Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

New Scams In Town. Beware!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Scams In Town. Beware!!! (464 Views)

Kobobid Is The Latest In Town / Beware Of The Money Doubling Online Scams In The Name Of Investments / Identifying Scams Online And Avoiding Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Scams In Town. Beware!!! by NaijaSideHustle: 3:54am On Dec 20, 2022
Just received this message - supposedly from GTB, and it got me confused.

Dear Customer, your new GTBANK Acct No is 0750309***. Please note that your maximum single deposit is N50,000 and your Acct balance cannot exceed N300,000

I was perplexed. It took me a while to remember that the phone number they sent this to is not registered with GTB.

The big question is, how can a sane country allow this to take place when NIN and BVN are done - which can be used to track these criminals?

And I'm sure, many people will fall for this based on the new CBN policy.

What's it with our country? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: New Scams In Town. Beware!!! by pasuma(m): 4:43am On Dec 20, 2022
Have you reported the matter to law enforcement agency After that and nothing is done, then you have a right to apportion blame otherwise it's needless blame government for what they are not aware of.. na government we call am nor be spirit oooo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Scams In Town. Beware!!! by NaijaSideHustle: 7:10am On Dec 20, 2022
Which Law Enforcement agency do you mean?
Re: New Scams In Town. Beware!!! by Kobicove(m): 10:00am On Dec 20, 2022
New day, new scam format in Nigeria sad
Re: New Scams In Town. Beware!!! by doyin01: 10:37am On Dec 20, 2022
pasuma:
Have you reported the matter to law enforcement agency After that and nothing is done, then you have a right to apportion blame otherwise it's needless blame government for what they are not aware of.. na government we call am nor be spirit oooo

Don't mind him..

Scammers use bulk sms to send their scam messages to him . instead of reporting to the authorities ,he is busy saying why did government allow it. Na government wan stop bulk sms app from functioning??

If government later say they should ban all bulk sms app to reduce fraudulent text message , same people will say the government is a dictator.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

From Unused To Cash: Top Strategies For Selling Gift Cards In Nigeria / Buying Pi BEST RATE / Learn Computer With Easy @ Jubacom Computers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.