Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

I Resigned From My Job. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Resigned From My Job. (579 Views)

Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder / "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) / How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed (2) (3) (4)

I Resigned From My Job. by remigiusizunna(m): 9:38pm On Dec 19, 2022
Good evening fellows.

I'll be breif.
In January 2020,through a family friend I got to know a telecom company (young though).
I got enrolled as a trainee initially and after a year I was fully employed and sent on projects.
From March 2021, we got jobs, subleted from higher companies who are contracted to Airtel, mtn, IHS, phase 3 etc to execute in all parts of the country.
I was a project support initially, then site supervisor then project engineer until I left last Friday Dec 16th.
MY REASONS FOR LEAVING ARE.
1. late last year, the company worked in a state in the east and the job was canceled leading to loss of money (I was not part of the team that executed the project).
Since then, the MD had been complaining of no fund to pay salaries but we were seriously working in other states and the company was getting paid too, this made him accumulated so much outstanding salaries too big for him to pay.
2. I was made to work like a slave with nothing to show for it.
3. The nature of the job cut me off from my family, friends and loved ones for the past 2 years.
I was always busy, traveling from one state to another, taking risk and worst of all never respected as our boss turned us to slaves.
4. In the course of the works, I discovered that the company had to lie in serious situations.
Eg.
A. The company is registered but doesn't have NCC license, our MD had to forge NCC license payment acknowledgment slip for us tk work in lagos early this year.
B. After embezzling monies given to him for right of way ROW, he'd source out old ROW from his friends, backdate it and hand it over to us to work with therefore putting us at big risks.
PROBLEMS
My problem started with the company when I demanded for my pay on Nov 25th(outstanding salary of 11 months), the MD accused me of being responsible for all the losses he had incurred from certain projects. Losses he just formulated, non existing losses he never mentioned anyday, anytime earlier.
When I protested for being used even in doing direct labor like trench casting, bridge attachment, site entry, survey, ATP without pay, he arrested me with a police friend and locked me up.
Upon my release from the station I told him I wasn't working again.
Why are Nigerian bosses so heartless to their fellow Nigerians and in Nigeria??
Now I'm without a job and no payment after everything.

Dear youths.. Shine your eyes.
All these self acclaimed bosses are full time rippers

Re: I Resigned From My Job. by wisz1(m): 9:41pm On Dec 19, 2022
How did you manage to survive without salary for 11months ?

Re: I Resigned From My Job. by GorillaApp(m): 9:42pm On Dec 19, 2022
God will fight for you no doubt

Re: I Resigned From My Job. by Richbyfaith: 9:43pm On Dec 19, 2022
Too many injustice in this country. Everything goes and perpetrators go shot free

Re: I Resigned From My Job. by funshint(m): 9:47pm On Dec 19, 2022
Don't worry... you'll get a better one.

Re: I Resigned From My Job. by remigiusizunna(m): 10:12pm On Dec 19, 2022
wisz1:
How did you manage to survive without salary for 11months ?
My dear, that's what everyone has asked but this is how it happened.
When our project was canceled in Dec Last year, my colleagues and I were sent from Anambra for correctional services in the said project, we did it and delivered in February ending.
Then we were owed for 2 months, everyone chilled on the ground that our salaries were used for the project, that's where the accumulation started from.
In April, 14th specifically, I was sent to lagos, while in lagos I called him for the pay and he said THE LOSS FROM THE PREVIOUS MONTHS WAS STILL AFFECTING THE COMPANY BUT THAT WITH THE WAY THE LAGOS PROJECT WAS GOING (SMOOTHLY AND WITHOUT ANY LOSS) HE HOPED TO PAY OFF EVERY OUTSTANDING ONCE THE PROJECT IS DONE AND PROJECT FUND RELEASED.
I chilled in anticipation?
As for how I survived, we were given daily allowance of 1,500 (feeding and Tp, money wey de finish b4 9am sef).
Company pays for accommodation.
My dear we worked and hoped, now this happened.
GorillaApp:
God will fight for you no doubt
Amen, Thanks
funshint:
I hope so, thanks
Re: I Resigned From My Job. by remigiusizunna(m): 10:15pm On Dec 19, 2022
Richbyfaith:
Too many injustice in this country. Everything goes and perpetrators go shot free
Imagine that man claiming losses to the police.
He even said that if he should count it, I'll be the one to balance him.
When my family pushed him hard, his police friend advised him to release me or it may not end well for him
Re: I Resigned From My Job. by Hidewell(m): 10:20pm On Dec 19, 2022
The unjust won't go unpunished
Re: I Resigned From My Job. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 19, 2022
Your boss may even be building mansions in his village or another city.He may also be spending your salaries on his children who are studying abroad.
This habit is common with Nigerian politicians.

Re: I Resigned From My Job. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 19, 2022
funshint:
Don't take this motivational quote to 2023.It is hard to secure a better job without knowing anyone in Nigeria.

Re: I Resigned From My Job. by remigiusizunna(m): 10:28pm On Dec 19, 2022
Revolution2022:
Your boss may even be building mansions in his village or another city.He may also be spending your salaries on his children who are studying abroad.
This habit is common with Nigerian politicians.
No be lie oo
He's living large, none of us can boast of anything
Re: I Resigned From My Job. by remigiusizunna(m): 10:30pm On Dec 19, 2022
Revolution2022:
Don't take this motivational quote to 2023.It is hard to secure a better job without knowing anyone in Nigeria.
My dear, this country de fear me oo
Re: I Resigned From My Job. by DaCharis2016: 12:08am On Dec 20, 2022
Petition him with the EFCC, aswear ur money go come out.

Re: I Resigned From My Job. by hakeemhakeem(m): 12:56am On Dec 20, 2022
Get a lawyer to fight your case if he didn't pay you press charges,for the fact that he forge documents is crimes on it's own

Jobs In Canada For Foreigners With Visa Sponsorship 2023 / An Investment Opportunity / Police Information