Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family (6067 Views)

Who Can Identify This City / You'r Passing Bills Without Notice, Even Money Bills"—Senators Tackle Akpabio / Can You Guess The Name Of This City? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by Osariemen12: 5:43pm On Dec 21, 2022
No good city needs advertisement for migrants. If you doubt it, ask yourself why no one is advertising any south south city, yet they are heavily populated. Even Aba with all the rubbish writings about it is still 1000 times economically more useful than the rag tag Ibadan.

Ibadan is in the same league with Lokoja and Minna.

God bless Benin City.
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by UncleAyo: 5:45pm On Dec 21, 2022
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by Idaytesj29(m): 5:49pm On Dec 21, 2022
fman:
sure...
Brown Roof Republic ™
Yes and your Obi ain't getting no shi shi vote here
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by UncleAyo: 5:49pm On Dec 21, 2022
[quote uthor=Osariemen12 post=119328457]No good city needs advertisement for migrants. If you doubt it, ask yourself why no one is advertising any south south city, yet they are heavily populated. Even Aba with all the rubbish writings about it is still 1000 times economically more useful than the rag tag Ibadan.

Ibadan is in the same league with Lokoja and Minna.

God bless Benin City. [/quote]

USA, UK, Cannada's invitation of immigrants shows they are no good place to go by this your saying.

By what facts and statistic did you compare Ibadan with those place you mention? please, educate us.
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by Idaytesj29(m): 5:52pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ogbuefi2020:

They only schooled there

They didn't even schooled there, they schooled in the mud of Ariaria market.
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by tishbite42: 5:54pm On Dec 21, 2022
fman:
this guy!!
We Tiv Nation defeated your master "the caliphate" and also developed the entire south west and south East!!
Check my signature...

TIV Nation
The most advanced tribe in Nigeria.
What has the SE to do with your madness?!
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by UncleAyo: 6:00pm On Dec 21, 2022
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by Cutehector(m): 6:38pm On Dec 21, 2022
Nobody is talking about the kidnappers on lagos ibadan highway.
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by Karlifate: 8:13pm On Dec 21, 2022
Starboytwo:
Wow, Ibadan tried sha.

So many first’s not only in Nigeria, but Africa as a whole.

No wonder it’s BROWN ROOFED. That is a sign of EARLY CIVILIZATION.

Sounds like sarcasm.
grin grin
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by Erums(m): 8:13pm On Dec 21, 2022
Greatdand007:

You do not live in abk come and see what’s going on here you will know abk has improve better than Lagos

No dey talk rubbish.. Na abk i dey

2 Likes

Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by UncleAyo: 8:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by 5991ayo: 8:26pm On Dec 21, 2022
Great write up
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by Dest8sman: 8:39pm On Dec 21, 2022
Two-thirds of Ibadan consists of mud houses without streets, ancient houses. Apart from this, every other claim made by this writer is laughable.
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by Dest8sman: 8:43pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ibadan is really great in the pages of papers.

Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by fman(m): 4:55am On Dec 22, 2022
tishbite42:

What has the SE to do with your madness?!
quoting me indicates that you are demented. You deserve a brain resetting slap

1 Like

Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by UncleAyo: 4:07pm On Dec 23, 2022
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by babasolution: 5:08pm On Dec 23, 2022
Honestly, southwest cities are below par jare
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by UncleAyo: 12:36pm On Dec 29, 2022
2023 is best time to move to and start a business in Ibadan.
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by UncleAyo: 12:58pm On Dec 29, 2022
University of Ibadan

Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by UncleAyo: 4:57pm On Mar 06, 2023
Ibadan is great!
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by UncleAyo: 3:26pm On Jun 25, 2023
Ibadan
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by saysugar(m): 3:53pm On Jun 25, 2023
UncleAyo:
Ibadan
swear have miss oluyole oo grin ogun state is like prison here sagamu grin saga saga, i remember how i eat whatever i like in ibadan, oja oje snail, oja oba grin bodija/shasha, dugbe dugbe ;. Ibadan sweet me dye, na yeye job i com sagamu for and i still can't chop as i like
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by UncleAyo: 3:56pm On Jun 25, 2023
saysugar:
swear have miss oluyole oo grin ogun state is like prison here sagamu grin saga saga, i remember how i eat whatever i like in ibadan, oja oje snail, oja oba grin bodija/shasha, dugbe dugbe ;. Ibadan sweet me dye, na yeye job i com sagamu for and i still can't chop as i like

You realy know Ibadan.
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by fergie001: 4:00pm On Jun 25, 2023
I love Ibadan..... Get more jobs and we meuve...
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by UncleAyo: 4:16pm On Jun 25, 2023
fergie001:
I love Ibadan..... Get more jobs and we meuve...

Good. You will always be happy to live in Ibadan.
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by fergie001: 4:17pm On Jun 25, 2023
UncleAyo:

Good. You will always be happy to live in Ibadan.
The two years I lived there still bring back sweet memories.
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by grandstar(m): 4:29pm On Jun 25, 2023
One thing I love about Ibadan, you can find all types of neighbourhoods from a village type to the poshest of neighborhoods.

There was a neighborhood I visited with my dad in 1998. I suspect it was Iyaganku. I was blown away.
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by UncleAyo: 10:48pm On Jul 17, 2023
Ibadan
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by Iykoto86(m): 11:06pm On Jul 17, 2023
UncleAyo:
Facts About Ibadan

Ibadan is the third Largest city in Africa after Cairo and Johannesburg.

Ibadan is the third most Populous city in Nigeria
after Kano and Lagos

Ibadan is the Home of Nigeria Army 2nd Division

Ibadan City alone has a population of 3,720,643
people (2006 census), with this more populous than States like, Enugu, Gombe, Osun, Cross-River, Sokoto, Ondo, Kebbi, Edo, Benue, Bayelsa, Abia, Kwara, Adamawa, Ebonyi, Kogi, Nasarawa, Taraba, Pleatue, Ekiti, Yobe and Zamfara (2006 census)

Ibadan has 11 recognised Local Government Area
with an Average of 338,462 people per L.G.A as against 150,000 people per L.G.A of Fed constitution recommendation, the Nigerian Constitution stipulate 14 L.G.A for provision to create a state

Ibadan North” L. G. A. is one of the first four most populated L.G.A in Nigeria with 856,988 people and Oluyole 734,377 people (2006 census)

Ibadan has 5 metropolitan L.G.A namely Ibadan
North, Ibadan North-West, Ibadan North-East, Ibadan South-West and Ibadan South-East

Ibadan has 6 Urban L.G.A namely Egbeda, Oluyole, Ona-Ara, Lagelu, Akinyele and Iddo

Ibadan has its oldest L.G.A as Oluyole L.G.A and Lagelu L.G.A

Ibadan is the Capital of Western Colonial
Administration 1893 and also Western Region since 1939, Ibadan operates the most orderly and peaceful monarchy system anywhere in the whole universe.

Ibadan hosts the very first University in Nigeria and the first and the best Zoological Garden nationwide (in the University of Ibadan campus).

Ibadan cover a total Area of 3,186 sq. km (1,195sq miles) close to the whole of Lagos State 3,348 sq.
km

Ibadan has 7 Federal Constituencies as against
constitution stipulation of 6 to create a state

Ibadan puts Oyo State as the 4th largest economy in Nigeria. Ibadan is Nigeria’s 3rd cheapest city to live.

Ibadan has a Federal Airport (Alakia), boarding
passengers to cities like Kano, Lagos, Abuja, Benin,Port Harcourt etc.

Ibadan has 4 Government Reservation Areas (GRA, as we call them) – Iyaganku, Jericho, Onireke, and Agodi.

Ibadan hosted the first Housing Corporation in
Nigeria that built the first housing estate in Nigeria, Bodija Housing Estate.

Ibadan has the oldest Surviving Newspaper in
Nigeria (Tribune Newspaper)

Ibadan hosts the first TV station in the whole of Africa 1959 as WRBC, later WNTV/WNBS and now NTA Ibadan

Ibadan has 7 Television stations (Galaxy as the first private station in Nigeria 1996, NTA, AIT, MiTV, because, Channels Ibadan and Silverbird Ibadan).

Ibadan has a whopping 25 Radio stations operating in the same city; namely Fresh FM, Splash FM, Inspiration, Agidigbo FM, Premier FM, Oluyole FM, Lagelu FM, Star FM, Space FM, Diamond/UI FM, Naija FM, Radio Nigeria, Amuludun FM etc.

Ibadan hosts Mapo Hall, one of only 2 Town Halls in Africa of Greco-Roman architectural style.

Ibadan’s house-numbering, system for postal delivery using the cardinal points, N, S, E, W, SW,SE, NW, and NE is the only one of such postal codes in Africa, designed by the British.

Ibadan has the Bower Tower, designed by British Colonial Officer Taffy (also designed the Mapo Hall) is the only structure of its kind in Nigeria and West Africa, located on top of the city in the Agala Forest.

Ibadan hosted the first fruit canning factory in
Nigeria, Lafia Canning Company, established and
owned by the Western Nigeria Development Corporation, and supplied by the citrus and pineapple farm of Apoje, near Ijebu Igbo (in present day Ogun State).

Ibadan consists of several almost-independent, self-sustaining big communities:
• The City itself
• University of Ibadan campus
• The Ibadan Polytechnic campus.
• The University College Hospital (UCN) community.
• The Moor Plantation Community, including the
IAR&T campus.
• The IITA community
• CRIN community
• The Nigerian Railway compound and living quarters
• The Odogbo Barracks community of the Nigerian
Army
• The Lead City University campus
• The religious communities of Immanuel College and the Dominican Community.

Ibadan is the only city in Nigeria that has over 15
Federal Tertiary Institutions/Research Institutes,
namely:

University of Ibadan, formerly University College,
Ibadan,1948 (Nigeria’s Premier University).
Nigeria Institute for Social and Economic
Research, (NISER)
Institute for Agricultural Research and Training
(I.A.R &T) Moor Plantation
National Institute of Horticulture Research and
Training (NIHORT)
National Cereal Research Institute (NCRI) 1978
National Root Crop Research Institute (NRCRI)
Forestry Research Institute of Nigeria (FRIN)
University College Hospital (UCH) 1948, including School of Nursing.
Federal School of Statistics 10. Federal School of Hygiene
Federal Co-operative College
Federal College of Agriculture,1921
Federal College of Animal Health and Production Technology
Federal College of Forestry .
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, IITA (an international/global Institute)
Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria (CRIN)1976
National Institute of Science Laboratory
Technology (NISCLT)
Ibadan Polytechnic (owned by Oyo State) but started as the National College of Science and
Technology
Ibadan has several private higher institutions of learning such as:
• Immanuel College of Theology
• Lead City University • Ibadan City Polytechnic
• BOLMOL Polytechnic
• Dominican University
• Tower Polytechnic
• All-Ibadan College of Education
• Mufu Lanihun College of Education *Ibadan has the Largest Supermarket in Africa (Shoprite Ibadan Ring-Road branch).

Ibadan has the first stadium and International
Stadium in Nigeria (1945) the Liberty Stadium (now Obafemi Awolowo Stadium) with 35,846 capacity.

Ibadan is the home of Book Publishers, having over major 20 printing companies i.e. Oxford University Press, Ibadan University Press, Heinemann, Evans,
Spectrum, Bounty, Odua Press, Macmillan etc.

Ibadan hosts the Regional Headquarter of Central
Bank Of Nigeria, Dugbe, under which states like
Ondo,Delta, Ogun, Kogi,Edo Ekiti, Ilorin, and Oyo operate.

Ibadan to Oyo is the first motorable road in Nigeria
1905 built by Sir Percy Girouard.

The busiest road in Nigeria after Lagos-Abeokuta
expressway is Lagos-Ibadan followed by Abuja-
Kaduna express road.

An Ibadan man, Mr Taiwo Akinkumi designed Nigeria Nation Flag (1959).

Ibadan has the first tallest building in Africa, “Cocoa
House” 1952.

Ibadan hosts the first set of Secondary schools in
Nigeria.
• St. Anne’s School, Molete 1868,
• Ibadan Grammar School, Molete, 1913,
• Ibadan Boys High School, 1938,
• Government College, Apata, Ibadan 1927,
• Queen School, Apata, Ibadan 1956,
• St Patrick Grammar School 1962, • Ibadan City Academy, Eleta, 1946,
• Wesley College, Elekuro, (a teacher training college)1905,
• St. Theresa’s Girl School, Oke-Ado, 1932,
• Yejide Girls Grammar School, Kudeti, 1956,
• Loyola College, Agodi,1954, • Lagelu Grammar School, Agugu,1958
• Igbo Elerin Grammar School, via Ibadan, 1957.

Ibadan is the city with the highest number of
Professors in the whole of Africa.

Ibadan is the fastest growing city in Nigeria (NBS).

https://oyoaffairs.net/40-facts-about-ibadan-youll-want-to-share-with-everyone/
Tribalistic set of people.records have it that igbos are the only tribe in nigeria with investment in every part of the country.we know better now...sophisticated morrons.tell that to the likes of adenuga.
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by Iykoto86(m): 11:10pm On Jul 17, 2023
fman:
this guy!!
We Tiv Nation defeated your master "the caliphate" and also developed the entire south west and south East!!
Check my signature...

TIV Nation
The most advanced tribe in Nigeria.
kphehe man developed SE? no just find who no send you.
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by UncleAyo: 3:29am On Jul 18, 2023
Our Ibadan
Re: Relocate To This City If You'r Rich, Educated, Want To Start A Business / Family by UncleAyo: 4:27am On Jul 18, 2023
Yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Finding Common Ground: Role Of Trade Unions And FG In Fuel Subsidy Removal / Nigeria: IHRC Cautiously Welcomes Inquiry Findings Into Nigeria Massacre / NASS Workers Strike Threatens 2019 Budget Presentation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.