feeling a bit uneasy.

A popular Uyo-based Comedian Sir James Essien and other popular journalists Chief Imo Udoima of the Informer Newspaper and Comrade Isaac Mefo, took to their Facebook pages to condemn the act.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02BmXnaT31Kkt6CQ2SCau85Bz8S9vUHGNZkCkAeezkAeFo2nXpf4PzpzgfN368dKMPl&id=100048445157851&mibextid=Nif5oz

Very biased and one-sided report. This only speaks to insecurity and not some bs this writer is scribbling here.

No comment from the police. Just a jaundiced reportage from a partisan fellow.

Having said that, a Christmas village is supposed to be a fun spot for people of any political persuasion. It is condemnable to attack anyone in such a heinous manner. The police should investigate, speak up and make necessary arrests.
Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by aylipple: 10:24am On Dec 20, 2022
Abeg, make dem no spoil Christmas Village for the rest of us.
Spent my Christmas last year in Uyo & the Christmas village was the place to be every evening after work; funny enough, there are Akwa Ibomites who have lived most of their lives in the state but have never experienced the Christmas village.

3 Likes

Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by peter0071(m): 10:26am On Dec 20, 2022
When will our mumu do? killing and hurting each other over the Politicians who care less about our progress. It's so sad.
Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by tyinfinity: 10:26am On Dec 20, 2022
OSU tribe trying to extend their hooliganism and cannibalism to Akwa ibom.obi Pandora and his gang

1 Like

Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by sukkot: 10:27am On Dec 20, 2022
i try to stay away from the north se and ss. their head too hot for those regions grin grin

i stay with the sw folk. the biblical tribe of joseph. the founders of the orisha pantheon of spiiritual system.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by Streetmovement(m): 10:27am On Dec 20, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Political saga's

He no concern ordinary people

But you gaz still use your upper just Incase, street ain't safe
Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by Roboto11: 10:28am On Dec 20, 2022
faceLAGOS:
SE/SS are one & the same.

Not really.

We itsekiris aren't associated with SE in any way.
Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 20, 2022
This is bad
Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by Josephkabila12: 10:30am On Dec 20, 2022
Offpoint1:
You went to a fun and amusement park to discuss politics?

This story no clear, the story itself is political.

I thought it was robbery or something....

If I went to any amusement park to relax myself and one idiot is arguing about Tinubu will be the next president, I'll cut his head off.
then you think, you will stay alive to see the next day
Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by LILTJAY: 10:31am On Dec 20, 2022
ayaya people have done it again
Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by Opinedecandid(m): 10:32am On Dec 20, 2022
Offpoint1:

If I went to any amusement park to relax myself and one idiot is arguing about Tinubu will be the next president, I'll cut his head off.

You are so right, my brother.
From all the comments I've read it's only yours that is more sensible.
I am I staying in Uyo and Christmas Village is a place where over 1000 visit everynight without any report of fraca. so they should ask him what he went there to do before what happened happened.

Meanwhile, why his he in the police clinkc.
Did a fight break out bw when him and others that warranted an arrest?

1 Like

Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by LILTJAY: 10:32am On Dec 20, 2022
sukkot:
i try to stay away from the north se and ss. their head too hot for those regions grin grin

i stay with the sw folk. the biblical tribe of joseph. the founders of the orisha pantheon of spiiritual system.
God bless you.. SW or I go abroad cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by wiseone28: 10:33am On Dec 20, 2022
Udo Udoma road is always dangerous i don't know why..

My late old man was once attacked, rob and injured on that road at 7pm

1 Like

Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by sukkot: 10:36am On Dec 20, 2022
LILTJAY:
God bless you.. SW or I go abroad cool
thats how it is for me too ooo bros. sw or japa. those other regions the people act like say na hot coal dey dem brain. in fact i dont argue anymore with anybody from that region in my daily life. if you start argument with me and i see you are from those regions i just walk away. make dem no go stab pesin. i still wan enjoy this life small na lmaoooo grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by jaxxy(m): 10:38am On Dec 20, 2022
MandelaLives:
Not just Ákwá Ibom Christmas Village, but everywhere in Nigeria. They practice Nzogbu Nzogbu politics while accusing other people of doing so instead.

Nlfpmod
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun

Don't play politics with security issues. No political party or groups of people have right to attack innocent citizens.

The police and security forces should ensure miscreants under any guise are dealt with and held accountable.

These are known people causing havoc.
Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by Lance008(m): 10:38am On Dec 20, 2022
Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by broadman20: 10:38am On Dec 20, 2022
MandelaLives:

Nlfpmod
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun

Only God knows the kind brainless head Una get.

Is Atiku an Igbo man?

That your family land wey Igbos buy wey make you wan die for Igbos matter will send you to your early grave o.

Na that money them take send you to school o!
Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by wiseone28: 10:39am On Dec 20, 2022
aylipple:
Spent my Christmas last year in Uyo & the Christmas village was the place to be every evening after work; funny enough, there are Akwa Ibomites who have lived most of their lives in the state but have never experienced the Christmas village.
I have never been there during Christmas time..

But other time i do go or pass there.
Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by dododawa1: 10:39am On Dec 20, 2022
South East and South South and northern states are not safe.
Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by LUAN1: 10:48am On Dec 20, 2022
aylipple:
I have not gone to Christmas village before, even Christmas carol
Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by Elidrisy20: 10:50am On Dec 20, 2022
They should be calming down,buhari is leaving office

1 Like

Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by Damola00: 10:59am On Dec 20, 2022
VawulenceProMax:
Not safe for cultist and criminals

Imagine doing their own people this way!
Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by Dbest10: 11:02am On Dec 20, 2022
dododawa1:
South East and South South and northern states are not safe.
South south is safer than your father's house wink
Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by Iamziggy: 11:06am On Dec 20, 2022
Osheee!!! Spartacus u are doing well our mighty keyboard and online warrior.
For your mind abi... u wan tell me say u don't know anyone supporting tinubu abi!
Just go for tinubu's head instead.

Offpoint1:

Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by seborrhic: 11:06am On Dec 20, 2022
Look at this mpama.
You went there exhibiting openly your political affiliation and bias and had previously even been writing negative reports about the PDP candidate.
Were you expecting to be received with open arms?
Of the several other thousands that have visited the Christmas village,how many have been attacked,if any,even if they don't belong to the PDP?
Though no attack should be consoled,but it's a known fact that one should always comport and condone his/herself appropriately in any environment you find yourself.
You don't for example go to an Islamic country and be openly flaunting your fondness for consumption of pig meat or use the Koran to be fanning yourself even if the temperature is 50⁰C.
Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by Chidex500: 11:08am On Dec 20, 2022
faceLAGOS:
SE/SS are one & the same.
For your mind you're staying in a safe place instead of condemning it outrightly. Keep celebrating the killings in other zone thinking yoursis safe, the clock is still ticking .
Re: Ibom Christmas Village Is Not Safe; Popular Blogger And His Twin Almost Killed by dododawa1: 11:08am On Dec 20, 2022
Dbest10:

South south is safer than your father's house wink
OBIDENT spotted

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mother Dumps Baby At The Roadside In Calabar -- (Graphic Photos ) / Butcher Caught Robbing Drunk Night Clubbers In Ikeja (photos) / Ayomide Olaribigbe Declared Wanted By Police In United Kingdom. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.