Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? (1379 Views)

Melania Trump Pulls Her Hand Away From Donald Trump's As They Step Off Air Force / Millions Of Locusts Attack India, Residential Areas Turning Sky Black (Photos) / The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by Horus(m): 1:54pm On Dec 21, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfLxnIqi4Uc

Why is Africa turning away from the United States?

Officials in the United States look upon Africans as people “in need of help” or people who “need to be told what to do”, and this is destroying relations between Africa and Washington, according to the former African Union representative to the US, Arikana Chihombori-Quao.

“The US needs to call a timeout and treat Africans with respect,” Chihombori told host Steve Clemons, adding that the US-Africa Leaders Summit hosted by the White House this week “will fail unless Americans see Africans as equals". Chihombori-Quao argues that pan-African unity is the only path for the continent to be less dependent on outside powers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by Kingsnairaland(m): 1:59pm On Dec 21, 2022
Evil imf policy.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by God1000(m): 2:04pm On Dec 21, 2022
I think I agree with the AU official on this, US needs to overhaul its diplomatic relations with Africa.

Biden himself needs to visit African countries as he has done in other parts of the world

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by panafrican(m): 3:50pm On Dec 21, 2022
God1000:
I think I agree with the AU official on this, US needs to overhaul its diplomatic relations with Africa.

Biden himself needs to visit African countries as he has done in other parts of the world
We cannot blame Biden, the guy is a human being just anyone with common sense. He visited Europe because this is where his ancestors came from, this despite the fact that European-Americans do not get really alone with those who stead in Europe.
The most powerful Jews in America are working on behalf of Israel
The mots powerful Arabs are working to push for the interest of the middle East
Powerful European-America worked hard to rebuild Europe after WW2 , (see Marshal Plan),
What do you see with the so-called "African- Americans"? Too many of them despise Africans the most .
They prefer Latinos and other people to Africans.
Where did Condoleeza go first when she was appointed as secretary of State? France .
When did Barack Obama come to Africa ? During his second term ( or at least three years after taking office ).
Who was spying on Lumumba in the Congo in the 1960s ? Do some research.

If there is a continent to nuke and African-Americans are asked which one, you bet an overwhelming number will say AFRICA.
Those strongly believe that we sold them. They are extremely bitter against African immigrants.
They will even discourage White people from doing any good thing here.
Fortunately, other markets such as China , India, Russia etc. offer opportunities to us and we can forget about
America.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by God1000(m): 3:52pm On Dec 21, 2022
panafrican:

We cannot blame Biden, the guy is a human being just anyone with common sense. He visited Europe because this is where his ancestors came from, this despite the fact that European-Americans do not get really alone with those who stead in Europe.
Powerful European-America worked hard to rebuild Europe after WW2 , (see Marshal Plan),
What do you see with the so-called "African- Americans"? Too many of them despise Africans the most .
Where did Condoleeza go first when she was appointed as secretary of State? France .
When did Barack Obama come to Africa ? During his second term ( or at least three years after taking office ).

If there is a continent to nuke and African-Americans are asked which one, you bet an overwhelming number will say AFRICA.
Those strongly believe that we sold them. They are extremely bitter against African immigrants.
Fortunately, other markets such as China , India, Russia etc. offer opportunities to us and we can forget about
America.

You are right, the problem of black man is black man himself

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by pansophist(m): 12:11am On Dec 22, 2022
It's not just Africa that is turning away from the US, but most of the underdeveloped world especially in the global south. The Saudis just gave the US the middle finger recently, and even the EU a few days ago were complaining about the overlord behavior of the US and the potential de-industrialization of Europe.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by Regex: 12:13am On Dec 22, 2022
pansophist:
It's not just Africa that is turning away from the US, but most of the underdeveloped world especially in the global south. The Saudis just gave the US the middle finger recently, and even the EU a few days ago were complaining about the overlord behavior of the US and the potential de-industrialization of Europe.

EU go soon get sense, starting from France.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by pansophist(m): 12:24am On Dec 22, 2022
Regex:

EU go soon get sense, starting from France.

Yes, France is the sore thumb, and for good reason. France is the only NATO country that told the US to close all its military bases and get out of France, refused to be a part of NATINADS, and when the US refused to pack out of France, France threatened to leave Nato, then the US succumb and left. France is the only major power that doesn't have a US military base in its territory.

And I think the Anglo-Saxons haven't forgiven France for that. Also, how they backstabbed France a few years ago with the snatching of the 90 billion USD contracts with Australia was an example of that. France is an empire state, and its relationship with the US is like that of a lion and a tiger. Mutual respect, but if you enter my territory, we will fight.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by Regex: 4:33am On Dec 22, 2022
pansophist:

Yes, France is the sore thumb, and for good reason. France is the only NATO country that told the US to close all its military bases and get out of France, refused to be a part of NATINADS, and when the US refused, France threatened to leave Nato, then the US succumb and left. France is the only major power that doesn't have a US military base in its territory.

And I think the Anglo-Saxons haven't forgiven France for that. Also, how they backstabbed France a few years ago with the snatching of the 90 billion USD contracts with Australia was an example of that. France is an empire state, and its relationship with the US is like that of a lion and a tiger. Mutual respect, but if you enter my territory, we will fight.

I think the reason for that was during world war 2, France did not participate in it. It surrendered before it was even hit. They still get taunted by it even in UK, but that was a smart major move that made it stand up to US like it did.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by Gerrard59(m): 4:39am On Dec 22, 2022
https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2022/dec/16/nobel-prize-winner-criticises-western-neglect-and-urges-action-over-drc-violence

The Nobel peace laureate criticised western leaders for siding with Paul Kagame in the perennial conflict in Eastern DRC. In his words (paraphrased), he asked: why don't western leaders ensure the people of the DRC enjoy their natural resources like those in Australia, Chile and Indonesia? Reading those words, I felt his pain, anger and disgust. Although I have not read the book, but wetin oyibos, especially Belgians did to Congolese no good (https://www.amazon.com/King-Leopolds-Ghost-Heroism-Colonial/dp/0618001905). Almost similar to if not worse than what the Germans did to Namibians (The Kaiser's Holocaust: Germany's Forgotten Genocide and the Colonial Roots of Nazism ) in the 19th to 20 centuries.
pansophist:

Yes, France is the sore thumb, and for good reason. France is the only NATO country that told the US to close all its military bases and get out of France, refused to be a part of NATINADS, and when the US refused, France threatened to leave Nato, then the US succumb and left. France is the only major power that doesn't have a US military base in its territory.

Even though we don scuffle before, I really appreciate your eye-opening posts about western hegemony. From my observations so far, the world is a brutal place and people should strive to play to their strengths and gather allies. While it might seem that oyibos are trying to recompense for their atrocities through diversity and inclusion initiatives, I don't think the Arabs (Trans-Saharan slave trade) or Chinese (Covid discrimination against black Africans) would be any different. The koko is to play according to one's strength and negotiate very well. Unfortunately, our elites aren't learning such. Make I no lie, black Africans na boy boy for this world. Turkey-African summit, China-African summit, Japan-African meeting, US-African symposium, France-African discussion, India-African discourse, UK-African meeting, Germany-African meeting etc. Whenever a country calls the continent, everyone go pack kaya heading to the country's capital. Wetin pain me na that thespian wey call himself Volodymyr Zelenskyy instructing African countries to vote against Russia. I kinda like what some did by abstaining or voting for Russia. People should not forget history, at least quickly.

Another thing black Africans need to do is to stop doing attache. I witnessed this during the World Cup by saying they would not support Morocco because the team said they were doing it for the Arab World. I no understand the "you must like me by-force" by most black people. If person no like you, snub the person. Do as if the person never existed. BTW sef, Moroccans are unfortunately located in Africa but are culturally, religiously, and ethnically Arabs. So when blacks dey do "oh no, you are African, it is by-fore, by-force", it sounds like beggi-beggi. The same also applies to African Americans. If they show signs that they don't like your presence, as a black African, do as if they never existed. And to be honest, their experiences differ from ours. Even Somalis and Sudanese, as unfortunate as their conditions are, they don't see themselves as blacks but Arabs. I have seen one here, she no give me face, me? I do as if she did not pass. However, I have come across black Africans who give face, and I do the same in return. Dem no dey dash person respect, you have to earn it. Everyone must not like you. In fact, if everyone likes you, it shows there is a problem.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by Gerrard59(m): 4:56am On Dec 22, 2022
panafrican:

What do you see with the so-called "African- Americans"? Too many of them despise Africans the most

America.

The only way to have Africa-Americans respect not like us (it is not a must they must like us) is for black Africa to be very prosperous. If Nigeria is as rich as Germany, Kenya as South Korea, South Africa as rich as Brazil, DRC as Australia, Ghana as Chile, Gabon and other smaller countries like Spain, Portugal, Singapore, Norway etc, there is no way they won't want to associate with us. An instance is the music industry. During the 2000s, na we dey do begi-begi to play their songs or feature them. Today, due to our exploits, they are the ones trying to associate with us and doing gum-body. Our music has gone beyond borders, and our musicians are controlling crowds. Quite unfortunate what happened to Asake's concert in London, but when I read that close to 5K people were within the premises, I was stunned and impressed. It shows our music industry is powerful. The same crowds thronged when Davido, Wizkid and Burna Boy held concerts. Even Naira Marley had a full house. I follow some Afro-concert organisers in Europe and North America, the unifying aspect of all events they organise is that Nigerian musicians dominate the scenes. It has gotten to the extent that apart from the US, many non-blacks don't give a hoot about African Americans' songs except for niche areas like Jazz and Rap and to the widely popular musicians. When our musicians control crowds in East and South East Asia, then trust me, it is finished. It is the reason Nigeria should revamp its visa policies. Offer visa access to Chinese, Koreans, Singaporeans, Japanese, Malaysians and even Emiratis. Basically, offer visa free access to citizens of countries with at least $30K GDP per capita, subject to population figures

If the same growth of our music industry and very soon the movie industry applies to economies of sub-Saharan Africa, I bet you, the average Kenyan will rather look up to Nigeria for decisions affecting black people globally rather than African Americans. Wealth is power and success has many friends. No one disrespects a rich person.

https://www.nairaland.com/5886610/racism-against-blacks-reduce-drastically

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by Raheeqilmaktoom: 8:22am On Dec 22, 2022
pansophist:

Everyone is tired of the dictator.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by pansophist(m): 9:41am On Dec 22, 2022
Gerrard59:
https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2022/dec/16/nobel-prize-winner-criticises-western-neglect-and-urges-action-over-drc-violence

The Nobel peace laureate criticised western leaders for siding with Paul Kagame in the perennial conflict in Eastern DRC. In his words (paraphrased), he asked: why don't western leaders ensure the people of the DRC enjoy their natural resources like those in Australia, Chile and Indonesia? Reading those words, I felt his pain, anger and disgust. Although I have not read the book, but wetin oyibos, especially Belgians did to Congolese no good (https://www.amazon.com/King-Leopolds-Ghost-Heroism-Colonial/dp/0618001905). Almost similar to if not worse than what the Germans did to Namibians (The Kaiser's Holocaust: Germany's Forgotten Genocide and the Colonial Roots of Nazism ) in the 19th to 20 centuries.

Even though we don scuffle before, I really appreciate your eye-opening posts about western hegemony. From my observations so far, the world is a brutal place and people should strive to play to their strengths and gather allies. While it might seem that oyibos are trying to recompense for their atrocities through diversity and inclusion initiatives, I don't think the Arabs (Trans-Saharan slave trade) or Chinese (Covid discrimination against black Africans) would be any different. The koko is to play according to one's strength and negotiate very well. Unfortunately, our elites aren't learning such. Make I no lie, black Africans na boy boy for this world. Turkey-African summit, China-African summit, Japan-African meeting, US-African symposium, France-African discussion, India-African discourse, UK-African meeting, Germany-African meeting etc. Whenever a country calls the continent, everyone go pack kaya heading to the country's capital. Wetin pain me na that thespian wey call himself Volodymyr Zelenskyy instructing African countries to vote against Russia. I kinda like what some did by abstaining or voting for Russia. People should not forget history, at least quickly.

Another thing black Africans need to do is to stop doing attache. I witnessed this during the World Cup by saying they would not support Morocco because the team said they were doing it for the Arab World. I no understand the "you must like me by-force" by most black people. If person no like you, snub the person. Do as if the person never existed. BTW sef, Moroccans are unfortunately located in Africa but are culturally, religiously, and ethnically Arabs. So when blacks dey do "oh no, you are African, it is by-fore, by-force", it sounds like beggi-beggi. The same also applies to African Americans. If they show signs that they don't like your presence, as a black African, do as if they never existed. And to be honest, their experiences differ from ours. Even Somalis and Sudanese, as unfortunate as their conditions are, they don't see themselves as blacks but Arabs. I have seen one here, she no give me face, me? I do as if she did not pass. However, I have come across black Africans who give face, and I do the same in return. Dem no dey dash person respect, you have to earn it. Everyone must not like you. In fact, if everyone likes you, it shows there is a problem.

The rule of the game is always the same. It can be applied at an individual level, or a national level and the rule is, ''never ever put yourself in a weak position''. Nobody respects the weak. The weak are not negotiated equally with but dictated to, will be the ones to compromise and have the short end of the stick, and will exist in the image of how others want, not how they truly want.

I agree with you. All these summits upon summits from different powers make me ashamed. Russia, China, and the US are all creating summits, and African leaders will fly off to these countries shamelessly. For some invitations, you just don't go, since it's dishonorable by default. I know one thing for sure, and it is that Africa will have to do the painful work of lifting itself out of this sad state, nobody will do it for us.

Template abounds, from how China lifted a population x4 of Nigeria out of poverty just within twenty years, and now, they are respected globally. This is why I always write here that people (and countries as well) should be strong. Rely on yourself, do the work necessary, and work extremely hard, because only then you can sit at the table with other equals.

If we run away from the work, we just make tomorrow harder, and the price to pay is just too much, it is unbearable. Future generations will come to suffer from our negligence, just as we are suffering now from the negligence of our parents who thought they fought off colonialism, but actually replaced it with something worse, which is imperialism.

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by panafrican(m): 12:18am On Dec 23, 2022
RestructureNig4:

This Buharis claiming PanAfrican
You're a bigot
cheesy cheesy grin
Did you pay your 2022 taxes to Nigeria ?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by panafrican(m): 5:30am On Dec 23, 2022
RestructureNig4:

Buharist, why should I pay taxes to Nigeria?
Stupid Muhammedian bigot claiming pan Africa

Let's see the list of those who paid their taxes over the past two years

Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 01, 2023
FreddieGray:
Special millitary operation thwarted major attack on Russia

"The plans of the West included the instant capture of the DPR, LPR and Crimea, the extermination of their population" and then "the creation of a major NATO force near the borders of Russia as well as provocations and acts of sabotage in the border regions.

Read about the atrocities and genocide meted out on the indigenous people of Canada

Moscow could not but react to what was happening in Ukraine "after the 2014 coup d'etat, specifically to the atrocities of Kiev’s neo-Nazi regime, which staged the genocide of the Russian-speaking population." (Mostly Ukrainians in the Donbass republics. Following a referendum, these territories and thier inhabitants were integrated into Russia).

Pre-planned full-scale hostilities on Russian territory did not start thanks to the special military operation

The United States has long been creating a springboard in Ukraine for delivering strikes against Russia, "and today Washington no longer shies away from admitting this."

"The events in Ukraine prove Washington's plans to prevent the emergence of a multipolar world through confrontation with our country. To this end, the West has turned Ukraine into a hotbed of tension that poses a military threat to Russia.

May I draw your attention to confessions by the former leaders of Ukraine, France and Germany - Pyotr Poroshenko, Francois Hollande and Angela Merkel - to the effect that the Minsk agreements were needed only to let Ukraine build up military muscle and create an anti-Russian coalition.

Historical facts confirm that Russia has repeatedly led the charge in the fight between good and evil, and for centuries has liberated peoples of the world from oppression.

Today Russia is defending truth, justice, moral principles and spiritual values from desecration.

I personally don't care about the spiritual aspect.
I'm not spiritual but homosexuality, pedophilia and those sorts are disgusting.
The normalization of these activities in the West is apparently due to moral depravity and mental dereliction.

Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by orisa37: 6:13am On Feb 02, 2023
US IS FUMBLING WITH TALIBAN AND MACBAN. AND WHEN NIGERIA IS INVOLVED, TROUBLE STARTS.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by Jamesmatic(m): 6:25am On Feb 02, 2023
Africa is in China's pockets the early proud west know this, Where was America when China came they offer loans to build critical infrastructure and you want to compare that to America that only know how to manipulate? China brought trains and technology but the Yankees brought nothing. Sometimes I look around Africa and I see no American footprint no technology to boost Africa and now after Russia has exposed how artificial they look they quickly jump to hold a summit. Lately, you see the influence of Russia growing in Africa recently Burkina Faso expel the French and invited Russia and this is a serious threat to Americans. They hate to see Africa grow with the ability of China and Russia and sadly it has come to stay. Africa will remain loyal to China because they are fair they always want to bring something to the table unlike the west Bleep them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by Kingsnairaland(m): 6:37am On Feb 02, 2023
Jamesmatic:
Africa is in China's pockets the early proud west know this, Where was America when China came they offer loans to build critical infrastructure and you want to compare that to America that only know how to manipulate? China brought trains and technology but the Yankees brought nothing. Sometimes I look around Africa and I see no American footprint no technology to boost Africa and now after Russia has exposed how artificial they look they quickly jump to hold a summit. Lately, you see the influence of Russia growing in Africa recently Burkina Faso expel the French and invited Russia and this is a serious threat to Americans. They hate to see Africa grow with the ability of China and Russia and sadly it has come to stay. Africa will remain loyal to China because they are fair they always want to bring something to the table unlike the west Bleep them.
very correct.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by pol23: 9:44am On Feb 02, 2023
The truth is nobody's helping Africa... It's all a business.
Some are in it to gain affluence over us, so they can direct us around....say US
Some are in it for financial benefits... Say China.
I believe it's a better thing that US sees China and Russia as competitors over Africa's development, it helps Africa to be picky and we can negotiate a better deal...
But all the same, I believe our leaders are not using this power in the right direction...
Example is the Lagos- Ibadan railway loan project... Cost a whopping $1.5bn, the train makes 1.7 million naira daily and uses fuel of 4 million naira daily... That's a daily colossal lost and where are we going to make money to service the loan, when the train losses money on a daily basis.
This is one of the reason why we need a visionary leader.... They could've done a feasibility study before taking such loans…. This is a bad debt… But Buhari and his boys are somewhere taking the glory instead of crying for this massive debt on the nation.

Taking loan isn’t bad, what matter is the value you create from it.
Imagine the $1.5bn is sincerely spent on Agriculture, like a gigantic Silo, an incubator or even Tractor assembly plant.
If you ever travel this country by road, from anywhere to everywhere , you will see massive fertile land not cultivated (while Singapore is spending billions of dollars just have artificial greenhouse) big lakes that can be used for rearing Fish… The whole Niger state is enough to plant rice that can feed West Africa….
There’s hunger in the land and our government are not using this loans well…. It’s sad.
USA bossing is around will be nothing compared to
How Egypt and SA will be deporting us soon.
I was in Egypt 2 years ago, I visited Alexandra and Cairo, you will truly understand Lagos is just a ghetto including Lekki and Ikoyi… Egypt is a dessert ooo.
I’ve heard the same story about South Africa too…
I was in Moscow for Worldcup and then you will see countless parks, built over 100 years ago… This people built parks 100 years ago… parks that will be as big as 20 football pitch and they have countless of it with different design.
Here in Lagos na one park i don see so far, for Ojota, E no even reach half plot of land and it’s barricaded obviously because of area boys.
I understand the whole Lagos mainland has been existence for a while and it will be hard to build park in the already congested place.
I live in Ibeju-Lekki, this area is fast growing up, guess what… there’s no plan for parks, bus stops, rail, waterfront and anything we use to see in modern cities…. It means Lagos just doing the same thing likes of Jakande did over 50 years ago, pa Jakande probably never left the shore of Nigeria as at the time he govern Lagos… here we have 21st century Governor not having a better plan.

US, Russia, China, France and even Cambodia won’t give us a fair chance if we don’t have a good leader that will demand for it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by seunny4lif(m): 1:20pm On Feb 02, 2023
God1000:
You are right, the problem of black man is black man himself
The biggest problem we as black people have faced or facing is caused by our black leaders.
Tell me one nation in the that is been ruled by black man, that’s is really developed in terms of good roads, good transportations, infrastructures etc
None, all the way from Africa continent to North America continent place like Caribbean islands.
Look at South Africa after the blacks took over the economy finally and look at SA airways is now rubbish.
An average black person is too greed, look at Nigeria as a nation , imagine government owning workers salaries of over 2 months and some workers haven’t see 6 months salary yet same leaders will send his/her children to abroad.
One of the reason Africans was easily colonised was due to greed of another Africans.
All those black Africans leaders that have been outspoken against colonialism have been betrayed by fellow Africa people.
If you work with a White person and Black person in this century, you will be happy with a white person than a black person.

Nigeria police have not collected their January salary, imagine people in charged of security have not collected January salary.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by Otobong3374(m): 1:46pm On Feb 02, 2023
[quote author=panafrican post=119325677]

Thank You Brother, You Speak Sense.
Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by Otobong3374(m): 2:12pm On Feb 02, 2023
[quote author=Gerrard59 post=119338814]https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2022/dec/16/nobel-prize-winner-criticises-western-neglect-and-urges-action-over-drc-violence

The Nobel peace laureate criticised western leaders for siding with Paul Kagame in the perennial conflict in Eastern DRC. In his words (paraphrased), he asked: why don't western leaders ensure the people of the DRC enjoy their natural resources like those in Australia, Chile and Indonesia? Reading those words, I felt his pain, anger and disgust. Although I have not read the book, but wetin oyibos, especially Belgians did to Congolese no good (https://www.amazon.com/King-Leopolds-Ghost-Heroism-Colonial/dp/0618001905). ] Sorry, I'm Not Here To Argue With You, Okay? But Let Me Point Out What Is Disturbing African People, Discrimination, Selfish Interest, Selling Of Right, Etc.
Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 02, 2023
FreddieGray:
Special millitary operation thwarted major attack on Russia

"The plans of the West included the instant capture of the DPR, LPR and Crimea, the extermination of their population" and then "the creation of a major NATO force near the borders of Russia as well as provocations and acts of sabotage in the border regions.

Read about the atrocities and genocide meted out on the indigenous people of Canada

Moscow could not but react to what was happening in Ukraine "after the 2014 coup d'etat, specifically to the atrocities of Kiev’s neo-Nazi regime, which staged the genocide of the Russian-speaking population." (Mostly Ukrainians in the Donbass republics. Following a referendum, these territories and thier inhabitants were integrated into Russia).

Pre-planned full-scale hostilities on Russian territory did not start thanks to the special military operation

The United States has long been creating a springboard in Ukraine for delivering strikes against Russia, "and today Washington no longer shies away from admitting this."

"The events in Ukraine prove Washington's plans to prevent the emergence of a multipolar world through confrontation with our country. To this end, the West has turned Ukraine into a hotbed of tension that poses a military threat to Russia.

May I draw your attention to confessions by the former leaders of Ukraine, France and Germany - Pyotr Poroshenko, Francois Hollande and Angela Merkel - to the effect that the Minsk agreements were needed only to let Ukraine build up military muscle and create an anti-Russian coalition.

Historical facts confirm that Russia has repeatedly led the charge in the fight between good and evil, and for centuries has liberated peoples of the world from oppression.

Today Russia is defending truth, justice, moral principles and spiritual values from desecration.

I personally don't care about the spiritual aspect.
I'm not spiritual but homosexuality, pedophilia and those sorts are disgusting.
The normalization of these activities in the West is apparently due to moral depravity and mental dereliction.

Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by Otobong3374(m): 2:37pm On Feb 02, 2023
I Won't Keep On Arguing About Africa Continent Because The Problem Of African Countries Is Not Far From Them. When Europian Leaders Were Busy Building Their Countries African Leaders Were Busy Taking African Funds To Europe Continent, North America Continent, Asia Continent, Etc. But Today Who Is Screaming? Africa. I Will Continue To Say This, Africans Need Brain Examination. Africans, Stop Blaming United State, Okay? America Is Not African Problem. Blame Your Leaders Who Are In Position Of Taking African Funds To Foreign Countries.
Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by Otobong3374(m): 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2023
God1000:

Biden, Can Never Visit Shithole Countries. Are You Talking About Africans With Different Mindset?? African Continent With Billion Of Racists. African Continent With Bad Leaders Who Are About To Die In Power. We American Will Continue To Take Africans As A Racist.
Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by Otobong3374(m): 2:55pm On Feb 02, 2023
panafrican:
cheesy cheesy grin
grin
panafrican:
cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by panafrican(m): 2:59pm On Feb 02, 2023
Otobong3374:
I Won't Keep On Arguing About Africa Continent Because The Problem Of African Countries Is Not Far From Them. When Europian Leaders Were Busy Building Their Countries African Leaders Were Busy Taking African Funds To Europe Continent, North America Continent, Asia Continent, Etc. But Today Who Is Screaming? Africa. I Will Continue To Say This, Africans Need Brain Examination. Africans, Stop Blaming United State, Okay? America Is Not African Problem. Blame Your Leaders Who Are In Position Of Taking African Funds To Foreign Countries.

1. Money laundering is a worldwide issue. Check your own and ask why are some of you are doing in Costa Rica, Brazil, Dubai, Chile, Argentina, or South Asia.

2. No-one is blaming your KKKountry.
Africa is doing just what any other country would do in international relations: Assess relations and make new decisions.
Read what another thread said about this topic. See the screenshot below about another thought on the topic.

Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by Otobong3374(m): 3:11pm On Feb 02, 2023
[quote author=pol23 post=120569380]The truth is nobody's helping Africa... It's all a business.
Some are in it to gain affluence over us, so they can direct us around....say US
Some are in it for financial benefits... Say China.
I believe it's a better thing that US sees China and Russia as competitors over Africa's development, it helps Africa to be picky and we can negotiate a better deal...
But all the same, I believe our leaders are not using this power in the right direction...
Example is the Lagos- Ibadan railway loan project... Cost a whopping $1.5bn, the train makes 1.7 million naira daily and uses fuel of 4 million naira daily... That's a daily colossal lost and where are we going to make money to service the loan, when the train losses money on a daily basis.
This is one of the reason why we need a visionary leader.... They could've done a feasibility study before taking such loans…. This is a bad debt… But Buhari and his boys are somewhere taking the glory instead] Brother Weldone
Re: Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States? by Otobong3374(m): 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2023
panafrican:

1. Money laundering is a worldwide issue. Check your own and ask why are some of you are doing in Costa Rica, Brazil, Dubai, Chile, Argentina, or South Asia.

2. No-one is blaming your KKKountry.
Africa is doing just what any other country would do in international relations: Assess relations and make new decisions.
Read what another thread said about this topic. See the screenshot below about another thought on the topic.
I Know Money Laundering Is A World Wide Issue, But Why African Continent Is Not Developped Like European Continent?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

SAPS Claims No Jurisdiction Over Immigrant Detainment. / US Police Kill Black Boy, 12, Carrying Toy Gun / BOMBSHELL!!! Donald Trump Vows To Overturn Gay Marriage Says It Is Ungodly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.