Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

. T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian (4604 Views)

Ex-Governor T.A Orji Booed In Abia - The Sun / Photo Of Obasanjo In 1998 Speaking To The Press On Release From Prison / St Paul's College President Denies Speaking To SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by ak47mann(m): 4:56pm On Oct 08, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJdj9Bjxrtk

NOW i can see the reason why he did what he did cool cool

Gang-rape video , ABSU Students Demonstrate over rape Accusation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGJn4CvWGxA
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by ak47mann(m): 5:02pm On Oct 08, 2011
Nigerians should listen very carefully he was told by rivers state that the job he apply was for rivers indigenous only and i believed that not only in rivers other parts of the country do the same their is no smoke without fire cool cool
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by htajz: 5:40pm On Oct 08, 2011
well nobody can deny he speaks the truth but he should know all those attacks are launched by his own people from his own state especially political enemies, the first step to becoming a good governor is to invest in the media ,look at lagos with all the crime there yet fashola is praised everyday.
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by Onlytruth(m): 5:43pm On Oct 08, 2011
Okay, I've watched the video and here are my conclusions:

(1) Gov T. A Orji failed to show a logical connection between the N18,000 minimum wage and the disengagement of non-indegenes.

(2) He is an intelligent man who articulates his points well, though he may only fool the gullible.

(3) He deployed the old trick in the book of political never-do-wells of history - putting on the Abia "patriotic" garb to woo Abians towards his objectives. He tries to appear statesmanlike, but is really self serving. All tyrants and despots in history used the same trick.  

Overall, here is my advise to Gov Orji (about his "everybody is against Abian" gambit)
:
Ndigbo say that "Ebe nwata na ebe akwa na aru aka, nne anoghi ebe ahu, nna ya no ya" (whatever direction a child is pointing while crying, if the child's father is not there, his/her mother must be there!).
All these bad news coming out of Abia under your term of governorship must have a reason.
You can blame everybody as much as you like. It would pay Abians more if you actually work for them, than seeking cheap blackmail of others.
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by aljharem3: 5:44pm On Oct 08, 2011
htajz:

well nobody can deny he speaks the truth but he should know all those attacks are launched by his own people from his own state especially political enemies, the first step to becoming a good governor is to invest in the media ,look at lagos with all the crime there yet fashola is praised everyday.

Dude can you stop posting rubbish. Is crime the state government duty or the FG duty.

Did fashola not propose for each state to have it's police force. Was it implemented ?
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by htajz: 6:32pm On Oct 08, 2011
alj_harem:

Dude can you stop posting rubbish. Is crime the state government duty or the FG duty.

Did fashola not propose for each state to have it's police force. Was it implemented ?

exactly so why are we always attacking abia for every little crime , even if somebody steals chewing gum in abia it will make head lines, have you ever thought of that? thats why i said it must be coming from his political enemies in abia so he needs to invest more on the media like fashola,peter obi and co, do you know how many rape cases are reported every day on nigerian news papers? why is abia case still makiing headline even up till today even though nobody knows who the victim is and where it actually happened?
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by ak47mann(m): 6:45pm On Oct 08, 2011
^^^

valid point cool
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by remarkD(m): 7:37pm On Oct 08, 2011
I think his number one enemy is his former boss. its been said before, although selective development is not always a good idea, he's been doing good things to develope umuahia. lipsrsealed
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by htajz: 7:41pm On Oct 08, 2011
remark D:

I think his number one enemy is his former boss. its been said before, although selective development is not always a good idea, he's been doing good things to develope umuahia. lipsrsealed
we often forget umuahia is the capital of abia and its among the top neatest and peaceful cities in nigeria
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by ReachRich(m): 7:55pm On Oct 08, 2011
That man is d worst govno in Nigeria.
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by doctokwus: 8:03pm On Oct 08, 2011
Theodore Orji is a curse to d state,people who find any justification for all his non performance as a gov or all d horrible news coming out frm dat state are also doing Abians a great disservice.As a gov,T.A. Orji has bn nothing but a disaster to himself,his family,state and nation!
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by remarkD(m): 8:57pm On Oct 08, 2011
"He sucks, " he's this he's that, we've heard it all before. That this man unwrapped the tight grip of OUK and his mother, given how they wanted to run that state six feet under, makes me tip my hat for him. Again, as he said, his enemies have used the media to paint him in bad light, so that's why people that live far away and haven't been to the state at all can read articles and conclude that Abia is horrible etc, i've learnt not to make conclusions based on what the media says, cause its all skewed one way or another, you never know who has an agenda these days, hmm that's more than i wanted to say lol
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by ReachRich(m): 9:57pm On Oct 08, 2011
remark D:

"He sucks, " he's this he's that, we've heard it all before. That this man unwrapped the tight grip of OUK and his mother, given how they wanted to run that state six feet under, makes me tip my hat for him. Again, as he said, his enemies have used the media to paint him in bad light, so that's why people that live far away and haven't been to the state at all can read articles and conclude that Abia is horrible etc, i've learnt not to make conclusions based on what the media says, cause its all skewed one way or another, you never know who has an agenda these days, hmm that's more than i wanted to say lol
Guy i live in Abia and i can confidently tell u that T A Orji is d worst governor in the history of Abia.He told us that he liberated Abia frm Orji Kalu & his mum but he placed Abia under greater bondage when he made up with his erstwhile political enemies who brought him to PDP.These pple include Onyema Ugochukwu,Enyinnaya Abaribe,vincent ogbulafor & others.He did this to spite Orji Kalu.He settles these pple every month frm Abia allocatn.Do u now see d reason why no developmental project is going on in d state since he decamped to PDP?
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by htajz: 9:59pm On Oct 08, 2011
ReachRich:

That man is d worst govno in Nigeria.
doctokwus:

Theodore Orji is a curse to d state,people who find any justification for all his non performance as a gov or all d horrible news coming out frm dat state are also doing Abians a great disservice.As a gov,T.A. Orji has bn nothing but a disaster to himself,his family,state and nation!

shut up why not tell us what state your from first before opening your stinking mouth ,i go to aba all the time and theres no difference between it and other nigerian cities.
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by EzeUche(m): 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2011
OUK is probably his biggest enemy in the state.

Never underestimate the man. T.A. Orji is a small compared to the fish that OUK tried to catch like Obasanjo.
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by ifyalways(f): 11:06am On Oct 09, 2011
doctokwus:

Is he as bad as Obi?
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by asha80(m): 11:07am On Oct 09, 2011
ifyalways:

Is he as bad as Obi?

is this a joke?when last have been to abia state?
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by dabrake(m): 1:17pm On Oct 09, 2011
htajz:

shut up why not tell us what state your from first before opening your stinking mouth ,i go to aba all the time and theres no difference between it and other nigerian cities.
pls gist mi about aba. Hope itz nt different frm calabar, enugu or ikoyi cuz if itz dat same aba dat i knw, . . . . That weneva i wana travel any 'aba-link' road, i go via aircraft. And btw, b4 u bash mi, im frm akwa ibom state and i liv dere. Dnt knw hw much u've heard about ma gov buh bliv mi, akpabio is tryin and he is working.
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by NIGboi(m): 3:21pm On Oct 09, 2011
All these folks saying T.A liberated and T.A is doing a good job obviously don't know what they are saying.
Am from Abia and can confidently say that T.A Orji is unarguably the worst governor in Nigeria. He has done almost nothing from his first term till now except change parties and blame his political benefactor,
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by callydon(m): 5:55pm On Oct 09, 2011
I dn't think anyone who has ever being to Abia state wud say one word in support of T.A Orji. U can't be in another state n say wot is happening in another state,T.A Orji is a TOTAL FLOP n he knws it.
No roads,no light,no public water,doctors on strike,no security , etc n he's jst interested in sacking Non-Abians in d civil service.
His reason,minimum wage,4Gods sake Abia is among d oil producing states in d Fast n he's complaining.
Orji is just a big NEPOTISTIC fool.
I end my case.
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by callydon(m): 6:10pm On Oct 09, 2011
remark D:

dat is absolute rubbish.
What of Dr.Chris Ngige of Anambra?
T.A Orji shud learn 2accept responsibility 4his failures n not look 4whom to transfer it to.
Dat man is a weakling,wen he was in PPA he said Orji Uzor Kalu was his problem,but now he is in PDP Who is now his problem?
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by dadicvila(m): 2:37am On Oct 10, 2011
People just think they can open dia mouth on Nairaland and yarn dung, i travelled to Aba 3 months ago,i can confidently say Aba is the dirtiest place on planeth earth,dat Governor is a curse to the people of Abia state,
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by member479760: 2:46am On Oct 10, 2011
There will be a war when this country divide.
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by Okijajuju1(m): 11:36am On Oct 10, 2011
The number of Abians in Rivers State Public service is alarming!! They come here, pay to get local govt. identification and snatch jobs meant for Rivers people, I think Amaechi needs to do something about this fast.
Re: . T. A. Orji Speaking To The Press In Abuja On 18000 Wage And Sacking None Abian by charlesnwa(m): 12:29pm On Apr 14, 2012
Everyone comes here and open their mouths to curse the governor of abia state and criticize abia state. we should have some respect and courtesy. I am from abia state and do not see what the noise is all about. The state govt is doing what can been done with available resources and what i see in Aba and Umuahia as at today is development in progress.

@callydon(m: you need to have respect. do you talk that way about your father. we should be civil in our language and make suggestions on how things can get better not just mouthing stupid statements.

I live in Umuahia and there are lots of projects going on; employment of youths, etc. Aba is been rehabilitated with several roads been constructed, etc. The state receives allocation of about N3bn mthly and pays N2bn plus as monthly salary. What really do you expect to be achieved with what is remaining?. Comparing the projects currently on ground, i dont think we really expect much more?. Yes, I agree that each state should be self sustaining and develop internal sources of revenue to sustain development in the statee. Apart from that, lets give the man time. He still has 3 years in this tenure. Which other state does not have their own challenges?

Another thing you must consider is the mentality and lifestyle of the citizens. This is also a major challenge to the govt. Is abia state d only state where doctors go on strike? Doctors in lagos state are currently on strike. There is security in Abia state now. Get your facts concerning the disengagement of non indigenes in the state civil service. You have no real facts but are just been sentimental here. Pls provide solutions not criticisms based on sentiments!!!

(1) (Reply)

Oyakhilome-owned Superscreen Television Workers Protest 7 Month Unpaid Salary / APC: Ngige For President / Adeyinka Grandson Blasts Osinbajo For "Pathetic" Campaign Photo (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.