Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

SAPS Claims No Jurisdiction Over Immigrant Detainment. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / SAPS Claims No Jurisdiction Over Immigrant Detainment. (1379 Views)

Battle Within: IDF Suicides Double But Israel Claims No Connect To War / King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims / Illegal Immigrant Killed Six-week-old Baby Daughter He Fathered In Bid To Remain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SAPS Claims No Jurisdiction Over Immigrant Detainment. by khukhi(f): 6:29pm On Oct 15, 2014
Johannesburg, 14 October 2014 - Hundreds of foreigners are reportedly being held illegally at the Benoni police station. Home Affairs has failed to comment and Gauteng police officers have washed their hands of the situation.

© 2014 eNews channel

http://www.enca.com/media/video/saps-claims-no-jurisdiction-over-immigrant-detainment
Re: SAPS Claims No Jurisdiction Over Immigrant Detainment. by khukhi(f): 6:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
Guys we need to make some noise about this. Its illegal,against human rights and the e news channel is sent from pillar to post between the same police and the home affairs. Even human rights watch is getting nowhere with this... now the Nigerian government needs to hear about this.
Re: SAPS Claims No Jurisdiction Over Immigrant Detainment. by soilsista(f): 9:37pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ai undecided
Re: SAPS Claims No Jurisdiction Over Immigrant Detainment. by osystein(m): 9:55pm On Oct 15, 2014
Now why is a SAn posting this here, do you enjoy these SA bashing threads.
Hopefully y'all won't be complaining that Nigerians are obsessed about your country when we post this SA topics here.

2 Likes

Re: SAPS Claims No Jurisdiction Over Immigrant Detainment. by soilsista(f): 10:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
osystein:
Hopefully y'all won't be complaining that Nigerians are obsessed about your country when we post this SA topics here.
I don't think she's looking for a fight. She posted it to show that she's against what SAPS did. If anyone turns this thread to SA vs Naija then asazi *shrugs*

1 Like

Re: SAPS Claims No Jurisdiction Over Immigrant Detainment. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 15, 2014
Its illegal to detain [size=20pt]ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS[/size]

10 Likes

Re: SAPS Claims No Jurisdiction Over Immigrant Detainment. by osystein(m): 10:20pm On Oct 15, 2014
soilsista:

I don't think she's looking for a fight. She posted it to show that she's against what SAPS did. If anyone turns this thread to SA vs Naija then asazi *shrugs*

OK, so what do you expect will happen
The likes of @EROZA and BellaMafiaZA should stop claiming that Nigerians are obsessed about your country and that ya'll are only here to defend SA. my last post
Re: SAPS Claims No Jurisdiction Over Immigrant Detainment. by morpheus24: 10:22pm On Oct 15, 2014
osystein:

Nairaland is addictive and much more interesting

I've been to couple of SA forums. boring as hell or conversation is restricted to Afrikanner issues/complaints.

1 Like

Re: SAPS Claims No Jurisdiction Over Immigrant Detainment. by soilsista(f): 10:26pm On Oct 15, 2014
osystein:

The likes of @EROZA and BellaMafiaZA should stop claiming that Nigerians are obsessed about your country and that ya'll are only here to defend SA. my last post
But it's true mos! The way you people keep going on about SA and the threads that are created every day. Lol hai it's worrying shame. It's like you people are paid to dig up dirt on us. Worry about the mess in your backyard first.

And if we don't defend our country who will? Angithi you also do the same, so allow!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SAPS Claims No Jurisdiction Over Immigrant Detainment. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 15, 2014
osystein:

Ok, now tell me, what does this have to do with me?
Re: SAPS Claims No Jurisdiction Over Immigrant Detainment. by soilsista(f): 10:37pm On Oct 15, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

Ok, now tell me, what does this have to do with me?

Bayadika these people!!
Re: SAPS Claims No Jurisdiction Over Immigrant Detainment. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
soilsista:

Bayadika these people!!

Nx
Re: SAPS Claims No Jurisdiction Over Immigrant Detainment. by khukhi(f): 9:12pm On Oct 16, 2014
morpheus24:

Nairaland is addictive and much more interesting

I've been to couple of SA forums. boring as hell or conversation is restricted to Afrikanner issues/complaints.

That's true. SA forums are quiet silly in my experience.

I posted this here because the government is making fools out of the families of those detainees changing the story every day. Today home affairs acknowledged the detainees after denying it for days. Its not acceptable and those detainees are important to someone somewhere. I don't see them as you do. I see them as human beings and I'm concerned.
Re: SAPS Claims No Jurisdiction Over Immigrant Detainment. by morpheus24: 10:04pm On Oct 16, 2014
khukhi:

That's true. SA forums are quiet silly in my experience.
I posted this here because the government is making fools out of the families of those detainees changing the story every day. Today home affairs acknowledged the detainees after denying it for days. Its not acceptable and those detainees are important to someone somewhere. I don't see them as you do. I see them as human beings and I'm concerned.

In a democratic society that holds itself up as an example to the rest of Africa, Human rights cannot be trampled upon, no matter how tempting it is to do whatever one likes when they know no one is looking.
Re: SAPS Claims No Jurisdiction Over Immigrant Detainment. by paniki(m): 11:16pm On Oct 16, 2014
Tumisang:
Its illegal to detain [size=20pt]ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS[/size]

+1

Stúpid thread.

5 Likes

Re: SAPS Claims No Jurisdiction Over Immigrant Detainment. by khukhi(f): 6:28pm On Oct 26, 2014
Everyone's entitled to they're own opinion. No matter how xenophobic it may be.

I'll never understand trolls.
Re: SAPS Claims No Jurisdiction Over Immigrant Detainment. by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 27, 2016
soilsista:

Bayadika these people!!

Baie aartsdom if you ask me. How does one not understand what the OP's message is? Someone is gonna have to hire brain installers, Stru!

NgoKhanda tshisa grin
Re: SAPS Claims No Jurisdiction Over Immigrant Detainment. by soilsista(f): 6:38am On Jul 27, 2016
jagugu88li:

Baie aartsdom if you ask me. How does one not understand what the OP's message is? Someone is gonna have to hire brain installers, Stru!

[b]NgoKhanda tshisa ;[/b]D

Too much!! Weh such an old thread kodwa

1 Like

Re: SAPS Claims No Jurisdiction Over Immigrant Detainment. by soilsista(f): 6:43am On Jul 27, 2016
Punky, nguwe?

(1) (Reply)

Mike Pence And Kamala Harris Exchange Jabs At The US Vice Presidential Debate / Ukrainian Helicopters Flew Into Russian Airspace And Shelled An Oil Depot. / Why Is Africa Turning Away From The United States?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.