Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,884 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video) (15158 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Takes A Ride On A Blue Line Train (Photos And Videos) / Nigerian Man Gives A Tour Of ‘five Star’ Graveyard Where He Works In Italy / Lagos City: What Adeniyi Jones Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video) by ba7man(m): 3:36pm On Dec 21, 2022
lovinagbad:
I.know the people
They support politicians that don't deliver infrastructural projects, they also get angry when they see development.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video) by JuanDeDios: 3:40pm On Dec 21, 2022
AnonPoet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuQpYSN5X7w
Beautiful. I love trains. How soon can I enter? Okokomaiko, here I come!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video) by zudozz: 3:40pm On Dec 21, 2022
Please when will start operating?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video) by seguno2: 3:52pm On Dec 21, 2022
Abdul05:
This is the reason why Nigerians are hailing and clapping for tinubu... grin

See how ...Lagos is so blessed. ...

Tinubu initiated an action....fashola, Ambode and sanwo Olu all closely following in his foot steps

cheesy cheesy

24 years to SAY that the light rail is completed even though it is NOT carrying any passenger yet?
Something that clueless Jonathan of PDP did in five years for the Abuja-Kaduna railways, Abuja light rail plus the revival of the existing railways?

Why do you applaud your looters who pretend to be your leaders? What is your reason for this

SB2020:
Interesting facts about Addis Ababa and Lagos light rail projects.

Addis Ababa / Lagos
Cost == $475Million / $1.2Billion
Length == 34km / 27km
Time to Complete == 4years / 7years (projected)
Year Awarded == 2011 / 2008 (Construction began 2010)
Contractor == China Railway Eng. Corp (CREC) /Chinese Civil Eng. Constr. Coy (CCECC)
Population == 5Million / 20Million
GDP == $50Billion (Ethiopia) / $100Billion (Est.) (Nigeria - $535B)

Ethiopia has managed to deliver Sub-Saharan Africa’s first modern light rail project which opened in the capital Addis Ababa on Sunday, and in the process, beat Lagos whose own rail project remains four years behind schedule.

Ethiopia’s rail project was delivered on time, despite its being longer than the Lagos – Badagry rail line currently under construction.

Addis Ababa’s two line 34-kilometre system was built by the China Railway Engineering Corporation (CREC) and cost $475m, 85 percent of which has been covered by China’s Exim bank. The Lagos Light Rail Project or Blue on Badagry Expressway, was to have 13 stations from Okokomaiko to Marina via Iddo for a total of 27 kilometres.

The contract was awarded to the Chinese Civil Engineering Construction Company (CCECC) at the cost of $1.2 billion in 2008, and was to be delivered in 2011. Survey work took one year between August 2009 and August 2010 while construction began July 2010.

The work is being implemented using the public and private partnership (PPP) model, whereby the state builds the infrastructure and the private sector provides the rolling stock and management. However, the project has not worked out according to the plan.
The 2011 deadline was missed, even though the State government got a loan to fund the project.

Source
http://businessdayonline.com/2015/09/addis-ababa-beats-lagos-to-light-rail-as-construction-delays-mount/
Re: Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video) by seguno2: 3:53pm On Dec 21, 2022
zudozz:
Please when will start operating?

Maybe never, since Fashola did similar photo-op in January 2013 saying it would operate in June but nothing till now.
Almost 10 years ago shocked
Re: Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video) by Jsucre(m): 3:55pm On Dec 21, 2022
Sanwo continue good work. Obi for president
Re: Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video) by DWJOBScom(m): 4:09pm On Dec 21, 2022
This is beautiful
Re: Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video) by wolebest: 4:16pm On Dec 21, 2022
God1000:
This is commendable

I do appreciate good things if I see one whether labour party, APC or PDP

But vote Peter Obi for accelerated development

You appreciate good things that were done according to laid down plans drawn out over 20 years ago.

So you want us to vote for Peter Obi who couldn't leave behind a blueprint for the development for Anambra over 16 years ago.

Obi has no pedigree for sustainable development, if had he, he will be calling the shots and would have been a reference point in Anambra today.

They don't even reckon with him as an APGA partyman, because he was a PDP member. Even PDP would not touch him with a long pole.
Peter Obi for accelerated development indeed. He is a 'political harlot' PDP to APGA to PDP to LP.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video) by IbileIfe: 4:25pm On Dec 21, 2022
Stop telling idiotic lies.
It is not yet completed.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video) by zudozz: 4:33pm On Dec 21, 2022
seguno2:

Maybe never, since Fashola did similar photo-op in January 2013 saying it would operate in June but nothing till now.
Almost 10 years ago shocked

SMH
Re: Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video) by JasonSleek(m): 4:35pm On Dec 21, 2022
See weytin we dey celebrate.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video) by QuoteJustOnce: 4:41pm On Dec 21, 2022
kingmaster2009:

Now that you quoted...

For the fact that your grandfather came to hustle in Lagos state and breed your father and you doesn't make yourself a Lagosian...

If you can answer this question correctly then...You are a Lagosian. Your grandparent during the civil war 1966-1970 ....do.dey walk freely on the street of Lagos state or do dey lock up themselves in their room...or so dey relocate back to the Yeast?

There is no how Nymairi people can claim. Lagos....even though you and your parents were born there.

My grandfather was already decayed long ago in his grave before the civil war.
I repeat, I don't have time for offsprings made from cumshots of some tribalistic !diots.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video) by RuMiRgO1stSon: 5:23pm On Dec 21, 2022
4 MORE YEARS! 4 MORE YEARS!!.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video) by Afamed: 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2022
God1000:
This is commendable

I do appreciate good things if I see one whether labour party, APC or PDP

But vote Peter Obi for accelerated development

The accelerated development that Obi did not give his people when he governed them for 8 years
Re: Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video) by ofiko123(m): 7:45pm On Dec 21, 2022
Nice one.. Kudos to him..
Re: Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video) by PureNigerian: 8:16pm On Dec 21, 2022
ipobarecriminals:
cool one gringory from Otogba,ogbane,wey scammed his People with Edo nor be lagos dey do fanfare with STREET LAMP lipsrsealed sad grin he erected there

If Edo generate the same revenue like Lagos, Obaseki outperform any governor in Nigeria
Re: Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video) by ipobarecriminals: 9:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
PureNigerian:

If Edo generate the same revenue like Lagos, Obaseki outperform any governor in Nigeria
Better STOP DECEIVING your gullible self and PRAISE FAILURE. I'm NOT from Edo but knw the state inside out except the town I never visit'ed'.That's the honest truth. Where us the money Pa Bubu released to the THIEF?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video) by AfonjaPriest: 4:43pm On Dec 22, 2022
AnonPoet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuQpYSN5X7w
After many years, Lagos is still struggling to build good roads and develop reasonable means of transportation.
Yet I heard BATstards shouting, Tinubu built Lagos.
Such nonsensical utterances can only come out from the guts of delusional compulsive obsessive bunch of idiots..
If Tinubu built Lagos, he built Lagos to ruin.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Foreign Flights To Nigeria Forced To Refuel Elsewhere - YahooNews / Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim / Any Nigeria Living In South Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.