Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni (26317 Views)

Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Governor Buni’s Convoy, Kills 2 Policemen, Injures 2 / Governor Buni Weds Gumsu Abacha, The Daughter Of Late Head Of State (Photos) / Governor Buni Marries Gumsu Abacha As Fourth Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by TMSMedia: 9:39am On Dec 20, 2022
IGBERETV report

Police Arrest 16-Year-Old Boy For Insulting Yobe State Governor On Social Media

The police in Yobe state have arrested a 16-year-old boy for allegedly insulting Yobe State Governor, Mai Mala Buni, on social media.

Garba Isa, the father of the minor, disclosed this when he came out to publicly demand the release of his son on Monday, December 19. According to Isa, his son was apprehended on December 11 in Nguru and later transferred to the State Investigation Division of the Nigeria Police Force in Damaturu, the Yobe State capital.

“I regret what my son did. I am nobody, an ordinary laundry man, what my son (Umar) did was totally wrong, I appeal to Governor Mai Mala Buni and the police on passionate grounds to forgive my son and release him'', Isa who is a laudry worker told newsmen.

Confirming the arrest, the state Commissioner of Police, Garba Haruna, said the minor is now in custody and will be charged to court when investigation is concluded.

“When we conclude our investigation, he will definitely be charged to court. People are using social media to insult and tarnish people’s character, the society needs to be sanitised.

You cannot use social media and begin to post all sorts of things. There is law and order in Nigeria, whoever infringes on someone’s right will be punished,” Garba was quoted as saying.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmYUM_nN5Ed/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by PrinceOfLagos: 9:41am On Dec 20, 2022
I thought some Tinubu urchins said it's only Igbos that insults "Bad APC leaders"?

In sane climes, bad leaders are stoned or pelted with eggs

All APC leaders are bad leaders that deserve all the insults they get

I want them out

137 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by olisaEze(m): 9:41am On Dec 20, 2022
In Nigeria freedom after speech is not promised, but they say there is freedom of speech though. I wonder if that police commissioner will also arrest new born babies that only know how to say 'hula ba... ba-ba-bluu.' What a sorry sight to see our instruments of democracy acting like political thugs of a military regime. undecided

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by Candidlady: 9:41am On Dec 20, 2022
sad

APC doings.. not surprised

Wiseone28

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by MandelaLives: 9:41am On Dec 20, 2022
Bad reporting. What's the insult? Let's know if it's about getting fat on stolen wealth. People don't understand why many Northerners are supporting Obi instead of Atiku or Tinubu's fraudulent Muslim-muslim ticket. 2023 will SHOCK them to death.

Please, help to push this https://twitter.com/Doctordes101/status/1604795311330775041?t=H9WiJ_6RhpWbr3jAS26rrA&s=19

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by Ogbuefi2020: 9:44am On Dec 20, 2022
This is why some people think that SE governors are the least performers, simply because we insult them freely on social media. When we do same to FG or politicians from other region they call it hate. Did we spare our own? The masses have enormous power in the East, more powerful than any politician. We are the most democratic society in pre colonial Africa

116 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by Moh247: 9:46am On Dec 20, 2022
cool

Northern Nigeria uses Penal code and Sharia Law instead of criminal code used in south

Under Penal code if you run your mouth anyhow they might have you arrested

Southern Criminal code doesn't really have much provisions for that

All you can do in Southern Nigeria when insulted or slandered is to go to court and file a civil case

If Kemi Olunloye was in Northern Nigeria, police would have long prosecuted her for all the lies she told on Davido and his Family

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by Amotolongbo(f): 9:49am On Dec 20, 2022
You cannot use social media and begin to post all sorts of things. There is law and order in Nigeria, whoever infringes on someone’s right will be punished,” Garba was quoted as saying.
But this same “law and order” was existing prior to 2015 general election, how many people were arrested for social media “right infringement”?

And we can still remember the atrocities committed by these same people arresting social media critics.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by PeterObi4LP: 9:50am On Dec 20, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
I thought some Tinubu urchins said it's only Igbos that insults "Bad APC leaders"?

In sane climes, bad leaders are stoned or pelted with eggs

All APC leaders are bad leaders that deserve all the insults they get

I want them out

The minor only express his feelings about the bad government and he was arrested. What will now happen when the Emilokan of Lagos enter?

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by RZArecta(m): 10:01am On Dec 20, 2022
What will Mr governor say if he receives half of the quantity of insults Joe Biden collects ? You'll charge a 16yr minor to court for insulting governor grin na so craze dey start

King Charles - stoned with eggs
Emmanuel Macron - Slap
Gej - Dem curse up to him small pikin of barely ten years old

Proper adults were culprits o

Tyranny is an African disease

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by Naira20: 10:01am On Dec 20, 2022
Someone listening to you now, will think you understand law.
Penal code ko, Penalty code ni
Moh247:
cool

Northern Nigeria uses Penal code and Sharia Law instead of criminal code used in south

Under Penal code if you run your mouth anyhow they might have you arrested

Southern Criminal code doesn't really have much provisions for that

All you can do in Southern Nigeria when insulted or slandered is to go to court and file a civil case

If Kemi Olunloye was in Northern Nigeria, police would have long prosecuted her for all the lies she told on Davido and his Family

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by kestolove95(m): 10:06am On Dec 20, 2022
Fvvck yobe state Governor

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by Moh247: 10:08am On Dec 20, 2022
Naira20:
Someone listening to you now, will think you understand law.
Penal code ko, Penalty code ni

Atleast I have a copy of both penal code and criminal code

And I read and updated myself

Unlike you commenting based on ignorance and sentiments

You guys are alergic to reading that's the problem

Anyway a person like you that can falsely accuse anyone of raping their mother and nephew because they don't support Obi is beyond toxic and you just got cursed with all those who supports such slander

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 20, 2022
But wetin the guy talk gan gan?

8 Likes

Re: Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by Naira20: 11:12am On Dec 20, 2022
Kikikiki,
I thought you did comprehension in English in primary and secondary schools.
Knowledge is beyond reading.
Even a donkey can copy and paste from a WhatsApp group.

So snapping those documents means nothing.
It doesn't prove it belongs to you or that you've even read a page(at least from the deluge of nonsense you type on NL everyday)

Moh247:

Atleast I have a copy of both penal code and criminal code

And I read and update myself

Unlike you commenting based on ignorance and sentiments

You guys are alergic to reading that's the problem

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by Moh247: 11:15am On Dec 20, 2022
Naira20:
Kikikiki,
I thought you did comprehension in English in primary and secondary schools.
Knowledge is beyond reading.
Even a donkey can copy and paste from a WhatsApp group.

So snapping those documents means nothing.
It doesn't prove it belongs to you or that you've even read a page.

It doesn't, it mean you that dont even have anything upstairs you are the Genius regarding law

Dumbo

If you like don't go and get a copy of your own country's law

Be attacking people about till the law send you to where Internet won't save you from

Ignorantly qouting me and still displaying pride in foolishness

12 Likes

Re: Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by Naira20: 11:23am On Dec 20, 2022
Guy,there is a saying:
Physician heal thyself.

If you want books on jurisprudence and all sorts of law books,e full here.

We don't advertise folly.
If I wan speak legalese I can do that conveniently.

I speak to pass knowledge.
It's like discussing tort with a kindergarten pupil.
I know you don't know and that's why you are eager to showoff.Empty barrel.
Moh247:

It doesn't, it means you that doesn't even have anything you are the Genius regarding law

If you like don't go and get a copy of your own countries law

Be attacking people about till the law send you to where Internet won't save you from

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by Moh247: 11:25am On Dec 20, 2022
Naira20:
Guy,there is a saying:
Physician heal thyself.

If you want books on jurisprudence and all sorts of law books,e full here.

We don't advertise folly.
If I wan speak legalese I can do that conveniently.

I speak to pass knowledge.
It's like discussing tort with a kindergarten pupil.
I know you don't know and that's why you are eager to showoff.Empty barrel.

Rule 2 mynd44 Seun Nlfpmod dominique Obinoscopy

4 Likes

Re: Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by Naira20: 11:28am On Dec 20, 2022
Kikikiki..
Prove a dunderhead wrong?
Guy, everything you said is wrong and there's no need wasting time.

Moh247:

Such a airhead

Talking nonsense with confidence

If you indeed have any molecule of sense you would go straight to prove me wrong in anything I commented and nothing acting foolish about

15 Likes

Re: Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by Moh247: 11:29am On Dec 20, 2022
Naira20:
Kikikiki..
Prove a dunderhead wrong?
Guy, everything you said is wrong and there's no need wasting time.

Abeg no qoute me again it's to early in the morning to qoute me 3 times to cry about your life fustration

Learn to stay on your lane

5 Likes

Re: Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by Naira20: 11:31am On Dec 20, 2022
No wonder you carry the indelible stigma of raping your mother and nephew.

Moh247:

Abeg no qoute me again it's to early in the morning to qoute me 3 times to cry about your life fustration

Learn to stay on your lane

Fool

18 Likes

Re: Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by Naira20: 11:33am On Dec 20, 2022
Yawns...don't quote me again.
BATstard
Moh247:

And may your mother and nephew die slow painful miserable death if I never did

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by DennisEche(m): 11:34am On Dec 20, 2022
Good , People should stop writing rubbish in the comfort of their houses or wherever. Character assassination is a crime.
Let the judge decide his fate

3 Likes

Re: Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni by Naira20: 11:46am On Dec 20, 2022
I don't worry about empty words.
Na me fit curse you and your entire generation and e go happen in seconds.

By the way, share your mother's picture, let me find out from her
Moh247:

Your peace have departed you today and your diginity and the universe shall never accept any forgiveness for this amen

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu Approves New Management Team For Customs / Jonathan Holds Secret Meeting With Atiku - Saharareporters / Wike Orders Arrest Of Pro-biafra Agitators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.