Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Passport Question: Local Govt Letter Of Identification - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passport Question: Local Govt Letter Of Identification (10015 Views)

Release All Nigerian Detainees Or Face Disband, British Party Warns UK Govt / Diff Btw Letter Of Identification Frm Local Govt And State Of Origin Certificate / Is Old Mrp Passport Still A Valid Identification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passport Question: Local Govt Letter Of Identification by Philip79: 8:34pm On Aug 31, 2011
Hello All,

I am trying to complete my passport application and am having a difficult time understanding the requirements. On this website [ https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/?p=passportguidelines ], it asks for a Local Government Letter of Identification. What in the world does this mean, and is it something I can get from here --in DC? I hope it is not implying that I need to get an ID from my hometown local government area,

Thanks

Philip
Re: Passport Question: Local Govt Letter Of Identification by mbatuku1: 3:05pm On Sep 01, 2011
It's a document you get from the secretariat of your local govt of origin. You also need a confirmation letter from the traditional ruler of your community to apply for it.
Re: Passport Question: Local Govt Letter Of Identification by Philip79: 3:31pm On Sep 01, 2011
Thanks for your reply. It will be hard o, especially since I am currently not in Lagos.

So, I guess that means I have to communicate with anyone who can help me from back home to accomplish this --if that is even possible.

Philip
Re: Passport Question: Local Govt Letter Of Identification by mbatuku1: 4:58pm On Sep 01, 2011
If you want to do the right thing, you'll have to do it yourself(physically present). It's not proper if you do it the other way round.

(1) (Reply)

Uk Visit Visa Refused,plss I Need Help / PIRACY: Nigeria Water’s Now Worse Than Somalia / Get Europe Visa With 5 Years Resident Permit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.