Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,103 members, 7,835,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Instructions For Spouses - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Instructions For Spouses (400 Views)

Why Allah Give Us Spouses To Marry / Imagining Intercourse Between Spouses / Spouses Inheritance Under Quranic Legislation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Instructions For Spouses by Bintdawood(f): 12:24pm On Dec 21, 2022
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

� QUESTION:

*�Can you give advice to a married couple knowing that marital problems, including divorce, have become commonplace in the homes of those who adhere to the Sunnah and have even become erratic?*

� ANSWER:

We advise married couples to help each other in piety and fear of God, and also to be well-behaved. Satan seeks to separate the husband from his wife; in one of the authentic hadiths it is transmitted: “Shaitan sends his children [his army] so that they quarrel among themselves people. And when one of them says: “I was with him [i.e. urged] until he divorced his wife.” Then the shaitan says to him, [praising him]: "You, you!" [those. it was you who did what was required.] And in another hadith it is transmitted: “I was with him [i.e. told him] until he killed.” Then the shaitan says to him (praising him): "You, you!"

A man must treat his wife kindly. In the hadith it is transmitted: “I order you to treat women well; they work for you”—i.e. like prisoners, and yet the Lord says in His noble Scripture:

﴿ تنسوا الفضل بينكم ﴾
“And do not forget (to show) generosity (and good deeds) among yourselves [to be indulgent and forgiving]” (Al-Baqarah, 237)

Woman is a weak creature; Once the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to an Ethiopian who was singing to a camel, encouraging the animal: “Be gentle with women!” - referring to women riding camels, and fast riding can lead to a fall from a camel. A woman is like glass, she must be treated kindly. The Almighty says in a noble scripture:

“Among His signs is that He created wives out of yourselves for you, so that you find rest in them, and established between you love and mercy.” (Ar-Rum, 21).

Allah Almighty also says:

“He is the One who created you from one person. He created a spouse out of him so that he would find peace in her. (Al-A'raf, 189)

In turn, the woman should fear the punishment of Allah because of her husband; he goes to work, spends the whole day there, and when he comes to her she reprimands him for the small and for the great. No, she must be a great helper for him, like Khadijah, who said when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to her frightened from seeing Jibril for the first time and from the fact that he squeezed him, thinking that he was a shaitan or similar to it: “No! I swear by Allah! He will not disgrace you, because you maintain family ties, dress the poor! A woman should be afraid of the punishment of Allah because of her husband, endure him; after some time they will have children and they will be busy with them!

If a Sunni Muslim marries and divorces, marries and divorces, then perhaps this will cause women to be afraid to adhere to the Sunnah. Our Lord is the One Who unites the hearts of spouses, so one should occupy oneself with worship and [sharia] knowledge [rather than looking for each other's faults]. And Allah is the One from Whom they ask for help.

Sheikh Muqbil ibn Hadi al-Wadiyi
From the entry: "Asilyatu Ummi Yasser al-Faransiyya"

1 Like

Re: Instructions For Spouses by Raheeqilmaktoom: 5:25pm On Dec 21, 2022
Bintdawood:

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

� QUESTION:

*�Can you give advice to a married couple knowing that marital problems, including divorce, have become commonplace in the homes of those who adhere to the Sunnah and have even become erratic?*

� ANSWER:

We advise married couples to help each other in piety and fear of God, and also to be well-behaved. Satan seeks to separate the husband from his wife; in one of the authentic hadiths it is transmitted: “Shaitan sends his children [his army] so that they quarrel among themselves people. And when one of them says: “I was with him [i.e. urged] until he divorced his wife.” Then the shaitan says to him, [praising him]: "You, you!" [those. it was you who did what was required.] And in another hadith it is transmitted: “I was with him [i.e. told him] until he killed.” Then the shaitan says to him (praising him): "You, you!"

A man must treat his wife kindly. In the hadith it is transmitted: “I order you to treat women well; they work for you”—i.e. like prisoners, and yet the Lord says in His noble Scripture:

﴿ تنسوا الفضل بينكم ﴾
“And do not forget (to show) generosity (and good deeds) among yourselves [to be indulgent and forgiving]” (Al-Baqarah, 237)

Woman is a weak creature; Once the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to an Ethiopian who was singing to a camel, encouraging the animal: “Be gentle with women!” - referring to women riding camels, and fast riding can lead to a fall from a camel. A woman is like glass, she must be treated kindly. The Almighty says in a noble scripture:

“Among His signs is that He created wives out of yourselves for you, so that you find rest in them, and established between you love and mercy.” (Ar-Rum, 21).

Allah Almighty also says:

“He is the One who created you from one person. He created a spouse out of him so that he would find peace in her. (Al-A'raf, 189)

In turn, the woman should fear the punishment of Allah because of her husband; he goes to work, spends the whole day there, and when he comes to her she reprimands him for the small and for the great. No, she must be a great helper for him, like Khadijah, who said when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to her frightened from seeing Jibril for the first time and from the fact that he squeezed him, thinking that he was a shaitan or similar to it: “No! I swear by Allah! He will not disgrace you, because you maintain family ties, dress the poor! A woman should be afraid of the punishment of Allah because of her husband, endure him; after some time they will have children and they will be busy with them!

If a Sunni Muslim marries and divorces, marries and divorces, then perhaps this will cause women to be afraid to adhere to the Sunnah. Our Lord is the One Who unites the hearts of spouses, so one should occupy oneself with worship and [sharia] knowledge [rather than looking for each other's faults]. And Allah is the One from Whom they ask for help.

Sheikh Muqbil ibn Hadi al-Wadiyi
From the entry: "Asilyatu Ummi Yasser al-Faransiyya"

Masha Allah, jazakillah. Meanwhile, are these posts originally in English or you translated them?

1 Like

Re: Instructions For Spouses by Bintdawood(f): 6:31pm On Dec 21, 2022
Raheeqilmaktoom:

Masha Allah, jazakillah. Meanwhile, are these posts originally in English or you translated them?

Wa iyyaak amin!
Idk tbvh. No am not.
Twas sent to our WhatsApp group, so i decided to share it here
Re: Instructions For Spouses by oxiide22(m): 4:46pm On Dec 22, 2022
Bintdawood:

Wa iyyaak amin!
Idk tbvh. No am not.
Twas sent to our WhatsApp group, so i decided to share it here
kina burgeni fa inason mace me ilmi da addini

1 Like

Re: Instructions For Spouses by Bintdawood(f): 4:49pm On Dec 22, 2022
oxiide22:
kina burgeni fa inason mace me ilmi da addini

Nagode. Allah Ya bamu ilimi me amfani
Re: Instructions For Spouses by oxiide22(m): 4:53pm On Dec 22, 2022
Bintdawood:

amin yahayyu ya qayyum

1 Like

Re: Instructions For Spouses by oxiide22(m): 5:04pm On Dec 22, 2022
Bintdawood:

amma ni fa asalina dan Gombe ne

1 Like

Re: Instructions For Spouses by Bintdawood(f): 8:09pm On Dec 22, 2022
oxiide22:
amma ni fa asalina dan Gombe ne

Madallah.
Na taba zuwa, amma ranan da naje na dawo.
Cleanliness i must say smiley
Re: Instructions For Spouses by oxiide22(m): 9:57pm On Dec 22, 2022
Bintdawood:

Madallah.
Na taba zuwa, amma ranan da naje na dawo.
Cleanliness i must say smiley
ikon Allah amma meyasa baki kwanaba? Tundaga kano kizo Gombe yini dai kawai. Dan so kisake zuwa wataran

1 Like

Re: Instructions For Spouses by Shidda: 7:16am On Dec 23, 2022
[quote author=Raheeqilmaktoom post=119328032]

Masha Allah, jazakillah. Meanwhile, are these posts originally in English or you translated them? [/quote

The original is arabic, sheik Muqbil may Allah have mercy on him spoke only arabic, to the best of my knowledge. He had students from all over the world, so translation won't be a problem.

If you like his writings, his daughter wrote a very interesting book 'Advice to the women', highly recommend it, if you're interested. i was amazed at her writing and depth of knowledge, not to mention her humility, and am a man.

1 Like

Re: Instructions For Spouses by Bintdawood(f): 9:32am On Dec 23, 2022
oxiide22:
ikon Allah amma meyasa baki kwanaba? Tundaga kano kizo Gombe yini dai kawai. Dan so kisake zuwa wataran

I will, someday in sha Allah

1 Like

Re: Instructions For Spouses by Bintdawood(f): 9:34am On Dec 23, 2022
[quote author=Shidda post=119364871][/quote]

Jazakallah khayr
Re: Instructions For Spouses by oxiide22(m): 9:55am On Dec 23, 2022
Bintdawood:

I will, someday in sha Allah
yawwa good girl

(1) (Reply)

Stop Glorifying Bf/gf Relationships. / Jesus Is Not God At Any Corner Of Sense ! / We Sell Pure Arabian Perfume Oil In 500ml& 350ml..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.