Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh (25120 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Is The Only African Woman To Score In 3 World Cups. / Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score In Five World Cups / 'i've Won 3 Trophies, What More Could I Do?' - Ronaldo Talks About Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Fearyourcreator: 11:26pm On Dec 20, 2022
HBB1:

Good pitch...?

So by your analogy, children playing on dusty grounds or patchy fields in Africa are better than those playing on grass.

Or those playing with Felele or bumpy footballs are better?

Did Mourinho's Madrid not rough-house prime Barca?

Where they not still beaten blue-black.

Advancement in science and medicine means todays players are stronger, fitter and better conditioned.

Lots of old-school footballers smoked and binged on alcohol.

Today, even to eat chocolate, they no go gree you.

Which is the very reason you have players actively playing into their 40s now.

Vinnie Jones was a defender and I saw videos of him play-- he was shit!

Kicking people around does not make a good defender.

Even rugby has rules.

I wouldn't say because early UFC fights allowed groin strikes, that the fighters of those years are better than today's.
That is bullshit!

Today's C teams will wipe the floor with teams of yesteryears.

...and it is the same with anyother sport you can think of.

People are bigger, fitter, faster and stronger.
They also compete with people of a similar ilk.

That's why records get broken every year.

Did you watch football in the 90s
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Fearyourcreator: 11:29pm On Dec 20, 2022
yinkeys:

There are old videos online of ancient world cups. I’ve watched some
It ain’t spectacular & competitive like the modern game
Been closely watching World Cups since 1998
I can vividly remember the theme songs too
I remember golden goals etc
Qatar World Cup is the best ever
Don’t know why people are still debating this
I predicted Argentina would be before the opening ceremony based on form but I didn’t know they’d go through hell to get it
Same way I predicted France four years ago
Today’s athletes are better than those of yesterday
The game only have few good players now than then...
France 98 was powerful ... What we watch today is hype... Social media shits ...
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by HBB1(m): 11:36pm On Dec 20, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Did you watch football in the 90s

Yep!
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by elonize(m): 11:43pm On Dec 20, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Wetin Sunday olisheh know

The good thing about this Messi lifting this trophy is that we now know the number of penaldians

Make I pepper them with Peter drury words once more

"The little boy from rosario Argentina santa fe!
on behalf of every little boy wearing his shirt!
messi on a million backs!
messi for a million flash bulbs!
messi crowned his Stella career

He was beautiful

He was the point of difference
He has always been the point of difference

Unparalleled
And maybe today there will of course always be those who argue
Always be those who debate and the debate can rage on if you like

But has He falls in love with the objects in the world that is heart most desired
It is hard to escape the supposition that he has rendered himself today
the GREATEST OF ALL TIME"
u n oliseh who get more knowledge for football,some of these generation ppo,go just dey shout messi or ronaldo is d greatest of all time.
Do u know wat men have done in d past,lifting worldcups twice or back to vack
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Sholuwa241: 11:45pm On Dec 20, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Wetin Sunday olisheh know

The good thing about this Messi lifting this trophy is that we now know the number of penaldians

Make I pepper them with Peter drury words once more

"The little boy from rosario Argentina santa fe!
on behalf of every little boy wearing his shirt!
messi on a million backs!
messi for a million flash bulbs!
messi crowned his Stella career

He was beautiful

He was the point of difference
He has always been the point of difference

Unparalleled
And maybe today there will of course always be those who argue
Always be those who debate and the debate can rage on if you like

But has He falls in love with the objects in the world that is heart most desired
It is hard to escape the supposition that he has rendered himself today kwasia look for the meaning of this Ghanian word and understand what it means before opening your mouth, shut up there Oliseh is correct you when not even no where 3 they stand for pitch nai they won talk to Oliseh see him eye like does of ganja taker.
the GREATEST OF ALL TIME"
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by ambale(m): 11:49pm On Dec 20, 2022
Even this one wey mess super chickens up when he was given coach to dey talk

Nonsense and ingredients, face your home first and leave Messi and Pele

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by elonize(m): 11:53pm On Dec 20, 2022
To win worldcup twice or 3times nobi teeth, sm will say d football den was whack.n if u check those saying dis,dem no even sabi play ball..1tin dem no sabi.
D greatest of all time is pelé,finish..den let's just say maradonna..
Nobi messi wen just cm up which day ,na sm young generation go dey shout up n down.. Na social media I blame.
Football hard,e nor easy.
Most of d younger ones shouting messi,haven't watched fifia archives to see what has been done by men...winning WC twice..
UCL n every oda trophies nobi WC,d competition too hard n unpredictable.
Let dem go back to history, den dis debates stops
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Originalsly: 12:16am On Dec 21, 2022
HBB1:

So you watched whole matches of Pele's matches?

Or just highlights?

Is it highlights you will use to determine if someone was the best ever?

SMH.

If you read again you will see what determine if someone was the best ever.... then if you read what you wrote above you will also see how off is your comment.
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by HBB1(m): 12:21am On Dec 21, 2022
Originalsly:

If you read again you will see what determine if someone was the best ever.... then if you read what you wrote above you will also see how off is your comment.

...and what determines if someone was the best ever?
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by luluman: 12:23am On Dec 21, 2022
Niwdog:
Absolutely balderdash
You just open dictionary. He said the fact.
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by jaxxy(m): 12:24am On Dec 21, 2022
Merch:
Oliseh has never said anything reasonable all his life..person wey dey fight gidigbo with him player for training, useless oliseh

Oliseh is totally right. Pele is the Goat.

Messi is the chicken.
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by HBB1(m): 12:28am On Dec 21, 2022
jaxxy:

Oliseh is totally right. Pele is the Goat.

Messi is the chicken.

...and CR7 is a worm!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Lamasta(m): 12:55am On Dec 21, 2022
Oliseh no need to loud the Mic even in Argentina Maradona is still the GOAT there anytime anyday
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Lamasta(m): 12:56am On Dec 21, 2022
HBB1:

...and what determines if someone was the best ever?

What makes you say Messi is the best ever
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by jaxxy(m): 1:06am On Dec 21, 2022
HBB1:

...and CR7 is a worm!

The GOAT of this era.

None of them is above Pele bt CR7 has surpassed Pele goals so technically he is the Goat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by nostradamoss: 1:40am On Dec 21, 2022
yinkeys:

I can guarantee that the World Cup wasn’t as competitive back then grin

Same as the world cup ,if it was easy why didn't other country win it?
Stop talking like a child
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by HBB1(m): 1:52am On Dec 21, 2022
Lamasta:

What makes you say Messi is the best ever

I am not saying so and I am not saying he is not.

To start with, I rate Maradona over Pele...

The other players I rate up with them are R9, Ronaldinho, CR7 and Messi.

(R9, Dinho and Messi based on raw talent).

I however think CR7 and Messi trump them because of their consistency for over 10 years...

That is mad!

I think the arguement should be between this two just based on this.
They are the 2 greatest footballers ever.

I like Messi more because he is a Genius and has been at the top for this long...

In all truth however, I also have the most respect for CR7-- he was a beast.
I just have problems with his ego.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by HBB1(m): 1:53am On Dec 21, 2022
jaxxy:

The GOAT of this era.

None of them is above Pele bt CR7 has surpassed Pele goals so technically he is the Goat.

undecided

And Messi has more goal contributions than anybody that has ever lived.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by donmik: 2:05am On Dec 21, 2022
Haters never sleep cos of hypertension.
Football played when there was no standard rule.
Where is he as his country continues to Jons in world cup all this while.
You 're talking as if we don't know he is facing death now cos he knew MESSI would get what he feared most.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by sexysunnyb(m): 2:09am On Dec 21, 2022
Do some people think and reason with there anus Fifa helped Argentina to win the world cup and Mbapper was awarded 2 penalties and France even equalized to take the game to open Penalties after the late King Messi Goal and you guys still call it match fixing ??
I also guess Fifa also helped Coman and Tchouameni to loose the penalty shootout ?
Some people needs Brain Transplant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Edusouls(m): 2:22am On Dec 21, 2022
lhordspy:
Lol. Every man is entitle to his opinion. But we all know you are just seeking attention here, Mr oliseh.

This kids una Dey funny, Pele won 3 world cups and no one has done so in history, is that hard to understand?

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Reeb2244: 2:56am On Dec 21, 2022
walkbrazil4k:
King pele grin
When football was very soft. Stop pretending like you don't know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Fearyourcreator: 4:31am On Dec 21, 2022
HBB1:

Yep!
Lolz
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by ogbonti: 4:40am On Dec 21, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

The players are more protected now... Then you can't last long before getting injured

exactly my point so those calling Messi or Ronaldo the GOAT should realize if these 2 played in the time of Pele and early 80’s when Maradona played they will be just likened to Mario Kempes for Ronaldo and Johan Cruyff for Messi -greats but not the greatest

1 Like

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:59am On Dec 21, 2022
blueAgent:

Shut up, with your useless fact lies

It's like you're high.

Where are the lies?
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by ogbonti: 5:11am On Dec 21, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

When did FIFA award messi the goat?
Calling pele a fraud ... Personally I rate ronaldo of Brazil than messi and cr7...
Brazil called pele national treasure ... You come nairaland called him national trash... Wahala dey ooo... Ontop say messi won WC... Na one he won ooo.. Na players won two and three na... Or which cup pass WC... Dey calm down... Not everyone should have same opinion as yours... Thing is every players play different times... But just tell me where football governing body gave messi the greatest of all timw award

And Pele was given the player of the century award by FIFA the same player he is calling trash - makes me believe some people here may be argentines faking as Nigerians
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Fearyourcreator: 5:36am On Dec 21, 2022
ogbonti:

And Pele was given the player of the century award by FIFA the same player he is calling trash - makes me believe some people here may be argentines faking as Nigerians
Very funny ... Calling pele trash...
Cr7 and messi arguement is the best in their era... Nothing like GOAT... It's all peoples opinion... And again we can never compare WC to any trophy in football... Winning it multiple times is also not a small feature...
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Fearyourcreator: 5:39am On Dec 21, 2022
ogbonti:

exactly my point so those calling Messi or Ronaldo the GOAT should realize if these 2 played in the time of Pele and early 80’s when Maradona played they will be just likened to Mario Kempes for Ronaldo and Johan Cruyff for Messi -greats but not the greatest
Even the 90s brought era of best defenders ... Where player like Ronaldo of Brazil turn them to trash... Football is soft now... Just have the skill and be dedicated ... Unlike then rough tackles wont make players last... People return from injury faster now even fracture... Then their some kind of injury its over for the player career ... It heart disease I see now as a major problem...

1 Like

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Elidrisy20: 5:54am On Dec 21, 2022
Sunday wetin you win, for your career as footballer,first of all, did you ever faced Messi in any matches you played in your career,if no is the answer,then keep quiet
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Blazebond(m): 6:16am On Dec 21, 2022
Pele is the greatest footballer of all time and the second closest to him is still Diego maradona,if you like you argue with your key pad na you know.
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by iykofias(m): 6:28am On Dec 21, 2022
forgiveness:

Sorry, Google didn't tell you he was injured in the group stage. Get your facts right next time.

and yet they won it
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by SouthSouth1914: 6:53am On Dec 21, 2022
blueAgent:

Cry more,Foolish penaldo fan.

The facts speak for themselves.

Any one that denies facts and reality is mentally unstable

Messi's World cup records.

Even Pele or Maradona cannot boasts of this records.

Note this records does not include his club records.

1. Most Appearances - 26

2. First Ever Two-Time Golden Ball Winner

3.Most Player Of The Match Awards - 11

4.Most Player Of The Match Awards At One World Cup

5.Most Goal Contributions - 21

6. Most Games As Captain

7. First Player To Register An Assist At Five World Cups

8. First Player To Score In Every Round

9. Most World Cups Played For Argentina

10. Most World Cup Goals For Argentina

Mumu these are personal honors!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mbappe to leave on a free transfer, reach agreement with Real Madrid / Ecuador Vs Senegal: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (1 - 2) On 29th Nov 2022 / Everton Completes The Signing Of Theo Walcott From Arsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.