Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,466 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua (14709 Views)

Help Us Beg Atiku To Allow Southern Presidency In 2023, Afegbua Tells Nigerians / 2023: Afegbua Dumps Atiku, Roots For Southern Presidential Candidate / Alpha Beta: Apara Is Attacking Tinubu To Divert Attention From His Crimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by Mrmb: 8:17am On Dec 21, 2022
dominic17:
Please stop insulting our intelligence. Is Tinubu being interrogatted at the rally ground? He knows he has nothing to offer that is why he is running away from being interrogatted. Obviously speaking for the reasonable Nigerians Tinubu is the least qualify candidate in all areas. He is no match to Obi or Atiku.If he dare me he should come and face others in a debate let the electorates judge them.

Why will he dare you, he doesn't even know you exist. Coming out to sweettalk people doesn't mean you got anything to offer, actions speak louder than words, he acted as a governor, let others apart from kwakwanso who also did well as kano governor come out and show us reasons why we should vote ten. He and kwakwanso already have what to campaign with
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:21am On Dec 21, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

If it is a tradition, have you seen any presidential candidate that ran away from debates since you were born knowledgeable in America? They don't even joke with it, you see Americans well prepare for the day the debate will come up but the reverse is the case in Nigeria and some of you give life to those running away from the same debate you know it is a tradition in America bearing in mind, we copied everything about them.

If it is not a tradition, is it then constitutionally mandated?

When Trump declined to have a virtual debate with Biden, why did the law not punish him? Instead, the debate was cancelled by the organizers.

After Kennedy debated Nixon, it took another 16 years for another presidential debate to happen in the United States.

If debates are mandatory, they would happen every 3-4 years.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:25am On Dec 21, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

In a developed society or democracy junks of the voters are undecided until they began to here from their Presidential candidates during debates and interview. It's only in a developing country that even before a candidate is emerge in a primary, many people had made their decision who to vote for and that is why we are not getting it right as a country, because whether the person they wish to choose is good or not is never their concern, their concern is for their candidate to emerge victorious.
Are you aware that a manifesto is not a constitutional provision but a product of presidential initiative and no one take any president accountable for not fulfilling his manifesto to the letter.
If a presidential candidate cannot engage in debate and interview, then, there is a fire on the mountain and a red flag that must be notice because debate and interview of presidential candidate is a routine ritual all over the world.

Say only what you know.

Even in developed countries, there are voting sentiments. In the United States, there are people who are born into Republican or Democrat families who would grow up as Republicans or Democrats and would vote for anyone the party puts forward.

The United States is a multiparty political system. How come only two parties have been dominating for years?

I know of at least 3 families who are unwavering Democrats and who will never vote for anything Republican, presidential debate or not.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by IfnobeGod20: 1:18am On Dec 22, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Read the section again.

It talks about freedom of the press, not the duty of the press.

Please did you read the latter end of the section that says "be free to uphold the responsibility and accountability of the government to the people" or you just intentionally take your eyes off it.
Please can you explain what it means to me and those following our comments.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by IfnobeGod20: 1:34am On Dec 22, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Say only what you know.

Even in developed countries, there are voting sentiments. In the United States, there are people who are born into Republican or Democrat families who would grow up as Republicans or Democrats and would vote for anyone the party puts forward.

The United States is a multiparty political system. How come only two parties have been dominating for years?

I know of at least 3 families who are unwavering Democrats and who will never vote for anything Republican, presidential debate or not.
Are you contesting the patriotic sentiment of Americans to America to what we have in Nigeria. Do you think it is a fluke they always say "America first" as their slogan? Can an average Nigerian come out with boldness without compromise and say 'Nigeria first'. What a lie. It's my family and relative first.
No matter their political leaning American will always be an American and they don't compromise that.
Have you not seen American Senate when they're discussing issue that are critical to the survival of their country, that they dump their party affiliation to dustbin and face American issue with all seriousness but is that obtainable here in Nigeria. Is it not the same country that Smart Adeyemi was making case on the raging insecurity in the nation and Remi Tinubu was asking him, is he a PDP on live video. Google it on YouTube. Do you think American senator will descend so low to that level on issue of American security?
If Nigerians have been patriotic, we would have been better off as a country. American voting differ than Nigeria voting sentiment and that is why you see them changing ruling party at will but we find it difficult to do so in Nigeria.
Please don't use America to compare the shit we are doing here. Their system is structured and can't be altered by anyone.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by IfnobeGod20: 1:51am On Dec 22, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

If it is not a tradition, is it then constitutionally mandated?

When Trump declined to have a virtual debate with Biden, why did the law not punish him? Instead, the debate was cancelled by the organizers.

After Kennedy debated Nixon, it took another 16 years for another presidential debate to happen in the United States.

If debates are mandatory, they would happen every 3-4 years.
All these junks you're writing are immaterial. Do American presidential candidates debate or not in this new order not the story of 60th or 70th? Do Trump, Obama, Biden, Clinton, Hillary not debate. I am not even bother whether it is in their constitution or not but do they debate themselves or do anyone abscond from debate?
Tell me anyone that didn't do debate in the new order and google will bail us out of any lie.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:46am On Dec 22, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Are you contesting the patriotic sentiment of Americans to America to what we have in Nigeria. Do you think it is a fluke they always say "America first" as their slogan? Can an average Nigerian come out with boldness without compromise and say 'Nigeria first'. What a lie. It's my family and relative first.
No matter their political leaning American will always be an American and they don't compromise that.
Have you not seen American Senate when they're discussing issue that are critical to the survival of their country, that they dump their party affiliation to dustbin and face American issue with all seriousness but is that obtainable here in Nigeria. Is it not the same country that Smart Adeyemi was making case on the raging insecurity in the nation and Remi Tinubu was asking him, is he a PDP on live video. Google it on YouTube. Do you think American senator will descend so low to that level on issue of American security?
If Nigerians have been patriotic, we would have been better off as a country. American voting differ than Nigeria voting sentiment and that is why you see them changing ruling party at will but we find it difficult to do so in Nigeria.
Please don't use America to compare the shit we are doing here. Their system is structured and can't be altered by anyone.

What are you saying?

I said voting everywhere is emotional, you are mentioning patriotism.

What has patriotism got to do with voting sentiments?
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:47am On Dec 22, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

All these junks you're writing are immaterial. Do American presidential candidates debate or not in this new order not the story of 60th or 70th? Do Trump, Obama, Biden, Clinton, Hillary not debate. I am not even bother whether it is in their constitution or not but do they debate themselves or do anyone abscond from debate?
Tell me anyone that didn't do debate in the new order and google will bail us out of any lie.

I asked a simple question. Answer it.

Is presidential debate mandatory or not?
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:50am On Dec 22, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Please did you read the latter end of the section that says "be free to uphold the responsibility and accountability of the government to the people" or you just intentionally take your eyes off it.
Please can you explain what it means to me and those following our comments.

And you can't understand that it encouraging the press to be free?

You can't see the word "free" there.

If I tell my child, "be free to ask me questions", I am letting him know that he has the freedom to ask questions.

It doesn't mean it is his responsibility to ask questions.

You are an example of why it is said in law that we can't all be our own counsel.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:57am On Dec 22, 2022
IfnobeGod20:
It is the duty of the press or media to hold accountable anyone not only those in authority section 22 of the constitution say so.
Chapter 2 Section 22 compels “the press, radio, television and other agencies of the mass media to, at all time, be free to uphold the responsibility and accountability of the government to the people.
Before you reply me, think of who is the government. Until you know who is a government before you know what we are talking about.

Moreover, Tinubu is not in government.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by IfnobeGod20: 8:20pm On Dec 22, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

What are you saying?

I said voting everywhere is emotional, you are mentioning patriotism.

What has patriotism got to do with voting sentiments?
And that was why I told you in America their patriotism override their emotions. They consider their nation first before individual. Their ways of life have shown it everywhere, even in their deeds and actions. Another of their daily slogan is "I LOVE AMERICA". How many Nigerians proclaim 'I LOVE NIGERIA' in their daily routine? Can just be few.
In a nutshell, it is you people that allow your emotion to override you without any consideration to the the impact on your nation but average Americans will first weigh his action on his nation before doing it.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by IfnobeGod20: 8:24pm On Dec 22, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Moreover, Tinubu is not in government.

That was why I asked you who is a government. If you don't know you're part of the government. The one elected and appointed are out representatives in government.
You can only say, Tinubu is not our representative in government but he is a part of a government because he daily fulfil his responsibility to the government as thus you and I.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by IfnobeGod20: 8:45pm On Dec 22, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

And you can't understand that it encouraging the press to be free?

You can't see the word "free" there.

If I tell my child, "be free to ask me questions", I am letting him know that he has the freedom to ask questions.

It doesn't mean it is his responsibility to ask questions.

You are an example of why it is said in law that we can't all be our own counsel.
If the constitution says the press and the media shall be "Free to uphold", then, why is Tinubu and his handlers trying to muzzle them to submission, when they didn't put string or yoke on his neck to come to their studio.
It is the responsibility of the press to hold them accountable on behalf of the people because everybody cannot be asking them question one by one, that's why the media or press is authorized.

Meanwhile, you should not have said and directed to me, "we cannot be our own counsel". I am not a journalist or lawyer and I never called Tinubu or APC to be interview by me, so, I cannot be judge on my own case as you posited. Such sentence should be directed to those that have interest in vying for positions in government and not me or the press.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by IfnobeGod20: 8:53pm On Dec 22, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

I asked a simple question. Answer it.

Is presidential debate mandatory or not?
I have already answered that. But you're looking for a straw to hold on to.
The question I expected you to have asked is, does presidential debate brings out the best in candidates?
If something is done ritually at every election cycle for the growth of the nation, how would that not be sustained, even though it is not in the constitution or electoral law. Taking for example, production of manifesto is never in constitution or electoral Act but you just discover all presidential and governorship candidates produce one when vying for election, because they see it as a good working document.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:57pm On Dec 22, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

That was why I asked you who is a government. If you don't know you're part of the government. The one elected and appointed are out representatives in government.
You can only say, Tinubu is not our representative in government but he is a part of a government because he daily fulfil his responsibility to the government as thus you and I.

You are confusing democracy with government.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

I have already answered that. But you're looking for a straw to hold on to.
The question I expected you to have asked is, does presidential debate brings out the best in candidates?
If something is done ritually at every election cycle for the growth of the nation, how would that not be sustained, even though it is not in the constitution or electoral law. Taking for example, production of manifesto is never in constitution or electoral Act but you just discover all presidential and governorship candidates produce one when vying for election, because they see it as a good working document.

I have told you that presidential debate contributes nothing to the growth of a nation.

Neither does it bring out the best in politicians.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:10pm On Dec 22, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

And that was why I told you in America their patriotism override their emotions. They consider their nation first before individual. Their ways of life have shown it everywhere, even in their deeds and actions. Another of their daily slogan is "I LOVE AMERICA". How many Nigerians proclaim 'I LOVE NIGERIA' in their daily routine? Can just be few.
In a nutshell, it is you people that allow your emotion to override you without any consideration to the the impact on your nation but average Americans will first weigh his action on his nation before doing it.

Read this:

But, as psychologists like to remind us, we're not rational beings. Setting aside individuals who earn a living listening to politicians (mainly journalists and economists at the Institute for Fiscal Studies), most people probably don't read manifestos or carefully digest the Today programme's interviews with politicians. Of course, many people keep across the news - but how many of us could recite each party's position on eliminating the deficit?
https://www.bbc.com/news/election-2015-32537661

What is patriotism. Devotion to one's country.

What has that got to do with voting choices?
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by IfnobeGod20: 6:52am On Dec 23, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

You are confusing democracy with government.

Mr. Man, can there be a government without a democracy? Same way there can't be democracy without government but work hand in hand. Each is a subset of the other, without one, there will be anarchy.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:57am On Dec 23, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Mr. Man, can there be a government without a democracy? Same way there can't be democracy without government but work hand in hand. Each is a subset of the other, without one, there will be anarchy.

There can be government without democracy.

There are many types of government.

There is constitutional monarchy (practised by England).

There is absolute monarchy (practised in Morroco, Saudi Arabia, etc).

There are even different types of democracy.

There is democracy with federalism (practised by the United States, Nigeria, etc).

There is democracy with federative and Republican elements (practised on paper by Russia).

And so on and so forth.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by IfnobeGod20: 7:00am On Dec 23, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Read this:

But, as psychologists like to remind us, we're not rational beings. Setting aside individuals who earn a living listening to politicians (mainly journalists and economists at the Institute for Fiscal Studies), most people probably don't read manifestos or carefully digest the Today programme's interviews with politicians. Of course, many people keep across the news - but how many of us could recite each party's position on eliminating the deficit?
https://www.bbc.com/news/election-2015-32537661

What is patriotism. Devotion to one's country.

What has that got to do with voting choices?
You won't understand because you weren't taught that one of the things you owe your country is patriotism. The lack of patriotism is what has brought the nation Nigeria to its knee. A patriotic individual will always weigh his action and his inaction before exercising them. A patriotic person will often ask his inner mind question, even before casting his vote. Emotional voting has not done us good in this country, instead it has set us back miles backward. Too emotional in religion, tribal, sectional and the likes.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by IfnobeGod20: 7:03am On Dec 23, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

There can be government without democracy.

There are many types of government.

There is constitutional monarchy (practised by England).

There is absolute monarchy (practised in Morroco, Saudi Arabia, etc).

There are even different types of democracy.

There is democracy with federalism (practised by the United States, Nigeria, etc).

There is democracy with federative and Republican elements (practised on paper by Russia).

And so on and so forth.

Mr. Man, there is no government without element of democracy. No one. It may not be total but democracy play out unknowingly.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by IfnobeGod20: 7:06am On Dec 23, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

I have told you that presidential debate contributes nothing to the growth of a nation.

Neither does it bring out the best in politicians.
That's your believe because that's what you're use to. Just I have said, many of you made up your mind the day a person shows interest that he or she want to contest and primary not yet done. But in a system where you test the capacity, capability and competence of aspirants, final decisions are made last by each electorate after weighing each candidate.
If debate doesn't contribute to the growth of a nation, developed world would not take pleasure to doing it at every election season. They know the importance and that is why they doing that seasonally during election period.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by BigIyanga: 7:16am On Dec 23, 2022
Abati is not on the ballot. Tell your principal to show up for debate
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:28am On Dec 23, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

That's your believe because that's what you're use to. Just I have said, many of you made up your mind the day a person shows interest that he or she want to contest and primary not yet done. But in a system where you test the capacity, capability and competence of aspirants, final decisions are made last by each electorate after weighing each candidate.
If debate doesn't contribute to the growth of a nation, developed world would not take pleasure to doing it at every election season. They know the importance and that is why they doing that seasonally during election period.

Read this:

Why do we vote nonetheless? The reason is that voting is an emotional and, to some extent, recreational activity. If voting was about influencing the election’s outcome, you would have agreed with your next-door neighbour, who supports the rival party, that you both stay at home. But no. You want to be there to cast your vote, because voting is more about expression than about consequences.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/07/voting-irrational-emotions-politics-ideology
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:30am On Dec 23, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Mr. Man, there is no government without element of democracy. No one. It may not be total but democracy play out unknowingly.

Do you just argue for arguing sake?

Military rule is a dictatorship.

Dictatorship is a type of government.

Tell me elements of democracy during the dictatorship of General Sani Abacha (1993-1997)?
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by IfnobeGod20: 9:10am On Dec 23, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Read this:

Why do we vote nonetheless? The reason is that voting is an emotional and, to some extent, recreational activity. If voting was about influencing the election’s outcome, you would have agreed with your next-door neighbour, who supports the rival party, that you both stay at home. But no. You want to be there to cast your vote, because voting is more about expression than about consequences.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/07/voting-irrational-emotions-politics-ideology
As what you quoted now not align with what I had been saying or wrote. The comment still shows that many people don't think of the consequence of their voting but too emotional to cast vote for candidate without considering the consequence. Your quotation aligned perfectly to my submission and what I have been telling you since yesterday.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:49am On Dec 23, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

As what you quoted now not align with what I had been saying or wrote. The comment still shows that many people don't think of the consequence of their voting but too emotional to cast vote for candidate without considering the consequence. Your quotation aligned perfectly to my submission and what I have been telling you since yesterday.

You said people in developed countries don't vote based on emotions.

But that link that I provided confirms that man votes based on emotions everywhere in the world.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by IfnobeGod20: 11:08am On Dec 23, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Do you just argue for arguing sake?

Military rule is a dictatorship.

Dictatorship is a type of government.

Tell me elements of democracy during the dictatorship of General Sani Abacha (1993-1997)?
There is no dictatorship or military rule without some element of democracy. Take that from me. A dictator may ditch out a policy, if the people revolted they sometimes revert them. Is that not democracy?
Even during Abacha many of his policies were revolted against by the people and civil society and they were reverted.
Are you aware that Abacha was one of the arrowheads and instrumental to the restoration of peace and democracy in Sierra Leone and Liberia after years of civil wars.

Are you aware he set up a constitutional conference in 1995 where the 13% derivation for oil-producing areas and six geo-political zones authenticated. That's democratic credential.

Are you aware that he stabilised exchange rate at N22/$1 even when the unofficial rate was N80/$1 and he never increase fuel price more than one time. That's democratic credential.

That's why I tell you that every autocratic rule has an element of democracy in it.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by IfnobeGod20: 11:16am On Dec 23, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

You said people in developed countries don't vote based on emotions.

But that link that I provided confirms that man votes based on emotions everywhere in the world.
You're mincing issue up. Even the dumbest people on earth know that developed societies have overcome the emotional support for candidates that their loyalty is first to their country than individuals and they exercise that when voting. That few still emotionally engage in voting does not sum up that all are doing it. Go back and read again the extract you posted. It was more of opinionated expression in his write up in comparison why some people vote by emotions and another vote by considering consequences. Go back and seat down digest that your extract.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:08pm On Dec 23, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

You're mincing issue up. Even the dumbest people on earth know that developed societies have overcome the emotional support for candidates that their loyalty is first to their country than individuals and they exercise that when voting. That few still emotionally engage in voting does not sum up that all are doing it. Go back and read again the extract you posted. It was more of opinionated expression in his write up in comparison why some people vote by emotions and another vote by considering consequences. Go back and seat down digest that your extract.

I have provided two links with experts stating that voting behaviour is based on emotions.

You have provided no paper, and yet you keep making blanket statements.

How does voting Biden over Trump show loyalty to the United States?

Are you telling me that those who voted for Biden are more or less loyal to the United States than those that voted Trump?

Since you consider yourself a rational voter, tell me who you prefer to succeed Buhari?
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by IfnobeGod20: 2:34pm On Dec 23, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

I have provided two links with experts stating that voting behaviour is based on emotions.

You have provided no paper, and yet you keep making blanket statements.

How does voting Biden over Trump show loyalty to the United States?

Are you telling me that those who voted for Biden are more or less loyal to the United States than those that voted Trump?

Since you consider yourself a rational voter, tell me who you prefer to succeed Buhari?
The question you asked, you should have also added, why Americans voted Trump against Clinton Hillary?
I have told you, America will always be America any day any time. It was the same America that voted Trump overwhelmingly but same America that voted against him and if you see the results it was the heaviest defeat American president had ever suffered.
If you follow keenly America politics when he was there, he has started having problem with the Americans and there are different instances that the House were to impeached him. I remember one of the impeachment notice were jointly signed by members of his party. If my instinct serves me right, I think after his tenure, he was still impeached in absentia.
His tenure was riddled with many controversies not known with America and Americans doesn't like it.
Americans doesn't joke with the integrity of their country and that was why his defeat was the heaviest of all defeats in history.

Why I don't bother myself with reference is because the extract you submitted was making comparison and not blanketly saying voters vote by emotions but made reference to two neighbours and why they vote differently without considering consequence. That only justified my submission that Americans vote by considering the consequence on their nation first before considering the individual and they often show that in their election outcome
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:39pm On Dec 23, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

The question you asked, you should have also added, why Americans voted Trump against Clinton Hillary.
I have told us America will always be America any day any time. It was the same America that voted Trump overwhelmingly but same America that voted against him and if you see the results it was the heaviest defeat American president had ever suffered.
If you follow keenly America politics when he was there, he has started having problem with the Americans and there are different instances that the House were to impeached him. I remember one of the impeachment notice were jointly signed by members of his party. If my instinct serves me right, I think after his tenure, he was still impeached in absentia.
His tenure was riddled with many controversies not known with America and Americans doesn't like it.
Americans doesn't joke with the integrity of their country and that was why his defeat was the heaviest of all defeats in history.

Why I don't bother myself with reference is because the extract you submitted was making comparison and not blanketly saying voters vote by emotions but made reference to two neighbours and why they vote differently without considering consequence. That only justified my submission that Americans vote by considering the consequence on their nation first before considering the individual and they often show that in their election outcome

Everything you have mentioned here is emotion, not rationality.

People will vote based on the emotion of anger, dissatisfaction, etc.

And not rationality.

You think people cared about Biden being a better candidate than Trump?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Email Conversation With Sanusi On Fuel Subsidy Removal / Enugu Completes Renovation Of The State's Judiciary Headquaters / Ganduje Seeks Amendment To Emirate Council Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.