Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,927 members, 7,817,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

My Oil Light Came Up..urgent!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Oil Light Came Up..urgent!! (663 Views)

Vsc Check Light Came On / Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light / Check Emergency Light Came On - Pls Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Oil Light Came Up..urgent!! by nairaandkobo: 4:17am On Dec 20, 2022
Today, my oil light came up; I checked the dip stick oil was gagged started the engine and continued, later the light flashed and hasn't come up again. Any idea, with whats wrong?

Car is Toyota corolla 2003.

Always serviced with full synthetic oil after 3,000 miles because of long journeys.
Re: My Oil Light Came Up..urgent!! by utepu: 4:43am On Dec 20, 2022
Please check your oil pump. It might be failing. If it fails completely, it might be dangerous for the car engine.

post=119286378]Today, my oil light came up; I checked the dip stick oil was gagged started the engine and continued, later the light flashed and hasn't come up again. Any idea, with whats wrong?

Always serviced with full synthetic oil after 3,000 miles because of long journeys.

[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: My Oil Light Came Up..urgent!! by Unruly7(m): 6:28am On Dec 20, 2022
Oil pump filter is blocked

1 Like

Re: My Oil Light Came Up..urgent!! by xperiencelove(m): 7:33am On Dec 20, 2022
If I were you, I will bring mechanic to my house to change the oil pump, filter, loose the sump and wash it. I won't dare to drive it.

3 Likes

Re: My Oil Light Came Up..urgent!! by maridrug(m): 3:48am On Dec 21, 2022
Check the oil switch.
Also, 3k is too long and dangerous for the vehicle.
Try changing every 2.5k and add oil treatment as well.
Re: My Oil Light Came Up..urgent!! by boldx(m): 8:29am On Dec 21, 2022
maridrug:
Check the oil switch.
Also, 3k is too long and dangerous for the vehicle.
Try changing every 2.5k and add oil treatment as well.
I wouldn't advise you to use oil treatment.
Re: My Oil Light Came Up..urgent!! by nurey(m): 10:37am On Dec 21, 2022
nairaandkobo:
Today, my oil light came up; I checked the dip stick oil was gagged started the engine and continued, later the light flashed and hasn't come up again. Any idea, with whats wrong?

If you have a scanner once the light comes on and stays on scan for error codes related to oil issues.

If not, it could be your oil sensor playing tricks on you, could be faulty or bridged wire.

Also ensure the full synthetic oil you are using is of good quality, if light still behaves like that and the oil sensor is okay, then you have to open the sump and check for sludge. If sludge is found then that is where the issue is.
Re: My Oil Light Came Up..urgent!! by Oracleee: 1:27pm On Dec 21, 2022
Check your oil pump. It's either clogged or so. Your sensor might also be playing tricks on you and in that regards, scan for error codes.
Re: My Oil Light Came Up..urgent!! by jceesquare(m): 3:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
nairaandkobo:

Open your oil cap and take a peep at the valve train if possible. If it has sludge, then open your oil pan and clean the bottom end of your engine as best as you can. If there are no sludge, then you can inspect your oil pump, and oil light sensor for defect.
Where is your location?

(1) (Reply)

Why You Need A Car Tracker Now More Than Ever / 2003 Camry / Volkswagen Passat Turbo Or Non Turbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.