Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh (25119 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Is The Only African Woman To Score In 3 World Cups. / Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score In Five World Cups / 'i've Won 3 Trophies, What More Could I Do?' - Ronaldo Talks About Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Uchesis: 7:10am On Dec 21, 2022
Amalekki:

Do you know what happened when Pele and his Santos team, the then champions of South America, met the then champions of your Europe? Here is what happened in 1962:

The 1962 Intercontinental Cup was a football tie held over two legs between Brazilian club Santos, winners of the 1962 Copa Libertadores, and Portuguese club Benfica, winners of the 1961–62 European Cup. Santos won the Intercontinental Cup for the first time.

The tie is remembered as pitching Brazilian player Pelé against Portuguese player Eusébio, two of the leading players of the 1960s, who played against each other on only three occasions.

It is considered that the second leg, Santos' 5–2 win in Lisbon, in which Pelé scored a hat-trick, was the greatest performance ever seen in the competition.

The next year Santos retained the title by beating AC Milan of Italy with Pele scoring 2 goals in the first leg.
Bros chill. if to say na your Ronaldo win this world cup you no go talk like this. Messi is the undisputed GOAT. period grin

2 Likes

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Lamasta(m): 7:32am On Dec 21, 2022
HBB1:

I am not saying so and I am not saying he is not.

To start with, I rate Maradona over Pele...

The other players I rate up with them are R9, Ronaldinho, CR7 and Messi.

(R9, Dinho and Messi based on raw talent).

I however think CR7 and Messi trump them because of their consistency for over 10 years...

That is mad!

I think the arguement should be between this two just based on this.
They are the 2 greatest footballers ever.

I like Messi more because he is a Genius and has been at the top for this long...

In all truth however, I also have the most respect for CR7-- he was a beast.
I just have problems with his ego.

There is no player who does not have ego its the media that is making CR7 to look bad cos they don't like him...

Many things LM will do and go scot free if CR7 does it he will be thorn into pieces by the media cos he is always the scape goat...
LM is good no doubt but look at the youngsters making waves currently in world football most of them all look up to CR7....

In my opinion even in Argentina of today you cannot say Messi is greater than Maradona not to talk of being the greatest, but when football greats are been discussed LM and CR7 will always be mentioned for their consistency for the past 20 years...

1 Like

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by yomi531(m): 7:32am On Dec 21, 2022
3 world cups when there was no yellow cards and red cards until 1970 world cup. No substitutions. No V.A.R. sef. 16 team world cup. Rubbish. Messi is the greatest of all times. My G.o.a.t starting from the top .
Messi
Pele
Cr7
Maradona
Ronaldo De Lima
Ronaldinho
Zidane
Cruyff
Marco Van Basten
Thierry Henry/ George Best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Masterviolence: 8:19am On Dec 21, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Be open minded... To me Brazilian ronaldo is better than messi and cr7 ... Cus I watched him... I don't argue on messi and cr7 ... I don't have issues with messi Or cr7

To end this argument.
I think it is based on one's opinion.
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Fearyourcreator: 8:34am On Dec 21, 2022
Masterviolence:

To end this argument.
I think it is based on one's opinion.
So far football governing body dont give an award for it ... It won't be official... Even official award some to agree to it and am sure they will have their points too... Its preference
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by touchalex25: 9:00am On Dec 21, 2022
Masterito:
Comment of a kid. No further comment.
your probably in your 20s. You just be careful how you call people you don’t know kids online.
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Adekaka12345: 9:07am On Dec 21, 2022
TMSMedia:
IGBERETV report

'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Sunday Oliseh

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmYusF_NOOm/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

How old is he? He de call himself elderly.

These are people that ruined Nigerian football..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by adedave20: 9:14am On Dec 21, 2022
Kilometres:
Shake my head for the indomie generation with above comments
uncle were u also in pele generation,u may no b indomie generation
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by adedave20: 9:16am On Dec 21, 2022
Jeezuzpick:

Guy, Goan sleep.

No one measures up to Pelé.

3 World Cups no be moioin.

but guy who na say, football na euro e dey,but pele did not carry any cup in Europe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:34am On Dec 21, 2022
adedave20:
but guy who na say, football na euro e dey,but pele did not carry any cup in Europe

And so?

1 Like

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Ganbite: 9:54am On Dec 21, 2022
lhordspy:
Lol. Every man is entitle to his opinion. But we all know you are just seeking attention here, Mr oliseh.

But he is right and he is still known to be the greatest footballer of all time having won 3world cup and lot more with highest scoring goals till date

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by jaxxy(m): 10:57am On Dec 21, 2022
HBB1:

undecided

And Messi has more goal contributions than anybody that has ever lived.

I give him that cos of his position of play bt anything else he is a fraud.
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by HellVictorinho6(m): 11:02am On Dec 21, 2022
Shawl001:
You see,
Never aim at satisfying men, because you CANNOT. Even God couldn't satisfy men, they are just too uncontented. Messi was not even trying to be the GOAT...all he wanted was to be extraordinary at what he does, and he is.

Same thing will be said about Messi come many decades from now. Someone would have broken all his records too.

All been said and done, L. MESSI, of the number 10 Argentine Jersey, and number 30 jersey for the Paris Saint Germain club side, is and will always be (until all records broken) the GREATEST PLAYER OF ALL TIME.

Calling Ronaldo pendu doesn't have meaning

Calling Ronaldo fans wailers has no meaning

Calling Messi perfect or God has no meaning

Calling Messi or Ronaldo or Pele or Maradona the greatest is your cup of wine

I don't think there's a greatest ever footballer

My reason is also my cup of wine,I agree
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by BeanX(m): 11:31am On Dec 21, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
Ok because messi don win World cup now, it's no longer messi vs Pendu? grin Pendu fans don turn am to messi vs Pele? grin chai!!! All these Pendu fans sef grin always trying to discredit messi
U go fear cheesy cheesy
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Amalekki: 12:02pm On Dec 21, 2022
Uchesis:

Bros chill. if to say na your Ronaldo win this world cup you no go talk like this. Messi is the undisputed GOAT. period grin
You don shift goalpost when fact slapped you in the face? Now you know Pele no be local champion. You are the one that should chill. Pele is the undisputed GOAT with 3 world cup trophies grin
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Friend22(m): 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2022
Niwdog:
Absolutely balderdash
I am almost in my middle thirties, I dare say you know nothing about football..you people are just noise makers pure and simple.. The days of Pele were days for real giants not for the faint hearted!
Messi tried,but he never lace Pele boots!

2 Likes

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Baatunde(m): 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
Lots of people on this Nairaland have no manners at all. Someone has expressed an opinion which by your own thinking might be right or wrong, must you always resort to abuse ni?

MiaBeer:
And who opened the cage for Sunday Oliseh?

2 Likes

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Friend22(m): 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2022
Niwdog:
Absolutely balderdash
I am almost in my middle thirties, I dare say you know nothing about football..you people are just noise makers pure and simple.. The days of Pele were days for real giants not for the faint hearted!
Messi tried,but he can never lace Pele boots!

1 Like

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by MiaBeer(m): 12:51pm On Dec 21, 2022
Baatunde:
Lots of people on this Nairaland have no manners at all. Someone has expressed an opinion which by your own thinking might be right or wrong, must you always resort to abuse ni?

Shut up. Stay off my mention.
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by blueAgent(m): 12:52pm On Dec 21, 2022
SouthSouth1914:

Mumu these are personal honors!

Ah!!!! Are you sound?

What makes a player GOAT?

Is it Collective Honours acheived by the team or individual Honours?
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by blueAgent(m): 12:55pm On Dec 21, 2022
yomi531:
3 world cups when there was no yellow cards and red cards until 1970 world cup. No substitutions. No V.A.R. sef. 16 team world cup. Rubbish. Messi is the greatest of all times. My G.o.a.t starting from the top .
Messi
Pele
Cr7
Maradona
Ronaldo De Lima
Ronaldinho
Zidane
Cruyff
Marco Van Basten
Thierry Henry/ George Best

I Concur

1 Like

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by HBB1(m): 1:52pm On Dec 21, 2022
Lamasta:

There is no player who does not have ego its the media that is making CR7 to look bad cos they don't like him...

Many things LM will do and go scot free if CR7 does it he will be thorn into pieces by the media cos he is always the scape goat...
LM is good no doubt but look at the youngsters making waves currently in world football most of them all look up to CR7....

In my opinion even in Argentina of today you cannot say Messi is greater than Maradona not to talk of being the greatest, but when football greats are been discussed LM and CR7 will always be mentioned for their consistency for the past 20 years...

Ego is different from Ego.

Ronaldo is a Narcissist.
I have a background in healthcare so I can notice some traits.
Besides how is Media making him look bad?

How come in your conspiracy theory, everyone is against him?
Come on!

Or is the Media also responsible for the petulance he shows on the field, or his sister being an asshole.
Or him forcing, 'I am the greatest,' down everyone's throat.

Man-Child!

Messi won't do that...
He was well brought up?
grin

About youngsters looking up to whomever, you are being very selective with the truth...

Many of these youngsters are Messi-crazy.
So are many of his contemporaries.

I dont know why you think Argentines don't regard Messi as the greatest...

Before the world cup, they were split between him and Maradona.

Usually the older ones think Maradona and younger people Messi.

There are videos showing these Polls.

Now that he has win the World Cup, there is no arguement again.

At least he is greater than CR7
grin

Oga, rest!
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by HBB1(m): 2:00pm On Dec 21, 2022
jaxxy:

I give him that cos of his position of play bt anything else he is a fraud.

What position of play?

If Ronaldo plays that position, will he do better?

Or you think it's tap-in we are discussing here?

Make e go win World cup or even Golden Ball if e easy!

Joker cheesy
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Uchesis: 2:15pm On Dec 21, 2022
Amalekki:

You don shift goalpost when fact slapped you in the face? Now you know Pele no be local champion. You are the one that should chill. Pele is the undisputed GOAT with 3 world cup trophies grin
its quite easy to know Ronaldo fans these days. They are the only ones who still don't agree that Messi is the GOAT after winning U20 world cup, olympic gold medal, copa america, champions league and world cup. Now chill bro
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by omonnakoda: 2:15pm On Dec 21, 2022
HBB1:

Ronaldo is a Narcissist.

Come on!

Or is the Media also responsible for the petulance he shows on the field, or his sister being an asshole.

Man-Child!

Messi won't do that...
He was well brought up?
grin

About youngsters looking up to whomever, you are being very selective with the truth...

grin

Oga, rest!
Being a Narcissist is not a HEALTHCARE construct and having a healthcare background does not make you better placed to identify it than a person with a background in theatre arts . Army or the Judiciary

1 Like

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by jaxxy(m): 2:15pm On Dec 21, 2022
HBB1:

What position of play?

If Ronaldo plays that position, will he do better?

Or you think it's tap-in we are discussing here?

Make e go win World cup or even Golden Ball if e easy!

Joker cheesy

winning world Cup with Argentina is far easier than winning with Portugal yet Messi is only winning it now and with alot if free penalties and poor officiating.
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Uchesis: 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2022
jaxxy:

winning world Cup with Argentina is far easier than winning with Portugal yet Messi is only winning it now and with alot if free penalties and poor officiating.
Portugal has more star players than Argentina. Ruben Dias, Bernardo Silva, Joao Felix, Bruno Fernandez, Diogo Jota, Joao Cancelo, etc
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by SouthSouth1914: 2:33pm On Dec 21, 2022
blueAgent:

Ah!!!! Are you sound?

What makes a player GOAT?

Is it Collective Honours acheived by the team or individual Honours?

Haha.., what a tramp! Can’t argue with a birdbrain!
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by HBB1(m): 2:46pm On Dec 21, 2022
jaxxy:

Oga rest!

You don dey talk oshi!

Winning world cup is easier with Argentina?

What was special about that team?

Could they have won it without Messi?

Man for man is the Portugese team not better?
Abegi!

...Lots of free penalties and poor officiating?

Yet France had 2 penalties?

If e easy to win world cup, why Belgium never win am?
Or why haven't Germany, Spain, France or England been winning every 4 years.

E no make sense!
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by HBB1(m): 2:48pm On Dec 21, 2022
omonnakoda:
Being a Narcissist is not a HEALTHCARE construct and having a healthcare background does not make you better placed to identify it than a person with a background in theatre arts . Army or the Judiciary

You realise Narcissism is a Personality Disorder?

Like in Psychiatry?

What is more healthcare related than that?

Christ!
cheesy
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by HBB1(m): 2:52pm On Dec 21, 2022
omonnakoda:

What were you saying again?

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Lamasta(m): 2:59pm On Dec 21, 2022
HBB1:

Ronaldo is a Narcissist.

Come on!

Man-Child!

Messi won't do that...
He was well brought up?
grin

grin

Oga, rest!

Oga go straight to the point and admit you are a Messi fan simple instead of all this your epistle praising Messi and downgrading Ronaldo undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Disappointing To Lose Through Penalty: Oparanozie Apologises For Losing Her Kick / Mbappe to leave on a free transfer, reach agreement with Real Madrid / Ecuador Vs Senegal: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (1 - 2) On 29th Nov 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.