Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,981 members, 7,863,488 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:48 PM

Obi Movement Is A Moving Train Unhindered- Chief Dr. Eholor Declares. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Movement Is A Moving Train Unhindered- Chief Dr. Eholor Declares. (258 Views)

Join The Moving Train - Obi Supporters Tell Wike During '2-Million-Man’ March / 2023: Key Reasons Why Peter Obi's Movement Remains Strong / Patrick Osagie Eholor On EndSARS: I Left Heaven In Canada To See Hell In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obi Movement Is A Moving Train Unhindered- Chief Dr. Eholor Declares. by Thepointer: 12:33pm On Dec 20, 2022
The Democracy Observer General of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and Founder One Love Foundation, Chief Dr. Patrick Osagie Eholor, otherwise known as the Ultimate equal, has recently lamented the Slow approach engaged in Judicial precedents, in the Nigerian Judicial System.

He made this known in a Phone interview with Journalist yesterday, while Reacting to the Conviction of Doyin Okupe a Labor Party Chieftain and Director General of Peter Obi Presidential Council, for breaching the money laundering act.

Chief Patrick affirmed that Many Nigerians are quite aware that the case has been on going prior to the Obedient movement. He said the court judgement will have arrived earlier, and the case would have been resolved , if it were not for the slow process in making Judicial decisions.

According to him: “you know the judicial system in Nigeria always delay and deny people's justice. If the judiciary was up and doing, this case would have been resolved before now, this has been their usual way of practice because of some of the inefficiency when it comes to trials and litigations of this country. I think that Nigeria judiciary system does not believe that Justice delay is Justice denial, Moving forward the Judiciary should try to ensure that Cases are tried and the verdict is given within a period of 12 months .” He said.

In reacting to Okupe’s Conviction, , Dr. Patrick said it will not affect the campaign of The Labor Party as Doyin Okupe is just one of the individuals in the Campaign train.

However, he expressed dissatisfaction with the situation, Stating that he( Doyin Okupe) would have let someone else lead the campaign while he dealt with this issue, as he made reference to a similar issue in the Party involving retired Army General John Enenche, which he identified as what would have been a major confusion to the Obedient movement.

“I am sure that he has a right to appeal the case as every other Nigerians have the right to an appeal. If the appeal do not favour him, he also has the right to go to the highest court which is Supreme Court.

I am sure with his position he may resign honourably and let other people take charge as the DG of the Campaign team, we have very good men and women highly respectable who can fit into that shoe if need be. We are not there yet.

“Let me remind you of a retired General who was allegedly accused of being part of the presidential campaign team.

He was accused of being one of the masterminders who came to Lekki protest for one of the #ENDSARS.

We all protested that it was against the will of the Obedient People, he admitted that he was obeying the last command of the military.

“However,He apologized to the presidential campaign team, and the entire family and resigned his position. That could have been the biggest scandal, that could have been the biggest act that could have caused lot of confusion in the Obedient family.”

“I also want to think that Doyin Okupe did not do this deliberately, he might have been sure that he’d be acquainted from all charges unfortunately the Judge saw it differently. I hope and pray that the court of appeal favors him” Patrick said.

When asked if he perceives the verdict as an attack aimed distorting the party’s Campaign efforts, Dr. Patrick Believes it is disagreed. In his words: “ I believe this is not a deliberate attack from the judiciary to truncate the campaigns and also slow down the people's goodwill.

“ I think it's what we must all learn from, that if we have any litigation or court issues ,we should try not to get involved in any sensitive position be it political or private sector or as an official. This is because it might dent the reputation of that organization. Nevertheless, The Obi Movement is a moving train and nothing can stop the moving train.” He concluded.

(1) (Reply)

Military Veterans, Families Need Welfare Scheme, Not Annual Emblem Appeal Fund / Road: Your Contractors Are Feeding Us Dust, We Now All Have Catarrh — Residents / Ok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.