Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears (4925 Views)

MINIMUM WAGE: Oshiomhole Disowns Govs, Backs Workers / Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears In Ondo State Today / . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by aloyemeka2: 7:21pm On Aug 31, 2011
[size=14pt]Enugu pays minimum wage, clears arrears[/size]
on AUGUST 31, 2011 · in NEWS

THE Enugu State Government has, in addition to the payment of the minimum wage, also cleared the arrears of its civil servants in the implementation of the N18,000 minimum wage law. The above disclosure was made in a statement signed by Chuks Ugwoke, the state Commissioner for Information.

Ugwoke said the government took the decision in recognition of the harmonious relationship that has existed between her and the organized labour as well as the administration’s resolve to accord priority attention to the welfare of workers in the state.

He added: “We deem it necessary to give an update on the implementation of the minimum wage in Enugu State. The payment of the August salary of the workers reflected the full implementation of the minimum wage law by the administration of Governor Sullivan Chime. He has continued to insist that his government must accord priority attention to the welfare of workers.

“In addition to the payment of the new wage, the Enugu state government has also cleared the minimum wage arrears.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/enugu-pays-minimum-wage-clears-arrears/
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by Afam4eva(m): 7:27pm On Aug 31, 2011
Enugu is working. To God be the glory.
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by PointB: 9:04pm On Aug 31, 2011
Nice work Chime!
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by nigboy(m): 4:19am On Sep 01, 2011
Kudo to Enugu State Governor
He is really trying
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by dabrake(m): 4:32am On Sep 01, 2011
Enugu state, EBA ENO
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by lagcity(m): 5:46am On Sep 01, 2011
this is good move. e no easy 4 naija.
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by Ibiyeye09: 7:17am On Sep 01, 2011
Nice job!
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by BashMe1(m): 9:31am On Sep 01, 2011
Cute Gov. and his cute attitude towards humanity, Thumbs Up
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by talktrue1(m): 9:34am On Sep 01, 2011
Some1 should confirm it before praising him. Let it not be a political talk
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by Kemjisuper(m): 9:37am On Sep 01, 2011
Well done my Great Governor! Let others be there looking for which public funds to loot! Mscheeeeeew! angry
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by Ben13: 10:00am On Sep 01, 2011
talk true:

Nigerians!! cheesy
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by Geomel: 10:34am On Sep 01, 2011
May God continue to bless and guild Enugu state government in Jesus name.AMEN
www.web4lagos.com
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by kwenu: 10:44am On Sep 01, 2011

TRUE TALK, THIS IS TRUE BECAUSE MY BROTHER WORKS THERE IN THE STATE JUDICIARY AND HE COMFIRMED IT TO BE TRUE BY THE RECIEVING OF PAYMENT ALERT ON HIS PHONE,
THE STATE IS DOING WELL DESPITE THE MANY CHALLENGES THEY ARE FACING AND MIND YOU ENUGU STATE IS AMONGST OF THE STATES THAT RECIEVES THE LOWEST ALLOCATION AMONGST OTHER STATES IN NIGERIA
DESPITE THE LITLE BEING GIVEN TO THE STATE YEST THE GOVERNOR HAS MADE HER GOOD MOVE
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by Natudu: 11:13am On Sep 01, 2011
The coal city is really working. Just hope the governor works harder to make up for the 8yrs of gross misrule imposed on the Enugu people by the past administration. I am curiously watching Enugu and Rivers states. Those states are making great progress and they share a similar past misrule history wink
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by chylind5: 11:52am On Sep 01, 2011
Thats my State for you. Enugu for Life.
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by jenuel: 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2011
Congrats dear Gov. and the good people of Enugu State. I do hope other governors in the South East will emulate Chime. I strongly believe that Nigeria can be better.
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by ak47mann(m): 12:14pm On Sep 01, 2011
i love enugu beautiful environment cheesy cheesy
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by Outstrip(f): 12:48pm On Sep 01, 2011
Enugu rocks
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by johnjoel(m): 1:21pm On Sep 01, 2011
that my gvnor good luck
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by otokx(m): 1:42pm On Sep 01, 2011
Chime has done what Jonathan has not done
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by Kx: 1:45pm On Sep 01, 2011
otokx:

Chime has done what Jonathan has not done
But still The man in ABJ will claim credit for it. angry
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by bammo: 1:53pm On Sep 01, 2011
is that d best the govnor can com up wiv, matter of fact this is something he is forced 2 do and must do, every other govnors will too, so dis is nuffin.
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by alexleo(m): 1:56pm On Sep 01, 2011
what he did was to add five thousand naira to senior workers of levels 7 - 16 while the levels below got a ten thousand naira increment. I wonder how this shows that he has paid the minimum wage. The previous minimum wage was about 7000 naira. When u add 5000 or ten thousand does that get to 18,000? Chime is doing well but in this particular issue he is not there yet.
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by Gbenge77(m): 2:03pm On Sep 01, 2011
Good to know.
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by Kizilala: 3:25pm On Sep 01, 2011
Nice one.All Governors should emulate that.
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by Dandas: 3:36pm On Sep 01, 2011
Chime Nwa nna a,udo diri gi.Oga adiri gi mma.Umu Enugu kwugi na azu.Chineke gozie gi.
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 01, 2011
I wish we could extend Chime's tenure. 042 for life!!
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by executinal(m): 4:01pm On Sep 01, 2011
alexleo:

what he did was to add five thousand naira to senior workers of levels 7 - 16 while the levels below got a ten thousand naira increment. I wonder how this shows that he has paid the minimum wage. The previous minimum wage was about 7000 naira. When u add 5000 or ten thousand does that get to 18,000? Chime is doing well but in this particular issue he is not there yet.
Were did you get that information from? were you employed by Enugu state Government? I ask because i have couple of friends working with Enugu state Government and they confirm what the poster just said. Maybe you have

another source of your information or your MD decided to cheat on you guys.
woodcook:

I wish we could extend Chime's tenure. 042 for life!!
Only change can take Enugu people there. So two tenure is enough for him, Enugu na ebe ano cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by HighChief4(m): 4:20pm On Sep 01, 2011
Chime has really done well in Enugu. We are glad to have such a governor in my state. One day Enugu will turn to Obodo-Oyibo
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by Litmus: 4:24pm On Sep 01, 2011
This is what we expect from an Ibo state, clever people most show the way for others to follow.
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by Natudu: 4:50pm On Sep 01, 2011
I particularly want Chime to take Enugu to the next level. We must generate revenue from within. We must break this dependence on meagre monthly allocation. We must get the brains of our teeming population to work in the right direction. To get this right, he must step out of the box and think of how to integrate our energies in the actualization of our collective goals.
I see good signs and i just hope he doesn't get derailed,
Re: Enugu Pays Minimum Wage And Clears Arrears by bammo: 6:18pm On Sep 01, 2011
abeg, you pple should stop disgracing urselves, what has he done sef, because he paid first, U guyz hav'nt seen anything yet, chime is only lending u d money, e go collect am back,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Might Win The Election / Throwback: "Abba Kyari Will Leave South East In Shame And Disgrace" - Nnamdi Ka / Tinubu Finally Knelt To Pray At Jumaat To Prove His Fitness. ( Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.