Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,384 members, 7,815,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Times Man Made Errors Caused Deaths - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Times Man Made Errors Caused Deaths (1228 Views)

Photos Of Choice Christopher, New Delta Poly SUG President That Caused Uproar / Human And Technical Errors Caused Fresh Delay In Launch Of James Webb Telescope / 20 Of The Most Common Grammatical Errors We All Need To Stop Making (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Times Man Made Errors Caused Deaths by TheSourcerer: 1:48pm On Dec 21, 2022
Humans a complicated creative and destructive specie , here are 10 times Mans Mistakes caused massive massive destruction to innocents lives including children (everything divinely happens for a reason pfft )

Seveso disaster — 1976

A cloud containing a kilogram of TCDD, a carcinogenic byproduct of the trichlorophenol used to produce hand soaps, leaked from a chemical plant in Meda, Italy, in 1976, settling over the towns of Meda and Seveso.

Over 700 people were evacuated and 77,000 animals were killed as a precaution to prevent chemicals from poisoning the food chain. Many children in the area developed chloracne, a skin condition caused by overexposure to halogenated aromatic compounds often reported by military veterans.

On Saturday, 10 July 1976 at 12:37 PM, a chemical reactor exploded at the ICMESA plant located in Meda near Seveso, Italy (25 km north of Milan)
The plant was manufacturing 2,4,5-trichlorophenol, an intermediary for cosmetics and pharmaceuticals. A runaway chemical reaction resulted in the release of an aerosol cloud that included sodium hydroxide, ethylene glycol, sodium trichlorophenate, and an estimated 15 to 30 kg of TCDD over an 18-km2 area (di Domenicoet al. 1980). Area residents in the path of the aerosol cloud developed nausea, headaches, eye irritation, and 19 children were admitted to the local hospitals with skin lesions (Signoriniet al. 2000). In the ensuing weeks, the area experienced high animal and plant mortality, and nearly 200 cases of chloracne were reported among residents, mostly among children .

On 25 July, a multipronged study was launched under the sponsorship of the Regione Lombardia Italy. The bioclinical investigations team from the Hospital of Desio collected blood specimens from thousands of residents for immediate clinical chemistry tests. The researchers stored remaining serum for future analyses. Individuals who provided blood samples were followed up regularly until 1982 and periodically thereafter.

Re: Times Man Made Errors Caused Deaths by Blake755: 5:57pm On Dec 21, 2022
Make I grab sit cool cool
Re: Times Man Made Errors Caused Deaths by TheEnygma(m): 8:26pm On Dec 21, 2022
I don bring pop corn and Coke...

Oya make e start
Re: Times Man Made Errors Caused Deaths by 99thEnemy(m): 8:47pm On Dec 21, 2022
TheEnygma:
I don bring pop corn and Coke...

Oya make e start
Sitting behind you
Re: Times Man Made Errors Caused Deaths by Gadafii: 5:51am On Dec 22, 2022
I expect the nuclear disaster of Chernobyl in Pripyat to be amongst the top 3 in this list
Re: Times Man Made Errors Caused Deaths by Starboytwo(m): 6:09am On Dec 22, 2022
Faya Ron sir.
Re: Times Man Made Errors Caused Deaths by PhenomenalAustin: 6:36am On Dec 22, 2022
TheSourcerer, please tag me when done!!

Danken!
Re: Times Man Made Errors Caused Deaths by Novemberaura(m): 7:50am On Dec 22, 2022
Tag me mbok
Re: Times Man Made Errors Caused Deaths by TheSourcerer: 10:34am On Dec 22, 2022
PhenomenalAustin:
TheSourcerer, please tag me when done!!

Danken!
yes sure will ,Good Morning Phenomenal
Re: Times Man Made Errors Caused Deaths by Chaos14: 8:45pm On Dec 22, 2022
TheSourcerer:
yes sure will ,Good Morning Phenomenal
Please tag me too sir

1 Like

Re: Times Man Made Errors Caused Deaths by PhenomenalAustin: 4:50pm On Dec 31, 2022
TheSourcerer, what's up with this thread? Been waiting ages, man.

You good?
Re: Times Man Made Errors Caused Deaths by TheSourcerer: 6:00pm On Dec 31, 2022
PhenomenalAustin:
TheSourcerer, what's up with this thread? Been waiting ages, man.

You good?
yeah its a new year thread smiley

(1) (Reply)

A Black Woman Subjected To Human Sexual Trafficking: Sara Baartman / Will Chelsea Win D Match 2day Against Everton / Waec And Neco Late Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.