Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Vote Buying: We’ll Seal Govt Accounts Early January – NFIU - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vote Buying: We’ll Seal Govt Accounts Early January – NFIU (20068 Views)

NFIU Bans Cash Withdrawals From Govt Accounts Effective March / Debtor-states In Bigger Financial Mess As Banks Obey NFIU Order / BREAKING: EFCC Unfreezes Benue Govt’s Accounts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vote Buying: We’ll Seal Govt Accounts Early January – NFIU by ChukwuObe: 4:58pm On Dec 20, 2022
Many of you are commenting here because of hatred and nothing more. And how many of the leading candidates will get their money from the government. They cannot limit withdraw for companies and individual but government and many fools are commenting here because of ignorance. What I dont understand is how the blocking of government accounts will stop Tinubu or Atiku from getting money out if they want? Are they in governments? Now I know some people are fools. No wonder one terrorist was able to deceive is unintelligent people that Buhari is dead and the man in Aso rock is cloned. What a shame

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vote Buying: We’ll Seal Govt Accounts Early January – NFIU by Vwaire12: 6:03pm On Dec 20, 2022
wink
ChukwuObe:
Many of you are commenting here because of hatred and nothing more. And how many of the leading candidates will get their money from the government. They cannot limit withdraw for companies and individual but government and many fools are commenting here because of ignorance. What I dont understand is how the blocking of government accounts will stop Tinubu or Atiku from getting money out if they want? Are they in governments? Now I know some people are fools. No wonder one terrorist was able to deceive is unintelligent people that Buhari is dead and the man in Aso rock is cloned. What a shame
Re: Vote Buying: We’ll Seal Govt Accounts Early January – NFIU by jrobbins: 6:28pm On Dec 20, 2022
MeeztaBugaman:
Even if they freeze the accounts, money for vote buying have already been stalked in different places.

Those money will be useless in February. Except they want to buy with transfer
Re: Vote Buying: We’ll Seal Govt Accounts Early January – NFIU by kelly72: 7:06pm On Dec 20, 2022
The effect of this Buhari's sudden economic policy is already beginning to hit it's target.

Only yesterday, one octogenarian politician notorious for using billions of stolen public money to corrupt the society held a campaign rally in Abuja (of all places o) and only his servants and driver's showed up. The venue was so empty that I almost empathised with him when I heard his voice shouting "Bulaba bulaba, why hast thou done this to me?

Without sharing stolen money and buying APV (lol), I believe Sowore might attract more votes than emilokan.
Re: Vote Buying: We’ll Seal Govt Accounts Early January – NFIU by Bimpe29: 9:47pm On Dec 20, 2022
God will make things better
Re: Vote Buying: We’ll Seal Govt Accounts Early January – NFIU by ZombieSlayer1: 8:58am On Dec 21, 2022
Joevics:

Tinubu has already stored money for his presidential bid somewhere.
that was the reason for the last-minute redesign of the naira. Haven't you even noticed the new naira notes aren't very much in circulation? There's a reason for that too. The naira withdrawal limit of 20k daily? There's a reason for that.

Buhari just wants to wreck Tinubu because he knows Tinubu's hope is on rigging and vote buying
Re: Vote Buying: We’ll Seal Govt Accounts Early January – NFIU by ZombieSlayer1: 9:01am On Dec 21, 2022
ChukwuObe:
Hahahahahahhahahsahshahahah....e pain you. You're talking as if you don't know these people use government money to fund elections
Re: Vote Buying: We’ll Seal Govt Accounts Early January – NFIU by ZombieSlayer1: 9:06am On Dec 21, 2022
nesphil:
This can only be done at the Federal level, cos I don't think NFIU has the constitutional right to seal accounts of state government.

And moreover before they seal if at all they are going to do it, all money for vote buying must be withdrawn from the various accounts grin grin grin

If they seal that of the federal government, how is money going to get down to the stare government??

Buhari really wants to deal with Tinubu.
There's a reason why the new currency notes aren't very much in circulation, and they won't be till after the elections.
This is to curb vote buying.

I won't be surprised on the day of the elections bank transfers will stop working too, in case politicians try to resort to vote buying with transfers.

Tinubu will cry blood
Re: Vote Buying: We’ll Seal Govt Accounts Early January – NFIU by ZombieSlayer1: 9:08am On Dec 21, 2022
27Pushing30:
Under what law? under what authority? you want to shut down economy because of election?

Seriously people occupying positions of authority in this country are downright dulll... and funny enough its PO supporters cheering this LMAOOO

We're cheering it because we know that's the only thing your darling daddy is dependent on to win elections. All his evil plans are collapsing before his very eyes.
Re: Vote Buying: We’ll Seal Govt Accounts Early January – NFIU by 27Pushing30: 9:30am On Dec 21, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:

We're cheering it because we know that's the only thing your darling daddy is dependent on to win elections. All his evil plans are collapsing before his very eyes.

cutting off the nose to spite the face,,, ignorance at its peak

Ignorance is also when you think "Politicians" dont know how to play politics
Re: Vote Buying: We’ll Seal Govt Accounts Early January – NFIU by ZombieSlayer1: 9:48am On Dec 21, 2022
27Pushing30:

cutting off the nose to spite the face,,, ignorance at its peak

Ignorance is also when you think "Politicians" dont know how to play politics
They may know how to play politics but when we see steps that are meant to guarantee a free and fair election, are we supposed to condemn it?
Re: Vote Buying: We’ll Seal Govt Accounts Early January – NFIU by jackals(f): 3:33am On Dec 29, 2022
gracealonev:

Abi o!
That was what I had in mind to type.

Meanwhile, this type of announcement is a trap for those jackals. If NFIU means business, they would just get the analytics of withdrawals immediately after the announcement.

But they couldn't seal the accounts against the reckless spendings of Yahaya Bello and Wike on campaigns and frivolous donations.

Why are u calling my name angry shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sudan War: How We Negotiated $1.2m To Hire Buses — FG / Southern Governors’ Resolutions: ACF Backs Open Grazing Ban / Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.