Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,313 members, 7,954,252 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:26 PM

What Is A Press Release? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is A Press Release? (298 Views)

Being A Press Statement Of The National Association Of Nigerian Students Nans / Yakubu Nura: UNIMAID Press Release On Winning 'World Physics Champion' / Professor's Nude Photos: UNILAG Releases Press Statement. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is A Press Release? by seosabun: 2:52am On Dec 21, 2022
A press release is a written document prepared for the media – also called the press - that announces something newsworthy. This 1-3-page document is disseminated to the media in the hopes that reporters and editors will use the information contained within in an upcoming TV or radio broadcast, in a newspaper or magazine issue, or on the media’s website.

Reasons for a Press Release
There are a number of situations that might call for the use of a press release, such as:

Company announcement - Restructuring, expansion, relocation, new locations, strategic partnership, new financial backers or investors are all worthy of a press release.
Product announcement - New products, improved products, new brands, new retail outlets carrying the product could all be announced through a press release.
Initiative announcement - New internal or external projects that impact the company’s community would be appropriate for a press release.
Employee announcement - New hires and promotions are worthy of a press release.
Honors or awards - Awards or special recognition given to a company, product, project, or employee are all press release-worthy.
Research results - Releasing the findings of a survey or study of some kind related to the business.
The key question to ask yourself before preparing one is, “Who cares about this information?” And as long as the answer is people who will turn to the press for information, you’re on the right track with your press release.
Re: What Is A Press Release? by errichamp(m): 4:49pm On May 24, 2023
I appreciate you taking the time to provide such a thorough and informative explanation of what a press release entails and the diverse reasons behind its use. Your insights have shed light on the subject and broadened my understanding.
Re: What Is A Press Release? by rolinox(m): 5:24pm On May 24, 2023
Thanks for sharing this comprehensive explanation of what a press release is and its various purposes. It's always helpful to understand the mechanics behind such documents. I stumbled upon this thread while doing some research on press releases. Nevertheless, I appreciate you shedding light on the importance of considering the target audience and the media's interest when preparing a press release. In my online browsing, I came across some insightful guidelines on how to submit a press release on AP News. They offer practical tips and recommendations to make your press release more impactful.
Re: What Is A Press Release? by emmapk1: 1:50pm On Apr 08
A press release serves as a bridge between your company and the media, announcing noteworthy events or developments. It's a concise document distributed to journalists in hopes of securing coverage. Common reasons for press releases include company announcements, product launches, initiatives, employee updates, honors, and research findings. Before crafting one, consider its relevance to the audience. Press releases, when used strategically, enhance visibility and credibility, contributing to digital marketing efforts and attracting media attention organically.

(1) (Reply)

Attention Students! Are You Looking For A Way To Fund Your Education? / What Are Some Fun Things To Do With Kids That They Can Also Learn From? / Project And Monetize Your Skills As A Content Creator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.