Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light (1177 Views)

Toyota Camery For Sale. Price: 800,000 / please help urgent engine oil light / Help 2009 Camery SE For Lexus RX330 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light by Daddiejay78: 6:15am On Oct 06, 2022
Goodmorning all pls am having another issues with my 2005 toyota camry the oil light keep showing on the dashboard sometimes it comes on and off and sometimes it stays for awhile and my mechanic opened the sump clean it and wash it twice and the oil switch has been changed so also is the oil filter pls my ogas in the house what could be the problem I never get money to buy another engine I stay around iju ishaga area
Re: Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light by OgbeniOja1: 6:18am On Oct 06, 2022
What oil are you using for your engine?
Re: Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light by Gluck4cars: 7:31am On Oct 06, 2022
Daddiejay78:
Goodmorning all pls am having another issues with my 2005 toyota camry the oil light keep showing on the dashboard sometimes it comes on and off and sometimes it stays for awhile and my mechanic opened the sump clean it and wash it twice and the oil switch has been changed so also is the oil filter pls my ogas in the house what could be the problem I never get money to buy another engine I stay around iju ishaga area
Likely your Oil pump. But read all codes on the ECU so we rule out guess work.

1 Like

Re: Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light by Daddiejay78: 7:52am On Oct 06, 2022
OgbeniOja1:
What oil are you using for your engine?

Mobile 2000
Re: Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light by Daddiejay78: 7:57am On Oct 06, 2022
Gluck4cars:

Likely your Oil pump. But read all codes on the ECU so we rule out guess work.

I would appreciate if anyone can direct me to a good auto medic around ogba axis down to iju ishaga
Re: Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light by LexusIS: 8:10am On Oct 06, 2022
Your oilnsump plug or wire is faulty. If the oil light is yellow then its the wire qnd plug don dabaru,if its red then its oil low.
Re: Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light by Daddiejay78: 8:17am On Oct 06, 2022
LexusIS:
Your oilnsump plug or wire is faulty. If the oil light is yellow then its the wire qnd plug don dabaru,if its red then its oil low.

Na red be the color
Re: Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light by vivalavida(m): 8:22am On Oct 06, 2022
Daddiejay78:

I would appreciate if anyone can direct me to a good auto medic around ogba axis down to iju ishaga

Gazzuz is at ogba. Look him up on nairaland and get his contact from his profile.
Re: Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light by vivalavida(m): 8:22am On Oct 06, 2022
Daddiejay78:

Gazzuzz is at ogba. Look him up on nairaland and get his contact from his profile.
Re: Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light by Daddiejay78: 8:24am On Oct 06, 2022
vivalavida:

Gazzuzz is at ogba. Look him up on nairaland and get his contact from his profile.

Thanks bro I appreciate
Re: Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light by LexusIS: 10:05am On Oct 06, 2022
Thats dangerous. Your car is shorting oil be that,either its the piston rings are qorn out or top cylinder seal is bad. Did u check for any oil leakage . Buy a cardboard of 100 naira,when u get home at night,place it between where gear and engine connect. Wait till tmrw morning to see if the card boards are stained with drops of oil at cold engine temperaturebefore you start the car in the morning. Either your seal is bad or something.
Daddiejay78:

Na red be the color
Re: Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light by Daddiejay78: 10:13am On Oct 06, 2022
LexusIS:
Thats dangerous. Your car is shorting oil be that,either its the piston rings are qorn out or top cylinder seal is bad. Did u check for any oil leakage . Buy a cardboard of 100 naira,when u get home at night,place it between where gear and engine connect. Wait till tmrw morning to see if the card boards are stained with drops of oil at cold engine temperaturebefore you start the car in the morning. Either your seal is bad or something.

Is not dropping oil i have tried to notice that and the oil is gauged
Re: Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light by LexusIS: 10:20am On Oct 06, 2022
Just save up and go for engine swap at ladipo. All those aluminium engine are very fragile.. your model of camry is a factory defect from toyota since 2002 to 2005 model. .
Daddiejay78:

Is not dropping oil i have tried to notice that and the oil is gauged
Re: Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light by Gluck4cars: 10:54am On Oct 06, 2022
Daddiejay78:

I am out of town now. Would have been happy to help. But if you can come down to Ladipo, then I can reach out to a colleague to assist.
Re: Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light by melviniyke2002(m): 1:23pm On Oct 06, 2022
Daddiejay78:
contact gazzuzz 08033910382
Re: Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light by Dozieson(m): 1:29pm On Oct 06, 2022
Bro don't swap that engine o. You won't get a good replacement. Gazzuzz is your best bet.

I suspect your oil pump sha.

1 Like

Re: Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light by Daddiejay78: 4:17pm On Oct 06, 2022
Gluck4cars:

I am out of town now. Would have been happy to help. But if you can come down to Ladipo, then I can reach out to a colleague to assist.

I dey fear to drive the car to ladies bro can u give me ur colleagues number so I can speak with him or better still I can wait for ur return as long as u are not staying long I hope say no be say u don Jaapa comot leave us for dis 9ja ooo���
Re: Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light by Daddiejay78: 4:19pm On Oct 06, 2022
Dozieson:
Bro don't swap that engine o. You won't get a good replacement. Gazzuzz is your best bet.

I suspect your oil pump sha.

Thanks bro I no even get money for another engine na ehailing I dey use the car do to dey manage with family

1 Like

Re: Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light by Dozieson(m): 5:12pm On Oct 06, 2022
Daddiejay78:

Thanks bro I no even get money for another engine na ehailing I dey use the car do to dey manage with family

correct
Re: Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light by dicksonadams(m): 5:37pm On Oct 06, 2022
Daddiejay78:

Mobile 2000

Were you did first owner from tokunbo and was the oil what you use from beginning,

Last what is your oil change interval
Re: Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light by Daddiejay78: 8:19pm On Oct 06, 2022
dicksonadams:

Were you did first owner from tokunbo and was the oil what you use from beginning,

Last what is your oil change interval

I'm not the first owner i bought it used and it once over heated and the gasket was changed and I have not really used it
Re: Camery 2005 Showing Oil Light by Gbadex17(m): 7:11pm On Dec 27, 2022
How were you able to solve this problem because I use the same type of car with the same problem too
Daddiejay78:

(1) (Reply)

Urgently Need A Car Of 300k / .. / PLS How Much Is Honda ELEMENT ENGINE...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.